Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

People who fold the corners of pages to use as a bookmark.

It's not that hard to remember where you last read up to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

When browsing ladies and something completely fked up comes up on your search results.

I imagine the nsa watching and thinking yeah this guys a real sicko.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

Some people think the know it all, and only other people make mistakes, then they go on to argue that black is white with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anyone else having problems with this the last couple of days?

Yes every site works perfectly fine in multiple browsers, but once I click on my Boards.ie bookmark I'll get the above message. And the fact that this is happening intermittently makes it more annoying.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Anyone else having problems with this the last couple of days?

Yes every site works perfectly fine in multiple browsers, but once I click on my Boards.ie bookmark I'll get the above message. And the fact that this is happening intermittently makes it more annoying.:(

Yes there's threads here about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    Some people think the know it all, and only other people make mistakes, then they go on to argue that black is white with confidence.

Entire population of internet.

Yes there's threads here about it.

Fair play to ya, I always tend to forget about the existence of the feedback forum. Never posting there or lurking there probably doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Ticked off because there's a giant hypermarket near where I am at the moment (Poland somewhere) called Auchan, which I thought was a German company so I was pronouncing it ow-khan, but a friend told me this morning it's actually French and corrected my pronunciation, except now I've forgotten what she said it was and it's driving me batty.

You've probably figured it out by now, but as far as I recall it's "oh-Shan" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Food coma on a Friday :(

Also, there is a point where I cross the road to take the luas where three roads cross through a junction. Every single morning without fail as I am walking down the road towards the pedestrian crossing, I could (in theory) cross the road diagonally to get across because the green man is up (I know he comes up after a particular set of cars goes through) but I cant see him because I am not at the lights yet and I can't f*cking hear him because of the noise of the cars driving past me so I don't want to take my life in my hands and cross without being really certain. By the time I get down the road far enough to see the lights/the cars that have sped through the lights have fecked off with their noisy engines, it's usually the amber man and I have to run across.

I am also annoyed now reliving this TA, and equally annoyed at how long it took to explain and how I it makes so little sense even though in my head, it's really straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm so tired, snapping that I said I'd play ball after work :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

When people completely ignore a good question or observation you've asked in an email. If someone asked you something in reality you wouldn't just stare ahead and have no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

When people completely ignore a good question or observation you've asked in an email. If someone asked you something in reality you wouldn't just stare ahead and have no response?.

*stares ahead and has no response*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Loud people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Friday night and happy to stay in.
    Pop to shops for something, and don't pick up any sugary goodness or treats.... only to get back home and wonder why the hell I didn't buy any nice stuff??!
    It's what I always said I'd do as a kid... to make sure there's treats in the house when I want, but I'm too lazy, or probably sensible, to get anyway!!
    Damn my old age sensibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Was it just me of did President Obamas speech this morning (about the shooting over there, terrible) sound bad, he took pauses after single words, and two words,
    I don't think he said a full sentence in one go, was his ear piece not working and couldn't hear the guy telling him what to say or is there a reason for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Friday night and happy to stay in.
    Pop to shops for something, and don't pick up any sugary goodness or treats.... only to get back home and wonder why the hell I didn't buy any nice stuff??!
    It's what I always said I'd do as a kid... to make sure there's treats in the house when I want, but I'm too lazy, or probably sensible, to get anyway!!
    Damn my old age sensibility!

Have a whiskey ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

When a guy presses the button at a pedestrian crossing and just fcuks off up the road.

Fcuker had no intention on crossing, im sat there in the creepmobile like a dickhead waiting for the lights to change.

Cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Fridge light blew. To be fair the light has been there since we bought the fridge years ago, but you end up taking for granted how easy it is to open the door and look inside without turning on other lights in the kitchen. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^^
    I only recently changed our fridge light as a present for my wife's birthday!

When she opened the door, you should have seen her face light up...

TA - too many films to watch and can't choose which one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

In threads like the 'Countryside or City' thread, or something like 'foods you avoid', there's always a couple of posters pissing and moaning about what somebody else has posted.

Why would you even give a crap about somebody else's preference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

osarusan wrote: »
    In threads like the 'Countryside or City' thread, or something like 'foods you avoid', there's always a couple of posters pissing and moaning about what somebody else has posted.

Why would you even give a crap about somebody else's preference?

You know what really pïsses me off, arrogant gits complaining about other people drinking Starbucks. Fúck you, I'll drink what I want, and frappucinos are like liquid crack. You're not better than me just cause you take your coffee black. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I don't think you can be annoyed by natural bodily functions but I hate when you drink a small cup of tea and then piss about three litres. Shouldn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I don't think you can be annoyed by natural bodily functions but I hate when you drink a small cup of tea and then piss about three litres. Shouldn't happen.

Worst is when you're disturbed in your sleep because of that late cuppa :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Clegg wrote: »
    People who fold the corners of pages to use as a bookmark.

It's not that hard to remember where you last read up to.
    Columbo solved a murder because the victim did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I felt a bit cold today, even though it was a nice sunny day.
    I wore a jumper. Not particularly heavy, just nice and cosy.

The amount of people who said "Jaysus are you not roasting in that?" or "What are you wearing a jumper for?" was unreal.
    I was cold, ok? Sorry if I didn't feel as warm as you. Sorry I've offended you.

Columbo solved a murder because the victim did that.

That's probably why they were killed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

My taxes pay Ryan Tubridys wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

'Elite Singles' ads at 11pm on a Saturday night.

Seriously, just how many 'elite singles' are slumped on the sofa watching ITV on a Saturday night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Merv the perv

Schwiiing wrote: »
    My taxes pay Ryan Tubridys wages.

Ah Ryan isn't that bad. Are all celebs hated on here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hahahahaa Ryan isn't a celebrity!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Just the ones that are poor at their 'job' and cost the taxpayer a rumoured half a million a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Being made feel guilty for not staying out late after an event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Over sensitive house alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

My bus was late for over an hour and I had to get to the shop before it closed just about made it but was so tense, I might as well not have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ethnic minority (?) women around the town in their PJ's during the day.
    They can put on their massive earrings and their badly applied fake tan
    but yet can't be bothered to get dressed!
    WTF ?

• Advertisement

gammygils wrote: »
    Ethnic minority (?) women around the town in their PJ's during the day.
    They can put on their massive earrings and their badly applied fake tan
    but yet can't be bothered to get dressed!
    WTF ?

You should watch "pyjama girls," it's a very interesting look at this phenomenon. If you're going to get all worked up over what strangers wear, it's only fair to try to see why they do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,179 ✭✭✭✭josip

The foil tops on Gl***sk yoghurt that can't be pulled open.
    I always wonder if anyone in Gl***so has ever tried to open one of their yoghurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Booking in to an alleged 4* hotel and their room description informs me that the room has a private bathroom.

FFS, I would expect that from a one star hotel!!
    Services:
    Air Conditioning
    Cable television
    City Map
    Climate Control
    Coffee/tea facilities
    Complimentary toiletries
    Double-glazed windows
    En-Suite Bathroom
    Flat screen LCD TV
    Hairdryer
    High speed internet connection
    Modem Access
    Parking
    Pay TV
    Private bathroom with bathtub
    Room Service
    Safe
    Telephone
    Television
    Trouser Press
    Voicemail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Menas wrote: »
    Booking in to an alleged 4* hotel and their room description informs me that the room has a private bathroom.

Services:
    Air Conditioning
    Climate Control

Flat screen LCD TV
    Television

High speed internet connection
    Modem Access

They're doubling up there, and no mention of a laundry service! I'd inquire about that. It's not an essential service, but I'd expect it in a four star hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No mention of suppling a Bible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Its better that they list it clearly though even if its expected so theres no room for error.

my husband and i were passing through somewhere and stopped to stay in a b&b last minute. It was a bit of a kip but we needed somewhere that night. When we booked the room, they said the room included a shower. When we got into the room, there was a shower, literally in the corner of the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Which brings me to another TA.
    Over the past few years you could get great random last minute deals in decent hotels. Not anymore. Any half decent hotel near dublin seems to be full price. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I get annoyed by paying full whack for a hotel but not having breakfast included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I thought I was going to be late for my driving lesson so was rushing around. I'm 20 minutes early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

starling wrote: »
    You should watch "pyjama girls," it's a very interesting look at this phenomenon. If you're going to get all worked up over what strangers wear, it's only fair to try to see why they do it.
    I see your point there starling. But you're obviously missing mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Its better that they list it clearly though even if its expected so theres no room for error.

my husband and i were passing through somewhere and stopped to stay in a b&b last minute. It was a bit of a kip but we needed somewhere that night. When we booked the room, they said the room included a shower. When we got into the room, there was a shower, literally in the corner of the room.

Mates of mine booked a last minute room In Paris, described as en-suite. They weren't joking, the room had a shower cubicle, toilet and sink in one corner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Any product bought that say's ''Re-sealable''. It never closes properly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

The fact that I can't park in front of the supermarket and then start eating what I bought because people will look funny at me (or at least it'll feel that way since I only eat healthy food like fruit or salad) so I have to move the car again to a less conspicuous place.

It's a bit like saying, "Your room comes with a fitted door for privacy."

Nothing worse than dopes making a big play of something which is a basic requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I always leave the shops without trying anything on. With shirts I just grab a medium size and assume it'll fit me, and it always does. Jeans are harder to know. It's happened me once where I had to return ill fitting jeans when I tried them on at home and felt like a dope.

I bought jeans about a week ago to be worn today specifically, without a clue as to whether they fit me, just guessing and assuming by the sizes. I only checked last night and they do fit me fine, but what if they didn't?! Ah **** it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement