Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Colser wrote: »
    Well I gave away a lot of baby stuff to a family member and had to get it back about 12mths later.;) Read your post again and see where youve jinked yourself:D
    When I do a clear I usually have the hallway full of black bags but then I go through them again and start taking stuff out or I get rid of them and want something thats been dumped within a few days..its a very traumatic experience trying to do a clear out tbh:(:pac:

Oh Jesus, I see it now :)

I'm TA that I don't seem to have the option of all the cool emoticons :(. I can only get a happy /sad face by using brackets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My mum had a cold which I have managed to catch. I wouldn't mind but yesterday I was saying how I was the only teacher in my school who hasn't been sick this year. Typical! I jinxed myself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Being the responsible parent all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

A house alarm has been going off for about 2 days now. It isn't too loud to cause a problem with sleeping but it's loud enough for me to think I have tinnitus and give me a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Turning on the Sunday morning radio to listen to the news of the week to have them all talking about rugby! One programme is even shortened because of the rugby, yet spent the first 15 minutes talking about it!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Teenagers:mad: Ive just come upstairs because my son is driving me insane with his cheek and hes only out of bed 5 mins.Ive bit my tongue but hes pushing it and I can feel my blood pressure rising..Im going to say something I might regret it I dont keep away from him:(Why dont they know when to stop.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    Teenagers:mad: Ive just come upstairs because my son is driving me insane with his cheek and hes only out of bed 5 mins.Ive bit my tongue but hes pushing it and I can feel my blood pressure rising..Im going to say something I might regret it I dont keep away from him:(Why dont they know when to stop.:pac:

My four year old is like that today. I was hoping he would grow out of it in a year or so? I dont want to be getting cheek and back chat for the next decade!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    My four year old is like that today. I was hoping he would grow out of it in a year or so? I dont want to be getting cheek and back chat for the next decade!

I hate to be the one to break it to you but it gets worse as they get older..thankless pups:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Severard

When you are approaching a T junction and the car at the front is going right but has positioned their car in such a way that any other car that wants to go left can't. You can then have several cars that all want to turn left but can't because of the car at the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

People who put up selfies on Instagram and then reply to EVERY ensuing compliment with "Thanks chicken, coming from you though xx" or something to that effect. At least try to make it sound genuine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

The term 'happy out'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

My 24 year old still gives her mother and me cheek so best make that 2 decades. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Not even the sight of Colin Firth in leather trousers is making me feel better today. Stupid cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Turning on the Sunday morning radio to listen to the news of the week to have them all talking about rugby! One programme is even shortened because of the rugby, yet spent the first 15 minutes talking about it!! :(

Yes. Rugby is stupid, and dangerous too. Why would everyone automatically be interested in it? And how many of those people have ever even kicked a rugby ball or ever cared about it at all? There are like 12 nations in the world that seriously play rugby, so it's hardly much of a stretch for Ireland to reach the quarter finals now and then.

They're trying to copy the soccer world cup or something, which is completely different because it's not a minority sport, it's watched the world over, and it has some newsworthy significance at times over the fact of the sport itself. Even then this would be over the top coverage. I couldn't give the slightest crap about rugby, I hope Ireland lose 60-0 and I'm tired of people thinking I would.

Rugby it stupid. It's not a game we grew up playing or watching like soccer is, it's a minority, niche sport that has always appealed to only a fraction of people. The only reason people are cheering is because it's Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My husband calls my kindle my story book. I don't know why, but it irritates the shiit out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The buggy problems with Boards.ie are really testing me now, four times offline today.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I usually love this time of year when all the leaves fall off the trees. But what I hate is people not picking up their dogs **** and then it gets mixed in with the leaves giving you a nasty surprise on your shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Yes. Rugby is stupid, and dangerous too. Why would everyone automatically be interested in it? And how many of those people have ever even kicked a rugby ball or ever cared about it at all? There are like 12 nations in the world that seriously play rugby, so it's hardly much of a stretch for Ireland to reach the quarter finals now and then.

They're trying to copy the soccer world cup or something, which is completely different because it's not a minority sport, it's watched the world over, and it has some newsworthy significance at times over the fact of the sport itself. Even then this would be over the top coverage. I couldn't give the slightest crap about rugby, I hope Ireland lose 60-0 and I'm tired of people thinking I would.

Rugby it stupid. It's not a game we grew up playing or watching like soccer is, it's a minority, niche sport that has always appealed to only a fraction of people. The only reason people are cheering is because it's Ireland.

This, but with Connor Mc Gregor and MMA.

No one gave a **** until his last match or two but he is Irish and winning so here comes the mob of supporters who have never watched MMA in their lives before!

The fact that he got exposed in his last fight and will probably lose his next as a result of this is lost on them, as is the fact that he is an utter dickhead that most MMA fans hate.

There have been many guys like him before. One dimensional fighters at the right time in a weak division.

But hey, he's Irish so let's pile on with the blind support and positivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My phone keeps randomly disconnecting itself from the WiFi at home, so that I am using my data without realising half the time. That, and my screen rotation is driving me nuts. I find it handy so keep it turned on, but most of the time it's so slow to respond on turning the phone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Not even the sight of Colin Firth in leather trousers is making me feel better today.

Really? Well thanks for that nightmarish image and I've suddenly just lost my appetite.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Youtube ads where the person in the ad tries to tell you not to press the 'skip ad' button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Totally annoying that no matter what way you make a journey there's
    always some cnut that knows a better way and faster

That no matter how good a bargain you just got, there's always some cnut
    who can get you a better one for cheaper

That no matter how you do any job, there's always some cnut who knows a better way!

I've met all 3 this weekend. Part and parcel of being Irish I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

People on electric bicycles, zooming past my wheezy self.
    It’s totally cheating, right? Especially when it’s not obviously an electric one (i.e. a big bone shaker with a massive battery pack).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My husband calls my kindle my story book. I don't know why, but it irritates the shiit out of me.

That's pretty infantilising and condescending, I'd be irritated too.

starling wrote: »
    That's pretty infantilising and condescending, I'd be irritated too.

As someone who knows lucyfur well, and knows her husband pretty well, he's one of the most fantastic husbands and fathers I have the pleasure of knowing. He can be quite giddy and childish himself - which is where the "storybook" word would come from. Certainly not to infantilise or condescend, and not a conclusion I would have jumped to.

I know she had absolutely no intention of giving out about her husband, but simply a word he uses.

It's all about context really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

women being allowed on the internet to chatter among themselves about friends and husbands of friends.

Facebook given me a notification of 'X is attending an event near you today' when said event is 50+ miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

women being allowed on the internet to chatter among themselves about friends and husbands of friends.

Nobody is forcing you to read it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Zanablue wrote: »
    I usually love this time of year when all the leaves fall off the trees. But what I hate is people not picking up their dogs **** and then it gets mixed in with the leaves giving you a nasty surprise on your shoe.

Left the house this morning and one of my children missed a massive dog-turd by an inch. We don't have a front garden so it was just under the doorstep. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt and say that it might have been a stray dog that left it, but I've never seen strays on my road. I just can't believe that anyone who would take their dog out for a walk would leave its shíte right where someone will more than likely step in it. More than TA'd that I now have to go and scoop up dog-turd when that's one of the reasons I don't want a pet.

Reading something someone says online, presuming it's a joke, other people not taking it as such, and then getting all confused.

• Advertisement

"Women being allowed"

Now there's condescending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Idiot work colleague. All he does is live for the weekend. It's Monday morning and already he's talking about Friday night. He's 33, drinking in the same 2 or 3 pubs all weekend, every weekend, falls in to local nightclub at 1am and leers over all the young wans. Every weekend is the "best craic ever", by Wednesday he's itching for Thursday payday as he's broke. Always has the latest phone and gadgets and is bored of them in two weeks. Talks about some English soccer team as if he's part of the team, the fool has never even been to England.
    I know he thinks I'm a dry shyte, as he does everyone who doesn't spend every weekend in the pub, watching 'us' play on the telly.
    It's quite sad really.

Did I mention about the luas ticket machines?

Put a €20 in it and get all my change in small coins.

It was like winning the slots in bundoran in 1984 all over again...and spend the rest of the day walking in circles due to an over weight pocket of change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

73Cat wrote: »
    My phone keeps randomly disconnecting itself from the WiFi at home, so that I am using my data without realising half the time. That, and my screen rotation is driving me nuts. I find it handy so keep it turned on, but most of the time it's so slow to respond on turning the phone :(

The same thing has been happening to me since I updated my phone. I just turn off the mobile data when I'm at home and then it stops disconnecting from the wifi, that has worked for me anyway so it might work for you!

Did I mention about the luas ticket machines?

Put a €20 in it and get all my change in small coins.

It was like winning the slots in bundoran in 1984 all over again...and spend the rest of the day walking in circles due to an over weight pocket of change.

Oh - you reminded me of one a few weeks ago.

I always go through the cashier at the toll bridge on the Sligo to Dublin road, and I often pay the toll of the car behind me. This time I decided to go through the "quick" one with the basket, and it didn't count my €2 so I had to throw another 2 squids in. Booooooooo.

Cashier from now on please and thank you.

Chocolate bars these days are the same size as the funsize one from years ago. Got a Yorkie last night, 5 squares 44g. Are they having a laugh? 'Not for girls'. Yeah right. You'd have to be some Jessie if you couldn't finish one.
    Also, I'd love if crisp multipacks had proper sized bags in them. I feel like a savage after saying i 4 bags, but you'd fit the 4 bags into 1 small bowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

it's more than trivially annoying how they've changed the recipe of most chocolate and crisps now too :(

I often pay the toll of the car behind me.

TA that I have never driven behind you at a toll bridge and had my toll paid. :(

TA that I have never driven behind you at a toll bridge and had my toll paid. :(

well now you know who you need to stalk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've lost 11lbs since the beginning of September. It's tough as balls.

Just keep at it. I'm down 20kg the last 6 months and it's gruelling at times, there are days where I'm up weight but it comes off again. Make it enjoyable!

What annoys me is the people in work who look at me trying to eat healthy and take the piss, I was horribly overweight so sitting in the canteen eating my healthy food was a big thing for me and so hard to get my head around. If you see somebody making an effort beat their drum don't beat them down.

• Advertisement

Medusa22 wrote: »
    The same thing has been happening to me since I updated my phone. I just turn off the mobile data when I'm at home and then it stops disconnecting from the wifi, that has worked for me anyway so it might work for you!

My nephew showed me how to do that - saved me a fortune!

white knights

People who pronounce 'tenet' as 'tenant'
    or 'pundit' as 'pundint'!! :(

People who can't sit still or stay quiet.
    People who can't go 5 minutes without checking their phone.
    People with no self control or mind of their own.
    Bad drivers.
    People complaining about the weather. Not 1 thing you can do about it, just get on with it.
    Poor spelling, text speak, bad grammar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Lab reports,they annoy me to no end and I see little value in them.

The singer 'Pink' projects a tough streetwise rebellious persona ... yet is a white good looking female multi-millionaire living in the US.

The singer 'Pink' projects a tough streetwise rebellious persona ... yet is a white good looking female multi-millionaire living in the US.

Teenage angst, she's in her 30's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Why does the waitress where I'm eating have to be so good looking, I mean it's very distracting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ridiculously trivial yet ridiculously annoying: when the perforations on the two plies of the loo roll don't line up :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Ridiculously trivial yet ridiculously annoying: when the perforations on the two plies of the loo roll don't line up :mad:
    I believe that one of the tests for MENSA is to get them alligned again.
    When you realise how easy it is, it's, erm, easy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement