Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I am seeing this friend on Wednesday. I might ask her if she has any trivial annoyances about her ankle length hair

Do! ! We probably won't have any complaints after!

Another TA - awkward conversations with people that you can't tell anything to in case they spread it around. It's hard watching what you say but it's safer that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

starling wrote: »
    There's actually an even more annoying thing that happens sometimes, I'm not sure how to explain it but sometimes for example I might be just drawing up level to a person and the person will suddenly do something that forces me to make a sudden and painful movement, I don't know if I'm explaining it right? Because tbh if someone stops and I literally end up walking into them, it wouldn't bother me as much because forward motion isn't as difficult as whatever gimpy manoveur I'd instinctively do..

I think as well, if I have to suddenly sidestep often they don't even notice what has happened. Or if they do, they don't realise it actually hurt me. Often people look at me as if they're expecting me to get out of their way but whatever position we're in, I can't do it and I think maybe they think I'm being awkward on purpose. Not that that bothers me, it's not my fault. But at least if you end up walking into someone, they realise they did something silly so they might not do it again ....:)

People who treat the footpath like it's their own personal walkway to do whatever they want with no regard for how they're inconveniencing anyone else. And then when they're required to get out of your way they look at you as if you you've just slapped them in the face. Morons. You should need a licence to use busy pedestrian paths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

KatW4 wrote: »
    Do! ! We probably won't have any complaints after!

Another TA - awkward conversations with people that you can't tell anything to in case they spread it around. It's hard watching what you say but it's safer that way.

Totally, I know someone who isn't a gossip as such but accidentally lets things slip all the time in conversation. She genuinely forgets it's not supposed to be common knowledge. She doesn't do it on purpose and she'd feel bad if you mentioned it so it's a bit awkward, telper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

That would definitely start to get annoying after the first couple of times. I wish this person let things out accidentally! This one fishes and fishes for information and then spreads it viciously around. I've been warned to keep my mouth shut around her because she can be dangerous!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

the almightiest of caffeine crashes this afternoon in the middle of a class. i was barely able to focus, my mood just plummeted and I hardly had any energy at all for the walk home. I had blood tests done recently and I'm not diabetic, I had a large protein filled meal 3 hours beforehand so it definitely wasn't blood sugar. only thing it could have been is the coffee.

I've been trying to avoid this for a long while but I think I have to quit coffee again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

A post on a website divided up by pages and slides that doesn't give you the option to view all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Bogtrotting GAAliban savages who think they have a god given right to park anywhere on their way to a GAA match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

"10 Minutes into <insert pointless word here> and Chill"

Already the most overused line on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I rarely get sick but I have a cold since yesterday and took my last lemsip to work this morn and forgot to get more earlier so now I have to have a hot whiskey:mad:its lovely really:D
    The head cold is all sneezing and a blocked nose but every so often my nose starts running and catches me out...disgusting:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Almost decapitated myself while taking a bath earlier when I elbowed the glass shower screen and it fell in on me, still in one piece though, and me too, strangely enough! I'm not sure how many lives I have left any more at this point :o

Luckily I was only shaving my kiwis at the time and not the face, phew! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I shouldnt but :D:D:D Sorry Jack hope youre ok .

Almost decapitated myself while taking a bath earlier when I elbowed the glass shower screen and it fell in on me, still in one piece though, and me too, strangely enough! I'm not sure how many lives I have left any more at this point :o

Luckily I was only shaving my kiwis at the time and not the face, phew! :D

:eek: :(

I've had so many near-misses getting in and out of the shower that it genuinely scares me. My flat had a shower over the bath and I fell a couple of times but it wasn't so bad because there was more space and something to grab like the side of the bath, or the sink because it was such a small bathroom ;) but the step-in shower here is a nightmare.

(Is that the right term? It's a shower enclosure with a lip at the bottom)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Colser wrote: »
    I shouldnt but :D:D:D Sorry Jack hope youre ok .

Oh I'm fine Colser, I'm always fine, even my wife doesn't ask am I ok any more, she heard the crash of the glass panel and just strolled into the bathroom, "what have you done now?" :rolleyes:

:eek: :(

I've had so many near-misses getting in and out of the shower that it genuinely scares me. My flat had a shower over the bath and I fell a couple of times but it wasn't so bad because there was more space and something to grab like the side of the bath, or the sink because it was such a small bathroom ;) but the step-in shower here is a nightmare.

(Is that the right term? It's a shower enclosure with a lip at the bottom)

I'd love one of those step in showers myself, the last time I slipped and fell out over the bath I grabbed hold of the showerhead and took it with me, tried to reach out for the lip of the toilet bowl to stop me hitting the floor, shouldered into the toilet bowl instead and smashed it... :o

€300 squids later to fix up the bathroom, I was far more careful in the shower after that, one of those grippy mats in the bottom of the bath :pac:

EDIT: Also TA that I didn't sleep a wink all night and I have that road trip up the country today, it's not that I'm nervous or anything at all, I'd do this stuff in my sleep (if I actually did sleep), fcuk it, may as well get up and have a shower now anyways :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Haha if you plait it, I'm definitely not you - I generally couldn't be arsed.

My hair is the longest it's ever been, and I love it. But the longer it's gotten the more unmanageable it is, so I may need to start thinking about plaiting in bed.

Anything's better than me suddenly getting super annoyed of the practicalities of managing it,, and getting it cut and then regretting it.

I have this annoyance now too. Used to be to my shoulders and now its halfway down my back. I cut it myself because it doesn't matter what you tell a hairdresser (just ONE inch or just the frayed ends), they will butcher you :(

It makes me cringe, its so awkward :)

And then the f*ckers look at you as if you are following them. Sorry love, even stalkers have standards. Now get out of my f*cking way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    And then the f*ckers look at you as if you are following them. Sorry love, even stalkers have standards. Now get out of my f*cking way.

Well i hate to be the one to tell you but they never really look at me like that. Maybe you have a certain look i dont know. ;)

Ah no seriously i know what you mean. Now that you have put that in my head tho, the next time it happens, im going to end up thinking that they think im a stalker whereas before i just had to deal with the awkwardness! Thanks for that oldnotwise :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA that I'm talking to me new cat like it's a baby.

CheeseBurger: Miaow
    Boom_Bap: Now Cheesy, I have to go to orky worky wwworky
    CheeseBall: Miiaaooow *walks around me feet and looks up at me* miiaow
    Boom_Bap: But cheesestake, i'll be back lwwwwwwator for cwuddles and shnuggly wugglies.
    CheeseNoodle: miow
    Boom_Bap: I gotta go-ey woey woey now, I'm cwosing the dwoor Cheesegrator.

repeat for about 20 minutes.

TA #2
    Getting stuck in traffic because I left 20 minutes later than normal becuase of a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cars. Always something fecking wrong!

TA that I was cold last night despite spending my lovely money-that-could-have-been-spent-on-boots-and-drink on home heating oil, because the feckin thing has a ghost in the machine or something. Cue phone call to Spain so dad can sort it out over the phone.
    Hit the red button.
    Are you sure its not the green one?
    No no the red one, near the floor.
    The green one is closer to the floor.
    Ok try that one. Now, go to the hotpress and there is a valve on the ground, turn that, that will release water back into the system. OK there is a valve on the left, what's the pressure reading on that?
    Um I don't know? if it were a clock it would be um....9pm?
    OK open the valve and let the steam out.
    (Water flowing out at this point).
    Now, press the green button again. Anything?
    Silence...
    I'm going to fill the hot water bottle. Goodnight.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    TA that I'm talking to me new cat like it's a baby.

CheeseBurger: Miaow
    Boom_Bap: Now Cheesy, I have to go to orky worky wwworky
    CheeseBall: Miiaaooow *walks around me feet and looks up at me* miiaow
    Boom_Bap: But cheesestake, i'll be back lwwwwwwator for cwuddles and shnuggly wugglies.
    CheeseNoodle: miow
    Boom_Bap: I gotta go-ey woey woey now, I'm cwosing the dwoor Cheesegrator.

repeat for about 20 minutes.

TA #2
    Getting stuck in traffic because I left 20 minutes later than normal becuase of a cat.

This is my every morning. "Mommy has to work" (to buy your expensive food). :rolleyes: And the checklist goes a little like this:

Dog done number 1 and 2?
    All chewables and choking hazards out of reach?
    Dog on bed with chair beside in case she wants to get down?
    Fresh water and sensitive food?
    Cats out?
    Cats fed?
    Cat X fed separately because it has renal support food?
    Cat Y fed separately because it's a big girl's blouse and the other cats keep beating it up for it's food?
    Cat Z fed and done 1 and 2 and left inside because it likes to sit in the middle of the road licking where it's balls used to be?
    Stray cat appears, run back inside, grab food for him.
    Dog runs to car, thinks you've changed your mind and come back for her.
    Put dog back inside.
    Chicken sh1t cat runs inside.
    Ball licking no road sense cat runs out.
    Change water outside in case of slugs the night before.

On and f*cking on and on....

And I wonder why I'm always late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

kiwis?

califano wrote: »
    kiwis?

Probably more like plums now to be fair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

DareGod wrote: »
    Also, when you're walking along the footpath and you're intending to pass out the person ahead of you but they keep wandering from one side of the path to the other. And as you try to pass them out they start wandering back in front of you again. People are so frustrating. Please everybody when walking along a footpath make an effort to walk STRAIGHT.

And couples holding hands who expect you to walk around them when you meet them head on, rather than letting go for 2 seconds!!

TA that there are builders in the house and I look and feel like **** on toast

Especially because they're doing the bathroom so I can't even shower or shave my beard (don't think they've noticed it though)

TA that I care what the builders think, but sure we're all creatures of ego I suppose :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

TA that there are builders in the house and I look and feel like **** on toast

Especially because they're doing the bathroom so I can't even shower or shave my beard (don't think they've noticed it though)

TA that I care what the builders think, but sure we're all creatures of ego I suppose :o

I thought you were a girl! Oh, wait, maybe you are and now I've just insulted you :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

Last year I decided to put up a free to air satellite dish, I looked up the planning regulations so the said I had to put it on the side or back of the house, So I bought a six foot steel pole and whacked it up on the side of the house but then I discovered I need a small metal contraption to get saoirview what a load of codswallop, but at least now I have all the Irish and English Channels despite Sky and the Irish Government making it so difficult and expensive,

How many householders ignore this planning regulation?

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I thought you were a girl! Oh, wait, maybe you are and now I've just insulted you :D:pac:

:D or maybe the builders are women?? No, I'm a lady person alright, but I have PCOS and I don't shave every day because it irritates my skin. Normally it doesn't matter because I don't see anybody. If I'm going out I'll shave or wear a scarf. It's another reason why I dread the idea of house- or flatshares :o

Don't worry I'm not insulted at all! One time there was a troll MRA type on here arguing with me and he went back through all my posts and found one where I was talking about it, and copied it and pasted it into a PM and said "How's the beard??" it was the dumbest attempt at harassment ever. Like, I fúcking mentioned it on a message board do you really think I'm going to be embarrassed or something? :pac::pac:

:D or maybe the builders are women?? No, I'm a lady person alright, but I have PCOS and I don't shave every day because it irritates my skin. Normally it doesn't matter because I don't see anybody. If I'm going out I'll shave or wear a scarf. It's another reason why I dread the idea of house- or flatshares :o

Don't worry I'm not insulted at all! One time there was a troll MRA type on here arguing with me and he went back through all my posts and found one where I was talking about it, and copied it and pasted it into a PM and said "How's the beard??" it was the dumbest attempt at harassment ever. Like, I fúcking mentioned it on a message board do you really think I'm going to be embarrassed or something? :pac::pac:

Oh sorry, now I did insult you, my apologies! I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth :o Well, there are many reasons I'd hate to be in a flat-share myself so I understand where you're coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Someone emailing me a form for completion but sending it as a PDF.

If you expect me to complete your form (well, actually I need to) at least have the decency to send it in word format so I can type in my responses, and the only thing I have to handwrite is my signature. Grr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My wife, who works in a different company, can now send me MS Lync IM's and can see my status.
    I am not sure if this is good or bad, but probably bad!

Menas wrote: »
    My wife, who works in a different company, can now send me MS Lync IM's and can see my status.
    I am not sure if this is good or bad, but probably bad!

It will be bad ;)

My OH reads my posts on boards, (hello OH) so I know the feeling :pac:

It will be bad ;)

My OH reads my posts on boards, (hello OH) so I know the feeling :pac:

:eek:

If my OH ever reads my boards posts I'll be single again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

If you expect me to complete your form (well, actually I need to) at least have the decency to send it in word format so I can type in my responses, and the only thing I have to handwrite is my signature. Grr.

Copy & Paste into word and type in all your answers, let them convert back to PDF if they need to

messrs wrote: »
    Copy & Paste into word and type in all your answers, let them convert back to PDF if they need to

Thanks, but my PDF version won't allow that, and if it did, I think the formatting would probably go wonky at the very least unless it was a straight conversion :)

I'm probably just being lazy, but I detest my handwriting.

Just heard a sofa company on the radio advertising 'guaranteed delivery for Christmas'.

Really? Well, yes, I'd hope that you could guarantee delivery within the next three months...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Thanks, but my PDF version won't allow that, and if it did, I think the formatting would probably go wonky at the very least unless it was a straight conversion :)

I'm probably just being lazy, but I detest my handwriting.

that was just me been lazy aswell by suggesting that!! im the same, hate when I have to handwrite things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Cars. Always something fecking wrong!

O.H's car off the road since last Thursday, goes dead when you slow up, no brakes or steering when it happens, just happened out of the blue, been in main dealer since cant find the problem, nothing showing on diagnostics, so trial and error to fix, they say.....NCT on Saturday coming, sh1t...:eek::eek:

I've hardly any food in and hardly any money at mo, and couldn't be arsed walking to the supermarket rather than the more expensive local shop BUT I just saw a facebook post from this morning of a pub advertising their breakfast, and now I'm totally wanting to go buy bacon, egg, sausage, the works and make a breakfast... so much effort though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Probably more like plums now to be fair :)

Prunes ;)

I've hardly any food in and hardly any money at mo, and couldn't be arsed walking to the supermarket rather than the more expensive local shop BUT I just saw a facebook post from this morning of a pub advertising their breakfast, and now I'm totally wanting to go buy bacon, egg, sausage, the works and make a breakfast... so much effort though!

Thank god I'm not the only one who finds themselves in this exact situation...

• Advertisement

Oh sorry, now I did insult you, my apologies! I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth :o Well, there are many reasons I'd hate to be in a flat-share myself so I understand where you're coming from.

No worries. I promise I'm not insulted at all. :) It's really not that big a deal, it bothered me when I was a chungwan of course, but nowadays...meh. It can be easily got rid of with a quick shave, if I could get rid of all my problems as easily I'd be on the pigs back! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You'd think a fairly genteel task like dead heading dahlias of a fine evening would be a nice way to pass a few minutes in the garden but somehow yours truly managed to cut the tip of his little finger - blood everywhere, including my jumper which really annoyed me grrrrrr.

As a back handed complement I recommend Fiskars scissors, it must be in the house 20 years and still as good as new...

Seven Worlds will Collide

You'd think a fairly genteel task like dead heading dahlias of a fine evening would be a nice way to pass a few minutes in the garden but somehow yours truly managed to cut the tip of his little finger - blood everywhere, including my jumper which really annoyed me grrrrrr.

As a back handed complement I recommend Fiskars scissors, it must be in the house 20 years and still as good as new...

Throw a load of salt on it and soak it in cold water, ASAP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Poochie05 wrote: »
    And couples holding hands who expect you to walk around them when you meet them head on, rather than letting go for 2 seconds!!

Or when a family walks 3 or 4 abreast so you can't get around them at all and they are dawdling, oblivious to you behind them trying to pass, waiting for little Johnny to catch up.

OP you have opened a hornets nest, I have loads of TAs about people on footpaths!!

Throw a load of salt on it and soak it in cold water, ASAP!

I used a styptic pencil from my shaving kit - stings like a rabid wasp - but stopped the bleeding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

selous wrote: »
    O.H's car off the road since last Thursday, goes dead when you slow up, no brakes or steering when it happens, just happened out of the blue, been in main dealer since cant find the problem, nothing showing on diagnostics, so trial and error to fix, they say.....NCT on Saturday coming, sh1t...:eek::eek:

My battery is fecked, if I turn on the rear window heater the car dies :D

I used a styptic pencil from my shaving kit - stings like a rabid wasp - but stopped the bleeding :)

:pac: I meant your jumper I'm not evil enough to tell you to put salt on a wound! :D

The styptic pencil was good thinking though.

There's PDF editor things you put in text boxes there, they're handy
    word would be handier all right though

:pac: I meant your jumper I'm not evil enough to tell you to put salt on a wound! :D

Oh right........LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

The words "Immigrant" and "Emigrant" annoy me because they shouldn't be two separate words.

If you're an "Immigrant", meaning you've come into the country, then you must have left a country, making you an "Emigrant".

So for example, if a Scottish guy moves to Ireland, to us he is an "Immigrant". But to the Scottish people he is an "Emigrant". Pointless really.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement