Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Nothing says like rejection like your OH kissing you on the cheek :pac:

Nothing says awkward like when you drop a glass, and you think you've cleaned it all up, when your OH goes -

"You've missed loads, are you blind?"

The awkward moment then when she realises, worse when she feels bad, while I'm trying not to laugh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Nothing says awkward like when you drop a glass, and you think you've cleaned it all up, when your OH goes -

"You've missed loads, are you blind?"

The awkward moment then when she realises, worse when she feels bad, while I'm trying not to laugh :pac:

After breaking the shower panel and the glass I think it might be time for you to stay away from any glass objects.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

People who can't put L plates on their car properly annoys the trivial bejaysus out of me.

Should be 3 points on the license, a month off the road and extra expensive bus ticket prices applied immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Cartman78 wrote: »
    People who can't put L plates on their car properly annoys the trivial bejaysus out of me.

Should be 3 points on the license, a month off the road and extra expensive bus ticket prices applied immediately

Lets not forget the new phenomenon that is the 'Z' plate driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Watching people driving into the driving licence place in Leopardstown, (Biiig car park,with Dunnes stores)
    4 cars parked assways at an angle, leaving little room between doors of other cars.
    1 over the whiteline of parking space and one drove thru the NO ENTRY way,
    They should be watched driving in, then passed when its their turn,

My wife is clearly trying to deny me cheese. For the second time today the cheese was removed from my immediate grasp. At least she didn't bite a chunk out of it again.

Marriage deal breaker cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Those old people walking on country roads who stop and stare at you when you're driving. Eh, I'm from the area.

rosie16 wrote: »
    Those old people walking on country roads who stop and stare at you when you're driving. Eh, I'm from the area.

They're probably just hoping you'll flash them

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I'm feeling a bad cold coming on. To make matters worse I grabbed a lemsip and tore it open without looking: it was the blackcurrant flavoured one. :mad: I don't want it to go to waste so here I am struggling to down it. My only solace when i have a cold is lemon-flavoured lemsip. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Are ya the only Rosie in the village? :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

getting an itch somewhere near you jiggly bits when you're out walking - can't stop and jam your hands down without looking like you're going full paedo.
    people think you're scratching your hoop but it was just your inside leg.

the little horizontal time bar on my phone when playing a long mp3 like a documentary .... someone says something interesting you want to hear back at like 20:00 minutes .....but if you want to go back the bar is so small that when you try to bring the cursor back you end up either 45:00 minutes in or 05:00 minutes in.

also related: the noise of cars - cant even hear headphones at high volume, its just sccccruuuuuushhhhh, woooooooooooosh every 2 seconds from the fvckers.

They're probably just hoping you'll flash them

There's a certain amount of hostility directed with that stare so I doubt it's pleasure they're after unless they're frustrated ... :P
    Are ya the only Rosie in the village? :)

It's not even on the way to the village but I believe I'm certainly the only rosie in the townland. I couldn't tell you about the village, I don't associate with them. I have the misfortune of living on the road between two villages so I'm viewed with a certain amount of suspicion from both sides. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

that reminds me - joggers and walkers on certain rural backroads with blind bends.

think ill just go and run along the side of a narrow rural road with no footpath today whats the worst that could happen.

yes the one connecting the industrial area with the town looks good, think ill go about ... oh 17:30 sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

People mispronouncing names like Coutinho and Moutinho (football players).

It's not cootinho (like boot) it's more like 'coat'inho.

Also, the 'inho' is like 'eenyoh' not 'ee-i-yo'!

Don't get me started on the wonky pronunciation of any Portuguese word that has the ~ ...usually way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Ever have a cold and your ears are all sensitive? When I stick a finger in my inner ears it hurts like they're bruised. And they pop when I swallow.

Menas wrote: »
    I am bloody TA with myself that I have bid over a hundred euro for something on ebay that I really dont need...and I am not sure I like.

7 hours to go....am hoping someone will outbid me!

Ah rats. No one out bid me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ah rats. No one out bid me. :mad:

Are you going to tell us what it is ? Youre TAing us Menas:p;)

Colser wrote: »
    Are you going to tell us what it is ? Youre TAing us Menas:p;)

Its a watch from the 1970s...but a bit too funky for me!

http://s11.postimg.org/p8htof8vn/s_l1600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

KungPao wrote: »

Don't get me started on the wonky pronunciation of any Portuguese word that has the ~ ...usually way off.

Ah sure that ~ tilda means it's a loose approximation, in which case any resembling pronouciation will do!

• Advertisement

Its a watch from the 1970s...but a bit too funky for me!

http://s11.postimg.org/p8htof8vn/s_l1600.jpg

If you like it buy it and so what if you never wear it...sure it will come back into fashion again:D Anyway I thought it was going to be something totally different..I dont know what exactly just different.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

honestly if we don't speak portuguese how are we expected to know?

I doubt they can pronounce Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh (for example) with any degree of accuracy.

If you like it buy it and so what if you never wear it...sure it will come back into fashion again:D

Thats the kind of talk that my Credit card gets TA'ed at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Politicians being interviewed and not answering the f**king question.

I am certain it is on here already, but Paschal f**cking Donohoe was asked the same question FIVE times this morning and he just replied with the same inane, vague and well rehearsed crap that he spewed 20 minutes earlier on another station.

We need a Paxman over here :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

everlast75 wrote: »

I am certain it is on here already, but Paschal f**cking Donohoe was asked the same question FIVE times this morning and he just replied with the same inane, vague and well rehearsed crap that he spewed 20 minutes earlier on another station.

You've never seen the famous clip of Paxo grilling Michael Howard then?! Talk about a master of deflection.

I agree, when you see what they're up to it's very transparent. Answering the question you'd like to answer rather than the question that was actually asked is almost universal, it's been very evident on recent discussions about migrants/refugees in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Driving to work with the Frozen soundtrack on after I have dropped off the kids to playschool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Lets not forget the new phenomenon that is the 'Z' plate driver.
    I actually have a seen what appear to be Dutch drivers due to this new N plate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

everlast75 wrote: »

Yep. I was listening to Michael Ring yesterday on Newstalk. He started to answer a question and there were so many modifers, hanging modifers it just went off on a complete tangent. No one, including him, knew wtf was the point he was making.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People at the match last night saying 'coybig' as a word. A f*cking word, not saying 'Come on you boys in green', not saying C.O.Y.B.I.G., but saying 'coybig'. F*ck the lot of them d*ckheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Losing weight so so slowly, but it seems to go back on instantly, the second I look at a biscuit or crisp. The weekly treat is tonight, snackbox, cheeseburger, jumbo battered sauso, curry dip.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Losing weight so so slowly, but it seems to go back on instantly, the second I look at a biscuit or crisp. The weekly treat is tonight, snackbox, cheeseburger, jumbo battered sauso, curry dip.

I am on a diet too. I want to lose 8 lb before christmas.
    Only 14lb to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Me: John, don't order this product it's wrong. (puts not in job and email to confirm this and right product)

John....ok *orders same product*

This morning

John: This product wasn't here why?? This customer is furious you can sort it it's your fault clearly.

Mr: BECAUSE YOU ORDERED THE WRONG ONE AGAIN WHEN I TOLD YOU NOT TO AND TOLD YOU WHAT TO ORDER YOU ****ING SPASTIC!!! ITS ALL IN THE NOTES AND THE EMAIL I ****ING SENT TIT

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yep. I was listening to Michael Ring yesterday on Newstalk. He started to answer a question and there were so many modifers, hanging modifers it just went off on a complete tangent. No one, including him, knew wtf was the point he was making.

One I will remember for all time was Pat Rabbitte on Matt Cooper when he was Minister for Communications (oh the delicious irony).

Matt asked him a question, Pat went off on one and after 3 or 4 minutes, stopped, and confessed he had forgotten what the questions was and asked to be reminded!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

arayess wrote: »

I doubt they can pronounce Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh (for example) with any degree of accuracy.

There are plenty of Irish people who can't pronounce his name either.

I am on a diet too. I want to lose 8 lb before christmas.
    Only 14lb to go!

Wait....what? How can you be 14lb away from losing 8lb? Did you put on 6 since you started the diet? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Wait....what? How can you be 14lb away from losing 8lb? Did you put on 6 since you started the diet? :(
    indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That Lottie Ryan wan on 2fm. All she has in her head is Kardashians, Bieber and other celebrity nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That Lottie Ryan wan on 2fm. All she has in her head is Kardashians, Bieber and other celebrity nonsense.

Ah cmon now, she must be really talented, sure why else would she have that job. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

arayess wrote: »

Ah I know. But we usually at least try with German and Polish names like Müller and Lewandowski (acknowledging the ü and the 'w' like a 'v') why not Portuguese ones too?

My head hurts, will someone tell me to stop staying up until stupid o clock (3/4/5am) reading. It's not worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

My head hurts, will someone tell me to stop staying up until stupid o clock (3/4/5am) reading. It's not worth it!

I did that last night, paying for it in work today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    People at the match last night saying 'coybig' as a word. A f*cking word, not saying 'Come on you boys in green', not saying C.O.Y.B.I.G., but saying 'coybig'. F*ck the lot of them d*ckheads.

That is just too sad for words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Ah I know. But we usually at least try with German and Polish names like Müller and Lewandowski (acknowledging the ü and the 'w' like a 'v') why not Portuguese ones too?

I promise you this when the Portuguese empire rises once again I'll learn the whole language.
    until then I'll be content with the language of the Reich my current overlords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A bit of TA day today. I annoy myself sometimes how excited I get over the most mundane things. A deal on toilet roll at the supermarket, for example. My latest excitement is a new stretch of footpath down the road. Is this what my life has come to ?!
    An old man blithely drove out under me on a roundabout. It annoys me then that I began to question myself had I been indicating correctly, when I knew damn well I had.
    This thread is still all over the place for me, posts are jumbling up, and difficulty with the last page. It would have to be my favourite thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I had a bold lunch, so can't justify a takeaway dinner that I was promising myself all weekend now :(

Someone just left me a voicemail and instead of saying "regarding" (which I could forgive if he said the phonetic of Re "reeeee" - he said.... "reh" :mad:

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I had a bold lunch, so can't justify a takeaway dinner that I was promising myself all weekend now :(

Of course you can. The day is f*cked now, you might as well put a line through it and be spectacular :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,866 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In pubs or restaurants mainly but in any type of shop where people will continually and unnecessarily monopolise and take the time of the people working there asking inane stupid questions while customers wait to be served.. other night in pub... bloke walks in wanting to show the Danish game... staff say they cant as Ireland are on... he argues.. another staff member gets dragged into it.. 15 people including myself waiting to be served... after all that.. the guy startes ordering for his group... 1 Guinness.. gets served the guinness and then orders next drink.. and that is repeated until the 9th drink or whatever is served... just **** right off... constantly up asking staff about restaurant tips and all sorts of silly **** through the evening with people waiting...

Also whats this crap about people coming into pubs now with quite obviously only 2 TVs and getting the huff because they wont show a colleage american football game when there is a rammed wall to wall pub of Irish people in rugby shirts waiting for the big game... witnessed it 3 times in as many weeks now... twats

Strumms wrote: »
    In pubs or restaurants mainly but in any type of shop where people will continually and unnecessarily monopolise and take the time of the people working there asking inane stupid questions while customers wait to be served.. other night in pub... bloke walks in wanting to show the Danish game... staff say they cant as Ireland are on... he argues.. another staff member gets dragged into it.. 15 people including myself waiting to be served... after all that.. the guy startes ordering for his group... 1 Guinness.. gets served the guinness and then orders next drink.. and that is repeated until the 9th drink or whatever is served... just **** right off... constantly up asking staff about restaurant tips and all sorts of silly **** through the evening with people waiting...

Also whats this crap about people coming into pubs now with quite obviously only 2 TVs and getting the huff because they wont show a colleage american football game when there is a rammed wall to wall pub of Irish people in rugby shirts waiting for the big game... witnessed it 3 times in as many weeks now... twats
    I know the type youre on about and theyre related to those muppets in the supermarket. Buy about 150e worth of groceries but let it all go through before they start to pack it.Then they pull about 100 neatly folded bags out and start the long hard job of packing everything into a specific bag usually taking stuff out again and moving it to another bag:mad::mad:When thats done they start looking for the purse and the loyalty card AND the vouchers. On and on it goes totally oblivious to the people (me) on the verge of a cardiac arrest due to the boiling rage of having to put up with this unnecessary time consuming self centered carry on from totally selfish moronic fcuking people. I will be dug out of one of them some day I swear:(

I know the type youre on about and theyre related to those muppets in the supermarket. Buy about 150e worth of groceries but let it all go through before they start to pack it.Then they pull about 100 neatly folded bags out and start the long hard job of packing everything into a specific bag usually taking stuff out again and moving it to another bag:mad::mad:When thats done they start looking for the purse and the loyalty card AND the vouchers. On and on it goes totally oblivious to the people (me) on the verge of a cardiac arrest due to the boiling rage of having to put up with this unnecessary time consuming self centered carry on from totally selfish moronic fcuking people. I will be dug out of one of them some day I swear:(

Yep.. one of these days im gonna loose it and go full on Walter on one of these nobs.." Life does not stop and start at your convenience you miserable piece of **** "

• Advertisement

Yep.. one of these days im gonna loose it and go full on Walter on one of these nobs.." Life does not stop and start at your convenience you miserable piece of **** "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement