Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

When someone continuously keeps texting/ringing you AFTER you've told them to stop, and ignored the calls. The dope STILL can't get the message!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I overheard my new neighbour telling another neighbour she "quite fancied some high trees at the end of her garden."
    Cheers. Just what I need; less sunlight. :mad:

I could have put this TA with my previous one but I can't be ar*ed to edit.

The mid-Atlantic, Americany accent more and more people are adopting these days.

I was in the gym today and overheard a woman say to another:

"What shall we have for lanch today?"
    "Ooh well I've got some turkey on the bowne and bran bread. We could have thash with some tomasho and bayzil soup?"
    "Ooh sounds gorgeous."
    "Yah, new Rachel Allen recipe. I love her cooking; she's just so relayshable."
    "Roysh, must borrow thash from you when you're done."
    "No worries. Roysh are we ready for the off? I am so exhausted from that spin. Even my tews hurt!"

I wanted to turn around and smack them both in the gob.
    Every word was over-exaggerated and had an American twang. I can't even properly portray it here, but you get what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Do you mean DART speak? Or should that be Dorsh speak? The stops from Sydney Parade to Bray are brilliant/terrible for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,222 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

fussyonion wrote: »
    Every word was over-exaggerated and had an American twang. I can't even properly portray it here, but you get what I mean.

In fairness, you made a damn good job of it all the same, phonetics and all :D

I've often wondered when I'm watching her programme, what the hell is the woman on, that her elocution is so mangled? It's like watching someone in a hallucinogenic state the way she goes on! :confused:

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Do you mean DART speak? Or should that be Dorsh speak? The stops from Sydney Parade to Bray are brilliant/terrible for it.

Hah yes exactly like that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Light bulbs.

Needed some for the living room so thought I would get some of the LED ones, have seen them for about 7 euro in the shops. It wasnt as easy as I was expecting.
    We have one of those things that require 3 bulbs and has a dimmer switch. Turns out the LED lights which are suitable for dimmers are around 20 each, not too bad if you just want the one, when you need 3 for 1 room it becomes more of a problem.
    Then theres choosing the shape and brightness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

pilonidal cyst :/

strelok wrote: »
    pilonidal cyst :/

Do I want to google this?

Do I want to google this?

nope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I did. Ouch! My condolences. Sounds far from trivial!

ah mine's only a baby one, some of the ones on google look horrendous.

I had one of those, sterlok. One of the most painful things ever.
    Worse was when they were packing the post-op wound with wads of cotton wool.

I had one of those, sterlok. One of the most painful things ever.
    Worse was when they were packing the post-op wound with wads of cotton wool.

im just hoping it goes away, or at least goes more dormant, soon. packing the wound 1-2 times a day for weeks really does not sound like fun :/

im just hoping it goes away, or at least goes more dormant, soon. packing the wound 1-2 times a day for weeks really does not sound like fun :/

If it's not that big, the best piece of advice I can give you is to keep that area as dry as you can, make sure there are no loose hairs getting stuck there and try not sit/stand too wide apart if you know what I mean.
    That can make it open wider and make it more sore and raw.

If it's not that big, the best piece of advice I can give you is to keep that area as dry as you can, make sure there are no loose hairs getting stuck there and try not sit/stand too wide apart if you know what I mean.

i'll update the thread biweekly!

i'll update the thread biweekly!

Lol if you like! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Does anyone's fingers sting when cutting tomatoes or do i have weird fingers? I burnt my roll too whilst being stung to death by tomatoes. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Food packets that say serves 4.

Yeah 4 pygmy models on diets maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Food packets that say serves 4.

Yeah 4 pygmy models on diets maybe.

Uncle Bens boil in a bag rice. On the box it says that 1 bag serves 2 people. I have 2 bags for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

rosie16 wrote: »
    Does anyone's fingers sting when cutting tomatoes or do i have weird fingers? I burnt my roll too whilst being stung to death by tomatoes. :(

Try peeling and slicing up a butternut squash. Strips a layer of skin right off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Comfy and warm in bed but need to go pee!!! Own fault for drinking a pint of water while reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The new mcdonalds pulled pork wrap ad, with the girl making wraps with a smug look on her face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My bf said he'd be finished playing the Playstation in 10 minutes. That was 45 minutes ago. The git. Worst part is that it's that farm game yet he is a farmer and spends all day doing the work in real life. Haha I don't understand boys at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Starving since half 6 and that's why you shouldn't have a sandwich for dinner. I usually don't get hungry this early at all. Made scrambled eggs and felt sick at the smell of melted butter. Can't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The OH is on nights for the first time in ages this week. The little one was awake till 11.30 because Daddy wasn't there. I had to go into the teenager after 2am to tell her to get off her phone. I'm awake listening to him snoring and fidgeting since he came in at 6.30 this morning. She is usually up after 7 but still snoozing now. When she does get up I have to try keep her quiet so he can sleep. My mother is looking for me to go and collect her, said she will be ready for 10, and the eldest needs a lift to the Cork bus. Oh, and there's a hospital appointment sometime in the afternoon too. I'm thinking of running away:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I was making coffee and was open the window blind, I pull the string down then wrestle with it to try get it to stay down. I look down and I have dropped about 30cm of the end of the string into my coffee.

Perfectly trivially annoying start to the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Went outside to put the fake spider web decorations on the windows for Holloween and after taking a close look, they have quite a few real webs. Now i have to clean the real webs away in order to put fake ones up!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Pigeons getting in my way on my walk to work and almost flying directly in my face, No boundaries!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Neverforgotten

I have realised one of my trivial annoyances is
    Typos. Even typos in the subtitles on TV drive me mad. ( I am currently waiting for an appointment so spotting the typos on Ireland Am to pass the time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This would annoy me too, I'm not well handling clingly people...but I have done it before. It sounds like you're working in a big place where it can be intimidating for new people to find their way around (been there, done that, and have had my fair share of clingy newbies who follow you until they find their own friends). Most likely he'll get less annoying once he gets to know people in a different team.

He's been here for ages though! Of course it is partly my fault for facilitating the whole thing. The more I think about it now, the more annoyed I become. Sometimes I just want to be alone! :mad: Especially since I am dealing with people all day - its nice to just have down time where you don't have to interact.

Hangnails or rather that little bit left of it after you've got most of the bugger off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Even typos in the subtitles on TV drive me mad.

I sourced a dodgy copy of a film recently on which a non-native english speaker had taken it upon himself to put on his own subtitles. He had so much wrong that I ended up spending more time distracted by this than watching the actual film. It did have the phrase 'Bob's your uncle' transcribed as 'Boss your ankle' though which I thought was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Having acute lazyba$tarditis. I should be using my week off productively but the only thing I've committed myself to is binge watching netflix and eating like a wh0re.

Finding out that someone I know who was off "sick" for two weeks was not sick, and used a fake cert :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Having acute lazyba$tarditis. I should be using my week off productively but the only thing I've committed myself to is binge watching netflix and eating like a wh0re.

Thanks Rosie at least Im not the only one,all plans gone out the window and Im struggling to even bother to go to the shop.I get way more done on the days Im working and waste my time when Im off (if you consider couch and laptop a waste of time).:pac:

I have realised one of my trivial annoyances is
    Typos. Even typos in the subtitles on TV drive me mad. ( I am currently waiting for an appointment so spotting the typos on Ireland Am to pass the time)

How many of us intently searched this post for typos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I seem to be a designated Mr fix it. When ever I visit people's homes of late I get handed a machine our device of some sort and asked to have a wee like look at it to see if I can fix it.
    Feeling used, but useful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Menas wrote: »
    I seem to be a designated Mr fix it. When ever I visit people's homes of late I get handed a machine our device of some sort and asked to have a wee like look at it to see if I can fix it.
    Feeling used, but useful!

I went to see my mother on Monday as she'd just come back from a month in America.
    I then had to go to buy her a new car battery and install it!!

It was worth it though for the lovely foaming hand soap I got as a present!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Went for a job interview yesterday.

A lot of positives from it, and I think I stand a good chance.

They told me that they would likely make a decision yesterday and that I'd hear by the end of the week.

I wish I didn't know that they probably made a decision yesterday, because knowing that the decision's likely been made, I'm all 'JUST TELL ME NOW', and every time an email gets in, I get a little excited hoping that it's them.

• Advertisement

Went for a job interview yesterday.

A lot of positives from it, and I think I stand a good chance.

They told me that they would likely make a decision yesterday and that I'd hear by the end of the week.

I wish I didn't know that they probably made a decision yesterday, because knowing that the decision's likely been made, I'm all 'JUST TELL ME NOW', and every time an email gets in, I get a little excited hoping that it's them.

Stay cool! :)

The OH's mother commenting on my Facebook posts in a different language and me trying gingerly to reply without making a balls of her language and mistakenly saying, "I f*cked your cat" instead of "that cake looks nice" :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »

And good luck, whatever the outcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Thanks, trying very hard :)

As well as the fact that I'm very enthusiastic about it and feel it's right for me, I'm self employed so it'll be a major change, and I also want to know in terms of planning further self-employed work... but obsessing over it isn't gonna make me hear any quicker... so think I need to try to pull back from it lol

The OH's mother commenting on my Facebook posts in a different language and me trying gingerly to reply without making a balls of her language and mistakenly saying, "I f*cked your cat" instead of "that cake looks nice" :(

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

kebab anyone?:eek:

Light bulbs.

Needed some for the living room so thought I would get some of the LED ones, have seen them for about 7 euro in the shops. It wasnt as easy as I was expecting.
    We have one of those things that require 3 bulbs and has a dimmer switch. Turns out the LED lights which are suitable for dimmers are around 20 each, not too bad if you just want the one, when you need 3 for 1 room it becomes more of a problem.
    Then theres choosing the shape and brightness.

The dimmable ones can be got a lot cheaper online. I won't put the sitename I used here but it is an Irish one with led in the title!
    I recently moved every bulb in the house to led. It is worth the effort and cost.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    kebab anyone?:eek:

I was going to say that yesterday but didnt want to lower the tone..between that and Menas fixing random peoples devises Im in shock..not to mind the carry on on the bus and ONW with the cat..where will it end eisey?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Neverforgotten

How many of us intently searched this post for typos?

Lol

Also people who take up half your seat and their own on a bus ...
    Not in humour today

Colser wrote: »
    I was going to say that yesterday but didnt want to lower the tone..between that and Menas fixing random peoples devises Im in shock..not to mind the carry on on the bus and ONW with the cat..where will it end eisey?:D

It's all down to how your impure mind processes what these things. Seeing sin where there is none!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement