Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Menas wrote: »
    No! A good quality soft towel is the absolute business for drying yourself. When I am in hotels I hate using their cheap bleached sandpaper towels....end up using a hair dryer to dry myself!

Oops, we will have to agree to disagree so :eek:

Soft towels are awful for me. They slick down my body and don't dry it either. Alright if you are in a very hot country and just wrap it around yourself that's fine, but otherwise, fek that, give me a towel that will dry me quick! But each to their own I suppose lol.

I must have a thick skin or something.

My thought for the day is the person who was walking in front of me today.

Well Slingeing along, (do any of you remember that word, my mother does and gave me hell for doing it aswell when I was a kid)

You know.... rambling along and the whole world is behind you wishing you would just walk a bit faster so I can get by you, you self absorbed muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oops, we will have to agree to disagree so :eek:

Soft towels are awful for me. They slick down my body and don't dry it either. Alright if you are in a very hot country and just wrap it around yourself that's fine, but otherwise, fek that, give me a towel that will dry me quick! But each to their own I suppose lol.

I must have a thick skin or something.

You won't have any skin left if you keep on drying yourself with sandpaper towels! :D:D

*makes note to send Spanish her oul towels*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cheap toilet roll.

I will eat supermarket own brand foods (in fact I buy a lot of them because they're often the same high quality as their branded counterparts), I will go to a garage I know has cheaper petrol even if it's a bit out of my way, I will even add veg to meat dinners to bulk them out, but I will not scrimp on loo roll.

I have, in the past, bought those multi-roll bales for a fiver but they're not thick enough, there's not enough sheets on the roll so you end up changing them too often and here's the crux..they make my bum itch!

I can't tell you the amount of times I've been standing, cross-legged in the vegetable aisle of my local Tesco, hoping I can navigate one buttock to slide up against the other to scratch my itch, only for it to become even more itchy and it's all I can do to stop myself giving myself a right good scratch over the parsnips.

The toilet roll also clumps into little balls and God help you if you should need a sheet or two to blow your nose; I can't tell you the amount of times I've blown my nose, only for two fingers to poke through like straws in a Coke.

No.
    And I will only use Cushelle.
    I've tried Andrex, hell I'm probably a connoisseur on loo roll...only Cushelle is soft enough for my bum.

fussyonion wrote: »
    You won't have any skin left if you keep on drying yourself with sandpaper towels! :D:D

*makes note to send Spanish her oul towels*

Jayzis thanks so much!

I reckon I am exfoliating or whatever the word of the day is re all this mullarkey. LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I can't tell you the amount of times I've been standing, cross-legged in the vegetable aisle of my local Tesco, hoping I can navigate one buttock to slide up against the other to scratch my itch, only for it to become even more itchy and it's all I can do to stop myself giving myself a right good scratch over the parsnips.

I'm not buying my parsnips in your local Tesco :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm not buying my parsnips in your local Tesco :eek:

Feck that. It is just the excuse I needed never to buy a parsnip again. I am sure fussyonion has a fine clean bottom...but still!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Feck that. It is just the excuse I needed never to buy a parsnip again. I am sure fussyonion has a fine clean bottom...but still!

As my username is Ted. It is my duty to say they all have lovely clean bottoms.

One of the best and maddest (is that a word?)thread on Boards.

We come back day after day after day with our moans and TAs.

Who'd a thunk the world would drive us so mad!

But it does, and it's healthy.... better out than in!

One of the best and maddest (is that a word?)thread on Boards.

We come back day after day after day with our moans and TAs.

Who'd a thunk the world would drive us so mad!

If we did ever have a TA meetup I would pity the poor barman serving us...the amount of returned drinks and complaints about the ambiance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

This is the argument I always give when I fart

If we did ever have a TA meetup I would pity the poor barman serving us...the amount of returned drinks and complaints about the ambiance..

I betcha we would be pussycats in real life :D

Here is where we can sound off and keep ourselves somewhat sane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And the fecking WIFI and craft beers.And too many teles. And the music being too loud. And the price of a feckin pint :D

And the fecking WIFI and craft beers.And too many teles. And the music being too loud. And the price of a feckin pint :D

Dont get me going on the hard seats...and the cheap toilet paper!

I did a double take there. That is me!

Apart from the craft beers though, never get nice wine in a pub. boo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Cheap toilet roll.

I will eat supermarket own brand foods (in fact I buy a lot of them because they're often the same high quality as their branded counterparts), I will go to a garage I know has cheaper petrol even if it's a bit out of my way, I will even add veg to meat dinners to bulk them out, but I will not scrimp on loo roll.

I have, in the past, bought those multi-roll bales for a fiver but they're not thick enough, there's not enough sheets on the roll so you end up changing them too often and here's the crux..they make my bum itch!

The toilet roll also clumps into little balls and God help you if you should need a sheet or two to blow your nose; I can't tell you the amount of times I've blown my nose, only for two fingers to poke through like straws in a Coke.

No.
    I've tried Andrex, hell I'm probably a connoisseur on loo roll...only Cushelle is soft enough for my bum.

I'd never skimp on the toilet roll but tesco does do a nice tikka masala ready meal, something the local takeaway has yet to master. In-laws in town for graduation tomorrow so I clean the house and then make a show off myself because everything M in law mentions is recently broken (hair dryer/Iron) or tempermental (Kettle). Had the place spotless and my stuff ready for tomorrow and I can't make some coffee or blow dry my hair goddamn :( Hope tomorrow goes well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cheap toilet roll.

No.

:D:D

People being all bubbly when I am sleepy. Gooooo awaaaaaaaaaaay :(

Yes maybe if I was on your salary and doing as little work as you I'd be fúckin bubbly too now píss off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mrs. Bap doesn't understand how I take so long in the loo role aisle in Dunnes.
    If I see a new brand name jacks roll, I'm going to give is a squeeze and compare it against the other known good ones. If there was a jacks there I would even give it a test run. Now I end up getting the one with the picture of the white cat after all my aisle research.

I don't know where my mother gets her one with pictures of daisies on it, but it's a fine quilt.

Bad jacks roll is actually way worse than a TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Knee sore again, hasn't bothered me in a few weeks. Taught I was getting a good run of it. Looks like back to the physio again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

People being narky at you over the phone. I could understand if it was for our error, but 9 times out of 10 its because they've made a hash of things and want to rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

My thought for the day is the person who was walking in front of me today.

Well Slingeing along, (do any of you remember that word, my mother does and gave me hell for doing it aswell when I was a kid)

You know.... rambling along and the whole world is behind you wishing you would just walk a bit faster so I can get by you, you self absorbed muppet.

Those feckin dawdlers are everywhere lately. They're like zombies.

My job.

^

I know the feeling.

It's the Friday going into a bank holiday weekend but I don't feel any sort of excitement for it. I just want to go home and be as far away from my job as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm guessing a meetup wouldn't happen, because everybody would be so TA with the choice of venue. We'd all end up drinking alone in our preferred watering hole.

Clegg wrote: »
    ^

I know the feeling.

It's the Friday going into a bank holiday weekend but I don't feel any sort of excitement for it. I just want to go home and be as far away from my job as possible.

Likewise. My job is grand and all but it's beyond boring. Doesn't help that I bore easily. I've even asked managers from other depts if they want any more hands on deck. One said he would send a bit of work my way. Plus there is a very public sector mentality here, service for the sake of service rather than merit, skill, qualification, experience. Everyone knows they will get promotion A if they are here X amount of time. Everyone knows they'll gat a pay rise on X date regardless of attendance or performance. Result - zero incentive to better oneself - why would you when the pleb beside you will get promoted because he or she is here longer.

*hits the snooze button again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Clegg wrote: »
    ^

I know the feeling.

Ditto.I finished up yesterday and have a week off,I honestly feel so drained and tired that I think i will end up spending the week at home with as little interaction with the outside world as possible.I had planned on doing lots of stuff but Ive lost the will to live due to dealing with a constant stream of assholes for the last few weeks.People are just impossible to deal with at the moment:(

TAd at how slippy the footpaths in town get when its raining..its like an ice rink in there today so I was trying to stay upright and control an umbrella and carry my bags and find the fecking carpark ticket and my car keys...is it wine time yet?:(

Oh and the school is on a half day ..It might actually be easier to be in work:pac:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Likewise. My job is grand and all but it's beyond boring. Doesn't help that I bore easily. I've even asked managers from other depts if they want any more hands on deck. One said he would send a bit of work my way. Plus there is a very public sector mentality here, service for the sake of service rather than merit, skill, qualification, experience. Everyone knows they will get promotion A if they are here X amount of time. Everyone knows they'll gat a pay rise on X date regardless of attendance or performance. Result - zero incentive to better oneself - why would you when the pleb beside you will get promoted because he or she is here longer.

*hits the snooze button again :(
    This is the crucial bit for me. If my job were the least bit interesting I wouldn't mind so much. I wouldn't even mind being on a smaller salary than lesser qualified staff. Ok that last bit might be a fib

Colser wrote: »
    Ditto.I finished up yesterday and have a week off,I honestly feel so drained and tired that I think i will end up spending the week at home with as little interaction with the outside world as possible.I had planned on doing lots of stuff but Ive lost the will to live due to dealing with a constant stream of assholes for the last few weeks.People are just impossible to deal with at the moment:(

TAd at how slippy the footpaths in town get when its raining..its like an ice rink in there today so I was trying to stay upright and control an umbrella and carry my bags and find the fecking carpark ticket and my car keys...is it wine time yet?:(

Oh and the school is on a half day ..It might actually be easier to be in work:pac:

It's always wine time :P

• Advertisement

It's always wine time :P

I suppose I better do the school run first:D

I suppose I better do the school run first:D

Would you mind collecting my wee fella too? It looks cold out there and I dont want to be cold...

Would you mind collecting my wee fella too? It looks cold out there and I dont want to be cold...

Are you on the wine too? :D

I'm guessing a meetup wouldn't happen, because everybody would be so TA with the choice of venue. We'd all end up drinking alone in our preferred watering hole.
    Sure no one could be TAd at meeting up in Cork?:confused:;)

Not a bother Menas..open a bottle of red there I wont be long...:D

Are you on the wine too? :D
    Not a bother Menas..open a bottle of red there I wont be long...:D

If only I was on the wine already!
    I have a big night out tonight so better behave myself until then. :(

• Advertisement

It's lunchtime...ish

Wine for everyone!!

TA that I am reminded of a big night out I was meant to have the week before last. I had it planned for ages. Last night of freedom before college resumed and made sure I had plenty of sleep beforehand, drank lots of water, spent ages getting ready and then...the plebs that we went out with sat there drinking water and headed off home at 11 to watch movies. What is the point of even going out if you're gonna be like that?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

A TA meet up in Cork would suit me perfectly too, and like you said, nobody could complain about coming to the lovely rebel county :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fcukers up your arse watching you checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

It depends, where is it?:D

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Down south, beside Kerry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

There was a disproportionately high number of 2nd and 3rd preference colored/flavored sweets relative to my 1st preference sweets.

This triviality annoys me.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Down south, beside Kerry.

Posts reported:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Medusa22 wrote: »
    A TA meet up in Cork would suit me perfectly too, and like you said, nobody could complain about coming to the lovely rebel county :D

Ah Cork is lovely. Been there twice, once for a hen and then once with my husband in a place near Skibbereen called "Cottages for Couples". They are these cool little cottages with jaccuzi rooms and stuff.

We went out for a meal in a chinese there and my husband is always giving out because i dont try new foods often. Hes always going on about it which really TAs me. Anyway he thought he was great ordering some unusual sounding dish on the menu. It was called something "in clay pot". It came out and it literally looked like swamp in a bowl. It was even bubbling up. I was delighted, i was like "go on, dig in, im sure you are dying to try out your new food" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'm trying to help your morning!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

TA that I'm getting wound up by noise from what sounds like a small party next door - when they pretty much never have parties, and I'm up anyway, and nowhere near bedtime, so they're not really bothering me. Why am I even getting wound up?

Because you also want to have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Great now my bathroom has a leak and my future mother in law is going to be here in a little over an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The fact that the UK doesn't have a bank holiday this weekend. I could do with a snooze on Monday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

People on the dart who sit on an outside seat even though the window seat is free. You have to weave around them if you wish to sit down

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Mrs. Bap doesn't understand how I take so long in the loo role aisle in Dunnes.
    If I see a new brand name jacks roll, I'm going to give is a squeeze and compare it against the other known good ones. If there was a jacks there I would even give it a test run. Now I end up getting the one with the picture of the white cat after all my aisle research.

I don't know where my mother gets her one with pictures of daisies on it, but it's a fine quilt.

Bad jacks roll is actually way worse than a TA.

That sounds like the Regina brand. Applegreen service stations often have them on special offer.

It's great going in to pay for the diesel and throw a jax roll in there aswell will ya. Thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement