Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

gammygils wrote: »
    I see your point there starling. But you're obviously missing mine

I think I must be too, can you elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Sneezed three times this morning straight after applying my mascara!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Family over for the weekend who would make Cara Delevingne feel like absolute ****e, let alone a normal person! People who value looks over intellect and personality really don't deserve people's energy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Tommy Kay The DJ

The Ray Darcy show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I hate how lager makes my nose all stuffed.
    It ONLY happens with lager and it's bloody annoying as I do like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Too tired to go to bed ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Formula 1 people saying "for sure".

Football people saying "Yeah, as I said/like I said" when then they haven't said anything before that. This is a new one that I have noticed recently.

E.g. So, *football player / manager*, what are your thoughts on today's result?
    Well, yeah, as I said, we are happy to get the three points today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

What da **** is wrong with this site? According to Boards.ie the last post in this thread was at 12:19pm yesterday. The only way I can't read recent posts is if I click on post and then scroll down to see the recent posts.

Very TA at Boards!!!!!
    I have had to read a friggen book cos of all the errors!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Menas wrote: »
    Booking in to an alleged 4* hotel and their room description informs me that the room has a private bathroom.

FFS, I would expect that from a one star hotel!!

Yeah I kept staring at it and noticed they mention having a tv at least 4 times, definitely padding it a bit.

TA'd that I got stopped 3 times by people who clearly weren't homeless asking for change, I wouldn't mind so much but they came up to me and didn't believe me when I said I had no change (could just about afford the bus myself) Then I found out a relative died and I'm paranoid 3 people in one day asking for money(and weird dreams last night), means bad things are going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

KungPao wrote: »
    Formula 1 people saying "for sure".

Think this is more of a European thing. Seems to be common among people whose first language is not English and most prominent in German and Spanish speaking drivers. Must be a translation thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nothing more annoying than members providing lots of feedback and then getting no feedback in return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

fussyonion wrote: »
    I hate how lager makes my nose all stuffed.
    It ONLY happens with lager and it's bloody annoying as I do like it.

Milk does that to me. Couldn't breathe 100% fully for the first 25 years of my life before realising what was causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Going to see machines with the boys and they spend hours inspecting every tiny little detail. Boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

KatW4 wrote: »
    Going to see machines with the boys and they spend hours inspecting every tiny little detail. Boring!
    And if we look at something in a shop for more than 2 or 3 minutes they start whinging:mad::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Annoyed at myself for watching 2 and a half episodes of Narcos while hungover. My brain is melted now from reading subtitles.

I get trivially annoyed when I see that a new thread has been started in AH, about a topic on which I would love to give my opinion, and my instinct is to open it up and reply - but then I see that the thread already has, like, twenty replies, and sure by post #21 who's even ready other people's posts anymore? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Todays breakfast fry netted a negative return after logistical considerations, manufacturing costs, opportunity costs and environmental cleanup.

Total defecit from the operation is expected to be (negative) 3 smiles.

This negative return equates to 1.5 sausages.

Management is expected to return to the previous cornflakes based system as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Colser wrote: »
    And if we look at something in a shop for more than 2 or 3 minutes they start whinging:mad::pac:

I feel like that after being dragged around town for hours into all the clothes shops, then waiting ages while my wife tries on a load of outfits, and after all that then when it's about ten to six and the shops are all closing -

Me: "I just want to see what they have in Currys / Woodies / wherever?"

OH: "Well don't be too long now because my legs are very tired"... :eek:

Well they would be like when we've been walking round town all day looking at your stuff! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Sandwich *artists* getting all shirty with you when you ask them to add more meat/salads to the scrimpy offering they try to give you .

• Advertisement

Sandwich *artists* getting all shirty with you when you ask them to add more meat/salads to the scrimpy offering they try to give you .

Similarly, barbers doing the same when, on "finishing" your hair, they ask you "Is that okay?" and you tell them in the nicest way possible that no, it's not okay, every so politely suggesting to them that you need them to do a small amount of further work on it. They look at you as if they are the most important barber in the world and that they have better things to be doing and that you should be grateful they're even giving you the time of day and how DARE you suggest that they did not do something 100% perfectly - something you're paying them to do. Ego-central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ikea on sundays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

starling wrote: »
    You should watch "pyjama girls," it's a very interesting look at this phenomenon. If you're going to get all worked up over what strangers wear, it's only fair to try to see why they do it.

Don't encourage the skanks, they dress like that because they are lazy skanks with little or no self-respect.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

That game show Tipping point.

People who monopolise foot paths, they should be horsewhipped. There's a new walking group locally who use the same route I use. Now that sounds ok, until you find yourself stuck behind upwards of 20 women in a block, sauntering along at a snails pace blocking off the foot path and you can't pass them because the road is too busy. Ladies, cop on to yourselves, you're out for a gossip not exercise. Then there's the cyclists on foot paths, oh I do hope there's a circle of hell just for those people. Last week there was a man and his 2 teenage sons blocking a section of foot path with their bikes.

I actually had to ask them to move because they'd stop to take a bizarre fcuking interest in the Dunnes stores tokens poster:confused: Saying 'oh sorry' when I point out that it's a foot path and you're blocking it is no fricking good, especially when I had to walk on the road to get past because they were still not moving aside. What kind of dick head father takes his kids out cycling at night with no helmets, no lights on their bikes and no hi viz clothing:confused::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

People, groups of people, groups of stupid silly silly people who seem to think that doorways were invented as a place for them to congregate and chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Cars that don't stop at pedestrian crossings.

Having a bunged up nose.

Rob Kearney's fake tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

That stupid kiddie train in liffey valley shopping centre. What a great idea to run this thing through a crowded shopping centre that's like a corridor anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Rob Kearney's fake tan.

Pretty sure it's just freckles and a farmer's tan.

Just noticed we are just out of milk. Nearest shop is 10 miles away. In pj's.
    Kids will love weetabix and water in the morn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

getting the wrong dips with your pizza. hate garlic and wanted BBQ for crusts. still being charged for dips you don't even want or like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Loving your food so much that you can't stop eating but then you feel really sick! This is a regular occurrence for me. I'm so greedy :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Just noticed we are just out of milk. Nearest shop is 10 miles away. In pj's.
    Kids will love weetabix and water in the morn?

Always, always have coffee mate in the house. It lasts forever, and with water, hell no one will know in the morn, sleepy. Give me my weetabix!

Lesson learned, as I did.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

"I wanted to tell you something."
    "Oh, really? What is it?"
    "I forgot.."

Grr :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The phrase "on point".

It makes my ears cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Boards was going so well for the last couple of hours :(

Also, 'Sex and the City' for the umpteenth time, about the only good thing about is Jennifer Hudson...

Nope, even she isn't enough to make it watchable, early to bed for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ads for what it felt like every 2 minutes for final episode of This is England. I even gave it a 10 minute head start so I could forward through the ads, but caught up in no time at all. I'm gone so used to watching downloaded stuff, haven't watched anything actually on the telly for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Ads for what it felt like every 2 minutes for final episode of This is England. I even gave it a 10 minute head start so I could forward through the ads, but caught up in no time at all. I'm gone so used to watching downloaded stuff, haven't watched anything actually on the telly for a long time.

I watched episode 1 last night. It was a little cringeworthy at times TBH....but that is probably down to Meadow's love of the Madchester music scene. Will binge watch the rest this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's a radio station in the UK called Capital, completely mainstream and mostly crap. I know every commercial station has a limited playlist and they're paid to ensure certain songs are in rotation x amount of times during the day. But these guys take the piss. Their Scottish station has played Justin Bieber latest one every morning (Mon-Fri) for the last 3 weeks at 8:20am.

I normally walk to work but due to a foot strain I've been jumping in the car with the OH when she leaves.

• Advertisement

Mornings. In particular Monday mornings. V close to putting the kids and the dog on ebay. Husband escaped as he left for work at 7am.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Mornings. In particular Monday mornings. V close to putting the kids and the dog on ebay. Husband escaped as he left for work at 7am.

:D:DI hear you..free to good(ish) home..no refunds:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Some fat f*ck phlumped down beside me on the luas this morning. I normally sit on the outside seat to avoid this*, but I slipped up this morning and this bint came flying over from nowhere to take up 50% of her seat, 20% of mine and 50% of the aisle. And even more annoying, every time I moved away a bit she moved closer. If I could've climbed out the window I probably would have.

*related TA is how people get really het up about this. Killed in the rush to come over and ask if they can have the seat I am already on. Er...no? Because I am already on it? But you can have the other free one, I don't mind standing up and letting you sit in there but you cant sit on the one I already have my bum on :) Been squashed up against the window by smelly, sweaty, pervy passengers too many times to be making that mistake again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

but I slipped up this morning and this bint came flying over from nowhere to take up 50% of her seat, 20% of mine and 50% of the aisle.

Wait, what happened to the other 50% of her seat?

People who agree to met you off done deal or adverts to buy something off you and you get everything ready for them and last min sorry not buying anymore or they don't txt you back when you ask are you still coming to buy the phone or game ....

Yes! This happened me a while back, even after I'd knocked a hundred quid off the asking price. This fella all set to buy a snooker table, asking for directions etc then I get a text saying, "sorry cant buy the table, the missus wants to get new kitchen furniture instead" - so I said* well screw you you beta male, you deserve your miserable life with your alpha wife. Forego a bit of manly fun because she wants a new sink then. hen pecked moron.

(in my head)

selous wrote: »
    I was on a roll too, haven't had a week off sick in years, had 3 days off this year for hospital appointments (2 last yr and no days off at all in 2013) I got called in by boss on behalf of head office last week about my excessive sick leave, 3 absences within 6 months, FFS, why bother be good?

I know! I was only thinking this at the weekend. I'm 8 years without a promotion now too and everyone around me is being promoted left right and centre. I'm clearly doing something wrong. They're all, "ah ONW,s ure she's very reliable, we might as well leave her where she is, sure f*ck her anyway".I think what happens is that you set your own standard and then people judge you according to that rather than an overall standard that everyone is judged by.

• Advertisement

Some of the ads are a complete joke too.Theres one on a Cork page this morn..Tumble Dryer in pwo just a broken door but can be taped up..PWO wtf

Kev W wrote: »
    Wait, what happened to the other 50% of her seat?

It shrank into itself when it saw her lumbering towards it, such was it's fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

when your at the checkout in lidl with 1 or 2 items and theres a big que and another check out opens and some selfish cnut with a full trolley suddenly runs at the new checkout to be first in the que

Grief vultures. There was a death in the town last night, won't go into details in case any relatives are reading this, but as soon as someone heard about it they started posting on facebook. What made it worse was that it was done in a hush hush, 'I won't name the family, but I've got some gossip that the rest of ye don't know yet' kind of tone that had other people asking what had happened. I mean ffs, what is wrong with some people?:mad:

twitch

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement