Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When you buy sterling silver jewellery on eBay, leave good feedback and then you start to get a rash because you're allergic to nickel.

:(

it's not sterling silver :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mickey H wrote: »
    What was the opening act?

Death Metal Bitch??

No, it was Wreatha Franklin;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When politicians are giving statements on the news/in front of a camera, and they have 4/5 of 'their people' standing behind them just nodding in agreement with what they are saying.

It wouldn't matter what they were saying, these people will always be there nodding away.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

deise08 wrote: »
    When you buy sterling silver jewellery on eBay, leave good feedback and then you start to get a rash because you're allergic to nickel.

:(

it's not sterling silver :(

I'm allergic to nickel too, it's crap!!! Send your jewellery back, the cheek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm so stuffed after dinner that I haven't got any room left for my Easter egg.

• Advertisement

The potatoes I was par boiling for roast potatoes cooked to mush so I had to peel and cook a second lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I know they're commonly complained about, but I'm going to say it. Cyclists. Unfortunately, it's almost a daily occurrence walking through Dublin that I have to dodge some crazed cyclist despite the pedestrian light clearly being green. I wish more cyclists had respect for the rules of the road and obeyed red lights. Just because you're not in a large vehicle does not mean you can't cause injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

major bill wrote: »
    Massive queue for Carvery, get dinner thank server go to checkout to pay in CASH and the 4 people infront of you all decide to pay by Card.......FML!!!!!
    +1.

that reminds me, people who pay for things costing say a tenner in shops using a card and holding up a queue of customers. Pay in cash ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

malibu4u wrote: »
    +1.

that reminds me, people who pay for things costing say a tenner in shops using a card and holding up a queue of customers. Pay in cash ffs.

Can they not kinda swipe it someway if what's on the card is below e15???

I taught that was allowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Can they not kinda swipe it someway if what's on the card is below e15???

I taught that was allowed

They can, but when you try and suggest it to the shopkeeper they want nothing to do with your Devils magic because they seem to think your some kind of hacker out to do them over!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

badly behaved children, no sorry, running amok, and the parents think they are God's gift to mankind.

No.

I cannot stand indulged or neglected children in a restaurant or wherever.

So there is my TA of the week, with a Bank Holiday thrown in too!

I'm recovering slowly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I didn't eat one piece of chocolate today! I was looking forward to it for ages and then today I lost my appetite for it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

imgur pages take time to load because of people's un-hilarious internet comments.

usually a link from something on reddit. small thumbnail of something that looks interesting, want to see bigger version, click, load load load wait wait wait, cause 10,000 people want to leave an unfunny joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

When you can't have a beer because your up so early tomorrow, then you have a nap at 5pm and wake at 11 !!! It's gonna be a looooong night:(

I hate being off college for Easter for the simple reason it shags up your sleeping pattern:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

When I'm on a website in April and they're advertising Christmas menus, events etc... just screams 'couldn't be arsed keeping our website up to date'... and really doesn't take much to remove your Christmas stuff after Christmas... see so many references to Christmas still and it's just silly...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Macavity. wrote: »
    I know they're commonly complained about, but I'm going to say it. Cyclists. Unfortunately, it's almost a daily occurrence walking through Dublin that I have to dodge some crazed cyclist despite the pedestrian light clearly being green. I wish more cyclists had respect for the rules of the road and obeyed red lights. Just because you're not in a large vehicle does not mean you can't cause injury.

Never experience this problem around my way, as we don't have traffic lights on the FOOTpath, where the majority of cyclists pedal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

The TA acronym is quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Mint Aero wrote: »

Sir, I'll have you know that the terriers have given loyal and sterling service to the UK for many years, providing a ring of steel against Hitler and his minions,during our darkest hours etc blah blah blah .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

Mint Aero wrote: »
    This thread is consuming itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Standing in the queue for the atm, the woman in front was there for about ten minutes! I could see the screen, she kept asking for multiples of 20 but the machine only had 50s. I was tempted to say something but I shouldn't have been looking at the screen.

She tried to get €20 out 4 different times. Then moved on to €40, €60 and €80. Who doesn't try for €50 somewhere in there?? I was really angry and I very rarely get angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Men who wear their shirts over their trousers.

Interviewees on TV who cock a leg on the seat. Strangely, some people who annoy me eg Simon Cowell and Russell Crowe do this quite a lot. In fact now that I think of it Crowe had a leg cocked AND had a shirt over the trousers. Does he think he is cool or what?

People on a bus talking too loudly on their mobiles in case we did not know they have an important job.

Waiting endlessly in supermarket Q, then when it comes to your turn the assistant has to run off to get change.

My Easter egg was very disapppointing. Mr Pumpkinseeds bought my a Thorntons Caramel Cheesecake easter egg, which should have tasted lovely, but instead the cheesecake bits on the front of the egg just tasted like soggy digestives and the biscuit pieces in the rest of the egg just tasted stale. I could only force down a bit of it so the rest is going in the bin.

Second trivial annoyance was having to own up this morning that the Easter egg was horrible, so he doesn't buy me the same one next year. Doesn't even remotely taste of cheesecake.:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

While out running earlier, a little dirty child on a bike bursting a lung to catch up with me, get my attention and say 'yer nearly walking'.
    The little f*cker was sweating lucozade and I reckon his blood type was Dairy Milk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who complain because you eat chocolate eggs before Easter. Where in the bible does it say that they can only be eaten on a certain day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The realisation that I don't have any shoes that are suitable for nice weather and the dread of a future shopping trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Not being able to think of an excuse fast enough & now my inlaws are parked here for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When people post banal Sh1t like "I lost my charger" on social media.

Posters who quote you word for word, highlight one line in bold that has little to do with the actual topic and make some sort of sarcastic dig accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Robsweezie wrote: »
    When people post banal Sh1t like "I lost my charger" on social media.

Posters who quote you word for word, highlight one line in bold that has little to do with the actual topic and make some sort of sarcastic dig accordingly.

Have you looked in the bedside locker?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Not being able to think of an excuse fast enough & now my inlaws are parked here for the day.

Cut the grass, walk the dog, go for a swim.
    The unexpected arrivals are the worst. "It's only us".
    Who does that now? I'd always text or call at least an hour before, to see that it suits. In this day and age, with everyone having phones, there is no need to arrive on someone's doorstep unannounced. Completely unacceptable in my book.

• Advertisement

TA at myself for finding a bargain on eBay...but then getting in a bidding war for said item....and ending up paying over the odds.
    Too stubborn for my own good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

TA at myself for finding a bargain on eBay...but then getting in a bidding war for said item....and ending up paying over the odds.
    Too stubborn for my own good.

I never get involved with that because the money escalates way too fast.

eternal wrote: »
    I never get involved with that because the money escalates way too fast.

I know. And I know all the pit falls. And I know Mrs Happy will not be happy....but hard to resist temptation sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The teachers moaning and complaining on the INTO thing in Ennis.
    A permanent, well paid, pensionable job. Loads of holidays, and short hours.
    Sure isn't it terrible for them. Finished every day at 3 o'clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

People that diagnose themselves with medical conditions. Unless they're skilled to do so. And by skilled I don't mean - can use a search engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

PARlance wrote: »
    People that diagnose themselves with medical conditions. Unless they're skilled to do so. And by skilled I don't mean - can use a search engine.

In fairness it's what a lot of the doctors are using these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

pizza delivery joints charging upwards of 20 euro for a large pizza with no extras. who would actually pay that? nearly 22 euro in one place, get the boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Being shushed in a pub by some cnut because their mate decides to provide unsolicited impromptu music /singing (that invariably sounds like a cat being skinned).

A friend of mine is going in to be induced today, she told her close friends and said not to spread it around.

Another friend posts on her Facebook 'good luck today with the induction, can't wait to meet the little man! '

Now there's dozens of comments, oh it's a boy how lovely, you're being induced? Why didn't you tell me? Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

PandaPoo wrote: »
    A friend of mine is going in to be induced today, she told her close friends and said not to spread it around.

Another friend posts on her Facebook 'good luck today with the induction, can't wait to meet the little man! '

Now there's dozens of comments, oh it's a boy how lovely, you're being induced? Why didn't you tell me? Etc.

Oh, the joys of Facebook!

anncoates wrote: »
    Being shushed in a pub by some cnut because their mate decides to provide unsolicited impromptu music /singing (that invariably sounds like a cat being skinned).

It's sods law, there's always some talentless fcukwit with a guitar. The worst are the middle-aged guys, usually late 30's, who are still playing gigs in pubs but think one day they'll be famous. They always take their guitars to parties and bore the arse of people. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

anncoates wrote: »

Or worse, when the rugby is on and everyone in the pub goes quiet when there is a penalty or conversion.....we're hardly gonna put the cúnt off when he's in another country :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Finding something you need for a great price on Amazon.co.uk, you order it and go through the motions to pay only to be then told that it can't be shipped to Ireland. :mad:

Finding something you need for a great price on Amazon.co.uk, you order it and go through the motions to pay only to be then told that it can't be shipped to Ireland. :mad:

Parcel Motel is the answer Hugo, set up an account, order the thing from Amazon and get it sent to their UK address up North! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

TA that all the good spots in town were empty last night and the only place that was full with a bit of Atmosphere was Diceys

Dublin brings out the worse kind when drinks are cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

kfallon wrote: »
    Parcel Motel is the answer Hugo, set up an account, order the thing from Amazon and get it sent to their UK address up North! ;)

Ain't nobody got time for that! :D

When you put a wash on, turn around and notice one sock has fallen out of the pile on the way over to the machine and is lying on the floor!

Now that really annoys me!

Ain't nobody got time for that! :D

Do it!

kfallon wrote: »
    Do it!

I'll be giving this a go tomorrow, I'm really nervous for some reason. Idiot :o

I felt fine all day, had a lovely day at the beach, just had half an easter Egg and now I'm dying with heartburn. Why did I have to eat it??

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I'll be giving this a go tomorrow, I'm really nervous for some reason. Idiot :o

Tis grand, as long as they don't put your order in a massive box it's straightforward!

Heh heh heh......a massive box!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Tesco was closed at 9. That never happens. I was confusedly standing in front of the automatic door, wondering why it wasn't opening.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement