Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Started a diet this morning and was fine for the first few hours. Now, I'm starving and don't know what to have for lunch :(

Yer man:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The fact that I feel more thirsty after the can of 7up I've just had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Clegg wrote: »

The fact that I now wish for a can of 7up with frightening intensity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

TA that the coffee machine in work is broken :( I just had some instant coffee but it's just not as nice. Thanks to the bad weather I can't go out to get a decent coffee either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When I read one of those MSN articles on saving money and realize that I already do 20 of the 22 slides. :(

Had a cup of tea to quench the 7up thirst and now my mouth is dry.

This has been a disaster of a day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,222 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

When I read one of those MSN articles on saving money and realize that I already do 20 of the 22 slides. :(

This crap! :mad:

This new way of presenting web pages. I don't like it. I have no idea the reasoning behind it, but suspect that somehow it's related to site traffic metrics and advertising.

Also, when in a bar having morning coffee, and I'm just about to pour the milk, when someone passes by behind me without so much as an 'excuse me', and knocks me forward, so I overshoot the coffee and end up pouring milk on the table, and then it looks like my fault!

Arsehole :(

People getting more money than me for doing the same job, simply because they are here longer :(

Nearly lunchtime, I know he will be waiting for me. He might even approach my desk if I am not around. What will I do? Hide in the bathroom and then go out for lunch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Canvassing. Not a peep from them for 4 years and then all of a sudden they are on your doorstep asking for support.

• Advertisement

EazyD wrote: »
    Canvassing. Not a peep from them for 4 years and then all of a sudden they are on your doorstep asking for support.

Well unless any of them are going to ban fur-farming they can feck right off away from my door :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

miezekatze wrote: »
    TA that the coffee machine in work is broken :( I just had some instant coffee but it's just not as nice. Thanks to the wet weather I can't go out to get a decent coffee either.

FYP.
    No such thing as bad weather, just poor clothes choices.
    The Irish obsession with weather drives me nuts. It's like this at this time of year, every year, are you not used to it by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    FYP.
    No such thing as bad weather, just poor clothes choices.
    The Irish obsession with weather drives me nuts. It's like this at this time of year, every year, are you not used to it by now?

+1, YES the weather was shyte yesterday. It's IRELAND.

And then, today, at work, the dismayed faces at the window as yet another heavy shower batters the building.

The person who just posted 120 yes 120 photos of their kid's birthday on Facebook :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The person who just posted 120 yes 120 photos of their kid's birthday on Facebook :(

What a waste of bandwidth.
    It doess amaze me that people believe others want to do dozens of their snaps of every bloody thing they do...
    Mind you, instagram is popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who have to have something done in ten mins. You let them known this is not possible and it will be 30 mins before it will be done, they call you back in 25 mins to say they cannot wait.....FFS if you went with what I said in the first place, it would be done in another five mins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just heard the new Adele song. It's a good song, but wait a couple of weeks of hearing it 12 - 15 times a day on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

TA'd that the Skeff in Galway seems to think its a disco now, booming music all night, ruining my night out with my friends as I couldn't hear a thing and just wanted to catch up as I hadn't seen some of them in months :( Its a pub, be a pub I went there because they wanted to drink and they do nice cocktails so I thought we'd have some cocktails and talk and have a good night but nope :( Got soaked on the way there, boiling and deafening inside, tired after graduation and it was so packed with graduates I couldn't get to the bar and since some of my friends are smokers the only place we could talk was outside under the marquee which some drunk a*****es were shaking so I got soaked and they knocked my drink all over me and I stunk of alchol and went home early because the night was going nowhere :( Can't wait until I'm in my late 30's and my friends want to meet for a meal or coffee and I don't have to drink (look like a weirdo otherwise).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

TA? :confused:

• Advertisement

TA? :confused:

Trivial Annoyance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Heads up, new kid on the block.

TA = acronyms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Gwynplaine wrote:
    FYP. No such thing as bad weather, just poor clothes choices. The Irish obsession with weather drives me nuts. It's like this at this time of year, every year, are you not used to it by now?

Yeah whatever. This is the TA thread so if I want to be annoyed about the weather then I will :p I'm not obsessed with the weather, but is it so hard to understand that it's something that affects people's mood?!

TA = acronyms

Hmmmm.... Many dictionaries define acronym as an abbreviation to be pronounced as a word, so unless we are reading a word that sounds like "ta" when we read TA, rather than reading "T.A"- then I would suggest this may be more initialism?

FWIW I read it as "taaa" rather than "tee-ay"

IMBW :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,222 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

"I May Be...", but the "W"?

I dare not speculate... :o

(*removes mind from gutter* :p)

• Advertisement

Hmmmm.... Many dictionaries define acronym as an abbreviation to be pronounced as a word, so unless we are reading a word that sounds like "ta" when we read TA, rather than reading "T.A"- then I would suggest this may be more initialism?

T.A. when someone posts something that I need to concentrate on and actually read twice in order to understand it :P

"I May Be...", but the "W"?

I dare not speculate... :o

(*removes mind from gutter* :p)

My hands are both on the desk!:eek:

New TA = oldnotwise

My hands are both on the desk!:eek:

I can sense Jacks disappointment from here..spoilsport:D

Something that I've only just realised annoys me: sopping wet floors on the bus.

I'm sat here right now with a bloody pond up to my ankles. How does it get this bad?

Also I swear this isn't a stealth I've left work early brag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

nicki11 wrote: »
    TA'd that the Skeff in Galway seems to think its a disco now, booming music all night, ruining my night out with my friends as I couldn't hear a thing and just wanted to catch up as I hadn't seen some of them in months :( Its a pub, be a pub I went there because they wanted to drink and they do nice cocktails so I thought we'd have some cocktails and talk and have a good night but nope :( Got soaked on the way there, boiling and deafening inside, tired after graduation and it was so packed with graduates I couldn't get to the bar and since some of my friends are smokers the only place we could talk was outside under the marquee which some drunk a*****es were shaking so I got soaked and they knocked my drink all over me and I stunk of alchol and went home early because the night was going nowhere :( Can't wait until I'm in my late 30's and my friends want to meet for a meal or coffee and I don't have to drink (look like a weirdo otherwise).

I feel for ya Nicki. was playing a session at Tigh Cholis and the pub was filled with suited up students who had been gambling in the Galway race meeting for students I think. The town was full of obnoxious assholes on Monday. Cholis quietened down after a half hour, so it was a good night there, my flatmate was playing Busker Brownes and that was packed to the brim and such a mad queue for the Front Door across the road.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

New TA = oldnotwise

Tee-ay or taaaaaaaa? :pac:

Something that I've only just realised annoys me: sopping wet floors on the bus.

I'm sat here right now with a bloody pond up to my ankles. How does it get this bad?

Also I swear this isn't a stealth I've left work early brag.

:D:pac::pac:

Did you have both hands where we could see them too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thread titles in the Training Logs forum.

Suffering Christ....

:D:pac::pac:

Did you have both hands where we could see them too?

:eek:

"Hands in view at all times mister Garda"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My TA at the moment is that our usual source of the aul herb has gone AWOL at the moment and me and a few buddies are going up the wall for lack of toot! FFS just legalise it already.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

T/A that my feet are now wet from the bus. At least I'm home.

And T/A'd that this day has been one logical progression of annoyance to annoyance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I have a weird cut on my jawline. It stings like a mudderfukker and looks like I cut myself shaving. I've also developed spots around my mouth so I look like the most attractive woman in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

T.A'd my car is off the road 2 weeks now, really needed it this morn in that
    sh!tty weather this morn, loan car has auto wipers that go mental when you pass a truck, cant slow the feckers down at all, and the headlights are crap, and it's a 152, wouldn't buy one, I want my tank back, I miss it..... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I tied my hair up to go out and now my neck is bloody freezing :(

• Advertisement

Do people really need to start every post with "my TA"/say TA at all?

You're posting in "Trivial things that annoy you" - anything you say will be assumed to be trivially annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Do people really need to start every post with "my TA"/say TA at all?

You're posting in "Trivial things that annoy you" - anything you say will be assumed to be trivially annoying.

like people who indicate to turn right when they're in a right turn only lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I had what can only be described as a battle with a wasp this morning.

The sound woke me. That low frequency buzz that is different from a bee or a fly. They also fly closer to your head with zero inhibitions and a lot of arrogance.

I jumped out of bed and reached for my katana but it wasn't in it's holder (the wasp knew this) so I had to settle for a rolled up magazine instead. I finally connected after a few swings but I couldn't find a body. Wasp blood drenched the room so I assumed it was dead. I jumped back into bed and went back to sleep.

I was awoken a while later with the wasp WALKING ON MY FOREARM (its 2nd form). Weapons were no longer viable. Hand-to-hand combat was now the only solution. I flicked it, it crashed against the wall knocking over a lamp and I finished it off with a magazine to the sternum.

Disclaimer: Events based on a true story. Facts may have been exaggerated.

TA: Wasp invasions shouldn't happen in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Slow lane swimmers when they escape from the slow lane and ruin everyone else's workout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Nearly lunchtime, I know he will be waiting for me. He might even approach my desk if I am not around. What will I do? Hide in the bathroom and then go out for lunch?

This would annoy me too, I'm not well handling clingly people...but I have done it before. It sounds like you're working in a big place where it can be intimidating for new people to find their way around (been there, done that, and have had my fair share of clingy newbies who follow you until they find their own friends). Most likely he'll get less annoying once he gets to know people in a different team.

like people who indicate to turn right when they're in a right turn only lane.

Strangely enough, I came upon a Taxi in a left lane turn with his right indicator on at a set of traffic lights and I, presuming he just had the wrong indicator on drove up the right lane approaching the lights, which turned green, there he went, off to the right, in front of me.
    Moral of the story, never presume you can read other drivers minds, it may even challenge Keith Barry. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Slow lane swimmers when they escape from the slow lane and ruin everyone else's workout.

Pretty much the reason I packed in my last gym and became a home trainer. I used to love an oul swim after the weights. But more often than not, I'd go to the pool and they're be three thousand out of control kids in the pool. Right at the very time of course, that they were not even scheduled to be allowed into the pool.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

J. Marston wrote:
    Thread titles in the Training Logs forum.

J. Marston wrote:
    Suffering Christ....

Glad I'm not the only one :-o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

selous wrote: »
    Strangely enough, I came upon a Taxi in a left lane turn with his right indicator on at a set of traffic lights and I, presuming he just had the wrong indicator on drove up the right lane approaching the lights, which turned green, there he went, off to the right, in front of me.
    Moral of the story, never presume you can read other drivers minds, it may even challenge Keith Barry. :D

Thats taxi rules though. They have a different system.

Its secret.

• Advertisement

Thats taxi rules though. They have a different system.

Its secret.

Indeed.

Oh and the U turns at T junctions, nevermind anyone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement