Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Colser wrote: »
    Almost as bad as the night yer one gave up cooking and went to bed,filmed her snoring inside in bed and the others cooking for themselves in her kitchen:rolleyes:

As far as I remember, that lady has actually died since of alcoholism!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Those old movies from the 1960s that most film fans have not heard of yet you have to buy both the Blu-Ray and normal DVD together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

fussyonion wrote: »
    She died about a year after that. She was an alcoholic.

Jaysus, didn't know that. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote: »
    She died about a year after that. She was an alcoholic.

Thats awful.Was it right to show that episode,they must have known she had a problem?Very sad anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Betty would be so proud of you :o The rest of the English speaking world wouldn't have a fukeing clue what you're on about though.
    Now I'm trivially annoyed that I didn't add a :pac: after the first bit of my post.

Still, I'm amazed that there seem to be so many that can't grasp that a great many people pronounce words differently than themselves. There are even parts of Ireland where "wood" gets the full double "O" treatment i.e. "woood".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Driving this afternoon and got a itch on the sole of my foot. Drove me demented as I was on a bad road and had nowhere to pull in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Happened me years ago after a fall off a bike,"gravel rash" on the back of my wrist.Stiches opened up a week later again and they took out more gravel:rolleyes:.I will never forget my mothers face when she got the call to come into the hospital,I had told her I was somewhere else altogether and got caught rotten being with someone I shouldnt have been with and on the bike.
    Both hands up on those sling holder things and in hospital for a few days but the look she gave me was worse than the fecking injuries..Thanks God for my Dad keeping her away from me:D

There was a guy killed in the UK last year off a bike and he had a camera on the helmet,its one of those clips that you never forget,also him mam took part in a documentary about him and it was excellent but very very sad.

I've never been on a bike before. I'd love to and I was actually coming around to the idea of my husband getting one after he made me watch "The Long Way Round" about a million times which was quite good in fairness. I think my husband is going to be fairly TA'd at Jimgoose for setting him back about 3 years of good solid convincing by bringing up the whole "gravel rash" topic which made me Google it in images :-s

TA the weather here is really bad and the electricity keeps going off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Driving this afternoon and got a itch on the sole of my foot. Drove me demented as I was on a bad road and had nowhere to pull in.

This is probably going to be a hard one to explain but here goes anyway -

On the touch site, the way in your post those two words were aligned under each other made me read your post like "Divorcing this afternoon...", I thought "Well that's shìt, bit more than trivially annoying though"... :o

Then I read the rest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I've never been on a bike before. I'd love to and I was actually coming around to the idea of my husband getting one after he made me watch "The Long Way Round" about a million times which was quite good in fairness. I think my husband is going to be fairly TA'd at Jimgoose for setting him back about 3 years of good solid convincing by bringing up the whole "gravel rash" topic which made me Google it in images :-s

TA the weather here is really bad and the electricity keeps going off!

I was heading to Killarney last week and this bike passed me,the girl on the back was wearing full white leathers..doesnt sound great but honestly looked fab.Now of course i want them:rolleyes: but Im such a nervous passenger Id have to wear them around the house.
    Actually Im a shocking passenger in the car as well..TA when you start turning into your mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

This is probably going to be a hard one to explain but here goes anyway -

On the touch site, the way in your post those two words were aligned under each other made me read your post like "Divorcing this afternoon...", I thought "Well that's shìt, bit more than trivially annoying though"... :o

Then I read the rest :pac:

Ha ha, would never be that lucky!!
    Joking of course ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

TA when you start turning into your mother.

Reason enough to go out and get some biker gear to wear around the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I was heading to Killarney last week and this bike passed me,the girl on the back was wearing full white leathers..doesnt sound great but honestly looked fab.Now of course i want them:rolleyes: but Im such a nervous passenger Id have to wear them around the house.
    Actually Im a shocking passenger in the car as well..TA when you start turning into your mother.

I am the worlds worst passenger, or in the words of Mrs E, a control freak!

Anytime we are going anywhere, even with friends, and it's a "who is gonna drive?", I all me me me please. Can't relax for minute when someone else is driving, I am constantly second guessing the driver and wearing a hole in the floor where my brake should be. Has to be a medical condition, right?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I am the worlds worst passenger, or in the words of Mrs E, a control freak!

Anytime we are going anywhere, even with friends, and it's a "who is gonna drive?", I all me me me please. Can't relax for minute when someone else is driving, I am constantly second guessing the driver and wearing a hole in the floor where my brake should be. Has to be a medical condition, right?.....

If it's a medical condition, it's contagious, I have it too...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

It is rock and shop night in dundrum. Different stores have various discounts.
    I am in trying to get a particular coffee machine and they sell it in there.
    Price on the label is 179.
    On enquiring they tell me that there is 10% of everything in that store. Great, I will buy one.
    They have none in stock.
    But are happy to order one for me and the 10% discount still holds.
    I decide to go for that.
    Yerman then starts tippy tapping in his computer and asks for my loyalty card. I dont have one.
    Oh oh, no discount. But he says he will do me a favour and get me the discount anyway. Great.
    Then he shows me the order form which has the price in sterling and explains to me that if i pay by credit card it will come to about 190 euro.
    But if I buy a gift card I will get a better exchange rate and it will only cost me 168 euro.

I have a pain in my head at this stage and leave.

TLDR...a 10% discount is going to cost me 12 euro more than list price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Haven't been up on a bike in years, I used to try hide it from my parents as I've a cousin killed off his the year before I was born. The OH got rid of his road bike about 15 yrs ago. He does the road racing now for years, and it sometimes annoys me the attitude towards it. Yes it's dangerous, but you could get hit by a truck crossing the road tomorrow. I'd sooner see someone going out and doing something they enjoy, rather than regretting never trying it. I don't sit at home chewing my nails while he is gone, rather I bask in the glory of having the TV remote to myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Being sick !!!!.

Notting worse then getting man flu and rolling into a ball on the sofa in a blanket !!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People resurrecting 'favourites' threads to build up their post count!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

This trend in TV series to have the opening credits dribble onto the screen slowly almost the entire way to the first commercial break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

major bill wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy

The story is complete bull**** obviously written by a bloke that never bothered to research Gangs and Cartels YET im on series 5 and can't stop watching!!!

them bloody accents and why would the cartel bother their arse with a mickey mouse biker outfit that are unrealiable and a constant liability :confused:

*correction, the creater did do some research but still bull*****

I was TA'd when I realised halfway through what the show ripped off and that I knew exactly what was going to happen in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I was at this too. TA that it was super busy, I got there early and still had to park miles away. Whenever I saw something I liked in a shop I was put off by the massive queues at the checkout. Hardly got anything in the end. :/

Also, while we were having our dinner, someone at a table nearby kept farting, ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Trivially annoyed that I've to start a new thread :pac:

New thread here.

Could everyone please read the OP before posting? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement