Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Sorry, I couldn't resist :pac::D

Cringe... er damn autocorrect :o (not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That buck-ape the IndaKinny() is usually good for a TA or three, but he's really irked me this time. It turns out that the talk of deploying the army against the citizenry of the State in order to protect "The Banks" was only a contingency idea. I swear to Cheeses a President and Commander-in-Chief worth the title would march the lot of them out of Leinster House at rifle-point and intern the fcukers in the Curragh. :mad:

...jimgoose & Aongus VonBismark believed to be the same person.

.........................:pac:

Not possible, chief - AvB is a BMW pervert. :D

Colser wrote: »
    He may pop in with a very long detailed description Jack so brace yourself:D

Haven't had a kebab for a good long while, but only the other day I had a brace of huge sloppy beef-curtainsburgers dripping with burger sauce, if that's any good to you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

jimgoose wrote: »
    Haven't had a kebab for a good long while, but only the other day I had a brace of huge sloppy beef-curtainsburgers dripping with burger sauce, if that's any good to you! :D

There you go now OEJ..picture that one:D

And another thing - the next inbred bearded chinless wonder to utter the word "Movember" shall have a hefty computer monitor embedded in their frontal lobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

jimgoose wrote: »
    And another thing - the next inbred bearded chinless wonder to utter the word "Movember" shall have a hefty computer monitor embedded in their frontal lobe.

Every month is f*cking Movember lately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

People who leave the foil thing inside the butter tub should be rounded up and shot in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

KatW4 wrote: »
    My bf said he'd be finished playing the Playstation in 10 minutes. That was 45 minutes ago. The git. Worst part is that it's that farm game yet he is a farmer and spends all day doing the work in real life. Haha I don't understand boys at all!

What farm game? On the Playstation? Find out and get back to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

J Mysterio wrote: »

Farm Simulator 15 .... Looks mind numbingly boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My 11-year-old nephew is obsessed with this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

haha. What a legend. Farmer playing Farm Simulator in the evening. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

I'd recommend ark never got the appeal of straight farming games, in ark you can farm, build, explore and tame dinos or you can be frustrated by how slow fake tractors are o.0

nicki11 wrote: »
    I'd recommend ark never got the appeal of straight farming games, in ark you can farm, build, explore and tame dinos or you can be frustrated by how slow fake tractors are o.0

If I was to become addicted to a videogame, it would be Euro Truck Simulator. I could see myself building a replica of a Scania Topline dash in my attic and installing a dumb-waiter so I wouldn't starve to death. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Throwing out a percentage to make a point. It is a figure just pulled out of the air with no real thought gone into it. I notice near enough to 89% of posters on here do it and it gets on my tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I have a train simulator game and Euro Truck sim.

Farming sim would be a step too far though.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Every month is f*cking Movember lately :(

I blame movember for starting this beard trend. Most of the bearded fellas at work started growing theirs for movember a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Aldi were all sold out of their 24-packs of crisps today.
    I wanted to get them for the trick-or-treaters as I don't have enough sweets.
    Asked if they were getting any more in and they said "Next week."
    Now what do I do?

I have lots of fruit? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

fussyonion wrote:
    Aldi were all sold out of their 24-packs of crisps today. I wanted to get them for the trick-or-treaters as I don't have enough sweets. Asked if they were getting any more in and they said "Next week." Now what do I do?

Try Lidl :) got mine there the other day. Or go out that evening/ pretend you're not home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Throwing out a percentage to make a point. It is a figure just pulled out of the air with no real thought gone into it. I notice near enough to 89% of posters on here do it and it gets on my tits.

Statistics are a load of aul bollox. 81% of all white males over the age of fifty five know this.

November the 10th is too far away. This is very trivially annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Menas wrote: »
    I blame movember for starting this beard trend. Most of the bearded fellas at work started growing theirs for movember a few years ago.

Conor McGregor's rise to superstardom did it to. Loads of lads want to look like him.

Ah, but at least remember that it is all for an incredibly worthy cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

November the 10th is too far away. This is very trivially annoying.

I'm also eagerly awaiting November 10th.... Too many shifts in work between now and then. This pisses me off more than a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Many of the current beard-wearers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

The number of patchy pube neck beards is too damn high

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah here, leave it out with the beard abuse :)

I have a straggly grey hair in my beard that is sticking outwards, so constantly in my peripheral vision. It wont flatten down.
    When I forget about it, and then see it, I start to bat it away, then remember it's my beard and I haven't walked through a cobweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

J Mysterio wrote:

Farming Simulator 15 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Making gingerbread men and I don't think they're gonna turn out right :(

Also, my boyfriend loves his little farming game because everything goes right unlike his real farming! Drives me mad but it makes him happy so I'll rant here and not be mean to his face :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Ah here, leave it out with the beard abuse :)

I have a straggly grey hair in my beard that is sticking outwards, so constantly in my peripheral vision. It wont flatten down.
    When I forget about it, and then see it, I start to bat it away, then remember it's my beard and I haven't walked through a cobweb.

It's asking to be plucked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Such a sh*te day, had 2 exams and definitely failed both of them. It's like I've lost the ability to study :( This is more than annoying

• Advertisement

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Such a sh*te day, had 2 exams and definitely failed both of them. It's like I've lost the ability to study :( This is more than annoying

I still have nightmares about failing exams and it is a long long time since I have done a serious one.
    You can repeat...you will be fine.

I still have nightmares about failing exams and it is a long long time since I have done a serious one.
    You can repeat...you will be fine.

Young people really shouldn't be put to the stress that the nightmares continue in the years following college! :mad:
    Yeah I'll try to pass the repeat I guess. Really just not used to failing things.

Young people really shouldn't be put to the stress that the nightmares continue in the years following college! :mad:
    Yeah I'll try to pass the repeat I guess. Really just not used to failing things.

You are right, but I have gotten very used to, and very fond of, failing things!

You are right, but I have gotten very used to, and very fond of ,failing things!

That bit confuses me a little ;)

That bit confuses me a little ;)

Don't always conform!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Robsweezie wrote: »
    The new mcdonalds pulled pork wrap ad, with the girl making wraps with a smug look on her face

about the mcdonalds wrap ad I posted about earlier in the thread

turns out shes also not wearing any gloves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...=7szKcGAbXgoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Neverforgotten

Where I worked before a member of the pubic used to come in about twice a year and spend the entire afternoon in the waiting area whistling his way through every musical known to man. I don't think I have ever felt such hatred for one person before or since!

Where is the spelling mistake thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Neverforgotten

Where I worked before a member of the pubic used to come in about twice a year and spend the entire afternoon in the waiting area whistling his way through every musical known to man. I don't think I have ever felt such hatred for one person before or since!

Oh god, I love musicals but I would be up for murder if I worked there.

I also really dislike text speak. A friend of mine constantly texts me this way. Thing is he is a college lecturer yet doesn't bother texting properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Where is the spelling mistake thread?

Here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057514573&page=4

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Crabby co-workers who always have some problem with something.

Also when TTAY slips off the first or second page of threads and you have to go looking for it. Does this mean the rest of you are in fine form this morning? I hope not!

• Advertisement

TA that this is the last day of my mini holiday.

Have been soaking in the pool for hours this morning and am dreading that I won't be sitting in the sun for the next six months probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Im in work today with nothing at all to do. It's harder to pretend to work than actually work. Doesn't help that my pc screen faces my office door and instantly viewable to anyone who walks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That ad where the kid ask the aul wan
    "Do you always give the ball back?"

I wish she replied "no, I don't, I burst them, no fcuk off down your own end of the street and play!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

When you start to feel that stupid twitch on your eyebrow.

I'm going batty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Presenter on 2fm at the moment - Tracy Clifford. Seems to think that Holloween is this weekend. Thought it was Halloween?? In fact listen out for any Rte report over the weekend and it will be Holloween all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pop music.

"Now watch me whoop whoop... Now watch me nay nay..."

Wtf is that supposed to mean? I must be getting old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

smash wrote: »
    Pop music.

Possibly something to do with horses? :D I've never understood pop music

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

smash wrote: »
    Pop music.

yeah, in my day pop music had a dutch woman saying "up and down" for 3 minutes, or four danes singing about barbie dolls

it's just not the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Bank of Ireland c**ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Im in work today with nothing at all to do. It's harder to pretend to work than actually work. Doesn't help that my pc screen faces my office door and instantly viewable to anyone who walks in.

Ah you have a door. I don't even have a door. I'm in an open-plan warren. :(

I want a door, damn it. And a Ron Swanson style Claymore mine pointed at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement