Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    That what I think it is...and I am bugged. Why does a million get its own title? What it is not called a ten hundred thousand?
    !
    No the million is ok imo but the other two should have their own name as they are multiples of 10 similar to 100,1000 and 1000000.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Jars with tight lids. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I didn't like when a supervisor would demand a standard of work that he wouldn't be able to produce himself.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I didn't like when a supervisor would demand a standard of work that he wouldn't be able to produce himself.

When I can hear my boss on personal calls and see them on social media ect when Im snowed under with work Im fit to be tied.If I EVER see them on boards then that will be the final straw and I will do damage:mad::D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

I can't help but get the feeling I'm missing something incredibly obvious here...

Is it something to to with bits, bytes, megabits and megabytes?

Has it something to do with Notavirus.exe being annoyed by antivirus software?

That's going to annoy me now for the evening! I love cryptology spotting patterns and all that stuff, but I'm no good at riddles :o

I'm laughing to myself right now. I genuinely didn't complain about AVG just to make a reference to my name. That was a coincidence, I swear! :p:D

It's not a riddle and it has nothing to do with bits, bytes, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Colser wrote: »
    No the million is ok imo but the other two should have their own name as they are multiples of 10 similar to 100,1000 and 1000000.

Just be glad you're not French so!

Just be glad you're not French so!
    Pourquoi dis-tu cela?;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The Three network. Why did thy have to go and take over O2??? It was all working perfectly fine before they merged.
    Nothing but hassle with the network. No phone coverage for most of yesterday and today. Broadband is practically non existant also. Sick to the back teeth of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,218 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Check out miss fancy pants eh! :D

TA: Neighbours.

No, not the television soap (although that's also TA), but the bulb wrecker next door. I won't even... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The Three network. Why did thy have to go and take over O2??? It was all working perfectly fine before they merged.
    Nothing but hassle with the network. No phone coverage for most of yesterday and today. Broadband is practically non existant also. Sick to the back teeth of them.

I hate when that happens. Virgin has taken over UPC now also and I can't sign in to get my bills on their shítty website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When you are pulling into a filling station behind another car. There are 2 free pumps in line with each other. Instead of driving past the first one to go to the far one to allow you use the first one the other car will do a crap park job at the first one making it ultra awkward for you to have to squeeze by him to reach the other pump. :mad:

(Hope ye get the jist!!!)

When you are pulling into a filling station behind another car. There are 2 free pumps in line with each other. Instead of driving past the first one to go to the far one to allow you use the first one the other car will do a crap park job at the first one making it ultra awkward for you to have to squeeze by him to reach the other pump. :mad:

(Hope ye get the jist!!!)
    Im not just saying this on here I really would insist that he move up to the other pump. Thats beyond trivial imo

Quatre-vingt-dix-neuf par exemple?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

TA: Neighbours.

No, not the television soap (although that's also TA), but the bulb wrecker next door. I won't even... :(

Thats terrible jack. With a little understanding you can find the perfect blend. Neighbours should be there for one another. Thats when...good neighbours...become...good friends :p

Thats terrible jack. With a little understanding you can find the perfect blend. Neighbours should be there for one another. Thats when...good neighbours...become...good friends :p

:D:D:D Sorry Jack.Now tell us what they did to your bulb and we will come around and sort them out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My hairdresser is closing. I had my very first haircut with her and she really understood how I liked my hair especially because it's so big. Now I have to try and find someone new. :(

:D:D:D Sorry Jack.Now tell us what they did to your bulb and we will come around and sort them out:(

You'd best bring a bottle of wine Colser :D

Genuinely nice chap, but far too much "joie de vivre" for my liking. I was coming home from work the other night and he didn't seem his usual self, I was feckin' sorry I asked him afterwards was everything ok because he kept me talking for three hours, fascinating stories and all, but my ears just weren't able for it :o

I called over to do a few small jobs on his laptop tonight, and when I came back up to have my dinner, he called me about five times to come back over and show him how to do something or other on the laptop. Each time I got home I was praying he wouldn't call again :pac:

Now I'm sitting here with a glass of baileys and ice, and I'm hoping that's the last I've heard of him for tonight! :o

My wife usually entertains him, and just now I asked her would she say he was attractive (thinking of the other thread), and she said "Well, he's not ugly, something about him alright"... my wife, queen of the roundabout answer, there's another TA:

"What colour is grass?"

"Well it's not blue!"...

Just... :confused::(

They'd probably be well matched tbh, now I think about it :pac:

Are you jealous Jack?:confused:Its Saturday night and we are both drinking so no cryptic posts please:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Are you jealous Jack?:confused:Its Saturday night and we are both drinking so no cryptic posts please:pac:

Well he's "not ugly" but he's not tech savvy and slightly annoying so i think your alright Jack, no need to be jealous :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I went out for the Jazz and now I smell all smoke like. I reek of fags and i can't figure out why. It's too late to wash now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The clocks going back, or forward, or whatever the hell happened last night. It really is winter now...even feels colder this morning.

The clocks going back, or forward, or whatever the hell happened last night. It really is winter now...even feels colder this morning.

And its confusing as fcuk.Why do we have to put them back at all?

And its confusing as fcuk.Why do we have to put them back at all?

Its something to do with farmers. Do away with it for once and for all!:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Teafor two12345

Bus fare.

I woke up this morning in a tent, the young lad insisted on us having a camp out last night (two man tent in the living room), I tried to sneak off to a proper bed, but he was having none of it - "Oh you promised, you said you would!", etc...

Woke up this morning, I can't feel my back, I can feel pain, the tent is full of condensation, and the smell of stale farts... :(

I can't wait till I can move again, I'm outta here! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Last night's garlic chips are regurgitating in my stomach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

woke up after two days drinking without a hangover, felt like king of the world until I started noticing all the small little mistakes I was making just getting about my morning routine. starting to think i'm actually still drunk and the hangover train is choo-chooing its way down the tracks

strelok wrote: »
    woke up after two days drinking without a hangover, felt like king of the world until I started noticing all the small little mistakes I was making just getting about my morning routine. starting to think i'm actually still drunk and the hangover train is choo-chooing its way down the tracks

Should arrive around 11am Id say..unless theres a strike:D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Yes. 3.

I'm betting the majority of people didn't cop that I meant the phone company right away. I fecking hate companies that don't use a proper English (or whatever language) name for themselves. I feel like a twit saying it. Ironic that they took over one named O2 but at least that was ALMOST a name.

A couple of years ago Nike decided that their brand recognition was so strong that they didn't even need a name, and just used that slash thing for everything. Thank feck that didn't catch on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Slightly more than trivial - I somehow managed to unfollow this thread without realising! Lots to catch up on now!

• Advertisement

People who dont or cant or chose to ignore signs.

"Keep your dog on a leash" sign in our local park is generally obeyed. But the one person who chose to ignore it today has the one dog that decided I was a freindly dog lover and jumped up at me with his friendly muddy paws.
    He was a lovely dog though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

People who say the word hashtag out loud in everyday conversation should be lobotomised :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Waiting for people.

Told them I be there at 3.20 it is now 3.35 and no sign of them at all !!!.

I have been waiting for 20 mins now !!!! She can have 15 more mins otherwise I am heading home !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Waiting for people.

Told them I be there at 3.20 it is now 3.35 and no sign of them at all !!!.

I have been waiting for 20 mins now !!!! She can have 15 more mins otherwise I am heading home !!!

the hour went back so that's probably the root of the confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I am just having one of those days where I am so grumpy for no reason at all, I am annoying myself but I can't snap out of it. Nothing makes me happy today :mad: Then my wife insists on making plaster masks for Halloween so I made one and it fell apart and the place is a mess. I just want to eat loads of junk food and be left alone, but I can't because I've gained half a stone recently :(

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I am just having one of those days where I am so grumpy for no reason at all, I am annoying myself but I can't snap out of it. Nothing makes me happy today :mad: Then my wife insists on making plaster masks for Halloween so I made one and it fell apart and the place is a mess. I just want to eat loads of junk food and be left alone, but I can't because I've gained half a stone recently :(

Its that kinda day alright isnt it..its neither here nor there:( I backed out of going to the Jazz because I just couldnt be bothered.I told myself I would do a big clean up as I have the house to myself for a few hours but I actually fell asleep until the phone woke me. Its cold,Im tired and dont know if Im hungry or not..Id say the hour is after throwing us out of sync.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

What's with everyone offering people tastes of their dinner when out to eat ? I was out yesterday evening, and it starts. "Would you like a taste of this?" Aaaaargh, no I wouldn't , if I wanted to try it I would have ordered it myself FFS! Am I then supposed to feel duty bound to offer everyone a taste of my grub ? I don't share food. I held steadfast and left them all at it, and offered nattin to no one.

It always worries and irks me when I see people on dating sites using solo photos of their children as their profile photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

73Cat wrote: »
    What's with everyone offering people tastes of their dinner when out to eat ? I was out yesterday evening, and it starts. "Would you like a taste of this?" Aaaaargh, no I wouldn't , if I wanted to try it I would have ordered it myself FFS! Am I then supposed to feel duty bound to offer everyone a taste of my grub ? I don't share food. I held steadfast and left them all at it, and offered nattin to no one.

I hate being offered sloppy leftovers as well, when they've been interfered with. stuff like Bolognese when someones being rooting through it with a fork that's been in their mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

TA when someone gets annoyed at you for not doing exactly as they want you to do & ,then tries to blame there actions on you.

• Advertisement

I found out that my birthday surprise is going to be a trip to Auschwitz...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I found out that my birthday surprise is going to be a trip to Auschwitz...

Ha ha. I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Ha ha. I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out.

Only if they contain some gold fillings I hope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

How my hair feels when I remove the 15 million hairpins securing a two-day-old up-do. Ouchy and crawly. Worst!

mud wrote: »
    How my hair feels when I remove the 15 million hairpins securing a two-day-old up-do. Ouchy and crawly. Worst!

I hate that too..And the hedgehog look when it half keeps the shape of the upstyle.Its like straw:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I went out and got stupidly drunk. It's 4:15 and I have to be at musical rehearsals at 10. God help me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Waking up in a hotel for a p*ss at 3.30am and then not being able to get back to sleep because of a combination of my snoring kids and my fear of not waking when the alarm goes off at six. Decided to cut my losses and am now in the lobby drinking coffee. And now Mrs Scones is going to be TA around lunchtime when I'm going like some kind of zombie grizzly bear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

I dropped my last two eggs en route to the frying pan, stepping in a puddle of water leaking from the fridge at the same time. Now I have to change my perfectly picked socks and forrage for some other food :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When the kettle boils and the toaster pops at the same time.

• Advertisement

When you write a big long post but the thread is gone when you go to submit it.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement