Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When you go to cook your hangover breakfast only to discover that there are no 'real' sausages in the fridge. Just Quorn ones in the freezer.
    The disappointment of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Menas wrote: »
    When you go to cook your hangover breakfast only to discover that there are no 'real' sausages in the fridge. Just Quorn ones in the freezer.

The pigs will thank you for it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Marketing's deliberate misuse of "real" and "brave".

Like, "we're rewarding brave" or "real values blank".

what.

Reminds me of -

"UNLIMITED INTERNET* FROM €40 PER MONTH!**"

*Subject to terms and conditions. Fair usage policy of 5GB applies. **€40 applies for the first month, €120 per month thereafter, and we'll make it impossible as we can for you to cancel your subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Just back from the cinema so:

- People who stroll in late and stand there gormlessly looking around in the dark for somewhere to sit.
    - People who rustle their bag of sugar loudly during the quiet moments of the film.
    - People who check their mobiles during the film. A really good one at that ( Sicario )

Also, I just logged on to facebook and came across somebody describing Irelands performance today as ' Wow. Just Wow.' Somebody who is actually OK in person. It makes it doubly annoying.

No doubt I'll browse through a few threads on boards and I'll come across somebody saying ' This ', in reference to a post they agree with. Cretins.

And if I see ' happy out ' anywhere within the next hour I'll just throw myself out the window.

This :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jimgoose wrote: »
    It turns out that it is impossible, these days, to rent a movie DVD. When did this happen??

I found an Xtra-Vision five miles away. Yay! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

The Quorn ones are a bit boring but the Linda McCartney ones are tasty. My husband loves them and he's a meat eater, he buys them now instead of pork sausages, although to be fair, her stuff is so unhealthy I'm sure she was on a mission to kill all other veggies on the planet. But it means I don't have to cook veggie ones for me and meat ones for him.:)

I found an Xtra-Vision five miles away. Yay! :D

Òur one closed down some time ago. But there is a xtravision machine in our local superquinn. Its very good in fairness.

Òur one closed down some time ago. But there is a xtravision machine in our local superquinn. Its very good in fairness.

Yes, well, my new Xtra-vision machine is called Sara and she's very pleasant and helpful. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Gardaí who wear GAA hoodies/jackets over their uniform to court.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cycled to work today, put alot of effort in. Only my right arse muscle is sore. Either both or none!
    I'll have to cycle home with just my left leg to balance things out.

Yes, well, my new Xtra-vision machine is called Sara and she's very pleasant and helpful. :D

Yeah, the machine in superquinn does not have a box under the counter with...eh...alternative movies.

Does Sara?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

'The' Mansion House
    'The' Ukraine
    'The' Lebanon
    'The' Phoenix Park
    'The' Naul
    'The' Navan Road

Never understood the use of the definite article before these....

Yeah, the machine in superquinn does not have a box under the counter with...eh...alternative movies.

Does Sara?

It would be ungentlemanly of me to inquire of the young lady what the under-the-counter box arrangements were, and I only just after signing up. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Insurance company taking the monthly DD from my account and my husbands account. Nothing but hassle since we moved to them. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
    Now not enough in my account for car payment due today. Sigh.. Gona be a long day of fighting.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Insurance company taking the monthly DD from my account and my husbands account. Nothing but hassle since we moved to them. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
    Now not enough in my account for car payment due today. Sigh.. Gona be a long day of fighting.

It's a pain in the butt when they do that, especially if they take money earlier than it's due to come out and you end up overdrawn then get hit with bank charges for being overdrawn.

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »

This is at least one reason why I don't do direct-debits. You'd have enough knobjockery to put up with without them pricking about like this for entertainment. :mad:

Someone in the terrace is using some kind of heavy duty drill or some such and the sound of it is giving me a thumping headache. Also the new neighbour who keeps bringing people to show them the house and describing where the garden stuff is going to go. So there'll be 4 bbq's in the same short row of houses next summer, oh joy.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Cycled to work today, put alot of effort in. Only my right arse muscle is sore. Either both or none! I'll have to cycle home with just my left leg to balance things out.

Stand up and cycle then ur but cheeks will be OK :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

I just used one of those alco-gel dispensers to disinfect my hands. I usually don't use them but thought "Ah sure, why the hell not". Of course the stuff squirted all over the place, over my jacket, shirt...everything. I have to be in a meeting in an hour and give a presentation and smell like an alcoholic now!

Grief vultures.

Banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

trying to book some self catering accommodation

found many places - one for Oct bank holiday weekend 350.
    fair enough
    now wanting 250 security deposit which in reality is a massive proportion of the rent to be charged.

refunded after 7 days of your departure...:eek:

ok boss
    I'll go where my cash is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

How the hell, at 35 can a man not cook a dinner for himself? Completely useless, and ruined by your mother. When she goes away she has to leave plates of sandwiches in the fridge, and money to go to the chipper. I doubt he can even make a cup of tea.
    God help him when the mother isn't there to wipe his arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    How the hell, at 35 can a man not cook a dinner for himself? Completely useless, and ruined by your mother. When she goes away she has to leave plates of sandwiches in the fridge, and money to go to the chipper. I doubt he can even make a cup of tea.
    This sounds like a very specific trivial annoyance.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Gwynplaine wrote: »

A friend moved in with me recently having only lived at home previously.

We are both 32 and he is basically a teenager still. His idea of dinner is a takeaway or a bag of crisps and chocolate bar. The only liquid he drinks is Coke. He doesn't really know how to do simple household cleaning or laundry and I constantly have to explain simple chores to him.

His girlfriend is 25 and is somehow even more helpless. Irish young adults need a collective kick up the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Does Sara?
    This reminded me of about 20yrs ago when we used to have a mobile video man.He was a small little man with a dirty smirk (think Benny hill) and drove a little slice pan shaped van,According to my neighbours;) he had a stash under the drivers seat but the covers were blank so you wouldnt know what you were getting and the disappointment when you were all ready to settle in and watch a good show on a Saturday night only to realise youd already seen it was immense...alledgedly:D

Colser wrote: »
    This reminded me of about 20yrs ago when we used to have a mobile video man.He was a small little man with a dirty smirk (think Benny hill) and drove a little slice pan shaped van,According to my neighbours;) he had a stash under the drivers seat but the covers were blank so you wouldnt know what you were getting and the disappointment when you were all ready to settle in and watch a good show on a Saturday night only to realise youd already seen it was immense...alledgedly:D

You neighbour? Honestly?!!

You neighbour? Honestly?!!

Thats correct Menas...

I'm a complete techno spa, and so I have this constant banner across the bottom of my screen with old videos asking to be watched. Every time I search for RTE News, I get a banner of videos popping up with the following random, trivially annoying titles:

Anne Doyle bids farewell in final Broadcast

Seamus Heaney laid to rest

The Commitments reunite

Cow opens gate using it's tongue

:rolleyes::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ordered a pizza nearly an hour ago and still no sign :/

fair enough if they're busy, but when the grub comes later than usual and it's crap/reheated/undercooked, then that bothers me. at least take the time to make sure its right. its a **** when you're starving.

but if you're not that hungry but just slightly peckish, then late orders can build up an appetite as it takes longer, so not always a bad thing.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ordered a takeaway the other night. Used the 'delivery time' option to request it for an hour and a half's time. Twenty minutes later it arrived! Nobody ready to eat - had to keep it warm in the oven.

If I tried to get it in twenty minutes I wouldn't be able to! :mad:

yeah that happened me as well, they dont listen to specific order time requests. sometimes you don't have the appetite straight away or just want it ready later for a party etc.

I just ordered a takeaway last night. took just over the expected time which was ok. I was owed a good bit of change as I paid with a 50 note which was all I had. I was given small change in coins first which I put in my pocket, and the rest in notes as he got it from the car.

as he gave me the notes I noticed it was 3 euro short. now i wouldn't mind giving it to him as a tip it but for a moment I thought he dishonestly short-changed me and kept it. I had managed to forget that he'd given me the change a few moments earlier still in my pocket. I wouldn't have said anything anyway and would've looked like a tool if I did :0

I also frequently forget to give tips. Im not mean just forgetful. ;)

I was following Dr Foster on BBC for the last few weeks and Im gutted that its over,they could easily have got another night out of it as the last night was very rushed.Im more a reality/documentary fan usually but Im almost grieving at the fact that this has finished and keep feeling thats theres something missing from my week.TAed at myself for feeling like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This new word for the under 30s, seemingly the term is "millennials".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a parcel which
    per shippers transit time of three days (mainland European origin)
    Should have been with me by Wed/Thurs of last week.
    I just checked the couriers tracking system and it tells me
    my parcel is "in transit "
    I emailed the courier to find out when I Could expect delivery.....and the reply was "your shipment is in transit"

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a parcel which
    per shippers transit time of three days (mainland European origin)
    Should have been with me by Wed/Thurs of last week.
    I just checked the couriers tracking system and it tells me
    my parcel is "in transit "
    I emailed the courier to find out when I Could expect delivery.....and the reply was "your shipment is in transit"

I had this a while ago and they said the same thing. I emailed asking where it was and they told me it had left the depot. I replied, "that's not really answering my question though, is it? Where is my delivery?" and they replied, "average delivery time is 3 days". I replied, "yes I am aware of that but where (the f*ck, I wanted to add) is my delivery" and they said, "we can confirm that it is on the way".

I eventually lost the plot with them and emailed saying, "why can't you just admit that you don't know where it is" and they replied, admitting that they did not, in fact know where it was. B*stards of the highest order.

Giving 110%
    The nice thing about effort, in terms of measuring it, is that the most you can give is everything—and everything equals 100%. You can’t give more than that, unless you can make two or more of yourself on the spot, in which case you have a very interesting talent indeed. To tell someone to give more than 100% is to also tell them that you failed second-grade math.*

*quote, somewhere from the internet

And also, "to make a long story short" - really? You've just made your story six words longer :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA that I need to go to the pub (yes, need to cos I've organised it) and probably should shower and wash my hair first, but I'm sitting here, lazy and couldn't quite be arsed moving. Get a move on whatismyname!

Today has been one big TA for me. I needed a nice soft day to help me recover from yesterday's festivities.

Instead everyone at work seems to want an argument, my 4 year old has higher than usual volume levels, the chocolate biscuits I had stashed away seem to have disappeared and there is a turnip in the fridge which means we are having something with Turnip for tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

TA that I need to go to the pub (yes, need to cos I've organised it) and probably should shower and wash my hair first, but I'm sitting here, lazy and couldn't quite be arsed moving. Get a move on whatismyname!

Moooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

jamesbere wrote: »
    Moooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee

Still sitting here. I'll enjoy it when I get there, but needing to move and prepare and walk there is just so much hassle! First world problems, or what?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Still sitting here. I'll enjoy it when I get there, but needing to move and prepare and walk there is just so much hassle! First world problems, or what?!

I know the feeling, I want to go for a run. I know I should go but I'm getting to the can't be arsed stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Cow opens gate using it's tongue

Watch that one, it's class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Driving to work this morning, 85km down, 2 to go, oil light started flashing turned off stereo, heard a strange loud flicking/ticking noise coming from engine, pressed the clutch, car died, waited a few minutes, started again same noise, got off the motorway at a roundabout, died with a CLUNK all dash lights on, never had an ounce of bother in 155600km, now this,
    It didn't sound cheap,
    In the lap of the gods now, well the main dealer (cringe)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

selous wrote: »
    Driving to work this morning, 85km down, 2 to go, oil light started flashing turned off stereo, heard a strange loud flicking/ticking noise coming from engine, pressed the clutch, car died, waited a few minutes, started again same noise, got off the motorway at a roundabout, died with a CLUNK all dash lights on, never had an ounce of bother in 155600km, now this,
    It didn't sound cheap,
    In the lap of the gods now, well the main dealer (cringe)

That sounds non-trivial, to be honest. Hope it's nothing too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Posted in the trivial things that make you happy thread yesterday instead of posting here. :o Could have sworn I was in the right thread. I'll blame the jumpy pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My knee is all swollen thanks to dance rehearsals. Ouch :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

I'm a complete techno spa,

ja I am liking zis idea.

ein plaß for the jacuzzi und the techno musik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So Netflix and chill, means d'ya wanna ride??? Kids these days... In my days it was all ASL on Grindr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Is there a specific reason why hairdryers in hotels are such crappy quality? IN EVERY HOTEL!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I poked myself in the eye with a mascara wand.
    Now my eye is watering, ergo my mascara is running so that means my eye is all bloodshot, my lashes are wet and sticking together to create mono-lashes and I've black all around my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

fussyonion wrote:
    I poked myself in the eye with a mascara wand. Now my eye is watering, ergo my mascara is running so that means my eye is all bloodshot, my lashes are wet and sticking together to create mono-lashes and I've black all around my eyes.

That look is soo last year fussy.

:P

Coffee going to lukewarm before you have a chance to drink it...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement