Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

I left the roof off my car all night -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Nothing worse. When I got accepted to my degree program, my aunt in law asked me why I wasn't applying to medicine. I told her I wasn't interested in it, then she proceeded to inform me that my parents aren't proud of me and that if I don't get my act together that they'll always be embarrassed of me.
    Family, huh? :rolleyes:

what an absolute wench :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

"This forum requires you wait 60 seconds before sending another pm. Please wait 1 second".

Ah, COME ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

When you're into a book series and the publisher decides to change the dimensions or cover style of the last one or two so that they look crap on a bookshelf together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Fear mongering and the butchering of statistics.

"100% increase in cat deaths this year, possible virus which could spread to humans"

Then it ignores that 2 cats died this year and they were both quite old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

I left the roof off my car all night -.-

The sky is the limit but the universe is wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've lost my college email password. My essay is due tomorrow which of course I haven't started. Without the password, I can't get the essay titles! I'm a disaster, why do I always leave things until the last minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

having a wrap and the fillings all fall out mid bite.

worse when its a chicken curry wrap and it goes all over the gaff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Getting hunger pangs 2 hours before the restaurant booking. Do you eat and risk ruin your appetite or suffer in silence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Menas wrote: »
    Getting hunger pangs 2 hours before the restaurant booking. Do you eat and risk ruin your appetite or suffer in silence?

Have one of these -

Christ that came from the bowels of my memory, it was just the association with eating something that won't ruin your appetite! :D

TA that I have no idea how the brain does that...

*waits patiently for someone to offer an explanation* :p

Ok the lecturer rang me with my password (yay) but now I'm doing the essay and I am so unbelievably bored!!!! Someone want to do an essay for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

People who leave doors slightly open and they bang then. Also people who eat loud 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Going into a cafe for your lunch looking for a sandwich, but oh no, they only do ciabattas or paninis...aargh (hate ciabattas and paninis) !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

KatW4 wrote: »
    Ok the lecturer rang me with my password (yay) but now I'm doing the essay and I am so unbelievably bored!!!! Someone want to do an essay for me?

What's it about, maybe we could come up with some ideas.

Hmm, I could see that one replacing "The dog ate my homework" excuses -

"The internet did my homework"...

As the teacher just rolls their eyes :p

• Advertisement

Going into a cafe for your lunch looking for a sandwich, but oh no, they only do ciabattas or paninis...aargh (hate ciabattas and paninis) !

A piece of cake?

Go on, go on go on go on!

Go ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

A piece of cake?

Go on, go on go on go on!

Go ON!

Haha - thanks for making me laugh :)

The change in religious education in Ireland since the 1960's! It's quite a nice essay, I like looking at the history of it, I just don't like essays! They're a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

People who check in on Facebook with "Round2.." "Round3.."

Ok we get it, you mad bastard who can drink consecutive nights in a row!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

The change in religious education in Ireland since the 1960's! It's quite a nice essay, I like looking at the history of it, I just don't like essays! They're a pain!

ZzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz.....

I'll still write it for you, unless you want to pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was in Argos earlier picking up one of those euro plug adapters. Anyway, you'd think a touchscreen would work like touchscreen. No, of course it wouldn't. It was more like a punchscreen. The pile of shyte only seemed to work when were almost punching the tabs to work. Pull your fingers out Argos and get your act together. A touchscreen should only require a touch and not a fecking workout to use it.

I'll still write it for you, unless you want to pass

I'd quite like to pass but thanks for your super kind offer :D

TA - I love reading the comments on the rugby forum but then it distracts me from the game. Wish I could do both at once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I was in Argos earlier picking up one of those euro plug adapters. Anyway, you'd think a touchscreen would work like touchscreen. No, of course it wouldn't. It was more like a punchscreen. The pile of shyte only seemed to work when were almost punching the tabs to work. Pull your fingers out Argos and get your act together. A touchscreen should only require a touch and not a fecking workout to use it.
    I threw out 2 Euro Adaptors on Friday, Because I had 3 and I had them 3 years too. You have now annoyed me by buying one. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Christ that came from the bowels of my memory, it was just the association with eating something that won't ruin your appetite! :D

I have to admit that I love the phrase "bowels of my memory", I shall adapt it.

My kitten (what's a teenage cat called?) brought another mouse into the house and proceeded to play with it in the hall. Gross!!

My kitten (what's a teenage cat called?) brought another mouse into the house and proceeded to play with it in the hall. Gross!!

A teenage kitten, a titten?

It's called a cat, Kat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Heeere titty titty titty....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When you are collecting someone from Dublin airport T1, and your waiting on the right side of the arrivals hall (between the arrival area and the door to the carpark) (because Dublin being Dublin, passengers can come out and turn left or right), and the person your waiting for comes out and turns left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I've a rotten cold and went to the shop hoping for some strepsils or halls soothers. Best they had was locked. They're honey and lemon but taste disgusting. Why do lockets have to taste so horrible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Nearly every time I try to click on that little arrow to get to the latest post in a thread, I hit the poster's name instead and get their profile, then I worry it makes me look like a weirdo stalker.....

Actually lots of things about trying to use boards with this mobile browser annoy the piss out of me, I'm going to email the developers. I have to type for everything, smileys, quotes, posting links, anything at all. Then I can never remember whether it's :.mad: or :.angry:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

two-faced bitches, except its not very trivial!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

When I phone the local Garda station to book a lift home and they tell me all the Squads are out at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 T K

Not being able to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

T K wrote: »
    Not being able to sleep.

For once it's a bonus, look at the lunar eclipse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

T K wrote: »
    Not being able to sleep.

:( that's not trivial, sleep is srs bisness!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Poochie05 wrote:
    For once it's a bonus, look at the lunar eclipse!!

TA that I didn't know there was a lunar eclipse. :mad: :o

When I'm doing the morning crossword in the 'en suite' "office", and I'm interrupted by an email first so I'm replying to that, when next thing the phone starts bloody ringing in my hands, should've put the damn thing on silent (schoolboy error, pfft :rolleyes:)!!

Still not feeling right either, every time I cough the lads are worried I'm going to pass out. I'm fine! Only call the ambulance if I do pass out, otherwise it's just embarrassing for all of us! :o

Being mollycoddled, christ I hate being mollycoddled, I think I'll stay in here for the day, pretend I'm gone home :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I can't remember the last time I was in full health. Always seem to have at the very least a cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Knocked my brand new unused toothbrush into the toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

messrs wrote: »
    Google wont help you there! A poster made a comment a few pages back that his parents read cups and predicted that everything would turn out okay & now that it has above post is about his earlier one saying that the cups were right after all! ( sorry if that has confused you even more!!)

ahem....

Super ****ing annoying: I hate some specific type of spice / herb / ingredient and have NO idea what the **** it is. Nobody knows, it's like a ghost is seasoning my food just to **** with me

I don't know how to describe it, and when I find it in something nobody can tell me what it is because they just say they can't taste anything specific. it's like if liquorice and cheap perfume were mixed in a blender with chives and garlic. You know those disgusting little bullseye sweets that taste like being winded? It's like those.

I just got a takeaway korma that I've had probably 10 times before from the same place, but this time it's a slightly lighter colour, smells and tastes nothing like before AND IT HAS THE INGREDIENT IN IT

This happens to me too! There is something that I always come across in the likes of a veggie burrito or stir-fry, sometimes in the odd Marks & Spencer salad but I haven't a feckin clue what it is! :( I think we might even be talking about the same thing!

I can't remember the last time I was in full health. Always seem to have at the very least a cold

A nice hot whiskey with a couple of cloves should sort that out for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Just realised I put on odd socks this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Plenty of excercise this morning... trying to jump a car on my feckin own!! Gave up in the end and had to buy a set of jump leads, bad start to the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Being mollycoddled, christ I hate being mollycoddled, I think I'll stay in here for the day, pretend I'm gone home :pac:

Awh you poor thing, make sure you have some warm soup for lunch. It will make you feel so much better, ha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

At the eye clinic for the best part of 3 hours today. I couldn't wait till my daughter had her eye drops in, so I could get a coffee. I was gagging for it so much, I didn't waste time putting milk in. So then I burnt the very tip of my tongue off of it. 2 hours later, and it's still sore and scaldy.

People in the office blatantly looking at my computer screen when they talk to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People in the office blatantly looking at my computer screen when they talk to me.
    People in the office in general.
    Shut up the lot of ye. Vapid arsepipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A teenage delinqitten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

OldNotWIse wrote: »

HELLO ONW's work colleagues! *WAVES HANDS*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement