Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

hearing a nice tune with no lyrics or indications of who made it.

making it difficult to find again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

hearing a nice tune with no lyrics or indications of who made it.

making it difficult to find again.

there's an app that you can have on your phone, pop it on when that happens, and tells you what the song is.

Not sure what it is called, but my friend uses it and finds it fab. Happy to check with her what it's called for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

there's an app that you can have on your phone, pop it on when that happens, and tells you what the song is.

Not sure what it is called, but my friend uses it and finds it fab. Happy to check with her what it's called for you :D

Shazam or something, is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

kfallon wrote: »
    Shazam or something, is it?

TrackId on Sony phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when a song on the radio is just about to finish, you reach around for your phone looking to shazam it but it finishes before you can....

that app is brilliant all the same, it solves a classic first world problem, if you can find your phone quick enough :0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

The person in my 'social group' (wouldn't call her a friend) who is a complete compulsive liar. Watching eejits believe all the bull dramatic stories she tells is my TA. Talking about how educated she is, is the best because she cheated & plagiarised her way through college.

I need to meet new people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

People who use the exclamation mark excessively. Instantly think they are morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Gwynplaine wrote:
    The teachers moaning and complaining on the INTO thing in Ennis. A permanent, well paid, pensionable job. Loads of holidays, and short hours. Sure isn't it terrible for them. Finished every day at 3 o'clock.

I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Not sleeping the night before an exam :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

beks101 wrote: »
    People who use the exclamation mark excessively. Instantly think they are morons.

I know!!! Morons!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

KatW4 wrote: »
    Not sleeping the night before an exam :(

Best of luck in your exam Kat :)

Feeling all tight and tense in the morning, could do with a back cracking massage to loosen me up a bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Having to delete pm's one by one on touch site, taking forever.
    Then going to full site and see that I can do it in one foul swoop.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who don't appreciate sever myopia. I've a friend who has pretty much near perfect eyesight, who has been prescribed glasses for reading, and who smugly informed me that he will not be wearing them because "it's better to not wear glasses because you will weaken your eye muscles and become dependant on them" - what the actual fúck? I come in at minus six and with an astigmatism on one eye. Translates into "no I can't see the small print on the billboard on the back of the bus - I can see the bus though.....when it moves". And he is more or less telling me my eyes are just lazy..... That I just need to get used to seeing without glasses. Wánker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Stupid bank holiday meaning bank transactions taking forever to clear

When you're drying dishes and you have to keep walking around the person standing at the sink to put the stuff away.

Also, had friends up for dinner at the weekend. My way is to have the dinner more or less ready when they arrive. Oh apparently not. OH said it would be ok for it to be just getting started when they arrive. TA1: I will be slaving while they all start drinking = not fair.

TA2: I am cooking something that I have not cooked for a while so I am relying on a recipe and am therefore not sure what comes next. That's ok except....one guest decides "its more fun if we all make the food together and then enjoy our combined efforts over wine" - :confused: So now not only do I have to try to negotiate the recipe myself, I have three idiots getting in my way trying to help. Asking me what they can do when I don't even know myself what I am doing next. Not knowing where anything is so altogether being more of a fúcking hindrance than a help.

- what will I do?
    - Juice the limes
    - ok where is the juicer?
    - we don't have one, just squeeze them
    - into what?
    - a bowl
    - where are the bowls
    - there
    - do you have a knife?
    - will you cut the tomatoes also please?
    - ok what size?
    - :confused:
    - what will I do next
    - I dont know, I need to check the recipe

And then of course, there's the standing around with one arm as long as the other, in front of the press I need to access. Then when I ask them to move, they stand in front of the drawer I need to open next....

:mad::mad::mad:

TA3: When we stopped off for wine, they started picking out the most expensive ones - "let's buy two of these, they will be amazing with your dish" (at the price of half a days wage each) and I'm like, "er....why don't you sort yourselves out with your wánker wine and I'll just buy a six box of flat bottomed bottle chardonnay like the dipso that I am"

TA4: When we get to the house, they put the wine in the fridge....the fridge you say? Where we must wait an hour for it to chill? What's wrong with you people?! Put it in the freezer and then we can drink in ten minutes!! :(

• Advertisement

Jesus ONW...I found myself getting annoyed just reading thru that.
    TA at guests whose idea of enjoying themselves is so different to yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

oh no, ONW, I couldnt be having that sh1t. I need to clear the decks. Prep as much as possible in advance, keep all the hungry fcukers in a different room, and "I will call you when it is ready" got that! " I will call you when it is ready" .....and stay the fcuk outa my way!

Every night when I go up to bed and finally get all cosy and settled in, I hear the familiar patter of feet strolling up the stairs, then I can hear crying and whinging and heavy breathing until I feel so guilty I let the little sh!t in! he is the most irritating dog in the world! he then bullies his way into my bed and I feel too bad to kick him out:mad:

Why doesn't he just come up when I go up ?!?!?:confused::confused:

I thought you were talking about a child and I was thinking finally! Someone with the same parenting values! :P
    deise08 wrote: »
    When you buy sterling silver jewellery on eBay, leave good feedback and then you start to get a rash because you're allergic to nickel.

:(

it's not sterling silver :(

I'm reminded of a really bad joke (hopefully it wont get pulled as "chat" since it's camouflaged in among all the TA's. A woman went to her doctor with two strange green circles on her thighs. The doctor asked, "have you a gypsy lover" and she shyly replied, "yes". He told her, "there's nothing to worry about here....but tell your lover his earrings are not real silver" :D
    malibu4u wrote: »
    +1.

that reminds me, people who pay for things costing say a tenner in shops using a card and holding up a queue of customers. Pay in cash ffs.

Annoys me too. On the other end of this spectrum are the gobdaws who wont wait for even one transaction and wave their product at the cashier as they run past and slap their payment down on the counter. "I'll just leave that there for you love!". It needs to be scanned you idiot!
    PandaPoo wrote: »
    Standing in the queue for the atm, the woman in front was there for about ten minutes! I could see the screen, she kept asking for multiples of 20 but the machine only had 50s. I was tempted to say something but I shouldn't have been looking at the screen.

She tried to get €20 out 4 different times. Then moved on to €40, €60 and €80. Who doesn't try for €50 somewhere in there?? I was really angry and I very rarely get angry.

This happened me one time in a shop, again I was looking (innocently but because I wanted to see the cause for the holdup) as the guys card was declined time and time again. It was one of those pin pads where you had to press "ok" to authorise the amount before entering your pin, but he was just punching in his pin without doing this. I couldn't say anything but I was hopping...
    fiachr_a wrote: »
    People who complain because you eat chocolate eggs before Easter. Where in the bible does it say that they can only be eaten on a certain day?

The same place that says adults should commemorate the resistance of temptation and the agonising and barbaric death of our Lord...by giving up sweets.
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The teachers moaning and complaining on the INTO thing in Ennis.
    A permanent, well paid, pensionable job. Loads of holidays, and short hours.
    Sure isn't it terrible for them. Finished every day at 3 o'clock.

And all the talk about "having them all on the same pay" - I'm pretty sure that automatically means increasing the lower pay rather than decreasing the higher pay....
    PandaPoo wrote: »
    A friend of mine is going in to be induced today, she told her close friends and said not to spread it around.

Another friend posts on her Facebook 'good luck today with the induction, can't wait to meet the little man! '

Now there's dozens of comments, oh it's a boy how lovely, you're being induced? Why didn't you tell me? Etc.

Never mind that, shouldn't it be "inducement"? Induction makes it sound like she's going for baby training :)

Jesus ONW...I found myself getting annoyed just reading thru that.
    TA at guests whose idea of enjoying themselves is so different to yours!

I didn't realise how much they annoyed me until I started typing and the fury nearly consumed me... There were loads of annoyances but I couldn't say anything because they were trying to be nice. Even things like when we were sitting out having some drinks and they kept throwing the ball for my dog. They obviously thought she was ok with it because she kept bringing it back for them but I know she'd run until she collapsed. Middle of the day,quite warm and they are running her like a mad thing. Eventually I had to just pick her up and say, "I'm just putting her inside for a nap" - :o

Apache have decreased the size of their large pizza from 15 to 14 inches.... An inch can make all the difference! I was squinting at the cardboard pizzas for an eternity until I realised what they'd done. Cheap fúckers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When you're drying dishes and you have to keep walking around the person standing at the sink to put the stuff away.

Also, had friends up for dinner at the weekend. My way is to have the dinner more or less ready when they arrive. Oh apparently not. OH said it would be ok for it to be just getting started when they arrive. TA1: I will be slaving while they all start drinking = not fair.

TA2: I am cooking something that I have not cooked for a while so I am relying on a recipe and am therefore not sure what comes next. That's ok except....one guest decides "its more fun if we all make the food together and then enjoy our combined efforts over wine" - :confused: So now not only do I have to try to negotiate the recipe myself, I have three idiots getting in my way trying to help. Asking me what they can do when I don't even know myself what I am doing next. Not knowing where anything is so altogether being more of a fúcking hindrance than a help.

- what will I do?
    - Juice the limes
    - ok where is the juicer?
    - we don't have one, just squeeze them
    - into what?
    - a bowl
    - where are the bowls
    - there
    - do you have a knife?
    - will you cut the tomatoes also please?
    - ok what size?
    - :confused:
    - what will I do next
    - I dont know, I need to check the recipe

And then of course, there's the standing around with one arm as long as the other, in front of the press I need to access. Then when I ask them to move, they stand in front of the drawer I need to open next....

:mad::mad::mad:

TA3: When we stopped off for wine, they started picking out the most expensive ones - "let's buy two of these, they will be amazing with your dish" (at the price of half a days wage each) and I'm like, "er....why don't you sort yourselves out with your wánker wine and I'll just buy a six box of flat bottomed bottle chardonnay like the dipso that I am"

TA4: When we get to the house, they put the wine in the fridge....the fridge you say? Where we must wait an hour for it to chill? What's wrong with you people?! Put it in the freezer and then we can drink in ten minutes!! :(

Finding a frozen solid bottle of wine in the freezer with the cork sticking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Bitey flying insects. They seem to love me. I got 2 bites yesterday afternoon and I've got a bite on my thumb now. I'm itchy as hell.

2. My sweat glands don't work properly so my face looks like a sweaty beetroot in the heat.:(:o

Picked up the Sindo "LIFE' supplement for a read, now I like Nadia Forde, I really do, but moaning about her single life or why she can't get men or whatever?

Stop it Nadia ffs, I think I'll just look at the pictures :rolleyes:

And Miranda Kerr on the back? Feel like I should've posted this in the happy thread! :D

Actually I clicked into that thread once, the mind fcuk was incredible, a bit like when you're expecting the taste of chocolate, and instead you bite into a lemon... :mad:

Perils of doing it blindfolded :(

Picked up the Sindo "LIFE' supplement for a read, now I like Nadia Forde, I really do, but moaning about her single life or why she can't get men or whatever?

Stop it Nadia ffs, I think I'll just look at the pictures :rolleyes:

And Miranda Kerr on the back? Feel like I should've posted this in the happy thread! :D

Actually I clicked into that thread once, the mind fcuk was incredible, a bit like when you're expecting the taste of chocolate, and instead you bite into a lemon... :mad:

Perils of doing it blindfolded :(

I don't know who these women are and not sure if I should be trivially annoyed by not knowing who they are.

I don't know who these women are and not sure if I should be trivially annoyed by not knowing who they are.

And here was me thinking people would just stop reading after I said "the Sindo" - "let me finish, let me finish!" :pac:

That reminds me actually -

People who never let you finish your sentences before jumping in assuming what you were going to say, I just stop talking and don't answer, they have all the bloody answers already apparently :mad:

Pears. When they are ripe they are fantastic. You would get out of bed in the morning for a fine pear. Succulent and satisfying.

But then there are the ones that look ripe but are in fact hard as rocks. And dry.
    I am breaking my teeth trying to eat a hard pear right now. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People who never let you finish your sentences before jumping in assuming what you were going to say, I just stop talking and don't answer, they have all the bloody answers already apparently :mad:

A friend of mine used to do that, and what she would finish with would not be anything like what I intended to say. I used to just say 'No, what I was going to say was...'

(Maybe she has posted about me on the TA thread...who knows?) :D

galljga1 wrote: »
    Finding a frozen solid bottle of wine in the freezer with the cork sticking out.

You'd be more likely to find a forgotten person in our freezer than a forgotten bottle of wine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

You would get into bed in the morning for a fine pair. Succulent and satisfying.

FYP :D

TA - Organising events and having to chase up people to pay you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

That's ok except....one guest decides "its more fun if we all make the food together and then enjoy our combined efforts over wine" - :confused:

That guest would get a polite but firm 'get da fcuk outta my kitchen' if they ever suggested such a thing to me. I'd probably brandish a large meat cleaver to let them know how serious I was.

I can image little worse that having a bunch of numpties bumping around my kitchen as I prepare food.

• Advertisement

TA at the weekend was the amount of people on the roads in my locality. Now, I'm not exactly one of these "local access only" weirdos but what annoys me is that the people who use the roads who are non-residents seem to have zero respect for the place. We live outside the city, and the landscape is beautiful and the place is peaceful.....except for Sundays and bank holidays when we get the day trippers. What písses me off about them is not the fact that they are there, but they have no respect for the place. They drive at speeds totally inappropriate to the type of road they are on, with little allowance made for the fact that they are not familiar with the area and don't know the twists and turns and where the road narrows etc. Zero regard for the fact that it's primarily a farming area and that means there may be livestock crossing. There are family pets to think about too. They are often litter louts and think nothing of leaving behind McDonalds bags, nappies, empty cigarette cartons etc. By all means enjoy the countryside on a nice day but FFS have some cop on and take your rubbish with you. It's not as if it ceases to exist as soon as you leave it behind - there are people living and working there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When I'm in the mood for music but I don't know what I want to listen to and nothing I put on sounds right.

People who get all brave in the comments under stories about abuse stating " let me in a room with (abuser) or "I would (extreme act of gory justice to inflict on abuser) I admire the passionate sentiment and. It's what they deserve but don't get ahead of yourself thinking you're some hard nut warrior.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    People who get all brave in the comments under stories about abuse stating " let me in a room with (abuser) or "I would (extreme act of gory justice to inflict on abuser) I admire the passionate sentiment and. It's what they deserve but don't get ahead of yourself thinking you're some hard nut warrior.

In real life, they'd probably just shoot the person a dirty look and run away :)

Well it had to fúcking happen didn't it. As if Irish people's obsession with talking about the weather was not bad enough, now the sun has poked its hole into the island for a day or two, they've gone into fúcking overdrive. It's all they can talk about. You see the light in the sky? That's the sun. It's warm and it's light and we like it. End of. Would you feckin well get over it you neanderthal gobdaws...

I've got to go to our local shop today and I'm dreading it. So many obnoxious fricking teenagers hang around the place, generally making total pricks of themselves and shouting abuse at people. I rarely use the place but on the odd occasion where I've had to go at lunchtime on a school day it's like something from Lord of the Flies, and of course they're on holiday so there's not going to be a good time to go over.

What really bugs me is that the majority of these teens are from average working/middle class families. It's not as if they have any reason to behave as they do, other than being over-indulged brats with an exaggerated sense of entitlement. :mad:

I've got to go to our local shop today and I'm dreading it. So many obnoxious fricking teenagers hang around the place, generally making total pricks of themselves and shouting abuse at people. I rarely use the place but on the odd occasion where I've had to go at lunchtime on a school day it's like something from Lord of the Flies, and of course they're on holiday so there's not going to be a good time to go over.

What really bugs me is that the majority of these teens are from average working/middle class families. It's not as if they have any reason to behave as they do, other than being over-indulged brats with an exaggerated sense of entitlement. :mad:

Morons. I don't remember being like that when I was a teen. ("In my day" lol). They are at that age when they are too old to want to stay at home, and too young (and poor) to be allowed in anywhere so they just drift about like lumps of deadwood. Sometimes I see gangs of them hanging around the carpark in the evening, the boys asserting their male dominance by giving older people a hard time, and the girls flashing their reproductive plumbing in Penneys finest fishnets and shorts...a weird sort of mating ritual tbh, and I think.... would you not just rather be inside where it's warm and there are you know...seats?? :confused:

Morons. I don't remember being like that when I was a teen. ("In my day" lol). They are at that age when they are too old to want to stay at home, and too young (and poor) to be allowed in anywhere so they just drift about like lumps of deadwood. Sometimes I see gangs of them hanging around the carpark in the evening, the boys asserting their male dominance by giving older people a hard time, and the girls flashing their reproductive plumbing in Penneys finest fishnets and shorts...a weird sort of mating ritual tbh, and I think.... would you not just rather be inside where it's warm and there are you know...seats?? :confused:

Yeah, we didn't carry on like that when we were teens, it just wasn't done. There's no shortage of money with them since most of them are buying baguettes at just short of 4 quid a pop, whereas I make my husbands lunch and he takes it to work with him. So they're parents are spending 80 euro a month per kid, just on school lunches.:eek:

Yeah, we didn't carry on like that when we were teens, it just wasn't done. There's no shortage of money with them since most of them are buying baguettes at just short of 4 quid a pop, whereas I make my husbands lunch and he takes it to work with him. So they're parents are spending 80 euro a month per kid, just on school lunches.:eek:

I guess we grew up in the "you must have done something to deserve it" rather than the "how dare you accuse my darling" era :pac:

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote:
    In real life, they'd probably just shoot the person a dirty look and run away

I remember before Christmas, the prime time expose on elderly abuse in a care home where people were just losing the run of themselves on social media, saying this that and the other on what their choice of justice would be eg. various methods of torture inflicted on the offending nurses and staff responsible, can't remember specifics but just silly stuff, hanging I think was one of them. I admire their passion right down to the ground and fair play that there are such strong minded moral folk among us but come on now, suzie from tallaght (random fake example)saying she'll rip their teeth out with pliers and burn them alive?

I just don't think it was the answer in that case but I completely understand the outcry. Sack them without pay, take them off the register and take them to court, even jail, punish them to the fullest extent of the law, but these wannabe axe murderers and arsonists are something I didn't agree with.

I remember before Christmas, the prime time expose on elderly abuse in a care home where people were just losing the run of themselves on social media, saying this that and the other on what their choice of justice would be eg. various methods of torture inflicted on the offending nurses and staff responsible, can't remember specifics but just silly stuff, hanging I think was one of them. I admire their passion right down to the ground and fair play that there are such strong minded moral folk among us but come on now, suzie from tallaght (random fake example)saying she'll rip their teeth out with pliers and burn them alive?

I just don't think it was the answer in that case but I completely understand the outcry. Sack them without pay, take them off the register and take them to court, even jail, punish them to the fullest extent of the law, but these wannabe axe murderers and arsonists are something I didn't agree with.

And if you tell them you disagree with the death penalty (which I do), you might as well just tell them you're an elder abuser/psycho/paedo/axe murderer yourself. Their pea-sized intellectual capabilities translate a stance against capital punishment into condoning the crimes themselves :rolleyes: It's like some kind of gore contest. Not unlike the grief contests we see on social media sites, where the recently deceased are urged to "sleep with the angles" and the junkie who just got shot inspires the "only the good die young" rant.

TA that everyone is so angry today - in this thread. :(

Well it had to fúcking happen didn't it. As if Irish people's obsession with talking about the weather was not bad enough, now the sun has poked its hole into the island for a day or two, they've gone into fúcking overdrive. It's all they can talk about. You see the light in the sky? That's the sun. It's warm and it's light and we like it. End of. Would you feckin well get over it you neanderthal gobdaws...

We may need to sacrifice a few virgins to it, just to keep us in sunlight till the weekend:)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    We may need to sacrifice a few virgins to it, just to keep us in sunlight till the weekend:)

Well you wont find any here. :pac:

TA that everyone is so angry today - in this thread. :(

I always start my posts with things that I think are trivially annoying but then as I type I become more and more annoyed and eventually I become said angry person that trivially annoys you :)

• Advertisement

I always start my posts with things that I think are trivially annoying but then as I type I become more and more annoyed and eventually I become said angry person that trivially annoys you :)

No, I think I am now afraid of you and Pumpkin!

And if that does not work, slice their nutsack off with a rusty saw, and bathe the wound in caustic soda, that will shut them up:D

People breathing on my food.

Middle - aul wan aged yokes who shuffle around. Like, literally shuffle from side to side. What is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Ladies - pleeeeease STOP with the pouty /duck-face/ I just smelled something funny and I'm confused about it selfies. It does not look attractive at all. It can make a beautiful face just look weird. Every time I see one of these pictures I just cringe. Ick!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement