Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

73Cat wrote: »
    I was at a children's hospital today, and as usual there's a sign up saying the car park is full. The hassle then trying to find parking nearby. On leaving the clampers were out, with a Garda presumably overseeing, about to clamp two cars. All I could think was I hope to God they are not cars belonging to parents, who had to park there in desperation since the car park was full. That's all you'd need on top of having a sick child :(

That is an absolute pain in the ar$e for Temple Street. The clampers are just lurking there.
    My daughter was in there for a operation last year so there was lots of in and outs and physio follow ups.
    The main annoyance about the parking situation there is that they have a deal with a nearby carpark where the hospital validates your parking ticket when you leave and you get a discounted rate. They barely advertise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Flickering lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

"I haven't read the book but it's shiite"

"I haven't seen the movie but it's shiite"

"I haven't heard the tune but it's shiite"

Nope, you haven't done any of the above so you don't have an opinion!

Bugs me when people can't simply say that they don't have enough information to make a statement one way or the other. They have to have some kind of input. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

NOS3 wrote: »
    Flickering lights.

Just turned on the hall light. It blew. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I cant even think of a TA at the moment, but something is definitely annoying me at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

mud wrote: »

Had to replace 2 bulbs in the space of 5 minutes here over weekend,

Why do they always blow when it is dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The Mace 2 litre milk cartons. The plastic they're made of is inferior to the Avonmore version. They burst in the fridge the whole time, leaving a puddle of milk. I'm sick of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I live in student accomodation and the lights are tricky to change, usually the maintenance man's responsibility. My annoyance is I don't speak the language here yet and my native housemate refuses to ask the maintenance man to come change our kitchen light bulb. We don't even have a window in the kitchen. If the stand off continues, I will have to ask with the aid of googl translate :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Menas wrote: »
    I cant even think of a TA at the moment, but something is definitely annoying me at the moment...

Those are the worst ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Walked into bathroom this morn with socks and no shoes. Straight into a puddle from the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I am suffering from a severe case of Workitis.Im usually very careful with my annual leave but after nearly 2 weeks off Im after applying for another day off this week.it was the only thing that could get me through the day. I really deserve a rich (gorgeous:pac:) man or a lotto win...soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Concert Videos: I'm TA at directors who keep cutting away from the band, to random people in the audience bopping away. As if we need reminding that there is an audience?

In my experience, the "gold standard" concert film is Stop Making Sense by the Talking Heads. It has a great director (Jonathan Demme, who went to on to direct Silence of the Lambs) and an innovative set design: from one guy with a guitar and a boombox, the stage, set and the band are built up as the concert progresses. The audience is heard a bit, but not shown at all until the encore. The result is more than a "concert film": it's a work of art.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

bnt wrote: »
    Concert Videos: I'm TA at directors who keep cutting away from the band, to random people in the audience bopping away. As if we need reminding that there is an audience?

In my experience, the "gold standard" concert film is Stop Making Sense by the Talking Heads. It has a great director (Jonathan Demme, who went to on to direct Silence of the Lambs) and an innovative set design: from one guy with a guitar and a boombox, the stage, set and the band are built up as the concert progresses. The audience is heard a bit, but not shown at all until the encore. The result is more than a "concert film": it's a work of art.
    Im going to watch that.SOTL is one of my favourite films,frightens the s*ite out of me everytime I watch it and I used to love Talking Heads years ago..I will report back.:pac:

I thought I saw an ad for 100 ways to Kill my Mammy:o and it was meant to be on tonight but I cant find it and cant remember the channel.

I got that Sky on Demand thing months ago and its still in the box because Im too lazy (and hate techy thingys) to connect it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Booked an appointment with the dentist. This must be what going to confession feels like.

Bless me doctor for I have sinned, it has been X years since my last visit. Mmhm, Ive been brushing 3 times a day. (will probably sound a bit more garbled as I have a mans hand in my mouth)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Booked an appointment with the dentist. This must be what going to confession feels like.

Bless me doctor for I have sinned, it has been X years since my last visit. Mmhm, Ive been brushing 3 times a day. (will probably sound a bit more garbled as I have a mans hand in my mouth)

My dentist is a woman Randy, comes highly recommended, does a mean job of keeping my choppers in top condition too, so good in fact that I've had to break a tooth twice this year alone! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

mud wrote: »

Something blew in the old television in my room last week. Had to sleep in a different room that night, the smell of melted plastic was toxic. Following morning I wake up and bathroom light goes. About two weeks ago the light above the cooker blew. I don't frighten easy but there was plenty of expletives when that happened. There's a lot of bulbs blowing around me lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

My dentist is a woman Randy, comes highly recommended......

Am I the only one here that read that as - My dentist is a randy woman....

TA now, that I had to delete the PM I was about to send to One eyed Jack after I reread it.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dentists are lovely but I hate them.

If people were honest about it they would hate them too.

Who wants anyone poking around in your gob (while you are lying down) and giving out about the state of your choppers every opportunity. Has to be a law agin that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Because you only turn them on when it's dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Who wants anyone poking around in your gob (while you are lying down) and giving out about the state of your choppers every opportunity. Has to be a law agin that.

I'd love to know what you think about Gynaecologists so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Tangled earphones....

How can they get so tangled when they've been in my pocket for less than 2 minutes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

hogey143 wrote: »
    Tangled earphones....

How can they get so tangled when they've been in my pocket for less than 2 minutes?

Sounds like you need zipper earphones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

hogey143 wrote: »
    Tangled earphones....

Wearing them with work ID Lanyards is a pain in the hole as well, most days I've to untangle the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Dial Hard wrote: »

They put in a hard day at the orifice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

On hearing the brilliant news of a surprise pregnancy ( not under this roof thank God :)) I was so distracted doing dinner that I put a lamb chop on my plate and ate it. I hate lamb, haven't touched it in years...

Trying to convince myself to exercise is so damn hard sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Taking what I consider to be sub-standard painkillers (solpadeine) because you don't have proper painkillers (nurofen+) to hand, and then when you have an opportunity to buy nurofen+, not being able to because you've already used up your allowed dose of codeine on the sub standard ones :( What a waste.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Taking what I consider to be sub-standard painkillers (solpadeine) because you don't have proper painkillers (nurofen+) to hand, and then when you have an opportunity to buy nurofen+, not being able to because you've already used up your allowed dose of codeine on the sub standard ones :( What a waste.

Did the chemist give you the third degree? They usually me feel like I am trying score crystal meth or heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Rocket. I hate the stuff, but these days it's impossible to get a salad without it, and it's also in sambos sometimes. Totally ruins the taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Did the chemist give you the third degree? They usually me feel like I am trying score crystal meth or heroin.

They always do. F*cking maddening. Even more annoying are the questions when you purchase a box of feminax alongside a box of tampons - what could they possibly be for? Or are the tampons a smokescreen? And would I be f*cking bothered?

Meanwhile outside is like something from Night of the Living Dead as the junkies who made off without consuming their methadone in front of the pharmacist attempt to trade it for blue-ies and fags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

People driving either without fog lights on when it is foggy or even better no lights on. Seriously do they not understand this is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

My Trivial Annoyance, the little f**ker who crashed into me this morning while I was waiting at the bus stop and he was cycling on the footpath. Whacked my elbow, knocked my handbag off and kept going, no wait, turned around to laugh at me and then kept going.

so now i have a big bruised sore elbow and i hate cyclists even more!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Nobody over the age of 10 should be allowed to cycle on the footpath. Ever. No good can come of it.

TA'd that I ate way too much at lunchtime and am now sleepy for the afternoon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Walked into bathroom this morn with socks and no shoes. Straight into a puddle from the shower.
    This morning, I was watching the telly in the dark when I had to get up for something. As I started to walk, my bare left foot stubbed something in the dark, making me automatically step back...the full weight of my heel landing on my other foot, causing loads of blood flow from my big toe. (There has been a dodgy nail situation...). :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Mams prescription strength solpadeine ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I rang the doctors office once to make an appointment as I was unwell.
    The receptionist asked me the following - 'Are you sick?'
    No, I'm just ringing to sicken you with news of my outrageously good health.

Trying to convince myself to exercise is so damn hard sometimes.

There's nothing worse that that, when you just can't motivate yourself. You end up skipping a couple of days and then when you get back into the zone, you feel really guilty about those sessions you missed.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Dial Hard wrote: »

If people were honest about it they would hate them too.

They put in a hard day at the orifice

Well played eisenberg......

Your Face wrote: »
    I rang the doctors office once to make an appointment as I was unwell.
    The receptionist asked me the following - 'Are you sick?'
    No, I'm just ringing to sicken you with news of my outrageously good health.

"Just how sick are you?"

"Well, I am in bed with my sister....."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Got my shopping done on the way home. Had a lovely dinner and obligatory coffee and was about to start work when the batteries in my keyboard went. So I had to go all the way back to the shop again. I don't know what people in the Stix do. So sweepy now :(

Agreeing to provide a reference for a former part-time staff member from a few years back, and then getting a reference request from their potential future employer with about fifty million questions... Why so many.....??? go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There might be a bit of OCD involved here, but it really anoys me that the 50 cent coin is bigger than the €1 coin. Like seriously. . Why would someone think that it be a good idea?

The 5 and 10 cent coins doesn't really bother me because that just gets thrown into a cup but every time I take change out of my pocket and go to stack it on the side board, I say dam you Merkel.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There might be a bit of OCD involved here, but it really anoys me that the 50 cent coin is bigger than the €1 coin.

All depends on the extent of the impact it has on your life really, but tbh I'd say if it's just a case of it really annoying you, then probably not ' a bit of OCD', or any other mental health condition really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Riddle101

There might be a bit of OCD involved here, but it really anoys me that the 50 cent coin is bigger than the €1 coin. Like seriously. . Why would someone think that it be a good idea?

The 5 and 10 cent coins doesn't really bother me because that just gets thrown into a cup but every time I take change out of my pocket and go to stack it on the side board, I say dam you Merkel.

Remember when we had the Punt, and the 50p coin was like an Heptagon or something. All the others coins were round but the 50p was the only one that stood out because it was a different shape :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Not OCD at all Charlie, but it's kinda useful for people with visual impairments ;)

http://www.ecb.europa.eu/euro/visually/html/index.en.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Cyclists thinking they are Stephen Roche racing down the road to work, calm down buddy gonna give yerself a heart attack :)

Getting my days mixed up, going in to watch a programme and catch-up and realising I'm already up to date with it.

Idiots that go walking in the pitch black around a blind turn, with no pavement, in dark clothes and no reflective jackets or lights.

Do you want to get knocked down? I was cycling home from somewhere one day and almost cycled into one of them.

Looking back over old facebook photos where I don't belong, to the point that I'm practically torturing myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Me: "hello, can a book an appointment to see the doctor please"

Receptionist: "No problem, we are quite busy though so it will be the week after next. Next available appointment is Tuesday the 17th... Do you want morning or afternoon?"

Me: "Neither thanks... I'll be better or dead by then."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement