Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

nicki11 wrote: »
    Yeah I kept staring at it and noticed they mention having a tv at least 4 times, definitely padding it a bit.

TA'd that I got stopped 3 times by people who clearly weren't homeless asking for change, I wouldn't mind so much but they came up to me and didn't believe me when I said I had no change (could just about afford the bus myself) Then I found out a relative died and I'm paranoid 3 people in one day asking for money(and weird dreams last night), means bad things are going to happen

But how will they get their train fare to Wexford? :P

Mondays.

I'm going to drink a bottle of prosseco tonight just to give Monday the two fingered salute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

When you are in the TA thread and you click on page 206 but there is no page 206!

Boards today

John Travolta's jaw. It actually has a life of it's own. The thing is still growing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My eyes are bigger than my tummy. Ate way too much at lunch there....and now just want to go to bed rather than do anything resembling work.
    Boards is banjaxed, so it will probably be Wednesday before any of ye read this!

A friend of mine got really sh1tty with me a while ago, accusing me of "reneging" all the time and never being around to meet up. In fairness to him, I don't have a bundle of time, but in fairness to me, I work full time, I study and I run a small animal shelter from my own home. Plus I have a ball and chain called a partner. All my friend has is work. That's it. He goes to work, he comes home. He doesn't have to do housework because they have a cleaner. He doesn't have pets. he is not in college. He is single. Fine, to each their own, but he seems to think I should have as much free time as him. :(

I decided to make more of an effort so the weekend of the All Ireland final I invited him out to watch the match. He said no problem (assuming we would drink in town). When I suggested my local, he couldn't make it (I know he jut wasn't bothered because he didn't want to travel). Weekend after, I invite him out with a group. He's "too tired" to go (what he means is, he doesn't want to mix with the group, wants me just to himself).

Really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

PEOPLE BANGING DOORS :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    John Travolta's jaw. It actually has a life of it's own. The thing is still growing.

That reminds me.

T/A Nicholas Cage's hairline.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

But how will they get their train fare to Wexford? :P

From some naive fool that actually thinks they're going somewhere also whats with them always asking if you have spare change, who has extra money (except Donald Trump), especially at the bus stop I obviously can't afford my own car so I can hardly afford to throw money at drug addicts and scammers :( TA'd because it happened again today, maybe because my OH hasn't trimed his beard or dressed fancy that I already support a homeless man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

I had an interview earlier and after the interview, hopped into my car and looked down. It's only then I noticed I forgot to change my shoes!:( The black pair are useless for driving. I was in such a rush (I was almost late), I wasn't even thinking of shoes. I'm hoping he didn't notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

People who run with buggys, are they trying to kill someone. And then give a dirty look when someone doesn't get out of there way.

If you want to go for your afternoon run with child do it somewhere more quiet, not a busy footpath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

jamesbere wrote: »
    People who run with buggys, are they trying to kill someone. And then give a dirty look when someone doesn't get out of there way.

If you want to go for your afternoon run with child do it somewhere more quiet, not a busy footpath

If I'm reading that right, they go jogging or running or whatever, and they have the buggy in front of them?

What do they even look like? :pac:

I really hope it doesn't catch on, but given the trends lately for portmanteau'd exercises such as pilloxing and that other stationary cycling fad (that was acceptable in the 80's), I can see this one already being called -

'prambulating', or 'bogging' :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

If I'm reading that right, they go jogging or running or whatever, and they have the buggy in front of them?

I really hope it doesn't catch on, but given the trends lately for portmanteau'd exercises such as pilloxing and that other stationary cycling fad (that was acceptable in the 80's), I can see this one already being called -

It's been around for a few years, usually favoured by mummies in lycra who think the pram is a battering ram for pedestrians:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Neighbours house alarm constantly going of - all the f**king time & them just letting it go and not bothering to turn it of - sick of it

They sell special buggies for this...dont read the below link if this may offend you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/11693835/On-your-marks-for-the-buggy-run-5-best-jogging-strollers.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

They look like Gobshítes! I hate them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Fcuking day is dragging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Colser wrote:
    And if we look at something in a shop for more than 2 or 3 minutes they start whinging

Exactly!!!

• Advertisement

The posts in this thread are all muddled up. I'm seeing some from today, then yesterday, todays and then loads of them repeated.

Me and my friend lost our snap streak on snapchat. Made it to 93 days but didn't get to 100.

I have musical rehearsals later and I really couldn't be bothered going out in that weather.

I'm just having a day full of trivial annoyances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I have had visitors staying with me since Thursday night. I like them a lot and we get on well but I am reaching the point where I just want to sit on the couch in my pjs, read boards and not have to wait on and entertain anyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Crumpets wrote: »
    PEOPLE BANGING DOORS :mad:

Totally agree, my neighbours had visitors or something and from 2am till after 3.30am this morning all around the house, doors closing up and down the steps, yapping, front door opening closing interior doors going, then visitors left they cleaned up, sounded like the brush getting banged off things, I get up at 4.30am, well I took my doors off the hinges when I got up hoping I woke them the fu*k up, been knackered all day :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every time I click on what appears to be the last page of any thread , it turns into the page I've just read before it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

73Cat wrote: »
    Every time I click on what appears to be the last page of any thread , it turns into the page I've just read before it :(

Glad its not just me. Its very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

JillyQ wrote: »
    Glad its not just me. Its very annoying

Especially when it's this thread, and I'm looking forward to another page of annoyances !

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    Especially when it's this thread, and I'm looking forward to another page of annoyances !

Should be sorted by now Cat -

What's wrong with the site? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Should be sorted by now Cat -

What's wrong with the site? ;)

Er...nope not yet

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Brother comes home, brother proceeds to eat three eggs and hardboil three eggs i.e the six eggs that I bought earlier. :( I wouldn't mind too much but it's a fairly regular occurrence just swap eggs with milk, bread, cheese, etc. I'm the only one buying food in the house and I don't even have a job whereas he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

selous wrote: »
    Totally agree, my neighbours had visitors or something and from 2am till after 3.30am this morning all around the house, doors closing up and down the steps, yapping, front door opening closing interior doors going, then visitors left they cleaned up, sounded like the brush getting banged off things, I get up at 4.30am, well I took my doors off the hinges when I got up hoping I woke them the fu*k up, been knackered all day :mad:

Ugh that's annoying!! My problem today was people constantly coming in and out of the PC suite in college and refusing to simply CLOSE the door behind them, instead they just walk away and let it slam. And it would be so loud! It's especially inconsiderate given the fact that the majority of people in that room were trying to study. Grrr people sometimes!!

Did anyone else hear that absolute rubbish on the radio this morning? Vanessa and dracula. Oh god it was painful to listen to and I'm cringing just thinking about it now.

My eczema has come up as well. Usually it flares up during the summer on my hands and arms. But it's come out on my feet and random patches on my legs. It's agonising! Yuck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

KatW4 wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear that absolute rubbish on the radio this morning? Vanessa and dracula. Oh god it was painful to listen to and I'm cringing just thinking about it now.

My eczema has come up as well. Usually it flares up during the summer on my hands and arms. But it's come out on my feet and random patches on my legs. It's agonising! Yuck!

I'm on the Betnovate vibes too. I usually get a flare up when the weather changes. My poor fingers!

mud wrote:
    I'm on the Betnovate vibes too. I usually get a flare up when the weather changes. My poor fingers!

Oh it's awful isn't it? Hope it clears up for you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

I have an unreasonable hatred of the phrase "simply the best".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,537 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Halloween.

Hated it as a kid and still hate it now. Never got why other kids were so fascinated with it.

Bored

I'm regretting having had porridge for breakfast this morning, it just makes me feel pure sluggish, and then I get all cranky and I'm not good to be around people with a head like a bulldog on me trying to get my concentration together :(

Porridge, Weetabix, anything heavy like that just doesn't agree with me at all...

I'm regretting having had porridge for breakfast this morning, it just makes me feel pure sluggish, and then I get all cranky and I'm not good to be around people with a head like a bulldog on me trying to get my concentration together :(

Porridge, Weetabix, anything heavy like that just doesn't agree with me at all...

I find breakfast in general has that effect on me. Years of being forced to eat breakfast when I wasn't hungry because "it's the most important meal of the day" :( I prefer to listen to my own body and eat when I am actually hungry.

I'm sooooooo bored, fidgety. :(

TA that I have not had a bite to eat yet. I have an apple on my desk, but hard to get motivated to eat it.

I want Sausage rolls damn it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wait for the afternoon energy burst though.

I made porridge for the young lad this morning and toast for myself.
    I was well annoyed that I didn't make myself porridge as well as it looked great. He wouldn't trade either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Halloween.

Hated it as a kid and still hate it now. Never got why other kids were so fascinated with it.
    I don't hate Hallowe'en (and like the history behind it) but as a child, I was the freak who refused to get dressed up (like a freak). I also wouldn't wear shamrock on St Patrick's Day. :confused:

• Advertisement

People who run halfway across the world to save it, instead of starting at home. (And then put pious photos of themselves saving said world on their social networking profiles).

People who run halfway across the world to save it, instead of starting at home. (And then put pious photos of themselves saving said world on their social networking profiles).

But but but...they saved the world like!

People who "fundraise" by jumping out of planes and climbing far off mountains in strange lands, where the cost of the fundraising activity must first come out of the funds raised, before the charity benefits. For what? So you can have fun while getting an altruistic high? Why not just not climb the mountain or jump into the sky, and give all the money to charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Halloween.

Get Out. I love Halloween, in fact I prefer it to Christmas.:D

I wish I could go back in time and tell my teenage self to cop the f*ck on with my bad posture and other stuff. I'm definitely feeling it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Job hunting urg

efb wrote: »
    Job hunting urg

It's the absolute worst

- Most of the jobs are now advertised by recruiting agencies, who barely ever mention the client.
    - 95% of them don't even acknowledge your application
    - A very high percentage of jobs are filled through referrals more than anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

It's the absolute worst

- Most of the jobs are now advertised by recruiting agencies, who barely ever mention the client.
    - 95% of them don't even acknowledge your application
    - A very high percentage of jobs are filled through referrals more than anything else

I often thought that sometimes there is no 'job' , but that rec agencies have to interview X number of people per week and that's why the have these up to reach their quotas - not saying its true , just my opinion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement