Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

One of the things I hate is when I realise that I have no sugar for my coffee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

One of the things I hate is when I realise that I have no sugar for my coffee :(

Could be worse, Im out of coffee ;-(

Samsgirl wrote:
    Could be worse, Im out of coffee ;-(

Peasant :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Been using an Iphone for the past few week as my samsung got dunked in the toilet. Only realised today that the calendar starts on a Sunday and not a Monday - like every other phone. I now know why I have been very confused re appointments and deadlines lately.
    Damn you Apple!!!!

They were into Monday before everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There is a little fly, the size of a pinhead flying around me now.

I cannot understand what their usefulness in life is unless it is to drive me bonkers.

I am flaying my arms like there is no tomorrow. And two minutes later, back it comes again to fly into my head.

God what the F?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Cheap water bottles that collapse so you aren't able to open them up to refill them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have had heartburn for 2 days straight. I wish it would just get lost already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bayern Munich Fans tonight staged a protest at the emirates over the cost of an away ticket, £64. the protest was to not turn up for the first 5 mins of the game, now as a football fan I understand the grievances against modern football and the pure disregard towards the working class fan BUT they (Bayern Fans) still paid the poxy money, Arsenal are not out of pocket, yes it brought the attention of the matter to Twitter and other social media outlets but whats the point??? if you are pissed off over ticket prices then don't buy a ticket and send a proper message!!

Just my take on it so please carry on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Peasant :D

And a bad housewife. In the last few weeks we have been without butter, milk and coffee at various stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you tear off a piece of cling film and its too small for the lunch so you tear off another piece and thats too small as well..ffs

Eventually getting my son to go to bed and then he informs me that tomorrow is no uniform day so have to get clothes out for him and then I have to pay for it aswell..FFS

If I hear the word MAM again tonight I am applying for Lone Parents Allowance..Im sure id qualify FFUUU*S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

When I start to believe what I've pontificated on :pac:

I woke up and was convinced myself it was time to get up but it wasn't. I'm wide awake now and have wasted precious sleeping time!

Driving to school and had just gotten off the roundabout when 2 cars decided they would pass me out straight away. I'm so sorry I'm driving a 13 year old car that can't manage to go from 0 to 100kmph in 10 seconds like your bloody merc/bmw/audi. I did enjoy the fact that they got stuck behind a super slow car for a good few miles almost straight away though. It made me feel better.

But people should not piss me off in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Last night I went to brush my teeth and remembered I'd no toothpaste left.
    I cannot bear to go to bed without brushing so I just had to chew a sugar-free chewing gum and brush with water. Better than nothing, I suppose.

I also forgot to take a loaf of bread out of the freezer last night and if I take one out now it won't be defrosted in time for lunch so I have to buy another loaf now.

But I will only eat two slices today so the sensible part of me is telling me to freeze the rest but then when the day comes to defrost it, I will forget.
    Then I will buy another loaf. Then the whole vicious circle continues.

I also hate making polite chit-chat.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a really friendly person and I get along with most people.
    But take last night for example;

I was visiting a relative in hospital and popped out for a smoke.
    I was standing in the shelter and this woman was standing there too.
    I was really tired (worry is a very tiring thing), I'd eaten nothing in hours and my eyes were all gritty and scratchy. I wasn't in the mood for small talk.

But no, she decides to start up a pointless conversation about the weather, what she's in hospital for, asking why I'm there, blah blah.
    I wasn't rude to her; I feigned interest but I just wanted to be left alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Fcuking ear, blocked up, again! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What!

I got water in my ear last week in the shower. Ear was blocked all day and no amount of palm slapping it or tilting my head like a 90s raver did anything.
    Then when I lay down to sleep, gravity seemed to do the trick and POP the water came out.
    Hope yours becomes unblocked soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ah hear....sorry to here that.

(I am half deaf BTW, been getting these jokes lobbed my way for years!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Stupid bullshit marketing language - "why talent says yes" - what? Fortune favours brave etc. F*ck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Being in hospital and only other patient on ward having curtain round their bed. How annoying. Doesn't she know she's here to keep me company? ;)

• Advertisement

Being in hospital and only other patient on ward having curtain round their bed. How annoying. Doesn't she know she's here to keep me company? ;)

I always feel put out when someone does that.
    I could understand someone doing it at night if they're trying to sleep (although I know you're not really supposed to because the nurses have to be able to see you), but I don't get why patients do it during the day.
    It's very anti-social.

Speaking of hospitals, is there anything more awkward than visiting someone and all is quiet until another patient has to use a commode?

Don't get me wrong, obviously if a person has to use one fair enough, but isn't it so awkward when you're up visiting your Mam or your fella and someone starts ar*e spluttering and then the SMELL fills the room?
    You try to chat and ignore it but we all know. We all smell.

It's only Wednesday.

Tiredness.

Too close to Christmas, nothing done.

Having to untangle earphones every morning.

No chance of promotion for the next decade as work in a PS body that favours service for the sake of service over actual skill, merit or experience. Waiting for a job opening is like waiting for dinosaurs to become extinct again.

My calculator doesn't have that button where you can just clear the last figure you entered - you have to start again.

People who spray perfume/deodorant at their desk.

People who open windows on public transport then get off five minutes later, leaving the windows open.

My glasses are too lose and too tight at the same time. They manage to slide down on one side while still pinching the back of my ear.

When someone interrupts you during a yawn or a really nice stretch.

This is possibly the thing that annoys me most: when you are having a meal with someone and you say something, and they wait until after you have put a forkful of food into your mouth to say, "what?" - raaaaaaaaaage. And then you think, well f*ck you anyway I'll wait til I've swallowed to repeat it, and in the meatime, they respond, which means they f*cking heard the question/comment the first time anyway! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

KatW4 wrote: »
    I woke up and was convinced myself it was time to get up but it wasn't. I'm wide awake now and have wasted precious sleeping time!
    I woke up at 3 this morning and was very confused. It wasn't a weekday but it definitely wasn't the weekend. And is that clock saying it's 3am or 3pm? If it was 3pm, I'd be in work, but it's not a weekday. But it's not the weekend either. Oh wait...

I suppose it's better than the usual insomnia that I suffer from. When you wake up, at least you know you've been asleep.

There is a little fly, the size of a pinhead flying around me now.

I cannot understand what their usefulness in life is unless it is to drive me bonkers.

I am flaying my arms like there is no tomorrow. And two minutes later, back it comes again to fly into my head.

God what the F?

Many small insects are the sole food source for amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. They can also be useful for things like pollination and decomposition :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA'd at the lowered BMW that was driving in front of me this morning. It was one of those that had to come to a crawl to get over a speed bump, and do the drive up and off the speed bump at different angles.
    If I was behind it for one or 2 bumps, I would probably not write this, but it was in a grueling section of Ballyfermot that has about 20, and they are not the small type either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Always find it strange when people really accelerate almost all the way up to a speed bump, then hit the brakes hard to go over it safely, then repeat it all for the next speed bump, which might be only 50 or 60 metres down the road..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

When people queue up to get the bus. What's the point? As soon as it pulls up everyone mills on as fast as they can anyway.

The way people all start to inch forward like zombies when the luas/bus approaches.

Also, the way I can be waiting ages for a tram and there is nobody around then all of a sudden, fifty f*ckers appear from nowhere waiting to get on. Where were they hiding?

Also, (and this drives me twitchy angry), when you get onto a tram and there are 2 seats, say one just before the circle part that moves (like an accordian) and one just behind that. So, there is one person in front of you and you think they would take the second seat and you could take the nearest one but no, they decide to take the nearest one but not only that, it takes them so f*cking long to get to it and get out of the way, that someone has a chance to approach from the other side and take the far seat. twitch twitch

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    TA'd at the lowered BMW that was driving in front of me this morning. It was one of those that had to come to a crawl to get over a speed bump, and do the drive up and off the speed bump at different angles.
    If I was behind it for one or 2 bumps, I would probably not write this, but it was in a grueling section of Ballyfermot that has about 20, and they are not the small type either.

I have to do that in my car, soz bbz :P

OldNotWIse wrote:
    Too close to Christmas, nothing done.

OldNotWIse wrote:
    Tiredness.

I know exactly how u feel :( these early mornings are really taking a toll on me, and the the thoughts of starting Xmas shopping soon... Has to be done and I know once I start, I'll get into the spirit quick enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have to do that in my car, soz bbz :P

http://img.memecdn.com/lower-your-car-they-said_o_807206.jpg

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Mine isn't lowered, it's just that it's a 21 year old sports car, suspension wouldn't be its strong point!

My BMW boots over them and you barely even feel a bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A man in the radio earlier discussing "serene" refugees. He said they "kem" to kos on a Mundah, or maybe chewsdeh.

Mine isn't lowered, it's just that it's a 21 year old sports car, suspension wouldn't be its strong point!

My BMW boots over them and you barely even feel a bump!

I'm just proud and relieved when my Fiat makes it over one of them in one piece :pac:

Someone was complaining in here recently about shipping packages. That is now my TA!

I have a package on the way to me... shipped from US on 10th October.

Tracking details tell me "Estimated delivery Saturday, Oct 17, 2015 - Saturday, Oct 24, 2015" . Package with destination carrier".

Useless....absolutely useless having tracking information this vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Tatoos of stars on the neck!
    What's the point? Anyone know the significance of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A man in the radio earlier discussing "serene" refugees. He said they "kem" to kos on a Mundah, or maybe chewsdeh.

I does the lohho of a Sahurdah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    Someone was complaining in here recently about shipping packages. That is now my TA!

I have a package on the way to me... shipped from US on 10th October.

Tracking details tell me "Estimated delivery Saturday, Oct 17, 2015 - Saturday, Oct 24, 2015" . Package with destination carrier".

Useless....absolutely useless having tracking information this vague.

Is it the watch? Maybe its been held somewhere due to the loud ticking coming from the package:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Scumbag alert.

See also: tattoos of dead relatives

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    Is it the watch? Maybe its been held somewhere due to the loud ticking coming from the package:p

No, it's a rake of led bulbs. Perhaps they think it is ied...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Usually teamed with McKenzie sportswear by chav types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Had an absolute **** attack on a roundabout when a Merc which lined up on my right decided to take the 2nd exit from the inside lane nearly wiping me out in the process.

Multi-storey carparks.
    It's not often I use them but I had to today as I was visiting a relative in hospital.

The building is four storeys. Each level had ZERO car spaces.
    I circled each level twice before I eventually found a space. My nerves were gone as I turned each tight corner in the carpark.

This gombeen of a woman decided to stop in the middle of one lane talking on her phone and when I gestured to her as if to say "What are you doing?!" she mouthed at me to eff off.

Then when I was in the shop buying a bottle of water, the shop assistant never greeted me or thanked me or handed me my change; she just slammed it on the counter and sighed heavily.

Asked a doctor how my relative was doing and he was quite snippy and abrupt with me.

I left the hospital feeling a bit teary. I'm a nice person and I've been awful worried about my relative since they've been in hospital.
    People being rude and snidey just make me feel worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Me being the big sci-fi nut that I am, I should be having great craic today of all days but instead I'm in a right foul mood for various reasons and wish everybody was dead and that's annoying me because it's not like this date'll come around again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Someone I know has posted at least 5 or 6 Back to the Future themed FB updates today.

Also, I promised I'd cook us something from scratch tonight, but now I'm tired and want pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

TA'd that my 3 year old has picked up some swear words recently. I swear alot but ive always monitored it and watched what i was saying around her so i dont know where shes after getting it from.

She was doing a jigsaw today and realised some of the pieces were missing.

She stood over the puzzle, analysed the situation, put her two hands on her hips, took a deep breath and calmly but seriously said to me "we have a fcuking problem mam"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Received a wedding invitation yesterday. I sat down to read through it last night, and what did I spot? A spelling mistake. What a major boo boo. If they were mine I'd demand they be done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I got a few days temping as a receptionist in an office where I used to work and I was delighted with myself! Today though, I came across two idiots (to be fair, I have to say that most people are lovely). I gave a client a newspaper and he sat down and said to me ''oh David Norris is backing gay cousins getting married now, I mean I'm all for equality but that's ridiculous'', so I thought to myself, well that's fair enough, I mean cousins is a bit much, gay or not, so I agreed. Then he comes out with ''you see this is the problem with the yes vote and the referendum, it has opened up a whole can of worms, you'll have a situation soon where men can marry horses, it's ridiculous!''. I had to bite my tongue so hard not to say anything :P

Then in the afternoon a guy rings and asks to speak to a solicitor, any solicitor, so I asked him if he was a client and he said no, then I asked him what the matter is in relation to (because different solicitors deal with different issues, such as litigation, employment law, family law etc) and he got really angry and asked if he had to pay to talk to a solicitor, then someone else rang in so I asked him if I could put him on hold and he was like ''I suppose so, if you have to'', and then I got back to him 30 seconds later and I asked him if I could have his name, and he flipped out and said he'd already given it to me (he hadn't) but I just said ''oh I'm sorry, I mustn't have written it down and then he said ''well you're a fcuking idiot, aren't you'' and hung up. Knocked my confidence and I'd been feeling so proud of myself for doing a good job, asshole :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

After making ****e of me leg :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I got a few days temping as a receptionist in an office where I used to work and I was delighted with myself! Today though, I came across two idiots (to be fair, I have to say that most people are lovely). I gave a client a newspaper and he sat down and said to me ''oh David Norris is backing gay cousins getting married now, I mean I'm all for equality but that's ridiculous'', so I thought to myself, well that's fair enough, I mean cousins is a bit much, gay or not, so I agreed. Then he comes out with ''you see this is the problem with the yes vote and the referendum, it has opened up a whole can of worms, you'll have a situation soon where men can marry horses, it's ridiculous!''. I had to bite my tongue so hard not to say anything :P

Then in the afternoon a guy rings and asks to speak to a solicitor, any solicitor, so I asked him if he was a client and he said no, then I asked him what the matter is in relation to (because different solicitors deal with different issues, such as litigation, employment law, family law etc) and he got really angry and asked if he had to pay to talk to a solicitor, then someone else rang in so I asked him if I could put him on hold and he was like ''I suppose so, if you have to'', and then I got back to him 30 seconds later and I asked him if I could have his name, and he flipped out and said he'd already given it to me (he hadn't) but I just said ''oh I'm sorry, I mustn't have written it down and then he said ''well you're a fcuking idiot, aren't you'' and hung up. Knocked my confidence and I'd been feeling so proud of myself for doing a good job, asshole :(

Bad day at the office. Don't take any heed. Just smile while you are talking to them. They are stressed out of their heads, and take it out on you. FACT.

I worked in a job where I'd get all sorts roaring down the phone at me. At the first sign of a rant, I used to put the phone gently on my desk, (I could hear the ranter), and when silence ensued, I would lift up phone from said desk and say something like, "thank you sir/madam, I'm sorry, but the line went a bit odd there, could you maybe tell me again and I will do everything I can to help you". The fight goes out of em after a while.

I don't blame them, I have been that person. I often felt very sorry that I had a go at the person on the end of the phone. Silence is a good thing. Let them talk and then help.

Hope tomorrow is better for you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement