Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Congrats on 9000 posts. Celebrate by chomping chocolate! :D

Oh no!!!! TA that I wasted my 9000th post on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh no!!!! TA that I wasted my 9000th post on that!

You have just gone down to 8999!
    Someone is deleting your posts. TA at that loss of wisdom to the world.

Ah ha hah!!!!!! You know what really trivially annoy me?

Bus w*ankers with Nolans bags and anoraks and flight socks!! :pac:

YOu have just gone down to 8999! Someone is deleting your posts. TA at that loss of wisdom to the world.

I deleted two so I could dedicate my 9000th to a bus related TA.

Yes I am that person.

Sad fúck :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,191 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh FFS.... I might as well just give up :(

not at all - check all calorie counts and it just means you are more likely to make informed decisions :)

I found little amounts of choc rarely, meant I enjoyed it and was more of a treat!

anyhoo - back to an annoyance. I'm in a garage to make a legit complaint and they are playing John Legend''s latest. if that **** is being pumped out to pacify, it's having the exact opposite effect!!!

TA that it is holy Thursday but from the crowd in the supermarket you would swear that shops were closing for ever. I don't understand why everyone is shopping right now.

Ironically the booze aisle was an Oasis of tranquility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

You can get suspender tights. They have the stocking legs but no gussett part and the stockings are attached to a piece at the waist. That's not a great description, but they are really good, not the sexiest thing ever but handy in the Summer.

Thanks, will check those out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

everlast75 wrote: »
    Driving down main street in Swords in p*ssing rain
    I see Car space available on the opposite side of the road.
    I stop car and indicate to oncoming traffic that I intend on crossing and parking.
    Car coming the other way ignores me and swings right into the space.
    ****!

It's good, but needs a chorus and maybe up the tempo a bit:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

TA, the ache in my shoulder is easing off but now I've been bitten by a gnat and it's really itchy. Am trying to soothe it with After Bite.

Secondly, I decided to have a spoonful of peanut butter instead of a binge, it was Lidl stuff and tasted vile. Peanut butter should not taste sweet. I must remember to get the Tesco brand, it's the nicest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Was at the doctor earlier & I have tonsillitis. TA that he gave me antibiotics the size of horse tranquilisers that I'm supposed to swallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Was at the doctor earlier & I have tonsillitis. TA that he gave me antibiotics the size of horse tranquilisers that I'm supposed to swallow.

Be grateful they weren't suppositories, small mercies and all that :eek:

Oh yeah, I just realised - swallowing will actually be harder given you've tonsillitis! :o

Awkward :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Mark Feehily's new song. If anyone knows Rob Dougan's Furious Angels (Matrix Reloaded).
    The song is a complete rip off of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Plug Sockets.

Those ****ers decide to move their holes when its dark and its annoying as ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

A mumbled beginning of a sentence.

Then you ask what they said and they only repeat the end.

humpflmdmph martian invasion and 50 euro.

- What ?

50 euro.

- what about it?

I said 50 euro are ya fukin deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

A mumbled beginning of a sentence.

Then you ask what they said and they only repeat the end.

humpflmdmph martian invasion and 50 euro.

- What ?

50 euro.

- what about it?

I said 50 euro are ya fukin deaf.

I usually tend to have to repeat myself to others. I'm obviously quite softly spoken. When I speak and think I am loud enough, some look at me wondering what I said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Presbia ad on TV3
    "Are your arms getting too short for you to read"

Is this a new medical condition - shortening of the arms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Drivers in Ireland *

Most drive and park like they are the only car in the village... If there is a line of ten cars in one lane, the driver in the second lane will speed up and cut in between driver 1 and 2, so 9 drivers will have to slam on their brakes (when logic would have been slotting in at the end, becoming car eleven.
    There is an amazing amount of cars with invisible taxi signs on their roofs, take your pick from most bus lanes and many car parks where the 'taxi pick up only' zones are usually littered with abandoned taxis.
    Double yellow lines, perfect stopping point - bonus points if it blocks a lane on a main road.
    Car parks, all the spaces near the doors full? Ignore those empty parks 10m away, and double park, making your own space - that's called 'creative problem solving'
    Indicators are optional at any time, and driving with one hand (the other hand engaged texting or calling) is expected

* note I said 'drivers in Ireland', as behaving like an idiot seems a talent quickly absorbed by newcomers too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Samsgirl wrote: »

I had to do that before christmas. It wasn't pleasant at all.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I usually tend to have to repeat myself to others. I'm obviously quite softly spoken. When I speak and think I am loud enough, some look at me wondering what I said.

I was the same. I'm also softly spoken.

Aged 10, my mother, who couldn't understand a word I was saying, sent me to a speech therapist. The speech therapist taught me to vocalize everything clearly with my lips. I began to speak like I worked for the deaf-news service.

As a consequence of my hyper-vocalization, a couple of schoolyard bullies, several beatings, and a school-suspension later, I went back to muttering. Now I just see it as part of life. I try to speak clearly in work, but I've come to the realisation that some people, like myself, are just not natural-born speakers.

It's definitely a drawback, especially in the now-common presentations that feature as part of working life. But I offered my vocal non-clarity as one of my 'professional weaknesses' when I was applying for my last job, and so they were aware of this from the beginning. I can't say it's ever been a major issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The general fuss over easter aka Christmas mark 2. Really brings out the consumerist twat in us all. the easter egg aisle was packed with both staff putting new ones in and people scanning the shelves for good deals. A good crowd of trolleys and baskets. Couldn't get in or out. Not to mention the holy Thursday rush for drink, never seen the parking area so busy. it's a bit sad when we can't go one day without the gargle. Combining that with the egg madness and it's like Christmas all over again.

And another thing, it's a nice gesture but do people still wish each other happy easter? someone said it to me today and I witnessed it a few more times. It's endearing but bizarre. It seems people hold it in the same regard as Christmas and new year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Robsweezie wrote: »

And another thing, it's a nice gesture but do people still wish each other happy easter? someone said it to me today and I witnessed it a few more times. It's endearing but bizarre. It seems people hold it in the same regard as Christmas and new year.

well it is the day Jesus invented the hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Having to work nearly a full day today is more than a lil Annoying :(

Microsoft windows. I need to use it on my work laptop.
    Surely in this day and age Microsoft would be able to get a decent OS released? They must realize that they have competitors that are doing better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Shop assistant says sorry about the change and dumps a huge pile of coppers in your hand :mad: I only went in for a caramel cod too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Adult men throwing a frisbee to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Mark Feehily's new song. If anyone knows Rob Dougan's Furious Angels (Matrix Reloaded).
    The song is a complete rip off of it.

The fact that he now wants to be known as Markus (no less!) fits this thread perfectly.

Notions....

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Vag

Ordered food in a pub the other day. I watch as the chef puts the food out on the counter for the waiting staff to bring it (I am sitting less than 20 feet away). The food , thankfully only a salad, sits for about a minute, while I can clearly see the waiting staff on the phone. Another waiter eventually picks it up and brings it to a different table, so I think 'Ok it wasn't for me'. I can clearly see the guy who gets it with a confused look on his face, like 'I didn't order this?'. Waiter is called and the salad is brought to me. No acknowledgment of the delay or the mistake.

Even though the other guy never touched it or anything, it still feels gross to have had your dinner at another table before you get it. I was not impressed. :mad:

TA that the pubs are closed today. I don't really want to go to the pub, but just annoys me that they are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whattodo1

Plug Sockets.

Those ****ers decide to move their holes when its dark and its annoying as ****.

Brilliant was cursing to myself last night trying to find one lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

whattodo1 wrote: »
    Brilliant was cursing to myself last night trying to find one lol

That reminds me actually -

Bloody annoys me the way my wife insists on everything being plugged out at night rather than simply left on standby. Nope, not even flick the switch at the wall, not good enough, has to be plugged out completely :mad:

I've a load of computer equipment and the sky boxes and stuff and I've tried to tell her it doesn't need to be plugged out. No dice, and then I have to go and plug it all back in then in the morning :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whattodo1

I plug out phone charger and one for my laptop the rest is turned off bye the switch but I wouldn't go that far and take all plugs out haha Id say that a pain in the ass alright lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

padd b1975 wrote: »
    The fact that he now wants to be known as Markus (no less!) fits this thread perfectly.

Notions....

"Markus" what is he now, a gladiator? I will bet the career goes in to overdrive now.

Maybe he should have went with "The Artist Formerly Known as whatisname "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When someone comes along and puts dirty dishes on the clean draining board beside the clean dishes when I'm washing up - and does it again after the next meal, after I told them not to do it the first time. GRR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Watching Peppa Pig for 10mins. After the kids are gone for their naps.

Decided to treat myself to a fancy coffee after lunch cos I'm one of the few people working today. It seems like the rest of the population decided to spend their afternoon at Starbucks, it's packed! Also, I'm on my own and everyone else came in groups so they got someone to reserve a table while the rest ordered. I obv couldn't do that so I got the worst table in the place while there are lots of tables with just one person that doesn't have any food or coffee in front of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

miezekatze wrote: »
    Also, I'm on my own and everyone else came in groups so they got someone to reserve a table while the rest ordered.
    I hate that, families in McDonald's with dad sitting at an empty table while the kids and wife are queuing at the counter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Im a fuss ass in the kitchen and I get annoyed by exploding food.
    poppy seed bagels
    Ready Brek, musli, the end of Rice Krispie bags
    Crispy French breads
    Cafetiere grounds
    Grrrrŕrrrrrrr

On the luas with a group of young ones that are dressed like Blossom / Clarissa explains it all. Exaggerated 90s looks like that are kind of annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Being in obriens and seeing loads of nice things and being able to have any as I gave them up till at least Easter :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Missing the awesomeness of O'Brien's since I left Ireland and can no longer avail of its yumminess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Parents in the cinema who do the following :

1. Cutting in line when the queue is the whole way down the fooking stairs. The queue is there for a reason, the absolute cheek of you, gliding past everyone. And if your friend is in line, do NOT cut in and stand with them. ( To friend "Can I go beside you. I'm not getting food, just the tickets." To the cashier : "Two adults and 4 kids to see blabla please and can I have about a million items that I have to list one by one, sloooowly.")

2. Use their phones during the movie, lighting up everything around them with their LED screen (that is NOT "spending quality time with the little darlins" - which is what I'm sure you're writing about in your status update.)

3. Stare blankly at the screen while everyone around you is staring daggers at you in the hope that you'll tell your child (who is running up and down the steps) to sit down and behave.

4. Telling your child to whisper ( in a voice that is loud enough for everyone to hear) .

5. Not saying or doing anything when your child is talking and screaming just to hear their own voice.

6. Bad-mouthing staff who are doing their very best under the circumstances.

Bathbombs with petals inside them. You emerge from the bath looking like you fell in to a bag of rolling tobacco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

People who can't dispose of food right; dropping raw meats into the bin without wrapping them up in some manner, just scraping their dirty plates into the bin... of course it's gonna stink if you're doing that!

People's communal trash etiquette in general gets me, flatten things before you put them in for chrissake! Don't put broken glass straight into the bag! Recycle! If you're female it's really your responsibility to deal with the bathroom bin!

People who can't dispose of food right; dropping raw meats into the bin without wrapping them up in some manner, just scraping their dirty plates into the bin... of course it's gonna stink if you're doing that!

People's communal trash etiquette in general gets me, flatten things before you put them in for chrissake! Don't put broken glass straight into the bag! Recycle! If you're female it's really your responsibility to deal with the bathroom bin!

what if you're female and you don't have periods? ;)

My impatience when waiting for some things, and my constant checking.

Set up a thing on tuesday on an online community, and have confirmation that it'll go live three days later, and notification will go out to members of the site at that point - and I've been checking all day, instead of just, like, leaving it and taking a 'when it's done it's done' attitude. Constant checking won't make it go live any quicker, yet I still keep doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Not in After Hours, but when a new poster shows up in a forum, posting in most threads, as if their opinion is superior to everybody elses. When I see their username in a thread I just sigh and reconsider looking at it.

Not in After Hours, but when a new poster shows up in a forum, posting in most threads, as if their opinion is superior to everybody elses. When I see their username in a thread I just sigh and reconsider looking at it.

Yes!
    It does take some newbies some time to get a feel for the place, and that is fair enough.
    But then you get some who assume this is the same as whatever bodybuilding forum they were in before and barge in....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Being in obriens and seeing loads of nice things and being able to have any as I gave them up till at least Easter :(

But youll have eternity in paradise. That should help

But youll have eternity in paradise. That should help

Tom will be extremely Trivially Annoyed if he dies and discovers that Lent is not a prerequisite to getting thru the pearly gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Tom will be extremely Trivially Annoyed if he dies and discovers that Lent is not a prerequisite to getting thru the pearly gates.
    I thought you were watching the news..;):D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement