Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I just told a colleague that I was out with last night that I am hanging today and just want to go home, have some tea, watch Netlix and chill.

Apparently he took it as some kind of invitation... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I just told a colleague that I was out with last night that I am hanging today and just want to go home, have some tea, watch Netlix and chill.

Apparently he took it as some kind of invitation... :eek:

Switz swoooo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I had to drive across the city this morn and the amount of ass*ole drivers around had to be seen to be believed. Sure just open your door out full just as Im passing and be sure to pull out with no fcuking indicators and just run across the road in front of me dodging the rain because its better to get knocked down that get wet.
    Im going to buy a banger and ram into anyone that pulls out without checking their mirror,open out your door and Im going to blow it off and if you run out in front of me you better be a fast fcukin runner. As for the cyclists...I wont even go there:mad:

When I win the lotto Im building a road network just for boardsies:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    When I win the lotto Im building a road network just for boardsies:pac:

I suspect that a lot of boardsies are bad drivers, honking their horn all the time, giving other drivers the finger and ignoring the rules of the road.

Best keep it a more select road network user group!

Menas wrote: »
    I suspect that a lot of boardsies are bad drivers, honking their horn all the time, giving other drivers the finger and ignoring the rules of the road.

I cant exclude myself :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

So I buy a roll of black bin liners earlier, remove the packaging and then rip a bin bag from the roll. I then spent the next fives minutes trying to grip & physically separate the plastic tips of the bin bag. It's the 21st and surely manufacturers are capable of producing bin bags, that don't require MacGyver skills to open them.:(
    ...only to find that I've been trying to open the wrong end of the bin bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When you ask Facebook to "show you less" of a person's posts, but their posts continue to saturate your newsfeed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

73Cat wrote: »
    Seeing there is a new post on one of my other favourite threads, get all excited only to find it's not a new story but a jokey/ smart ass reply to a post before it. I need to get out more !

Was it by any chance the "Creepy / Unnerving Things" thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

"Sorry, this seller does not deliver to Ireland"

Well f*ck.You. You didn't have a problem coming over during the 12th Century!

I heard a rumour that An Post are pondering the setting up a UK address for Irish shoppers, then they'll deliver them to your address as normal,
    true or not I don't know, but would be handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

selous wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that An Post are pondering the setting up a UK address for Irish shoppers, then they'll deliver them to your address as normal,
    true or not I don't know, but would be handy.

Do parcel motel not do something similar already, that they give you a virtual address or some such that they take delivery in the UK, and then it's delivered down to the nearest parcel motel depot.

I think that's the way it works, off the top of my head and just from talking to other people, I've never had to use it myself.

Actually, I know it's been mentioned here before, and I wasn't sure what AIB advert everyone was talking about because as far as I was concerned - they're all annoying!

But, oh wow have AIB even outdone themselves this time with their "Do you always give the ball back?". I don't know who they think they're appealing to, or trying to sell mortgage packages to, because it sure as hell isn't children buying them! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Why is he asking about always getting the ball back when he seems to be living miles away? I dont get it..

TAing when Im watching something I recorded and forget to fast forward through the ads and then trying to FF through them when Im watching stuff thats not recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

I feel like I'm missing out for not having experienced some of the stuff that goes on on the Luas, you don't really see that many eccentric types around Limerick... :p

(although in saying that, there's that whole - if you can't spot the eccentric type, you are the... and really, I'm not! :o)

lol, there is oddballs every where you know, I am always approached by randomers (I don't know maybe I give off a vibe) and chuggers but I don't invite the interaction -though maybe I'm too polite to them when they talk to me- and they do exist in Limerick too, as I was once approached by a schizophrenic at a bus stop, nice lady but quite random :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Menas wrote: »

I agree and that select group should be the regulars of the TA thread.

No doubt our driving is of such an extremely high standard, the slightest driving error is likely to bring down our wrath. So it's probably best to keep mere mortals off our road network.

That said, I predict that this proposal could turn out to be very TA. Since we'd probably end up with no driving related rants anymore.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Its been 5 days since I read or posted on boards because I've just been too busy and tired. I was having withdrawal symptoms.

My cats won't stop playing. I just want them to snuggle and be cute.

My phone charger is about to give way and not work anymore. So annoying when they don't last for longer than a couple of months!

Itches that just won't go away!!!

I missed this thread. I've had millions of TA's over the past few days but right now I can't remember them. I've the memory of a goldfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Do parcel motel not do something similar already, that they give you a virtual address or some such that they take delivery in the UK, and then it's delivered down to the nearest parcel motel depot.

I think that's the way it works, off the top of my head and just from talking to other people, I've never had to use it myself...

They have a depot in Newtonabbey, Co. Antrim and you're assigned a slot there based on your customer ID. This gives you a UK address, kosher postcode and all. Nightline couriers do the shunting from there to various pickup points down here. Great facility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

jimgoose wrote: »
    They have a depot in Newtonabbey, Co. Antrim and you're assigned a slot there based on your customer ID. This gives you a UK address, kosher postcode and all. Nightline couriers do the shunting from there to various pickup points down here. Great facility.
    Frequently use it even when the seller posts to Ireland as the parcel motel cost is usually less (frequently significantly less) than the additional cost the seller charges to post to an Irish rather than UK address. This, plus the convenience of being able to pick up the parcel at a time when it suits me rather than having someone available to accept delivery makes it an attractive option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Referring to bringing kids to school as the "school run".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How nearly ever AA Roadwatch report starts off as a weather report.

"Its wet out there this morning so drive carefully". No sh1t Sherlock.

If people drive faster in the rain then they shouldn't be on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

The word 'detox', what a load of marketing bull****! Your body can detox itself without use of your shite product or diet. It doesn't need to be 'cleansed' or 'rinsed'. Sad the amount of books and products sold on the basis of using this word! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

selous wrote: »
    Why people are now starting every sentence with "So" or replying to a question with "Soo", it just sounds rehearsed. There's even some threads on this site and they start the question with "So".
    So I was walking down the road.
    So I'm buying a house.

it's getting as annoying as "Going forward".

In no way is this a new thing.

• Advertisement

Frequently use it even when the seller posts to Ireland as the parcel motel cost is usually less (frequently significantly less) than the additional cost the seller charges to post to an Irish rather than UK address. This, plus the convenience of being able to pick up the parcel at a time when it suits me rather than having someone available to accept delivery makes it an attractive option for me.

Absolutely. PM charge €3.95 per delivery, and with Amazon UK and eBay and the like UK delivery is often free, so even when sellers do post to Ireland at some outrageous charge PM is way better. You pick up your stuff from automated depots with loads of little compartments that open automatically using your phone number and a PIN they send you per-delivery. They used to be in cahoots with Topaz and had these systems in their forecourts, but I think that came apart. My local one is in a shopping-centre car-park these days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I came into work early this morning and raided the house for something to snack on at my desk before leaving. I was looking for some sort of granola bar but found a f*cking doughnut so grabbed that bad boy.

Got into the office all excited about the pastry delight, sat down at my desk with a cup of coffee and unwrapped the doughnut. It felt a small bit sticky.

Wolfed the f*cker down. It was covered in sugar and some sort of icing and i'm guessing glue. I'm normally proud of when I eat something that's so bad that I need to wash myself after, but this one is taking the p*ss. I had to wash my face, hands, arms and beard afterwards.
    I probably need to get a new keyboard and mouse from IT as it feels yucky. I'm waiting for the cleaner to appear in the office to ask for her idustrial strenght clearner to sort out my desk. The empty coffee mug is still on my desk and I'm afraid to touch it in case my hand sticks to it.

It was a delicious doughnut, but I not satisfied with the level of cleanup required afterwards.

Deals (from a certain company) that purport to be discounted based on the buying power of groups, and the f*cking repetition of them. Page after page of "offers" of dental scale and treatment, Escape to (from?) Roscommon, Steak on a stone, pedicures and designer bags and watches that instantly lose value when 80% is knocked of their retail price. I'm also not interested in DVD rental, a cut, blowdry and condition or having my gutters serviced :eek:

All laptops are shít. All of them, inclulding the ones that cost around €2,000. Silly little toys with their silly little single-spindle mass-storage, and people depending on a roller-bearing the size of a pinhead or a mainboard slapped together in a rice-paddy to hold all their, sometimes valuable, data. At least use a backup, in the name a' Cheeses! "But... but... you're a computer person! Fix it!! Please!!?!??!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Deals (from a certain company) that purport to be discounted based on the buying power of groups, and the f*cking repetition of them. Page after page of "offers" of dental scale and treatment, Escape to (from?) Roscommon, Steak on a stone, pedicures and designer bags and watches that instantly lose value when 80% is knocked of their retail price. I'm also not interested in DVD rental, a cut, blowdry and condition or having my gutters serviced :eek:

I'm waiting for someone to say oh but you need your gutters serviced.

eternal wrote: »
    I'm waiting for someone to say oh but you need your gutters serviced.

Me too :o Though they had a good seeing to last night during the Netflix and Chill session :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Where's this ah...deal available then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

When the fly in jeans/chinos is buttons rather than a zip - in no universe is this ever preferable...the absolute lunatic who thought this up is surely boiling in hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was trying to be all organised today and have it that I didn't have to set foot in a shop tomorrow. I got all the stuff I needed for tomorrow's dinner, and realised I'd forgotten the tin of tomatoes when I got home.
    Putting petrol into the car, and going over the amount I wanted by one poxy cent. Having to pay that cent, because I'm paying by card :(

• Advertisement

When the fly in jeans/chinos is buttons rather than a zip - in no universe is this ever preferable...the absolute lunatic who thought this up is surely boiling in hell

Ohh the button flys in jeans are a lifesaver! :eek:

The amount of zips I burst, until I happened upon button fly's, so handy because I could button them back up once the... 'swelling' had gone down... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Got my new passport yesterday in the post and put my signature in the personal details bit (photo page) and realised that it was changed to the following paper page. I'm hoping I haven't voided my passport now, is it just a matter of putting a single line through incorrect signature.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Got my new passport yesterday in the post and put my signature in the personal details bit (photo page) and realised that it was changed to the following paper page. I'm hoping I haven't voided my passport now, is it just a matter of putting a single line through incorrect signature.

Legal document and all that, I'd say call the passport office and ask...

(that is of course if you hadn't already thought of that in the meantime :o)

Ohh the button flys in jeans are a lifesaver! :eek:

The amount of zips I burst, until I happened upon button fly's, so handy because I could button them back up once the... 'swelling' had gone down... :pac:

:p

eternal wrote: »
    Where's this ah...deal available then?
    Im heading out in town tonight so I will PM you in the morn if I spot any good gutter deals..;)

The cost of those Playstation games is an absolute rip off.I went over to collect a pre ordered game just now and was told to pick up a season pass as well(I dont even know what that is) ,anyway went over and it cost me 120e..FFS how can they justify that? Good guttering money down the drain.:mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Colser wrote: »
    Im heading out in town tonight so I will PM you in the morn if I spot any good gutter deals..;)

The cost of those Playstation games is an absolute rip off.I went over to collect a pre ordered game just now and was told to pick up a season pass as well(I dont even know what that is) ,anyway went over and it cost me 120e..FFS how can they justify that? Good guttering money down the drain.:mad::D

You could also get a crow guard installed while he is up there, keep the cost down and all that;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

May as well consider if the guttering is being done, can anything else be added to the deal.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    May as well consider if the guttering is being done, can anything else be added to the deal.

Might as well get the back chimney cleaned out too :pac:

I hate those rubbish snips on facebook, "blah blah blah" followed by "you won't believe what happens next" or "what happens next will make you cry" - f*ck off like, I will decide what makes me cry or whether or not I believe what happens next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

At lunchtime yesterday I had to endure the sight of some gom in full lycra gear in the middle of Eyre Square in Galway spread along a bench doing press-ups.
    How sad must it to be so insecure that you have to have the general public witness you doing a basic exercise that you'd normally do at home.
    Gom.

Is there some kind of epidemic of this in Galway? Around 7 o'clock on Monday evening I witnessed something similar at the entrance to Dunnes in Terryland. Young lad, prostrate on the path, going ninety-to-the-dozen with the press-ups, presumably trying to impress some young wan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Might as well get the back chimney cleaned out too :pac:

Would be a major TA if that got blocked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Would be a major TA if that got blocked up.

I have a vision in my head of Dick Van Dyke goin at it with Mary Poppins::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I have a vision in my head of Dick Van Dyke goin at it with Mary Poppins::eek:

So I pop into the thread and the first post I read, ends up being the last post in the world that I'd want to read.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

+1

Cannot abide the button fly. Also, whatever happened to hook and eye closures on trousers? So much more comfortable than waist buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

The neighbours in the apartment above us screaming and shouting and banging, they aren't as loud as yesterday but it is every few days at this stage :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was hungry and lazy Wednesday evening, so I picked up a Thai Red curry to reheat in Tesco. Shovelled it in and burned the gob off meself, I'm still in bits today with a raw patch on the inside of my cheek. To make it worse, it was a puny portion, only about 5 little prawns in it. I would have eaten 3 of them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This morning an acquaintance on FB posts*"__ is a lovely name for my baby. F**k off anyone who has a problem with it"

Twelve hours earlier (after 100th pic of said baby): just look at the latest picture of my baby, a prospective of which no-one else ever in the history of social media has ever taken.

Two hours after the earlier complaining post: "anyone know where someone can buy cute baby Christmas clothes?"

An hour later: Same person posts a pic of the baby in a different pose.

One thinks that the constant posting of her baba is a contributing factor to whatever criticism she is receiving.

*names changed to protect identity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that I have a lovely bottle of white wine in the fridge, a tube of Sour Cream and Onion Pringles in the cupboard and I can't touch any of it til tomorrow night.

My weekly weigh-in is in the morning and Saturday night is treat night.
    The night before always drags in!
    Having a cup of orange and lotus flower green tea and it's just not hitting the spot :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Haggled over a purchase I made today... Del Boy skills in full throttle. Got €40 off.... Nice.
    Back to the car... Parking ticket expired by 14 minutes... Warden in the process of ticketing me.
    "It's already in the system mate, sorry"
    **** off, cùnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lettuce.
    With everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You just come in from work. Obviously the smart phone needs charging, so you open up the laptop and it also needs to be charged.

Aghhhh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement