Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

People unable to use Tesco self-service tills.

Place basket on shelf.

Start and scan first item.

Place item in "bagging" area, NEXT to bag.

Repeat with next item until all scanned.

Pay for items. Usually with a scrunched-up note that will only be accepted on the 15th try.

Pack bag with your items. Very slowly and methodically.

Huh? I dont get it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Someone tore down all posters for an event I help out with. The absolute definition of trivially annoying because it doesn't actually matter, but now I have to bother to print more and then sellotape them up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Huh? I dont get it! :)

They should be putting things into the bag as they go along, instead of putting them beside the bag and then packing them after they're finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

starling wrote: »
    They should be putting things into the bag as they go along, instead of putting them beside the bag and then packing them after they're finished

Haha i know! I was joking because its irritating how people dont get it even when it is spelled out in front of them as in the post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Clegg wrote: »
    Kiwi fruit.

What is the point of you? You don't taste nice and you're the colour of snot.

Way too much talk about snot in here today.:(

* wretches *

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Not a TA as such, but I thought I would share anyway.

I went to donate blood last week.,I have deep veins which are not really visible so it usually involves a bit of poking and prodding before said vein is located. I am lying on a trolley and the conversation went something like this.

Nurse 1. "Breda, can you take a look at this, I can't get a vein up"
    Nurse 2."ah, that's because you are only using one finger, you need to use three fingers to get a good feel"
    Nurse 1."ah yeah, I can feel it now it's throbbing away"

They could have gotten a pint of blood from my bitten lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"Can I get a like?" - no. F*ck off.

When terms & conditions for something have say, 5 terms and then number 6 is called "enjoy". Enjoyment is a term? If I don't enjoy it have I broken the contract? Also f*ck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    "Can I get a like?" - no. F*ck off.

When terms & conditions for something have say, 5 terms and then number 6 is called "enjoy". Enjoyment is a term? If I don't enjoy it have I broken the contract? Also f*ck off.

Afraid to 'like' this post! :(

Someone tore down all posters for an event I help out with. The absolute definition of trivially annoying because it doesn't actually matter, but now I have to bother to print more and then sellotape them up again

We lost a cat in April, and all the missing signs have been taken down except one which is on the route I walk the dogs every evening. Seeing her faded little photo and her big imploring eyes staring at me, not knowing if she is still alive or if she is scared or suffering somewhere is, wait it's not trivially annoying it's sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When people comment on my lunch in work. "Oh you're only having a salad, are you trying to lose weight?". "That's not all you're eating is it?". "Oh wow looks like you're indulging today!".

I don't know how people think it's okay to constantly make comments like that! I eat quite healthily with plenty of snacks in between meals whenever I'm hungry, so it's not like I'm starving myself. Should really start making "Oh wow, you must be hungry!" comments back....but, well...I'm not a c*nt.

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    Afraid to 'like' this post! :(

haha, not it's the facebook like whores that annoy me. :P

Facebook_Like_Jail.jpg

scdublin wrote: »
    When people comment on my lunch in work. "Oh you're only having a salad, are you trying to lose weight?". "That's not all you're eating is it?". "Oh wow looks like you're indulging today!".

I don't know how people think it's okay to constantly make comments like that! I eat quite healthily with plenty of snacks in between meals whenever I'm hungry, so it's not like I'm starving myself. Should really start making "Oh wow, you must be hungry!" comments back....but, well...I'm not a c*nt.

This is a real bug bear of mine. Can't bring anything remotely aromatic in without a running commentary. The ones trying to lose weight are the worst. Comment on the food and then say, "oh I'd die for that now but I'm trying to be good!". :mad:

People that say TA is definitely one of mine.

Also back pain.

Signed up to do a bootcamp and had my first class yesterday. Going through the stations grand, bit sweaty but not tired and could keep going. Got to one that involved picking up weights - knees bent, lifting to waist, down again. Weight was fine - could manage it then at about the 2nd set on the 1st round, I felt the twinge that has now led to me lying down with a hot water bottle against my back.

Ho-hum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I went to donate blood last week.,I have deep veins which are not really visible so it usually involves a bit of poking and prodding before said vein is located. I am lying on a trolley and the conversation went something like this.

Nurse 2."ah, that's because you are only using one finger, you need to use three fingers to get a good feel"

The girl I work with had to give a blood sample to the company doctor a few months ago. She doesn't like needles so was a bit nervous, but what is the first thing the doctor says to her? "I absolutely HATE getting needles!". Great bedside manner there, doc!

Last week, the same girl had to go to hospital for an out-patient procedure. Before they did anything, they had to give her an injection. As they were preparing for this, the doctor and nurse (or whoever) were discussing a needle insertion that had gone wrong for one of them 20 minutes previously, where there was "blood everywhere".

She was thinking "Eh, I don't need to hear this!".

I wish I could give blood, but can't in Ireland, because I lived in the UK for more than a year consecutively from 1980 to 1996. That's a bit of an annoyance.

I seem to have a cold. It is not enough to knock me out and necessitate time off work, but it is bad enough to make any effort a trauma and be trivially annoying. Damned thing is taking its time too, won’t get worse, won’t get better.

I've never called in sick in the 8 years that I've been in my current job, but instead of feeling like I can call in sick if I have to because management will know I am not faking, it's actually had the opposite effect. I feel like I cant break my own personal record or something :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I've never called in sick in the 8 years that I've been in my current job, but instead of feeling like I can call in sick if I have to because management will know I am not faking, it's actually had the opposite effect. I feel like I cant break my own personal record or something :(

I know the feeling. I felt the same way, even though the reason I was sick I'd been in a car crash, and not only was I covered in bruises and in shock but I completely smashed my car up! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

People taking their bad moods out on you.

• Advertisement

Robsweezie wrote: »
    People taking their bad moods out on you.

And when you ask them politely to stop snapping and they bite the head off ya. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I was on a roll too, haven't had a week off sick in years, had 3 days off this year for hospital appointments (2 last yr and no days off at all in 2013) I got called in by boss on behalf of head office last week about my excessive sick leave, 3 absences within 6 months, FFS, why bother be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

selous wrote: »
    I was on a roll too, haven't had a week off sick in years, had 3 days off this year for hospital appointments (2 last yr and no days off at all in 2013) I got called in by boss on behalf of head office last week about my excessive sick leave, 3 absences within 6 months, FFS, why bother be good?

In Some of the places I have worked, you get more thanks if you take every second Monday off due to some sort of "24 hour virus".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He was always wearing baseball caps backwards and real low on his brow.

To use a phrase I heard once.
    Im scarlet for him and scarlet for his Ma for havin him.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

In Some of the places I have worked, you get more thanks if you take every second Monday off due to some sort of "24 hour virus".
    Better again if you do emergency cover over the weekend (ching ching) and then seem to be unlucky enough to only get sick on your normal days..its a joke tbh Its always the same few and yet theres nothing said in case they might get offended. I had 15 yrs unbroken until this year and I was gutted when I had to take the time off.....different folks ect.

On another note has anyone else got turned of kiwis and plums due to reading this thread?I cant face mine now because of Jacks bits..its an awful waste of good fruit;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Wham once sang "Club Tropicana, drinks are free..." The problem is that they probably are on an all-inclusive package. They are paying for all those drinks in their ticket price, pus the drinks are probably low grade. So a better lyric would be "Club Tropicana, drinks are all-inclusive..."

They also sang "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away" Well, that would be fatal. So how are they singing about it?!?!?!?

Finally they sang "Wake me up before you go-go. Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo" To be honest their partners are clearly sado-masochists if they are being forced to hang on like a yo-yo. Rather than asking to be woken up they should be developing a strategy to call the Gards and arrange a rescue.

Non-logical song lyrics annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

grundie wrote: »
    Wham once sang "Club Tropicana, drinks are free..." The problem is that they probably are on an all-inclusive package. They are paying for all those drinks in their ticket price, pus the drinks are probably low grade. So a better lyric would be "Club Tropicana, drinks are all-inclusive..."

They also sang "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away" Well, that would be fatal. So how are they singing about it?!?!?!?

Finally they sang "Wake me up before you go-go. Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo" To be honest their partners are clearly sado-masochists if they are being forced to hang on like a yo-yo. Rather than asking to be woken up they should be developing a strategy to call the Gards and arrange a rescue.

Non-logical song lyrics annoy me.

People awkwardly shoehorning the stand up routine they wrote in 1988 but were too scared to try in real life into the trivial annoyance thread annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Kev W wrote: »
    People awkwardly shoehorning the stand up routine they wrote in 1988 but were too scared to try in real life into the trivial annoyance thread annoy me.

People misusing Jerry Seinfeld jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

grundie wrote: »
    People misusing Jerry Seinfeld jokes.

People making Jerry Seinfeld references I don't get. :)

Way too much talk about snot in here today.:(

* wretches *

That's a bit harsh!!
    :pac:

My TA is that cold Menas mentioned. I think everyone has it. Miserable :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TA today is seeing disaster where there is none. I went down the slip to the sea today, the sea was right in and splashing up against the rails. There was an empty buggy, a pair of man's runners, and a pair of children's shoes on the low wall where people sit. I looked left and right and all I could see was sea. I thought I was going to vomit. I sat down for a minute, and visualised ringing the Garda station. To my right is a steep set of steps leading down to the beach, so I go over for a look. Down at the very bottom is a Dad and a little child playing, in the one spot of beach that the sea has yet to reach. The relief !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

People younger than you acting like they're older.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Driving to work this morning and that heavy fog. Nearly went into the back of a van because the idiot had not got one light on! Who drives in heavy fog without lights??????

Also I have a spot so big on my face that it's the only thing I can see from my right eye. So ugly looking! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

When theres a youtube playlist with part 1, part 2, part 4.

what kind of lowlife makes his fellow man open a new tab and type part 3.

its wrong. wrong I say.

its wrong. wrong I say.

currently watching: part 1
    recommended for you: part 3

I RECOMMEND YOU PISS OFF, YOUTUBE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

KatW4 wrote: »
    Driving to work this morning and that heavy fog. Nearly went into the back of a van because the idiot had not got one light on! Who drives in heavy fog without lights??????

Also I have a spot so big on my face that it's the only thing I can see from my right eye. So ugly looking! :(

It wasnt me anyway Kat,my fogs are on all the time.I know this TAs loads of people but I really couldnt care less:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Colser wrote:
    It wasnt me anyway Kat,my fogs are on all the time.I know this TAs loads of people but I really couldnt care less

Better to be safe than sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

People constantly referencing stuff, you would have had to been an adult to see, from the 70's and 80's. I never watched any of those sitcoms and then they launch into a huge explanation I am just about old enough to know what Fraiser and Seinfeld are and even then only because my parents watched them and its now on Netflix (Fraiser and Everybody Loves Raymond)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Radio newsreaders making a bunch of mistakes on air. Some of them not even logical seeming mistakes, which have no "flow" whatsoever, even though they're reading the damn thing. One mistake is grand, but a whole plethora together... headwrecking. Usually only seems to happen on small local stations though.

Uncharitable of me I know, but it really annoys me!

Hatless wrote: »
    Radio newsreaders making a bunch of mistakes on air. Some of them not even logical seeming mistakes, which have no "flow" whatsoever, even though they're reading the damn thing. One mistake is grand, but a whole plethora together... headwrecking. Usually only seems to happen on small local stations though.

Uncharitable of me I know, but it really annoys me!

No I'm the same...there used to be one called Noel something, don't know if he's still about but he had terrible affected delivery and it irritated me so much I couldn't listen to him at all.

I have great difficulty listening to books off Librivox or podcasts where people read books or stories for the same reason. Especially the American one's, jfc :(

its wrong. wrong I say.

Those dodgy free movie sites that put up a video called something like "x (date) full movie)" and it's a 1hr 45 min long video of them saying "YouTube took down the video for copyright reasons, please visit the link below..,..fúck those guys.

The worst I saw was some asshat who put up episodes of Firefly he'd filmed by holding his phone in his hand and pointing it at his television, then put three ad breaks in each episode. I don't know how he got away with that one. A lot of the camerawork in Firefly is already hand-held, so it was actually nausea-inducing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

starling wrote: »
    No I'm the same...there used to be one called Noel something, don't know if he's still about but he had terrible affected delivery and it irritated me so much I couldn't listen to him at all.

I have great difficulty listening to books off Librivox or podcasts where people read books or stories for the same reason. Especially the American one's, jfc :(

Oh yes, even the way he used to pronounce his own name, think it was Fogarty and he used to say something like Fergaty!

While on the subject of newsreaders, those that say good morning for the news at midnight. Midnight is not morning, especially when I haven't been to bed yet!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Oh yes, even the way he used to pronounce his own name, think it was Fogarty and he used to say something like Fergaty!

While on the subject of newsreaders, those that say good morning for the news at midnight. Midnight is not morning, especially when I haven't been to bed yet!

Ahhh that's the one! I think people don't really get that just because you can read and speak doesn't mean you're good at reading out loud - it's a particular skill. A lot of the Librivox recordings seem to be done by people who are using them as a kind of speech therapy, or amateur actors using them as a kind of practice. Which, fair play to them, but I don't really want to listen to that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I forgot to trim my nails today. Bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When people use the same spoon to get their sugar after they've used it to get their coffee and don't at least make sure there's none left on the spoon. I do not want grains of coffee on my weetabix thanks very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

On a website with an album of pictures (say looking at rooms on hostelworld.com or similar), and the album opens in a new window in front of the old browser window.

You need to click on this < or this > to move from picture to picture. But, the album hasn't been laid out properly and the icons do not stay in the same place for the whole album, so after each picture, you need to search for the < or >, or you will unwittingly click outside the album and automatically close it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There was a woman newsreader on 98FM the other day and for the whole report she kept making mistakes and stumbling over her words.
    It REALLY annoyed me.

Fruity herbal teas that don't taste fruity unless you keep the teabag in and really squeeze the bejaysus out of it.

Cooking the same meals every week on rotation because I don't know what else to cook and as my name suggests, I am fussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When otherwise fantastic albums are ruined by two or three really sh_tty, terrible, bland songs, that there was absolutely no need to include on it.

Especially when the album has, like, fifteen or more songs on it. No album needs more than twelve songs!

(First world problem detector machine explodes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

People who agree to met you off done deal or adverts to buy something off you and you get everything ready for them and last min sorry not buying anymore or they don't txt you back when you ask are you still coming to buy the phone or game ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

When someone posts a video or podcast and says the point of interest is "About 20 minutes in". About 20 minutes?. How about saying the exact moment seeing as you took the time to embed the video!.
    Is it an attempt to avoid being uncool by saying 21m36s in?

• Advertisement

its wrong. wrong I say.

It largely depends on when that episode was uploaded. YouTube once only allowed people to upload a certain amount of minutes per video, up until recently.. Maybe 2 or 3 years?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement