Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Helpful people who, when handsoap is running low - half fill the dispenser with water to make it last longer.
    Then you go to put soap on your hands but instead you get a splash of water on your clothes.

The old watery soap stains on my trousers story:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I've had three (possibly four) pay rises since 2006, but they've all been absorbed by FG's weekly salary rape. That IS b*llocks.

I'll say one thing for Texas, they wouldn't put up with that there for five minutes, they'd burn the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I've had three (possibly four) pay rises since 2006, but they've all been absorbed by FG's weekly salary rape. That IS b*llocks.

I am now on the same take home pay I had in 2008.

I earn €13,000 more gross than I did then, but only now is my net pay catching up. :mad:

Salary looks good on paper, but not in my pocket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I always wondered, is that automated, or do they go to the trouble of signing each post

no they actually type it in themselves every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Salary looks good on paper, but not in my pocket...

And there's still people out there who think that 35k+ is a great wage.

Even doubling it would be a tight wage when it hits your pocket! then again, it's all relative.

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    And there's still people out there who think that 35k+ is a great wage.

Even doubling it would be a tight wage when it hits your pocket! then again, it's all relative.

+1. FÚCK the USC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Aglomerado wrote: »
    +1. FÚCK the USC!

Which was brought in as a temporary, emergency measure....

And still f*cking here, hanging around like the hairy great-aunt who doesn't know how to take the hint that the party is over and everyone wants to go to bed. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I've a sore tooth and I've been waiting four months for an appointment. I refuse to have decay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

And still f*cking here, hanging around like the hairy great-aunt who doesn't know how to take the hint that the party is over and everyone wants to go to bed. :mad:

PMPA Levy, anyone?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Even more annoying is the double-speak like he thinks people's memories are that short -

Taoiseach Enda Kenny told The Star that the USC is worth e4billion to the Government and won’t be done away with.

And less than one year later, in the run up to an election -

Enda Kenny said his manifesto will include the total abolition of the Universal Social Charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Rosie Rant wrote: »

2. Ciaran f*cking Twomey. He is not "soooo hilarious haaaa".

I don't know who that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA that I haven't been about much, and have about 3 days of TAs to catch up on, but couldn't quite be arsed

TA that I haven't been about much, and have about 3 days of TAs to catch up on, but couldn't quite be arsed

I'd check it if I was you, they were talking about you again;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Can someone please confirm that I'm not going mad.... Is Boards being really buggy and not working properly the past week?

DareGod wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm that I'm not going mad.... Is Boards being really buggy and not working properly the past week?

Not noticed any problems the last week - certainly not compared to usual - but http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057503701&page=35 is probably a better place to ask than the trivial annoyance thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

KungPao wrote: »
    Coffee grit at the end of my mug that got through the filter. :mad:

Filtered coffee? Someone's doing well for themselves.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I'd cheat it if I was you, they were talking about you again;)

As expected... although it's the 'again' bit that gets me paranoid lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Not noticed any problems the last week - certainly not compared to usual - but http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057503701&page=35 is probably a better place to ask than the trivial annoyance thread.

Thanks, yeah I posted in there and there are others reporting issues with the site too, but I'm not sure if that's just always the case or if there has been an increase this week, so I'm just wondering if the more general boards population are experiencing the same issues..

As expected... although it's the 'again' bit that gets me paranoid lol :P

That should be "check" by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

hiccups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 MisterMagoo

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Watching a Norwegian film on Netflix with English subtitles.

Still need to have volume at decent level even though I am not listening to it.

I used to watch the Danish version of The Killing and the BBC would sometimes warn about strong language before some episodes. It was in Danish for God's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MisterMagoo

I hate the way the commentators on MOTD have obviously not been at the match, and have seen a video of the game BEFORE they commentate on it.

e.g. "And Liverpool have not scored from their last 16 corners at home"

"Oh my word, Skirtel has scored with a wonderful header..."

Even poor old John Motson is at it. Not fair on Mottie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Beggars in supermarkets. I don't want people harassing me at my door, neither do I want to talk to someone who to offers help to pack my bag as if I am 100 years old while the checkout assistant is asking for ID!

My favourite alms collecting reason so far was the dance group/ club that was trying to gather funds to go to New York. **** you, I would really like to go myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Having a job and not having a job at the same time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 LeTickler

Inbox : 600

Genuine emails... maybe 2.

Ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Neverforgotten

73Cat wrote: »
    My name isn't a hard name to spell right, yet the insurance broker added an extra letter when processing my details. I got an Axa Plus card in the post today, my name spelt wrong on the envelope , and on the bloody card.
    My three yr olds face is still tinged green from Halloween face paint. She looks quite sickly.
    It's one of those days today :(

I got a letter from city council today which addressed me as Mr. Never forgotten.

I am a female.this is my official file and I am now classed as a man. Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Shops that play xmas music early, before december .
    or put up xmas decorations before december .
    Wait til at least the 7th of december before playing xmas music .
    People collecting for charity,
    theres no way in hell i,m giving my bank account no to some bloke in the street.

Being tired at 7pm, being awake at 12.15am

being awake since 5.30 - go back to sleep efb, no early morning commute anymore...

• Advertisement

Somewhere, a post is thanked twice. Bollocks! I know efb posted two hours ago, but all I can see is the post from nine hours ago :mad:

EDIT: Now that I can actually see my post - also TA are these "heat pads" that feel like I have another sort of a "pad", stuck to my back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

For the 4th time in 3 weeks I'm working 32 hours almost straight spread between 2 jobs trying to get ahead of myself for Christmas this year. I hate it. I hate being tired.... And now I'm just that run down im getting sick every couple of days.

Now I know we have a few animal lovers here and all, but I can't keep this one in -

A birthday party, for a dog. Now I know the person putting on the party loves her animals (veterinarian nurse, works with animals, has a houseload of cats, dogs, rabbits, etc)...

But a birthday party, for the dog.

Maybe I'm just not with it any more, but it's the poor dog I feel bad for, lol, "fcuking humans, any excuse to look to their friends like they're having a good time, I just lick my own balls, keeps me happy" :pac:

Beggars in supermarkets. I don't want people harassing me at my door, neither do I want to talk to someone who to offers help to pack my bag as if I am 100 years old while the checkout assistant is asking for ID!

My favourite alms collecting reason so far was the dance group/ club that was trying to gather funds to go to New York. **** you, I would really like to go myself!

I ignore bag packers. I make a point of packing my bags and giving them nothing. F*ck off.

I also really hate the way people beg at ATM's.

I hate chuggers too, although I do delight in barking pro-life lines at the Amnesty chuggers of late, and telling the Dogs Trust people that I have an unfunded sanctuary at home. The Hare Krishnas are about the least annoying and most innocuous of all the people in town trying to grab your attention and your money :) All they want to do is beat their little drums and take you to Govindas for a free vegan meal :D

People assuming that if something is missing that it must be on my desk...and not even f*cking apologizing when they do find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

"fcuking humans, any excuse to look to their friends like they're having a good time, I just lick my own balls, keeps me happy" :pac:

I guess those parties are too tame for you jack but at least keep your trousers on for the sake of everyone else. :)

• Advertisement

Definitely a candidate for botox today. Deep, dark ridges are grounded into my forehead so rich that cabbages could sprout out of them in time for the festive season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

People assuming that if something is missing that it must be on my desk...and not even f*cking apologizing when they do find it.

I hate this especially when youre on the phone and someone shuffles through your stuff for an envelope or something and when you glare at them they just wave it in the air and smile..Keep your hands off my desk.. muppet:mad:

I ignore bag packers. I make a point of packing my bags and giving them nothing. F*ck off.

I also really hate the way people beg at ATM's.

I hate chuggers too, although I do delight in barking pro-life lines at the Amnesty chuggers of late, and telling the Dogs Trust people that I have an unfunded sanctuary at home. The Hare Krishnas are about the least annoying and most innocuous of all the people in town trying to grab your attention and your money :) All they want to do is beat their little drums and take you to Govindas for a free vegan meal :D

I read the last bit as "going for a free vagina".

It's official, I need help (or a trip to Specsavers).

I'm sure they wouldn't be quite as marginalised as they are if it were free vaginas they were offering :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

No such thing as a free vagina.... You either pay up front or get hit with the hidden charges long term. Either way, you pay.

• Advertisement

No such thing as a free vagina.... You either pay up front or get hit with the hidden charges long term. Either way, you pay.

It's the woman that pays, not the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Stranger Danger

When people 'borrow' your stapler and then don't give it back.

Is it a Swingline?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who borrow stuff and don't give it back. You can borrow any tools or garden furniture or anything I have, but, bring it back back when you say you'll bring it back, and put it back where you got it. I recently gave a loan of power washer to Brother in law, he rings me after 2 weeks to say he's finished with it, did a right job, and to say I could collect it on my home someday as I pass his house. I did collect it, but that's the last time he'll get anything from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

And I thought men only had selective hearing;):P

Now I know we have a few animal lovers here and all, but I can't keep this one in -

A birthday party, for a dog. Now I know the person putting on the party loves her animals (veterinarian nurse, works with animals, has a houseload of cats, dogs, rabbits, etc)...

But a birthday party, for the dog.

Maybe I'm just not with it any more, but it's the poor dog I feel bad for, lol, "fcuking humans, any excuse to look to their friends like they're having a good time, I just lick my own balls, keeps me happy" :pac:

Depends on the party content. I had planned one for my last dog, as she had a progressive, degenerative disease equivalent to motor neuron disease in people. I knew that her birthday would be her last and I wanted people to be able to say goodbye to her. People that she knew and loved, and that loved her. People who would bring her toys and treats and make a fuss, as that was what she loved. In the end, she was too sick and I didn't go through with it. When she passed, we had a wake, which presumably is for "humans only" also but it was a beautiful way to say goodbye to her and I have no regrets about doing it. She reposed in a handmade coffin surrounded by lillies. Lots of people came and had some drinks, shared food and shared stories about her (some I didn't know of before!). We showed a video of her best pics to Billy Joel's lullabye and between us, made sure that her body wasn't alone at any stage for the 48 hours.

I don't think there is anything wrong with celebrating the life or death of a loved one - no matter how many legs they might have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcnd55tLCv8

TA that I may have just killed the TA thread with doggy death sadness :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

TA at the world, I'm sick again, I've got college things due which I should have done last week but was also sick then and couldn't be arsed. the rest of my lectures and labs today were cancelled and tomorrow I have to give a presentation for my FYP which I haven't prepared yet, and the rest of the weeks college is cancelled, after the last week and a half also being cancelled.

Can't do anything interesting with my free time because I've constantly got college work hanging over my head and I'm too sick / can't be arsed, to do anything interesting anyway.

Also I paid three euro for parking today and was only in college for an hour before I found out the rest of the day was cancelled.

there was a little dog at college today and I rubbed him for a second which was pretty good though, so at least there's that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Really hate going into the gp. Don't find them any good. As usual I come out feeling annoyed. Went to the bank then and got told I looked 12 by one of the customer service agents. I'm sick of being told how young I look. Makes me kinda of wish that I could grow facial hair-ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was at a children's hospital today, and as usual there's a sign up saying the car park is full. The hassle then trying to find parking nearby. On leaving the clampers were out, with a Garda presumably overseeing, about to clamp two cars. All I could think was I hope to God they are not cars belonging to parents, who had to park there in desperation since the car park was full. That's all you'd need on top of having a sick child :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement