Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Did the chemist give you the third degree? They usually me feel like I am trying score crystal meth or heroin.

Same here!! Last time I was buying tampax with them and they asked me what they were for!!!!! Kinda waved my other purchase around and had to actually tell them. Pharmacist said I would need to go to the GP for prescription if "my problem" persisted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Haha only 30 odd years of it 'persisting'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

new ''funny'' apps being released onto facebook and every second post is someone using said app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You go years without getting a puncture on your car...and then two happen within a month of eachother...and both on rainey days.
    Grrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Robsweezie wrote: »
    new ''funny'' apps being released onto facebook and every second post is someone using said app

and their prize is;

a one way ticket to 'blocked' town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

It is 7.15am on a drizzly, depressing morning and I would love to be in bed, but instead, no, I have to sit on the luas and watch some absolute attention seeking, hippie looking, smug **** stain opposite me do his morning stretches.

This involves hanging off the bar with his feet dangling in the air, using the bar to stretch forward and back, neck and shoulder rolls, arms out to side while holding up one leg in the air at a time etc. And the hip gyrations I had to endure while sitting eye level with his crotch were the icing on the cake.

And all the while he was emitting little sighs and had a look on his face like he was just about to reach multiple orgasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Vel wrote: »
    It is 7.15am on a drizzly, depressing morning and I would love to be in bed, but instead, no, I have to sit on the luas and watch some absolute attention seeking, hippie looking, smug **** stain opposite me do his morning stretches.

This involves hanging off the bar with his feet dangling in the air, using the bar to stretch forward and back, neck and shoulder rolls, arms out to side while holding up one leg in the air at a time etc. And the hip gyrations I had to endure while sitting eye level with his crotch were the icing on the cake.

And all the while he was emitting little sighs and had a look on his face like he was just about to reach multiple orgasm.

I feel like I'm missing out for not having experienced some of the stuff that goes on on the Luas, you don't really see that many eccentric types around Limerick... :p

(although in saying that, there's that whole - if you can't spot the eccentric type, you are the... and really, I'm not! :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If you're on the red line there's a chance that it's just a strung out junky getting extreme twitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

There is a skater boy or skater man? Well he looks about 45. He comes around to where i live to practice his skating skills. He uses the path to do his jumps.

He always parks right in front of my house, takes off his top, does a few lunges and squats in front of my window and then jumps on his skateboard down the road.

I dont know how to feel about him. Sometimes he repulses me, other times, id admire the fact that he just doesnt give a **** :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Neverforgotten

There is some one behind me on the bus that keeps saying " xxxx is my fave thing";
    Constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

At lunchtime yesterday I had to endure the sight of some gom in full lycra gear in the middle of Eyre Square in Galway spread along a bench doing press-ups.
    How sad must it to be so insecure that you have to have the general public witness you doing a basic exercise that you'd normally do at home.
    Gom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that no one is answering my Community Employment query in the State Benefits forum.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Just heard an ad for Supervalu, but the female voice pronounced Super as 'see-you-per'.

I'm more of a 'soup-or' man myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Im in work today with nothing at all to do. It's harder to pretend to work than actually work. Doesn't help that my pc screen faces my office door and instantly viewable to anyone who walks in.

I'm in the same boat.

It is a **** boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

"Just how sick are you?"

"Well, I am in bed with my sister....."

Unless your Doc is Dr Jethro Hill-Billy,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Waiting around for something to be delivered. Couldn't get an estimate either, just 'today'. Deliver it already!

While looking out the window watching a dog crap on the communal green, a spider came down the outside of the window and then a bee/wasp came and grabbed the spider and went off with it, never seen that before, and the dog fecked off too leaving it parcel while I was distracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

selous wrote: »
    While looking out the window watching a dog crap on the communal green, a spider came down the outside of the window and then a bee/wasp came and grabbed the spider and went off with it, never seen that before, and the dog fecked off too leaving it parcel while I was distracted.

As you do!

As you do!

not allowed shoot it, so can only look. :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Seeing there is a new post on one of my other favourite threads, get all excited only to find it's not a new story but a jokey/ smart ass reply to a post before it. I need to get out more !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at the fact that the canteen in work pissed away a load of money on rebranding themselves and used it as an excuse to reduce the quality and quantity of food they serve. Cheeky fcukers charged 4 quid (sterling) for a 5 year old's portion of stew today, still hungry afterwards so ended up buying a Sainsburys meal deal afterwards. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My mother got me a box of mince pies from M&S up in Dublin a couple of weekends ago. I love them, but put them up till a bit closer to Christmas. Just decided I really fancied one now, and took them down to discover the best before date is tomorrow. Does this mean I have to eat all the pies ??? Seriously though, mince pies best before tomorrow? Pah !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

73Cat wrote: »
    My mother got me a box of mince pies from M&S up in Dublin a couple of weekends ago. I love them, but put them up till a bit closer to Christmas. Just decided I really fancied one now, and took them down to discover the best before date is tomorrow. Does this mean I have to eat all the pies ??? Seriously though, mince pies best before tomorrow? Pah !

You wouldn't want to see good food go to waste ;)

TA that I'm salivating for a mince pie now myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A pox on all mince pies, disgusting food for the devil. Vile sh1t. :D

Enjoy:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mince Pies that need to be consumed immediately. I'm on my way.

Please tell me its a bonus 6 +2 pack?

I got well pee'd off the other morning when I seen my kids tucking into my pack of mince pies. I know they dont like them, they know they dont like them, so they'll take a bit of each one, throw it in the bin. Then take the next and hope it's something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

GTFO :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's a TA at Christmas when people ask 'do you not like mince pies?'

There's very little of the fare I don't tuck into with gusto but not mince pies thanks

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

went to the doctor about my pilonidal cyst this morning, she tells me I definitely have to get surgery. 2-3 months of packing a large hole above my ass with gauze and whatever else every god damn day

then, feeling sorry for myself, I went to aldi and bought some curly wurlys, gummi bears as well as some burgers and waffles, cos im staying at dads the next couple of nights while he's away and he has no food there.

i get to dads and realise i've left the burgers and waffles at home and I'm here for the next two days with nothing but chocolate bars and gummi bears, and the thoughts of eating any of them right now actually makes me sick

and because I had bought all this food (that i ****ing forgot to bring with me), I didn't bother bringing any money with me so even if I wanted to walk the 40-50 minutes to the nearest shop it wouldn't do me any good

I am not having a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Still not knowing what TA stands for..............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 LeTickler

In any contentious/disputed topic but especially politics, you get a story with some menial headline like 'Free German classes for the over 65s to be dropped'.

Followed on forums by the likes of 'this is surely the final proof of the end of party x'.

'Party y are now guaranteed success oh i am so happy woohoo my life is complete while those who previously disagreed with me are broken and left crying in a puddle'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 LeTickler

strelok wrote: »
    went to the doctor about my pilonidal cyst this morning, she tells me I definitely have to get surgery. 2-3 months of packing a large hole above my ass with gauze and whatever else every god damn day

then, feeling sorry for myself, I went to aldi and bought some curly wurlys, gummi bears as well as some burgers and waffles, cos im staying at dads the next couple of nights while he's away and he has no food there.

i get to dads and realise i've left the burgers and waffles at home and I'm here for the next two days with nothing but chocolate bars and gummi bears, and the thoughts of eating any of them right now actually makes me sick

and because I had bought all this food (that i ****ing forgot to bring with me), I didn't bother bringing any money with me so even if I wanted to walk the 40-50 minutes to the nearest shop it wouldn't do me any good

I am not having a good day

On the brightside youve now got two butt holes.
    Most ppl only get the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I googled pilonidal cyst. :(

My sympathies Strelok.

I've got wanker's wrist and I'm a woman :(

jj72 wrote: »

There is a prize if you can figure it out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Totally Awesome. :pac:

eternal wrote: »
    I've got wanker's wrist and I'm a woman :(

Is that anything like fanny fiddlers finger?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeyrooo

nobody knows anymore.. monkey see monkey do..
    http://www.wisdompills.com/2014/05/28/the-famous-social-experiment-5-monkeys-a-ladder/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Trivial Annoyance.... Ha, NOOB!

*Disclaimer* I had to ask a few days ago

Why people are now starting every sentence with "So" or replying to a question with "Soo", it just sounds rehearsed. There's even some threads on this site and they start the question with "So".
    So I was walking down the road.
    So I'm buying a house.

it's getting as annoying as "Going forward".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Was in a retro games shop in Cork yesterday.

They had nothing in the shop priced ..... so you have to go up to the counter and ask how much stuff is and the guy go's on eBay and adds 10 euro to the buy it now price lol.

And a lot of his stuff has seen way better days ....

Where's that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Why people are now starting every sentence with "So" or replying to a question with "Soo", it just sounds rehearsed. There's even some threads on this site and they start the question with "So".
    So I'm buying a house.

Arrrghh I HATE THIS.

There's a woman on that Channel 4 show, Sunday Brunch, and she does alcohol reviews with the presenters.
    Here's a typical conversation:
    "So what have we got this week?"
    "So here we have a really nice gin and it's quite strong.."
    "What about this one here? What's that one?"
    "So this one here is a port. Really nice with cheese."
    "Ooh yes, and is it expensive?"
    "So this one here is £100."

Every fcuking sentence starts with "so". It boils my p*ss!

Is that anything like fanny fiddlers finger?:eek:

No!! Oh you're too naughty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

fussyonion wrote: »
    Arrrghh I HATE THIS.

There's a woman on that Channel 4 show, Sunday Brunch, and she does alcohol reviews with the presenters.

And I suppose you might as well pour the five-star tawny down a sow's throat. "Really nice with cheese" is fcukan right! :pac::pac::pac:

eternal wrote: »
    No!! Oh you're too naughty :)

You are the one with the **** wrist;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

So I'm buying a house.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Arrrghh I HATE THIS.

I'm guessing that neither of ye are from Cork then? Very common to start and end a sentence with ''so'' here, I do it all the time :pac: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that neither of ye are from Cork then? Very common to start and end a sentence with ''so'' here, I do it all the time :pac: :o

So, so do I so I do.

Medusa22 wrote: »

The girl on Anton Savage this morning everything he asked her the reply started with "so" then the "like" came in too and the sentence ended with the last word sounding {like an Aussie}, higher, She wasn't from Cork either.

Only one word should follow "so" and that's what!!:D

The girl on Anton Savage this morning everything he asked her the reply started with "so" then the "like" came in too and the sentence ended with the last word sounding {like an Aussie}, higher, She wasn't from Cork either.

Only one word should follow "so" and that's what!!:D

Buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"Sorry, this seller does not deliver to Ireland"

Well f*ck.You. You didn't have a problem coming over during the 12th Century!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

OldNotWIse wrote:
    Well f*ck.You. You didn't have a problem coming over during the 12th Century!

I use amazon.de these days, you seem to be more likely to find a seller that ships to Ireland over there. Ridiculous!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement