Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Coffee going to lukewarm before you have a chance to drink it...
    I find half cups of coffee all over the shop, some 8 hours old, Still drink them though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

chillin117 wrote: »
    I find half cups of coffee all over the shop, some 8 hours old, Still drink them though !

Yep, there's places that will charge for cold coffee :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Just had to move to a different table cos a guy wearing way too much cologne was sitting near me while I was having my lunch, it was so distracting!

Physiotherapy hurts like f*ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Impatient parents. There is a woman on this bus with me and her toddler daughter keeps accidentally dropping her toy on the ground and her mother keeps getting angry and being aggressive. She isn't even paying attention to her at all
    I dno, it annoyed me when I saw it so.

Another TA: Discrete Mathematics :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

1) Driving behind someone for about 20 mins this morning who had their rear fog lights on. It wasn't in the least bit foggy. I actually felt my blood bubbling. I needed a strong cup of coffee to combat the headache from the glare.

2) People who enter aa large roundabout and feel that they now have ownership over the entire roundabout until they take their exit. Just no. If you come across someone else, simply slow down like you would on any other part of the road instead of thumping your fist on the horn.

And breath..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Someone at my workplace signs off: "Warmest, [inserts name]. Just Warmest. Is this a new thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Some newspapers and politicians getting a place name so wrong when they use Irish,
    Carrickmines in Irish is

Carraig Mhaighin, which means plateau of rock

NOT.

Carraig Maonais, which means...... are ya ready....... Mayonnaise.

Think the builders may have preferred the latter when they went building underground carparks , (hint is in the name lads)

That the price increase on cigarettes will be effective from midnight but we have to wait until January to get our extra few euro a week back in our wages :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

That the price increase on cigarettes will be effective from midnight but we have to wait until January to get our extra few euro a week back in our wages :(

I remember the shop in Eastpoint business park used to apply the increase on cigarettes minutes after the minister announced it. Pure profiteering.

Glad I dont smoke anymore. Come join the fun No Smokers Club!

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    I remember the shop in Eastpoint business park used to apply the increase on cigarettes minutes after the minister announced it. Pure profiteering.

Glad I dont smoke anymore. Come join the fun No Smokers Club!

I don't even smoke! lol I'm just TA that if I did, it would be unfair :D That really is trivial.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yep , always the way. Booze, fags and petrol, increase effective immediately. Any few quid coming your way, fcuk yis, you can wait for that!

Someone at my workplace signs off: "Warmest, [inserts name]. Just Warmest. Is this a new thing?

Yes, like those f*ckwits who sign off , "best" - best what? Or are you too busy to insert another word? Perhaps you're being charged per word?

Worst.

ONW

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Kids are fat from too much sugar. It's because they don't get children portions anymore for meals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Every single day of this job, going to lunch, my boss has asked me if I want something from the shops while he's out. Every single day I have said no thanks I'm going out myself soon.

Christ that annoys me. Every single day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

What a bastard.....being nice like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Every single day of this job, going to lunch, my boss has asked me if I want something from the shops while he's out. Every single day I have said no thanks I'm going out myself soon.

Some day Gongoozer..... some day, you'll be stuck at your desk, slaving away and distraught knowing you won't be able to pop out for lunch... but alas!!
    Your saviour! Every day he's asked you, and today will be no different... Your predicament of hunger will be no more as he'll be your knight in shining armour, ready to purchase foodstuffs for you... but will today be the day he asketh no more?
    Do you wish for that day to arrive Gongoozer?
    Do you?

TA - people who walk past my desk in the morning and don't say hello / good morning back as I greet them.
    FFS, just fupping acknowledge you freaks! I'm trying to help your morning!
    I guess not everyone is a morning person...

BraveDonut wrote: »
    What a bastard.....being nice like that

I know he's being nice, so is my other colleague when she does the same thing ten minutes later. It's not the point. It's fcuking irritating. It's fine if you wouldn't find it irritating, good for you, I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I know he's being nice, so is my other colleague when she does the same thing ten minutes later. It's not the point. It's fcuking irritating. It's fine if you wouldn't find it irritating, good for you, I do.

Do the following:
    When he asks, respond with:

'Hold on.... eh...... (give it a few annoying seconds) I think I need........(more seconds of silence), nah, you're ok'

Do it every.single.day

/Awaits Googoozlers Boss to post in here...

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

local children on the area outside my home, constantly falling and crying out for their mother.
    do they not realise this means I have to turn up the volume.

they'd want to cop themselves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Just give it a few more months. Let's say February. Then, one normal Tuesday, say yes. If the heart attack doesn't kill him it'll stop him asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Adults that pick and flick.....dirty ba**ards.
    I work with some, eye level in the jax, nearly barfed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was chewing gum and blew a bubble.
    Now it's all stuck to my nose, my mouth, all around my gob in fact, and there's no sign of it coming off.
    It's comical but frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

A day of TA here.
    There is a smell of something not quite nice in my car and despite tearing car apart. Taking out child seats, mats and checking the boot I can not find the source or offending item.

Family member goin on hols to Portugal tomorrow and keeps reminding of this every hour.

Husband has a cold and is incapacitated by it.

I have run out of butter.

Plenty of milk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Driving home today through Moate and the car up in front stops dead in the road. I thought they were just having a chat with someone but it turns out that this little girl, so little that she had a soother in her mouth, was cycling on the road, coming towards us. The car in front yelled out at her mum/sister (it was hard to tell) but she was told to f off!!! :O The child could have been killed if someone came flying around the corner! How can a parent/sibling be so irresponsible????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote: »
    Now it's all stuck to my nose, my mouth, all around my gob in fact, and there's no sign of it coming off.

Go outside for a few minutes and let it freeze then peel it off like a face mask:D
    My TA is that I went for a small walk this evening and Im rewarding:rolleyes:myself with red wine ,I said I wouldnt have too much so only pouring a little into the glass at a time but Ive done that a few times now and the bottle is looking fairly empty:(had to have a packet on Hunky Dorys too..Im going to regret this at 7am but I cant stop myself.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Why do some people in the media refer to all men as 'gentlemen', as in 'the gentleman who shot the garda was out on bail'?? Really wrecks my head!!

People who say 'he will be dearly missed'. How can you 'dearly miss' someone? You dearly love but sorely/badly.....miss them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA that I'm getting wound up by noise from what sounds like a small party next door - when they pretty much never have parties, and I'm up anyway, and nowhere near bedtime, so they're not really bothering me. Why am I even getting wound up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People calling sportsmen "warriors" or "legends".
    No. They might be great sportsmen or great in their field but they're not warriors and they're not legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

That fake 'American' accent that posh youngwans have nowadays. Does me nut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Bet ya the one day he doesn't ask you that you will actually need something!! :D

No. They might be great sportsmen or great in their field but they're not warriors and they're not legends.

Except Paul O'Connell. Legend, Warrior and Sportsman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

In fairness though, if you transported the forwards from the Irish squad back to the middle ages, stopped them dieing of dysentery or starvation and got them onto the field of battle suited and booted, then yes I think they'd make cracking warriors AND due to their size some could unleash such untold destruction that they could become legends. Imagine Sean O'Brien wielding a claymore in full Armour.

messrs wrote: »
    Bet ya the one day he doesn't ask you that you will actually need something!! :D

But the point is I can get it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Every day I offer to pick up something from the shops for a fella I work with. I never hear 'I'll come along with you' or 'Aye, a bag of sweets to share'. Always, 'No, I'll go myself.'

Almost like they don't want friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

fizzypish wrote: »
    In fairness though, if you transported the forwards from the Irish squad back to the middle ages, stopped them dieing of dysentery or starvation and got them onto the field of battle suited and booted, then yes I think they'd make cracking warriors AND due to their size some could unleash such untold destruction that they could become legends. Imagine Sean O'Brien wielding a claymore in full Armour.

Bit of a TA though that steroids and EPO weren't invented yet

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I got my tongue pierced years ago and I haven't been able to blow a bubble since :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    Driving home today through Moate and the car up in front stops dead in the road. I thought they were just having a chat with someone but it turns out that this little girl, so little that she had a soother in her mouth, was cycling on the road, coming towards us. The car in front yelled out at her mum/sister (it was hard to tell) but she was told to f off!!! :O The child could have been killed if someone came flying around the corner! How can a parent/sibling be so irresponsible????

I saw a man this morning trying to cross a road (where there was no crossing or lights) on his bike, holding two dogs on two separate leads (one on each side) and being followed by a girl that was (I would guess) only barely school going age, on her bike. Talk about a travelling circus. What happens if any of the three beings he has in his control decide to do something unpredictable (as kids and animals are bound to do)? Dogs see a cat or another dog, and decide to run different directions, child sees I don't know...a frozen themed ball in the drain or something.... Recipe for disaster. And then he shoots us a dirty look for stopping the car because the car in front of us stopped, and you know...he couldn't cross the road with his travelling circus....at the point in the road where traffic was filtering off left and there was no crossing or lights.... :(

Samsgirl wrote: »
    A day of TA here.
    There is a smell of something not quite nice in my car and despite tearing car apart. Taking out child seats, mats and checking the boot I can not find the source or offending item.

Family member goin on hols to Portugal tomorrow and keeps reminding of this every hour.

Husband has a cold and is incapacitated by it.

I have run out of butter.

Plenty of milk though.

Can you churn it? :P

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I got my tongue pierced years ago and I haven't been able to blow a bubble since :(

So many jokes I could insert here....but wont!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Menas wrote: »
    So many jokes I could insert here....but wont!

Well, it hasn't stopped me from being able to blow anything else! :pac:

ch750536 wrote: »
    Every day I offer to pick up something from the shops for a fella I work with. I never hear 'I'll come along with you' or 'Aye, a bag of sweets to share'. Always, 'No, I'll go myself.'

Almost like they don't want friends.

I'm female. He's not looking for me to go with him.

There is a man near me, roaring down his phone, all in "foreign",
    Which makes it a double TA, because I don't even know wtf he is on about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    There is a man near me, roaring down his phone, all in "foreign",
    Which makes it a double TA, because I don't even know wtf he is on about!

That reminds me of Spike Milligan recalling a Tamil priest in India saying the Christian mass in his own language, and it sounding to an eight-year-old Spike like "Iggery-buggery, Iggery-buggery, Iggery-buggery-buggery-buggery Iggery-buggery..." :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    That reminds me of Spike Milligan recalling a Tamil priest in India saying the Christian mass in his own language, and it sounding to an eight-year-old Spike like "Iggery-buggery, Iggery-buggery, Iggery-buggery-buggery-buggery Iggery-buggery..." :pac:

When I was about 8/9 I was moved to a class mid year where the "Christian" butcher insisted you ask to go to the jacks in Irish....which nobody bothered teach me. So for several weeks I got away with something like " yabbada yabbada yabbada muck on shay Hurley".......then I got rumbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

That fake 'American' accent that posh youngwans have nowadays. Does me nut

Everyone says I have an American accent and asks where in America I'm from, never been there and the only explantion I can come up with is I moved around alot as a kid and loved American tv shows so maybe it came from that but once you get to know me you hear how I say certain words and I sound Irish. It happened to me again recently and they asked me in an interview about visa's and stuff and I was confused until they said where in America are you from and I was like no I'm Irish and they said oh right but didn't look like they beleived me. I think I know were I'm from :mad: does my head in after years of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    When I was about 8/9 I was moved to a class mid year where the "Christian" butcher insisted you ask to go to the jacks in Irish....which nobody bothered teach me. So for several weeks I got away with something like " yabbada yabbada yabbada muck on shay Hurley".......then I got rumbled.

Mmm. I'd have thought that was quite good, that's something like my approach to French and German. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

On a bus that has neither wifi nor sockets working.

Feck sake.

Usually it's one or the other.

I have a lot of data so can use my phone as a hotspot for laptop to get some work done, but not having a socket to accompany it is annoying.

Although on the plus side, usually sockets are working, so shouldn't really complain too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

People that run with the generic apple earphones in. I could be still as anything and those feckers won't stay in, yet some folk pound the pavements in them not a bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

razorblunt wrote: »
    People that run with the generic apple earphones in. I could be still as anything and those feckers won't stay in, yet some folk pound the pavements in them not a bother.

That reminds me, my earphones broke on me the other day (low sound in the left one), had to get another pair, and I have to get a very specific pair because while I don't think my ears are that unusual, the generic ear buds just never stay in. These ones I get, I get the sound quality, and they stay in, though it's a rare time you'd ever see me running :D

Also TA that I had to buy new sunglasses yesterday (I have a habit of either breaking stuff or forgetting stuff and leaving it behind me), and I only noticed just now that I'd forgotten to take the UV sticker off the lens - walking around all day yesterday and this morning with the UV sticker on the lens... :mad: :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement