Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Teacher23 wrote: »
    When I discover that someone eats food I had earlier mentally claimed. Very irrational, but the pain never gets easier...

Gain preemptive revenge by licking

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

Gain preemptive revenge by licking

Tomwaterford you are a genius. Maybe I'll just lock everything and then tell everyone I've kicked everything so nobody will eat it? It could result in all out war but I feel it might be worth it??

Teacher23 wrote: »
    Tomwaterford you are a genius. Maybe I'll just lock everything and then tell everyone I've kicked everything so nobody will eat it? It could result in all out war but I feel it might be worth it??

This is true....though you do run the risk of people covering what you lick in mustard as part of an escalation of the food dispute??

Really there's a lot to be said for tubberware :L

This is true....though you do run the risk of people covering what you lick in mustard as part of an escalation of the food dispute??

Really there's a lot to be said for tubberware :L

I'm gonna try licking everything first with the hope that they won't think of the mustard idea! I'll keep you posted 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

What? Dara O' Briain is the greatest comedian by far to ever come out of Ireland. :confused: I have never to my recollection come across someone or read a post from someone who didn't like him before.

I was hoping this was a joke but then realised you are serious. Oh well it's all subjective I suppose but add me to the list that don't like (can't abide) him. I suppose it's an age thing as I don't get what passes for comedy these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ehh ditto for ahhhh me too, Is it he's waiting for applause when he says eehhhh or aahhhh, I find that annoying, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I moved here to Krakow at the end of summer when part of the tram system was out of action due to roadworks and a lot of lines were diverted, seems they've finished up today so now I have to relearn the entire bloody network.

penny for the boogy

That the green thing from your nose??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Just got back from Dunnes in they were already taking down the Halloween stuff and putting up Christmas stuff. At least wait until Halloween is over, its barely started :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Skangerville around Cork tonight. Never seen the place so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Went to a conference in Dublin today.

A few annoyances:

Audience, shut your mouths while the presenter is presenting. It is so bloody rude. Ok, it might be boring, but it is only 25 minutes, so wait until they are finished.

Presenters, if you are pressed for time, don't just gloss over slides and say that the slide wasn't that important anyway - if so, what was it doing there in the first place?

MC/host: don't make jokes. Nobody is here to listen to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

eternal wrote: »
    Skangerville around Cork tonight. Never seen the place so bad.

I live in Cork myself and was around the city for must of the day I don't know what is much different then any day of the week :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

People who don't check their seat numbers correctly.. . Or just don't care to sit in the seat they bought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I live in Cork myself and was around the city for must of the day I don't know what is much different then any day of the week :rolleyes:

You should have gone up the Northside after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

nicki11 wrote: »
    Just got back from Dunnes in they were already taking down the Halloween stuff and putting up Christmas stuff. At least wait until Halloween is over, its barely started :mad:

I wish they'd hold off until the 8th of December. It's just bloody ridiculous the way this crap runs for a full two months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Having my eyebrows plucked. Owww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Gongoozler wrote: »
    People who don't check their seat numbers correctly.. . Or just don't care to sit in the seat they bought.

Not trivial, in my book! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Went into my local supermarket yesterday to get some dog food. Cans which have cost 89c for yonks are now priced at 99c!!
    So, with the mark up to the nearest euro, that is an increase of 11c!! Went to Tesco in Santry, where they are still priced at 89c.

I have also noticed that the six pack is more expensive than buying the cans individually. The six pack in Tesco cost €5.39, 5c more
    than buying the six individually! Have noticed this also in Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Me not using my head & Why I can't have nice things...

Got my shellac nails done at 9am ; had my hair-cut incl fringe at 10:30...

I had all week to clean my racer on my turbo and wash my car.

Only after getting my hair-cut did I decide ah sur 'what's an hour on the turbo' so new hair-cut now being pinned back and ruined, even though I told myself yesterday that today would be a rest-day.

While on the turbo then I look down and decide that this racer could actually do with a clean so after my session I decide with my lovely decorated nails to clean that racer.
    After that I decide my car could do with a wash incl the alloys.
    ^^^ Both of which could have been washed all week by me btw!

Why I can't have nice things,
    kerry4sam
    /sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Me not using my head & Why I can't have nice things...

Got my shellac nails done at 9am ; had my hair-cut incl fringe at 10:30...

I had all week to clean my racer on my turbo and wash my car.

Only after getting my hair-cut did I decide ah sur 'what's an hour on the turbo' so new hair-cut now being pinned back and ruined, even though I told myself yesterday that today would be a rest-day.

While on the turbo then I look down and decide that this racer could actually do with a clean so after my session I decide with my lovely decorated nails to clean that racer.
    After that I decide my car could do with a wash incl the alloys.
    ^^^ Both of which could have been washed all week by me btw!

Why I can't have nice things,
    kerry4sam
    /sigh

Youre doing it wrong Kerry4sam :D I went and got my hair done and 2 hours me time to go shopping and got collected in my baby..hand washed,alloys gleaming and tank full..what did I do to deserve that :confused:;)

TA was that I tried a load of stuff on today and had plenty funds but couldnt find one thing that I liked..gutted:(

Also I handed stuff out to the first few trick or treaters and then escaped to the pub but now Im home and I feel great but if (when) I open a bottle here Im going to get tipsy too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

OEJ how did you thank that 3 times ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Charlie19 wrote: »
    This is done by so many people I know so I'd say it's fairly common But I just can't stand when someone put salt on a dinner before they even taste it.

This happens out in restaurants as well, so I know it's not down to what my OH or I have cooked.

Was just going to type this out...very annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

73Cat wrote: »
    OEJ how did you thank that 3 times ?!

*blows on fingers* :pac:

Seriously though, major trivial annoyance on the touch site is exactly that bug. It's caused by a delay in the 'thank' being registered on a post, so I end up thanking a post twice (or three times), and then I can't see the posts on the next page in a thread (and this is my favorite thread!), so I have to go back through the previous posts and try and find the culprit.

Very annoying on 40 posts per page view! :o

I'm annoyed the neighbours cat is gawking in the window....obv scared by fireworks

Nonetheless I still fcuking hate cats :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Settling down to watch some tv recordings only to discover the upc box crashed four days ago and had recorded nothing since.

Going to be a boring night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Not trivial, in my book! :(

Trivial because the second person couldn't join me and so I didn't actually need it. Planned to put my big coat on the chair instead but couldn't. Fairly cosy theatre too, had a big man to either side of me with an elbow man spread for the arm rests :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Text someone and they don't reply for 2 days. - or they don't reply at all...grrr ::-(

Not the end of the world, but it is simple courtesy tbh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    Settling down to watch some tv recordings only to discover the upc box crashed four days ago and had recorded nothing since.

Going to be a boring night!

Enjoy Ray Darcy:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

I'm annoyed the neighbours cat is gawking in the window....obv scared by fireworks

Nonetheless I still fcuking hate cats :mad:

So annoying. One of our neighbours cats is like that. Seems to only pick my windowsill. Sometimes sits on the bonnet of the car if the engine is still giving off heat. My sofa is beside the window and she just sits there hissing at me. I dont even really hate cats, just that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Colser wrote: »
    Enjoy Ray Darcy:D:D:D

I was fairly annoyed here that I had to head out to the shop for milk and coffee for the morning, but after reading that, I think I'll take my time :D

Also annoying - the in-laws have Sky, but the channel seems to be permanently stuck on RTE1. I don't know why they don't just get Saorview at that rate, they're certainly aware of it. Instead I'll just simmer and have to put up with that clown Arsey for the night until they all go to bed :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

people bringing their kids Trick or Treating - whatever happened to *help the Hallowe'en Party* ?
    Someone else mentioned "Help the Halloween party" today too - honestly, today is the first time I've ever heard of it and I'm in my 30s. It has always been trick-or-treating for me, even when I was a child.
    Maybe HTHP is a regional thing?
    nicki11 wrote: »
    My local Dunnes has Christmas decorations up since last week if not earlier. Ridiculous. I love Christmas but can't see a need for the build-up to be dragged out so long that it just becomes old before it's even arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Azalea wrote: »
    Someone else mentioned "Help the Halloween party" today too - honestly, today is the first time I've ever heard of it and I'm in my 30s. It has always been trick-or-treating for me, even when I was a child.
    Maybe HTHP is a regional thing?

My local Dunnes has Christmas decorations up since last week if not earlier. Ridiculous. I love Christmas but can't see a need for the build-up to be dragged out so long that it just becomes old before it's even arrived.

They did have some of the value packs before but the point I was making was they removed all the Halloween packs and put up Christmas stuff and added the pastries and stuff that don't last (not fruitcake)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its annoying that my favorite Chinese take-away isn't on marvin or justeat.

Do I choose inferior food or drive out and get cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

When I put the bin out. Nice and tidy against the wall. Come home and its left dead centre in the driveway so I gotta get out, move it, get back in to park. Is it so hard to leave it where ya found it ? Every ****ing week. Binmen are on a windup i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Those kerbs in shopping centre car parks that act as a division between one spot and spot directly in front of yours. They are just the perfect height to allow you to drive your front bumper over them.
    Not really a TA of mine but speaking on behalf of an elderly gentleman I seen in Aldi car park yesterday who made absolute ****e of his front bumper reversing out of his spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

"Who's doing the dishes".

I know daytime TV is poor stuff done on the cheap, but that show is really, really bottom of the barrel stuff.

Utter tripe!

Homes under the hammer is grade A stuff compared to that garbage!

Was in a retro games shop in Cork yesterday.

They had nothing in the shop priced ..... so you have to go up to the counter and ask how much stuff is and the guy go's on eBay and adds 10 euro to the buy it now price lol.

And a lot of his stuff has seen way better days ....

Morning time T.V

The add for No-No the women are shaving their faces and the men are shaving their arms...
    does it not work on men's faces?

Nutri bullet.... you can taste a rainbow!!!!!!! FFS:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Fruit flavoured teas that don't taste of anything.

Are the manufacturer's afraid to make the teas have a strong flavour?
    They've all just got a hint of flavour.
    I'm drinking a pineapple and grapefruit tea but it barely tastes of pineapple.
    Tastes like hot water mostly.

Also TA'd that I typed "flabour" several times writing this, instead of "flavour."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just realised I never took the youngest's lunchbox out of her schoolbag at the start of mid term. Mouldy, hairy crusts and a hairy spoon. Also a few soggy raisins. I tried not to breathe too deeply...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mr Sam, why have you piled the dirty lunch delph in the sink and not emptied the dishwasher?
    Ans - I was roasting a chicken.

Now if it was on a spit I might understand..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

When people spell "losing" incorrectly as "loosing", it drives me mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The low life scumbags who attack the Fire Brigade & Paramedics on Halloween night. I just heard on the radio earlier a report of firemen being attacked with bricks and a paramedic crew had bottles thrown at them. What kind of gutter filth does that? They should be rounded up, put on an Island without food and just let them murder each other. It really wouldn't be any loss to society imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Did a mud run earlier, didn't enjoy it. The course was badly signposted, took a few wrong turns. There was no marshals on the course. There was hardly no one participating so there was no one ahead of me to follow. In the end I said 'f___ it' and ran back to have a shower. That's not what is annoying me. I washed my clothes and i forgot to take the number off my t-shirt. Most mud runs I've done you get some clips for your number but this one had no clips just a sticky back. Tldr my t-shirt is ruined. It's only for running anyway but it's still annoying. Hopefully after a few washes it might look better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

L plate drivers driving on motorways. They're not supposed to be there, but of course nobody is enforcing this. The cops are too busy shooting fish in a barrel catching drivers going 0.5kph over the speed limit on the Clonee bypass

• Advertisement

People who use public transport who smell of BO do they even know what a shower is ? and rude bus drivers !!!

People reading my phone over my shoulder on the luas/bus/train.

PS This was just happening to me on the luas - he's stopped now though! I think he copped what i was writing! Mwahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ally Dick wrote: »
    L plate drivers driving on motorways. They're not supposed to be there, but of course nobody is enforcing this. The cops are too busy shooting fish in a barrel catching drivers going 0.5kph over the speed limit on the Clonee bypass

What's even stupider is that there's no motorway driving on the driving test. You don't even get the chance to go above 50km/h.

Passing the test doesn't really prepare anyone for going on a motorway does it. At least this person might have had an experienced driver with them and had that safety net rather than going on their own for the first time after passing the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ally Dick wrote: »

Maybe the car has more than 1 driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MisterMagoo

I hate the way RTE news on Drivetime reads the same news story 3 times.

First Mary Wilson introduces the news and gives us a synopsis of the story, then the newsreader will give their synopsis of the story and then the detailed news gives us the story.....before heading to the reporter who finally tells us the story.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement