Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

One of my cats died :( someone knocked him down and my bf only found him this evening. It's not trivial but I had no where else to write it. RIP Captain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Aw, sorry to hear this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

miezekatze wrote: »
    I just cancel the other print job in that case and print my own stuff. :)

Secure print will f@&k you though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Now I know the weather is fantastic for October, but I have to cut the feckin grass AGAIN.

Will it ever stop growing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Being in a single bed when I'm used to a double.

Sleeping problems generally, when I'm usually a great sleeper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Song stuck in head.

Its like one part of my brain is having a house party at 3am and the other part is banging on the walls, will ya shut up in there, but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Computer programs and mobile apps that you cannot use offline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'm half thinking I'm better off going back to bed already before this days even started. I'd a fight with the coffee tin because the lid was jammed on, wouldn't come off at all, only for I'd to wedge it off with a knife, and then I'd to plaster up my fingers before I could make myself a coffee as the knife kept slipping. If I find out the young lad superglued the tin for the giggles, I swear, it'd be something like he'd do :rolleyes:

I updated all our phones to the latest Windows Phone 10 last night, there's a couple of apps still aren't working right with it, so I'd to switch from my usual browser. I don't mind change and having to adapt to change most of the time, but sometimes - pain in the arse :(

Like the beta touch site, the Boards one that is, it's like twitter on acid, those love hearts sweets, the 'capsules' theme from MS Publisher '97. There's too many elements on the page ffs, crazy altogether, you'd need a 50" screen to accommodate what they're trying to display on 5"...

"But it's all colours and shìt!"

Oh, that reminds me, the irritating twat yesterday who came out with -

"Won't feel Christmas now"...

Fit to snap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Poochie05 wrote:
    Aw, sorry to hear this...

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

KatW4 wrote: »
    One of my cats died :( someone knocked him down and my bf only found him this evening. It's not trivial but I had no where else to write it. RIP Captain :(

I am so sorry to hear about your cat Captain, it's always my worst nightmare with my cat so I can only imagine how you are feeling :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I am so sorry to hear about your cat Captain, it's always my worst nightmare with my cat so I can only imagine how you are feeling :(

Likewise. We only let ours out on shifts because I'm so paranoid about them being knocked down. We lost one before on the same road. Poor Captain :( Why do people have to drive so fast?

Thinking about one of these

th?id=OIP.M9709db214c6e0b2f4f418bb28507c65co0&pid=15.1

• Registered Users Posts: 12 King of the Hotcups

I hate it when people use all the water in the kettle and don't bother to refill it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

People who come on travel forums and ask *has anyone ever flown xxx airline?* - of course people have flown them, dummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Sleeping on your arm :-o

And that was by 'accident' Rob was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

People who slam shut the overhead baggage compartment on planes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was watching Ireland AM this morning when their Friday morning soccer guru Paddy Mulligan mentioned that Tim Sherwood, the Aston Villa manager, would be sacked soon because they're doing so badly.

"I don't rate him as a manager: good, bad or indifferent."

Eh, by your tone you obviously don't rate him as a good manager but you probably would rate him as an indifferent or, more likely, a bad manager.

(Yeah, that was a very trivial annoyance.)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

My husband broke his leg playing basketball. Ok, I feel sorry for him and all that, but I have to bring him to work (started back today), bring the children to school, do my own full-time job and do the housework/cooking etc. I'm exhausted. And we have no money for a cleaner or a babysitter right now!

On the other hand, I'm ver happy that he was playing basketball because a few years ago, after a bad accident, it looked like he might never have been up on his feet again.

But still, poor me! :(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Clegg wrote: »
    Whats worse is when someone says they can't refill the tray because it isn't a part of their job description.

In my place some of the people actually ring IT to come and re fill the printer with paper! ( I wish I was joking here!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

messrs wrote: »
    In my place some of the people actually ring IT to come and re fill the printer with paper! ( I wish I was joking here!)

They're probably glad to be useful :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

These protests regarding the re-homing of the Carrickmines fire survivors in an estate nearby. Now I know the negative stereotype associated with those from the Travelling Community. But how can could you be so callous in the aftermath of such a tragedy (all those children who lost their lives ffs.)

It just goes to show. You can bemoan the homelessness issue in the capital and take massive pity on all the migrants, and even let the social media sphere know that you care. Provided something similar doesn't happy on your own doorstep of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

messrs wrote: »

Tell the IT folk to get their revenge

:pac:

TA - I've no change for the vending machine to get chocolate :(

These protests regarding the re-homing of the Carrickmines fire survivors...

can we please keep this thread about trivial (and 'fun'!) stuff to avoid any serious replies?
    There's enough threads / discussion about that! :)

These protests regarding the re-homing of the Carrickmines fire survivors in an estate nearby. Now I know the negative stereotype associated with those from the Travelling Community. But how can could you be so callous in the aftermath of such a tragedy (all those children who lost their lives ffs.)

It just goes to show. You can bemoan the homelessness issue in the capital and take massive pity on all the migrants, and even let the social media sphere know that you care. Provided something similar doesn't happy on your own doorstep of course.

There's a small group of settled travellers in a community on the outskirts of Sallynoggin, close to Killiney, which has seen absolutely no problems or issues. They keep the surrounding area clean.

Really don't see why a similar community can't be built elsewhere.

I'm absolutely for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Tell the IT folk to get their revenge

:pac:

can we please keep this thread about trivial (and 'fun'!) stuff to avoid any serious replies?
    There's enough threads / discussion about that! :)

This is brilliant!!! I actually laughed out loud at this, also the fact that there are a number of people in my office that I could imagine actually doing this and talking to the printer to get it to work!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Fecking TA that I just typed out a lengthy post and then realised just before I posted it that I misread the thread title. So I was basically wasting my time.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

whiskeyman wrote: »

:)

That reminds me of when my husband and i went away for a few days when we were first together. We went on a bit of a mad one and spent all our money. On the last day, we missed breakfast at the b&b and we only had enough to pay for the train home.

I was starving sitting waiting on the train and managed to find about a euro at the end of my bag.

Skipped over to the vending machine to get a bar of chochlate and it got stuck :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

That reminds me of when my husband and i went away for a few days when we were first together. We went on a bit of a mad one and spent all our money. On the last day, we missed breakfast at the b&b and we only had enough to pay for the train home.

I was starving sitting waiting on the train and managed to find about a euro at the end of my bag.

Skipped over to the vending machine to get a bar of chochlate and it got stuck :(

Your foot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

YouTube recommending me the same annoying people over and over, even after repeatedly clicking "not interested".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

e_e wrote: »
    YouTube recommending me the same annoying people over and over, even after repeatedly clicking "not interested".

+1,000,000

The recommended videos used to be great a few years ago before they went fúcking around with the algorithm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Sick of the constant tech problems with this site. I've tried all week to login and it's been impossible. Right now it takes about 5 minutes to thank a post and it only works with about a half dozen pages refreshes.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

My cat and my OH are on a roll today.

One of them managed to sneeze on my head, and the other managed to dirty three items of clothing in ten minutes, guess who did what :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

e_e wrote: »

Facebook and its fúcking "friend suggestions" and "people you may know" :mad:

If I know them and I haven't befriended them on Facebook, there's a reason for that, Facebook....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Eating a gravy chip and ending up with a hair full of gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The asshole in the car behind me blowing the horn when traffic was at a standstill.

I can see how road rage incidents happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

When your brushing your teeth and the toothpaste falls on your clothes or pjs.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

The fact that this site censors profanity but when you bypass the filter no one gives a shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bono

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Fine Gael canvasers knocking at the door. It was our local ex-minister TD dropping bye to let us know he would be running again.
    Run again Mr Ex-Minister......run away from my house or I will get the shotgun out!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

My feet are cold and the sock drawer is across the room!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Really TA with Boards acting up the past few weeks. Takes the fun out of posting.

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Really TA with Boards acting up the past few weeks. Takes the fun out of posting.

Minutes ago I just posted yet another post in the Feedback forum on this very topic. I love this site for de-stressing and for a bit of fun, but these tech issues are making it a serious pain in the ass. Spare a thought to for the unpaid Mods, only God knows how they can do their jobs properly having to deal with the bullshít.

I lost count of how many times I tired to log back in yesterday evening without success. On most occasions the Boards.ie page wouldn't even load. And using different devices & browsers didn't make a damn difference. But when I did briefly manage to log in late last night, guess what? I couldn't see the post button, the quote button or the thanks button, hey but at least I could see the 'log out' button and that's the only function that was available to me.:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Minutes ago I just posted yet another post in the Feedback forum on this very topic. I love this site for de-stressing and for a bit of fun, but these tech issues are making it a serious pain in the ass. Spare a thought to for the unpaid Mods, only God knows how they can do their jobs properly having to deal with the bullshít.

I lost count of how many times I tired to log back in yesterday evening without success. On most occasions the Boards.ie page wouldn't even load. And using different devices & browsers didn't make a damn difference. But when I did briefly manage to log in late last night, guess what? I couldn't see the post button, the quote button or the thanks button, hey but at least I could see the 'log out' button and that's the only function that was available to me.:(:mad:
    We couldnt even post about how TAd we were with last night:D
    My laptop was very near getting flung out the window but everything seems better now ..fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

When someone does things in a game that I know are "wrong" and a bad way to play, yet they beat me anyway.

Colser wrote: »
    We couldnt even post about how TAd we were with last night:D
    My laptop was very near getting flung out the window but everything seems better now ..fingers crossed.

Tell me about it :(, last night I briefly contemplated launching my desktop through the window Garryowen style. But then I didn't fancy a trip to Orthopaedics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I've been having a big clear out this week, and dropped several bags of clothes and toys, old buggies etc. down to charity. Some of these are toys that have been hanging around at least 15yrs. Having another run at it today, and have come across cot sheets, blankets and a half dozen cute little baby sleeping bags. All ruthlessly bundled into a black sack, and now I'm not so sure:( Logically, I won't need them again, and I doubt/hope I won't be a nanny any time soon! I could put them up with all the other crap in the attic. Why is it so damn hard to decide whether or not to give away some stuff, even when it's clearly no longer needed and taking up space ? I can almost feel the menopause coming on with it all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

73Cat wrote: »
    I've been having a big clear out this week, and dropped several bags of clothes and toys, old buggies etc. down to charity. Some of these are toys that have been hanging around at least 15yrs. Having another run at it today, and have come across cot sheets, blankets and a half dozen cute little baby sleeping bags. All ruthlessly bundled into a black sack, and now I'm not so sure:( Logically, I won't need them again, and I doubt/hope I won't be a nanny any time soon! I could put them up with all the other crap in the attic. Why is it so damn hard to decide whether or not to give away some stuff, even when it's clearly no longer needed and taking up space ? I can almost feel the menopause coming on with it all :(

Everytime I do a big clear out I get the same feeling about certain items, the annoying thing is they go back into storage for years again. Now my husband just takes the bags as I pack them and takes them straight to the Charity Shop. I get a sick feeling about giving some of the baby things away but when they are gone the feeling only lasts a while. So I understand how you feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

I did a mud run earlier and it's very trivial but people complaining about getting dirty. Fffs that's why I went to it, to enjoy the dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Zanablue wrote: »
    Everytime I do a big clear out I get the same feeling about certain items, the annoying thing is they go back into storage for years again. Now my husband just takes the bags as I pack them and takes them straight to the Charity Shop. I get a sick feeling about giving some of the baby things away but when they are gone the feeling only lasts a while. So I understand how you feel.

It was handing over the baby bath that really got to me! Even though it hadn't been used in well over 2 yrs, it was still in the bathroom gathering dust :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    Well I gave away a lot of baby stuff to a family member and had to get it back about 12mths later.;) Read your post again and see where youve jinked yourself:D
    When I do a clear I usually have the hallway full of black bags but then I go through them again and start taking stuff out or I get rid of them and want something thats been dumped within a few days..its a very traumatic experience trying to do a clear out tbh:(:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am a complete tyrant when it comes to clearing crap out. But the Mrs and son are hoarders so battles happen. And if I secretly get rid of something it always gets noticed. Mabe not today, maybe no tomorrow, but someday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

My TA is that I never got to go to Penneys today for my new Pj's :(

Was looking forward to being a trendy , cool granny (thank you LG );)

Setting my sights lower , shall have them for next weekend :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement