Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    I thought you were watching the news..;):D

I was! TA that I switched on the news hoping that Sharon would be topless!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I was! TA that I switched on the news hoping that Sharon would be topless!
    Didnt think youd fall for that one Trigger :D

TA I have to head into work now and everyone else seems to be off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Tom will be extremely Trivially Annoyed if he dies and discovers that Lent is not a prerequisite to getting thru the pearly gates.

Even worse I gave them all up the middleish of January....and stayed on for lent and had ambitions of lasting until May or June at one stage :/

Though when I die.....it won't be the pearly gates il go through.....it's warmup be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA at the parking bounder thing on the ground outside my house that my friend just drove into when coming to pick me up for a night out half hour away.

TA at the flat tyre my friend got as a result, my friend having to change said tyre, and our cancelled night out. Felt so sorry for him, first time changing a tyre, but hey at least he's been given some experience of it... and I got to watch a very fit guy change a tyre... gotta look on the bright side and all that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

what if you're female and you don't have periods? ;)

It's still your job.....

Kidding:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    It's still your job.....

Kidding:D

Haha unfortunately living alone ALL the bins are my job, periods or no periods :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

love me like you do, l-l-love me like you do...t-t-touch me like you do.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Massive queue for Carvery, get dinner thank server go to checkout to pay in CASH and the 4 people infront of you all decide to pay by Card.......FML!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Enough with the beards already chaps. tis like living on an amish farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

major bill wrote: »
    Massive queue for Carvery, get dinner thank server go to checkout to pay in CASH and the 4 people infront of you all decide to pay by Card.......FML!!!!!
    Bloke in front of me using his card to pay for a packet of gum this morning :rolleyes: of course it took 3 tries for it to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fcukwit and friends next door have been partying since early evening last night, it's almost half eleven on Saturday morning and they aren't showing any signs of shutting the fcuk up any time soon.:mad: I'm tired, I'm pissed off and my bullsh*t tolerance level has reached zero.

Buying the newspapers and not reading them.

I have the unread newspapers piled up since Tuesday, and I can't decide whether to read them in chronological order, or just get the bottom line from today's paper?

Only it's such a lovely day out there, it seems stupid to spend it indoors reading papers, which will probably mean another layer atop my coffee-table monument to environmental barbarism...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Buying the newspapers and not reading them.

I have the unread newspapers piled up since Tuesday, and I can't decide whether to read them in chronological order, or just get the bottom line from today's paper?

Only it's such a lovely day out there, it seems stupid to spend it indoors reading papers, which will probably mean another layer atop my coffee-table monument to environmental barbarism...

Bring them to the park or the beach and read them in the sun. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

I will never figure out why McDonald's staff always offer you those little plastic cartons of milk when you order a latté.

TA that this is one of those days that I just cant wake up. Seem to be drifting thru the day in a half daze. Waste of a day!

I am kinda under the weather a bit (some sort of viral thing) and decided to spend the day in bed and try and sleep thru it. Not a fcuken chance, every pleb with a petrol driven device for miles around is gone fcuking nuts, it's sounds like they are clearing acres of Amazonian forest! This started a ten this morning, not a thought spared for anyone who works nights or wants a late sleep after working all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

TA that this is one of those days that I just cant wake up. Seem to be drifting thru the day in a half daze. Waste of a day!

I find a 15 minute power nap knocks that right out of you.

(Although 15 minute power naps take about 30 minutes)

I find a 15 minute power nap knocks that right out of you.

(Although 15 minute power naps take about 30 minutes)

Get away out of that you with your practical solutions.... This is a complaining thread where we complain.... not help people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Morons who stick to the left lane of a roundabout the whole way around, exiting by the 3rd or 4th exit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

galljga1 wrote: »
    Morons who stick to the left lane of a roundabout the whole way around, exiting by the 3rd or 4th exit.

I stick them to the roundabout....esp if I'm in the correct lane to go straight on and there in outside lane to skip traffic....I never ever let them cut in ahead of me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that my husband is taking the p*ss out me all day just cos I asked him if dragons existed the same time as the dinosaurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Seatbelts that work TOO well - restricting both movement and breathing.

Sitting beside a camera wh*re guy at a televised event who is giving peace signs and waving every time he THINKS the camera MIGHT be on him and looking to his left during the entire thing to see where the camera is.

People who chew weirdly - sounds like a gummy cow.

Being clumsy - need to buy more cups and glasses!

Having an awful memory - I forgot something significant was happening this week and I feel awful :( .

Generally being hopeless!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I am TA by a very recent development.
    I have worn glasses since childhood. In the past few weeks I find myself constantly looking over them when reading, typing etc.
    Now my eyes hurt :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

It can be quite annoying when you are starting a new roll of toilet paper and you don't get the first break right and kind of tear the paper in two. Ruins the whole ****ing roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Every night when I go up to bed and finally get all cosy and settled in, I hear the familiar patter of feet strolling up the stairs, then I can hear crying and whinging and heavy breathing until I feel so guilty I let the little sh!t in! he is the most irritating dog in the world! he then bullies his way into my bed and I feel too bad to kick him out:mad:

Why doesn't he just come up when I go up ?!?!?:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Every night when I go up to bed and finally get all cosy and settled in, I hear the familiar patter of feet strolling up the stairs, then I can hear crying and whinging and heavy breathing until I feel so guilty I let the little sh!t in! he is the most irritating dog in the world! he then bullies his way into my bed and I feel too bad to kick him out:mad:

Why doesn't he just come up when I go up ?!?!?:confused::confused:

OMFG, I so know what you mean.

I'm walking around the house, doing my few bits and bobs, and Deefor just stands in the kitchen looking at me! I finish up, and head for my chair, and he's still there looking at me. Then, as soon as my ass hits the cushion, he moves over to the door, stares out and then looks at me to be let out. Like, why the hell does he have to wait until I JUST SIT DOWN!!!!!

I know, I know, I'm re-enforcing the behaviour by then getting up and letting him out, but jeez, we all need something to moan about, right?

I'm walking around the house, doing my few bits and bobs, and Deefor just stands in the kitchen looking at me! I finish up, and head for my chair, and he's still there looking at me. Then, as soon as my ass hits the cushion, he moves over to the door, stares out and then looks at me to be let out. Like, why the hell does he have to wait until I JUST SIT DOWN!!!!!

I know, I know, I'm re-enforcing the behaviour by then getting up and letting him out, but jeez, we all need something to moan about, right?

They're reinforcing their dominance !!:mad::mad: Brats :(

Deefor is a fantastic name!

They're reinforcing their dominance !!:mad::mad: Brats :(

Deefor is a fantastic name!

Thanks.

Sometimes, I attempt to reinforce my dominance by not letting him out, but he protests by fouling my carpet.*

*This statement was meant as comedy. StompToWork is aware of his dog's needs, and attempts to fulfil them as best he can without causing harm, or even discomfort, to his dog.**

**However, there was this one time, where I wasn't paying attention and......................

Thanks.

Sometimes, I attempt to reinforce my dominance by not letting him out, but he protests by fouling my carpet.*

*This statement was meant as comedy. StompToWork is aware of his dog's needs, and attempts to fulfil them as best he can without causing harm, or even discomfort, to his dog.**

**However, there was this one time, where I wasn't paying attention and......................

He relieved himself using the toilet ???:D

He relieved himself using the toilet ???:D

HIS toilet. Which is pretty much any flat surface!!!!

• Advertisement

HIS toilet. Which is pretty much any flat surface!!!!

That's the worst:mad:

My one is now growling and shuddering because he senses someone is within 2 miles of the house, how dare they like ?!:rolleyes:

That's the worst:mad:

My one is now growling and shuddering because he senses someone is within 2 miles of the house, how dare they like ?!:rolleyes:

It's almost like they think we can't take care of ourselves or them!! "Just relax, there's nothing there, and if there is, I've got it. Calm yourself".

Do they think they are superior to us, or something.

How VERY dare they!!! ;)

You have to be strict with your husband or else this type of behaviour develops.

TA at easter eggs. Chocolate before breakfast - its a step too far people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

TA at easter eggs. Chocolate before breakfast - its a step too far people!

Don't judge me! :(

Every night when I go up to bed and finally get all cosy and settled in, I hear the familiar patter of feet strolling up the stairs, then I can hear crying and whinging and heavy breathing until I feel so guilty I let the little sh!t in! he is the most irritating dog in the world!
    I'm so glad you said dog. Wasn't sure where this story was going...

Dawn Mass. Now I know that a lot of people find comfort visiting the graves of their loved ones and that's all fine, that being said, what dafuq is with this shi* of Dawn Mass on Easter Sunday? It doesn't make sense to me. If you believe in life after death, then all that remains in the grave is a shell, if you don't believe in life after death, then all that remains in the grave is a shell. What in the hell is the point in God botherers waking the rest of us up at stupid o'clock in the morning?

Twenty to 7 this morning and I shi* you not, I could hear the stereo in the cemetery 1 mile away, blasting out fcuking hymns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Dawn Mass. Now I know that a lot of people find comfort visiting the graves of their loved ones and that's all fine, that being said, what dafuq is with this shi* of Dawn Mass on Easter Sunday? It doesn't make sense to me. If you believe in life after death, then all that remains in the grave is a shell, if you don't believe in life after death, then all that remains in the grave is a shell. What in the hell is the point in God botherers waking the rest of us up at stupid o'clock in the morning?

Twenty to 7 this morning and I shi* you not, I could hear the stereo in the cemetery 1 mile away, blasting out fcuking hymns.

I had to read that twice, "the stereo in the cemetery", that's all sorts of wrong, right there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When you're lying down texting. Your phone slips. you can see it coming but there's nothing you can do, and then...

crack!

Right into your forhead!

And now you've a bruise! Every facial expression now hurts :):)

I had to read that twice, "the stereo in the cemetery", that's all sorts of wrong, right there :pac:

The choir were probably too hungover to turn up. :D

• Advertisement

I wonder who was playing?

Rock DeValera and The Grave Diggers maybe:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭bobbyss

People who use so instead of, for example, before an adjective.
    People who use OMG, or derivatives thereof. They are so adolescent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The inevitable family arguments at Easter/Christmas/New Years dinners!

Vague bitchiness annoys me. People who don't want to put any effort into getting along with others, so just make their contempt for people known by being nasty for no reason. It costs nothing to be nice.

People who finish my

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

galljga1 wrote: »
    People who finish my

. . .sentences :p

Trebor176 wrote: »
    . . .sentences :p

There is always one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

jimgoose wrote: »
    It has only recently come to my attention that the word "simples", annoying as it is, originates from that blasted insurance ferret thing in the "Compare the Market" advertisements. I hadn't realised this because that kind of crap is nearly always killed with the mute button in our house. For some reason I am not able rightly to apprehend, this trivially annoys me. Grrr! :D

I just hate people who confuse ferrets with meerkats, really gets my groat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Best to stay away from the 'compare the meerkat' site so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I wonder who was playing?

Rock DeValera and The Grave Diggers maybe:D

What was the opening act?

Death Metal Bitch??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement