Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Loud typing.

CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK

help me...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That sounds like the Regina brand. Applegreen service stations often have them on special offer.

It's great going in to pay for the diesel and throw a jax roll in there aswell will ya. Thanks.

I don't think my mother shops in Applegreen.....but kudos on the brand info :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I don't think my mother shops in Applegreen.....but kudos on the brand info :)

No bother, and just for you, here are some little piccies (scroll down...) :D

http://www.regina.eu/regina_gb/interna.asp?id=3104&id2=3096&id3=3098&id4=3100&langtype=1033

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No bother, and just for you, here are some little piccies (scroll down...) :D

http://www.regina.eu/regina_gb/interna.asp?id=3104&id2=3096&id3=3098&id4=3100&langtype=1033

I should be posting in the non TA thread about how overjoyed I am now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A woman walked so close on my heels down one aisle and round into the next in Supervalu, that I thought it was someone I knew trying to wind me up for the laugh. I had to stop up and pretend to be looking at something to shake her off.
    I put fish in my handbag, and now it smells of fish. What did I expect I suppose :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

rosie16 wrote: »
    They've changed hotmail/outlook whatever the hell it is again. I'm only after getting used to the new version (new as in last 2 years). I was very upset when I logged in.

I'm not finished giving out about this-ha! The autofill in the search bar has changed. I was wondering why it wasn't coming up when i'd type: 'dub'. It's now 'out' for outlook. This f***ing thing isn't giving me any positive outlook. Back in the day it used be hotmail plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Mrs. Bap doesn't understand how I take so long in the loo role aisle in Dunnes.
    If I see a new brand name jacks roll, I'm going to give is a squeeze and compare it against the other known good ones. If there was a jacks there I would even give it a test run. Now I end up getting the one with the picture of the white cat after all my aisle research.

I don't know where my mother gets her one with pictures of daisies on it, but it's a fine quilt.

Bad jacks roll is actually way worse than a TA.

I remember some years(cough cough)back when I started in my job, the bog roll was shiny on one side and not smooth on the other, (something like tracing paper) it didn't wipe, it smeared...and it had the jobs name printed on each piece, like you were ever going to nick it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

73Cat wrote: »
    A woman walked so close on my heels down one aisle and round into the next in Supervalu, that I thought it was someone I knew trying to wind me up for the laugh. I had to stop up and pretend to be looking at something to shake her off.
    I put fish in my handbag, and now it smells of fish. What did I expect I suppose :(

Wonder was it the same woman following me around my local Supervalu - only thing was when I stopped, she insisted on trying to get to the exact same spot on the shelf I was looking at!!!

Lots of TAs in the supermarket today, bank holidays seem to bring out the worst of people, well even worse than usual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Medusa22 wrote: »
    A TA meet up in Cork would suit me perfectly too, and like you said, nobody could complain about coming to the lovely rebel county :D

Me too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Wonder was it the same woman following me around my local Supervalu - only thing was when I stopped, she insisted on trying to get to the exact same spot on the shelf I was looking at!!!

Lots of TAs in the supermarket today, bank holidays seem to bring out the worst of people, well even worse than usual!

This drives me mad. I swear to God you could stand in front of anything and people will decide they want whatever is behind you. There could be an entire aisle of the same thing and they will still want what you are standing in front of :(

selous wrote: »
    I remember some years(cough cough)back when I started in my job, the bog roll was shiny on one side and not smooth on the other, (something like tracing paper) it didn't wipe, it smeared...and it had the jobs name printed on each piece, like you were ever going to nick it...

Commonly known as John Wayne toilet paper when I was in college: it's rough, tough and takes sh1t from nobody :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My trip to the bank this afternoon was very annoying. First, there was a queue that moved at snail's pace. There were only two cashiers, working in slow motion. There was a kid in front of me screaming and a creepy old man behind me standing too close. Eventually got served after a lot of muttering and grumbling and then as I walked up the street, I saw a blind man trying to cross the road. I offered to help him across, which he accepted, but then asked if I could walk him to the bank. No problem. Then he asked if I could accompany him in. No problem. Then he asked if I could accompany him to the end of the queue. I was twitching waiting for him to ask me to queue again but thankfully he left it there! :P

That's very good of you ONW!

Keeping the supermarket theme going, part of the reason for me having to endure being stalked and TA'd by shopping this morning, I bought some cream this morning to make a cake. Got home to find the lid wasn't on the bottle properly and it was leaking slightly, it spilled in the bag which will have to be thrown away as you never get the smell of dairy out and now I have to go back to get more as I still need it for the cake!

And something tells me it will be worse in supermarket with after work bank holiday shoppers :(

That sounds like the toilet paper we had in primary school, nasty stuff altogether :(

I'm sick of the mornings getting darker. I hate waking and the room is so dark I think it's about 5am. Looking at the clock then I see it's almost time to get up, fecks sake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This drives me mad. I swear to God you could stand in front of anything and people will decide they want whatever is behind you. There could be an entire aisle of the same thing and they will still want what you are standing in front of :(
    I put my bag on the ground to try on a jacket the other day and this WAN moved it with her foot to squeeze in front of me where there was no room anyway for her..She took one look at me said "Oh sorry" and moved on rapidly..If I had a gun....
    I find the shop assistants do it too,putting stuff back on rails that Im looking at and taking their time about it. Is it me or them??(No need to answer that:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Women with a chiffon thing tied around their neck
    And knotted at the side....thinking they look French.
    Usually smothered in crappy perfume as well.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Commonly known as John Wayne toilet paper when I was in college: it's rough, tough and takes sh1t from nobody :D
    73Cat wrote: »
    That sounds like the toilet paper we had in primary school, nasty stuff altogether :(

This thread has gone to shyte tbh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that the M50 was closed and traffic diverted to my neighbourhood. 80 minute journey to collect my son....all 3 miles of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

nicki11 wrote: »
    Great now my bathroom has a leak and my future mother in law is going to be here in a little over an hour

O.k so you've a leak in the bathroom, but look on the bright side. You can plug in the toaster outside and accidentally throw it into the bathroom once the Mother in Law goes in there. The wet floor should do the rest......:pac:

• Advertisement

I over cooked the salmon:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Some of the most recent posts moved away from the toilet roll topic, so I'll bring it back in focus with a very emotional post because, let's be honest, there are priorities in life. Toilet paper is one of them, and I tend to drive my OH insane when I get nervous knowing that we only have 1 spare roll in the house....you never know what will happen.

However, this constant worry about the precious loo paper isn't the actual problem but the fact that the toilet in our place has a rather weak flush. It doesn't take too long to refill, but might need several goes depending what you created or, more importantly, how much toilet paper you used. The more you use, the more likely it is to get blocked which then requires me to open up some strange lid in the garden and pull the whole mess out of the blocked pipe. Since we realised that the beloved 3 ply roll is out of question and I need to fight the urge to "go wild" on the potty.

Similar one.
    I was finished the shopping and walkin out of Dunnes with my trolly earlier and 4 young scobies walked out in front of me, walking briskly I caught up with them 3 moved out of my way an one little scut slowed down, I moved left he did too, I moved right, he did, and a little look behind him with a giggle to his mates, guess who lost his heels then, whoops, im soo sorry.....little sh1t:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I saw a blind man trying to cross the road. I offered to help him across, which he accepted, but then asked if I could walk him to the bank. No problem. Then he asked if I could accompany him in. No problem. Then he asked if I could accompany him to the end of the queue. I was twitching waiting for him to ask me to queue again but thankfully he left it there! :P

I wonder was he wiping his @rse in Fairview Park earlier in the morning ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My TA for the foreseeable - No more Friday night glass of wine :(

I've bought 2 bottles of non alcoholic beer. I don't even like beer! I have to 'water' it down with 7up just to make it palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went to Tesco to buy some wine. The guy at the cashier looked at my ID and my bf (who is 7 months younger than me) laughed and said "ah sure she's about 30" :O the absolute git!!! I'm only 25 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Eating spaghetti

Need I say any more...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

KatW4 wrote: »
    Went to Tesco to buy some wine. The guy at the cashier looked at my ID and my bf (who is 7 months younger than me) laughed and said "ah sure she's about 30" :O the absolute git!!! I'm only 25 :(

There a few months back i was in Tesco Myself with the lads picking up drink for the night.

I was the only one who did not get ID to make it worse i was the youngest LoL.

Telling you having a beard is the best thing ever you don't get ID anywhere :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Telling you having a beard is the best thing ever you don't get ID anywhere .

As a girl, I don't think I'll be growing a beard to avoid being ID'd ha :p

Eating spaghetti

Need I say any more...?

Getting a fit of coughing with a mouthful of Uncle Bens rice..:eek:

• Advertisement

Another thing that annoys me is your man on facebook.

Mr Cian Twomey It was funny there a few months back but its just the same thing everyday more or less in his videos and he cant come up with any other new ideas its just about him being Emily thats it. Try have a small bit of a range like !!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Another thing that annoys me is your man on facebook.

Mr Cian Twomey It was funny there a few months back but its just the same thing everyday more or less in his videos and he cant come up with any other new ideas its just about him being Emily thats it. Try have a small bit of a range like !!!.

Go fcuk yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

O.k so you've a leak in the bathroom, but look on the bright side. You can plug in the toaster outside and accidentally throw it into the bathroom once the Mother in Law goes in there. The wet floor should do the rest......:pac:

Might be a bit far I actually like her (shes more supportive then my own sometimes) and I'm more worried about his other relatives, though she was commenting that its tidier then normal, which annoys me because I always make sure its clean and its like shes calling it a tip though she covers it by saying she doesn't mean that, shes already said it in front of everyone so they probably think so :) maybe I'm being sensitive but I hate when people make those comments like I'm a bad partner/women or something :(

I am TA'ed with myself for giving a taxi driver a 7euro tip last night. He was a nice polite fella and all, but why on earth do I give generous tips when I am a little tipsy (ie, raging drunk)?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Let's just not use any punctuation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This is done by so many people I know so I'd say it's fairly common But I just can't stand when someone put salt on a dinner before they even taste it.

This happens out in restaurants as well, so I know it's not down to what my OH or I have cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

When I ask for lettuce in a sandwich at a deli I want lettuce not mixed leaves. Lunch ruined!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When I ask for lettuce in a sandwich at a deli I want lettuce not mixed leaves. Lunch ruined!

"Would you like butter on your sandwich?"

"Yes, I would, but you haven't fcukin got any!"

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Would you like butter on your sandwich?"

"Yes, I would, but you haven't fcukin got any!"
    But sure you wont believe its not butter;) Im the same eisy the taste of those margarine spreads turn my stomach.

• Advertisement

KBC bank.

Opened a account to find out you can't put cash into your account .....

A bank that doesn't take cash what next ? LoL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

We lose Billy Walsh but gain 4000 Syrians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Forgetting to get yourself something nice for lunch.

I was shopping and spotted a Mexican restaurant in the shopping centre as I was going up the escalator. I said to myself "I'll get a burrito on my way back".

Went off, did my bits and pieces, left the shopping centre; it was only as I was driving out into traffic that I realised I forgot my burrito.
    And that made me want it even more.

But I was stuck in traffic and I couldn't be bothered going back.
    Ended up having a wholegrain toasted sandwich....didn't hit the spot like a burrito would have :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

When in the kitchen.

Ah, a good friend approaches, Im sure they can see that I am using this facility and will wait the required 40 seconds for me to quickly finish before taking their turn, since they are evolved beyond baboon level and do have a modicum of patience.

But nae.

sorry can i just:
    -(open this press door in your face)
    -(push you aside like you're not even there)
    -(take your water/utensils/last cup)
    -(piss in your face)
    -(back you into a corner)

no you cant, now fvck off.

Yes your honor I killed him.

-20 years for you

Ah, but I said "sorry can I just".

-Oh ..... I see...well ...well....thats ok then, since saying 'sorry can I just' means you can do whatever you like, a bit like hazard lights allow a van driver to park anywhere he wants, thats how it works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

That Java updater thing pisses me off. I couldn't be bothered to update Java.

Also, AVG hassles me to restart my computer when it updates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

10 = Ten

100 = One hundred

1000 = One Thousand

10000 = What's this?

100000 = What's this?

1000000 = One million

On my nerves ever since I first learned to count.

• Advertisement

10 = Ten

100 = One hundred

1000 = One Thousand

10000 = What's this?

100000 = What's this?

1000000 = One million

I never noticed that before....and I know this is going to bug me now...dont know whether to thank you or curse you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,218 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

10 = Ten

100 = One hundred

1000 = One Thousand

10000 = What's this?

100000 = What's this?

1000000 = One million

Menas wrote: »
    I never noticed that before....and I know this is going to bug me now...dont know whether to thank you or curse you!

I can't help but get the feeling I'm missing something incredibly obvious here...

Is it something to to with bits, bytes, megabits and megabytes?

Has it something to do with Notavirus.exe being annoyed by antivirus software?

That's going to annoy me now for the evening! I love cryptology, spotting patterns and all that stuff, but I'm no good at riddles :o

I can't help but get the feeling I'm missing something incredibly obvious here...

Is it something to to with bits, bytes, megabits and megabytes?

Has it something to do with Notavirus.exe being annoyed by antivirus software?

That's going to annoy me now for the evening! I love cryptology and all that stuff, but I'm no good at riddles :o

I thought it was that ten thousand and a hundred thousand should be called one something.Now Im confused and a bit TAd as well (a very small bit but still..)

Colser wrote: »
    I thought it was that ten thousand and a hundred thousand should be called one something.

That what I think it is...and I am bugged. Why does a million get its own title? What it is not called a ten hundred thousand?
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,218 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Just turned on the beta out of curiosity on the touch site... jesus christ you'd want the thumbs of a child! :pac:

Nah, that's just not going to fly for me at all at all, the people still using m.boards will have a fit if their beloved "Boards on a diet" gets turned off in favour of this mobile data hungry monster! :eek:

EDIT: Trying to find the "Submit reply" button, 'twas hidden behind the page numbers button, and there's no attachment upload facility for screenshots either. It is still in beta I suppose in fairness.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement