Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Ladies - pleeeeease STOP with the pouty /duck-face/ I just smelled something funny and I'm confused about it selfies. It does not look attractive at all. It can make a beautiful face just look weird. Every time I see one of these pictures I just cringe. Ick!

Did you not know that's how they show what a good night they had? How else would the world and it's mother know that they are cool and carefree and having the craic if they didn't do trout face?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

Sports reporters who insist on describing Premiership Footballers' salaries as a weekly wage.

Look, I don't give a **** how wealthy these guys are. Why should I? No skin off my nose. But I don't like having my intelligence insulted.

Nobody earns 100 grand a week. That's five million a year, give or take, FFS.

Are we supposed to think that the likes of Aguerro, Fabregas, Rooney et al slope up to the accounts hatch in their cloth caps with their sandwich boxes wrapped up in their tracksuits of a Saturday evening to collect 100 grand odd in used fivers in a windowed envelope?

Get outta here. Their remuneration is subject to the most tax-efficient laundering before it gets anywhere near their bank accounts and some of these guys have probably never seen a banknote since they went pro. It all goes on the plastic.

Seriously lads. Enjoy your wealth but enough of the Joe Soap act. You're on seasonal remuneration; not a working man's weekly wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    We may need to sacrifice a few virgins to it, just to keep us in sunlight till the weekend:)

Don't look at me, that ship sailed many years ago.:D

Ladies - pleeeeease STOP with the pouty /duck-face/ I just smelled something funny and I'm confused about it selfies. It does not look attractive at all. It can make a beautiful face just look weird. Every time I see one of these pictures I just cringe. Ick!

Selfies piss me off, full stop. I just find it extremely narcissistic thinking you're that attractive/interesting/amusing or whatever, that you need to photograph yourself and upload it to internet so that other people can thank you for sharing it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I noticed a lot of "younger" people wandering around with cases of Miller today, and thought it must be on sale......then I realised, yep, today is mickey moolah day, and it's sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Selfies piss me off, full stop.

When people buy a selfie stick it should come with a disclaimer to state:

Upon buying this product you are agreeing to let other members of the public forcefully remove it from your had to beat you with it, and in certain cases insert it in your rectum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Cut the grass, walk the dog, go for a swim.
    The unexpected arrivals are the worst. "It's only us".
    Who does that now? I'd always text or call at least an hour before, to see that it suits. In this day and age, with everyone having phones, there is no need to arrive on someone's doorstep unannounced. Completely unacceptable in my book.

The reason why in-laws and annoying relatives prefer to arrive out of the blue like that is because if they text or ring beforehand they are giving you a chance to make some excuse/say you aren't at home etc.
    They take no chances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Those knobheads blocking O'Connell St, Dublin yesterday celebrating the Rising. If they were alive 99 years ago they're exactly the kind of people who would have avoided the GPO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Those knobheads blocking O'Connell St, Dublin yesterday celebrating the Rising. If they were alive 99 years ago they're exactly the kind of people who would have avoided the GPO!

Wasn't O'Connell st blocked off by the council for the 1915 gig yesterday? At least it was when I was there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Constant baby updates on Facebook. I don't mind the odd photo, nice to stay in touch with people like that, etc. Some people really go over the top though. I don't want to see multiple photos and videos every week of any kid, and was it really necessary to post like 10-15 photos of 'X's first easter'?! I've seen more baby bump pics this year than I'd ever wished to see as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

That people are still talking about f*cking Jeremy Clarkson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

That people are still talking about f*cking Jeremy Clarkson.

Self loathing?

Self loathing?

Que?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

it trivially annoys me (i.e. does my fecking head in) that my IP address seems to change itself every day (without any of the obvious reasons). My google analytics has filters in to exclude my IP address, but I have to update this every day.

So tedious and google shows me that other people with Talk Talk have the same problem.

So annoying to have to update it every day in order to have accurate web tracking.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People breathing on my food.

Ah that's not too bad. I just get TA by people breathing :P

TA that despite having no action in it whatsoever since I moved in six months ago, I seem to have broken my bed - one of the boards underneath has come away, and I have a dip in the middle.

I mean, if you're gonna break a bed, you should have a decent story behind it.

TA that if I got my wish and got together with the boy I like (unlikely!), I might actually need to consider bringing him to the spare room for shenanigans to avoid breaking the bed altogether :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

The pissy faced douchebag models in the adverts that are targeted at me.
    The clothing line shall go unnamed but its something like 'ream a homo'.

And by the pissed on cornflakes looks of these two fart munchers it looks like that's what happened.

Why the fvck do expensive clothes brands use models who always look at you like you're a floating turd.

Oh another TA (Am I the only one annoyed tonight?) - printing a few things via wifi in bed on the laptop to the printer in the office.

All routine stuff. Except the laptop is saying that the printer is an 'error state'.

I really should go and check it out and resolve it, and I'll be glad of it tomorrow if I do and get up and find the stuff printed for me... but it involves getting out of bed, walking around a cold flat... oh and leaving the hot water bottle at my feet. It's a tough one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Best of luck in your exam Kat 

Thank you :) today went okay and I thought tomorrow's would be easier but no it's going to be so difficult. Why can I not be one of those people who study all along and not just leave it until the week before???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

This lingering veneration for Paul Walker. I've tried to ignore it. I've tried to get on with my life, but it hits me in the face every twenty minutes.

Can we draw a line under it and start to heal as a society?

TA - That there's scaffolding going up right outside my bedroom window, and I'd have thought that's the type of thing that people may be told about. Apparently it'll be up and down in a day. It better be. (grumpy start to the day).

TA - people hearing my Irish accent and assuming I'm always away back to Ireland, and if I'm going away somewhere it must be to Ireland.

Sting's beard annoys me. He looks even more like a p*ss stained tramp than usual.

Sting's beard annoys me. He looks even more like a p*ss stained tramp than usual.

I googled it out of curiosity and I'm now TA'd by the sheer amount of Sting's Beard stories there are online. Sting Has Beard, Sting Dyes Beard, Sting Shaves Beard, Sting Has Beard Again.

Beards.

On the luas this morning and there was a guy with his little kid, I reckon she was around 4. Anyway, the kid starts saying, "I want a seat, I want a seat!" and the guy said, "there are no seats, we will take one when there is one free" - fair enough :) Next thing (TA1).... the woman in front of me stands up and offers her seat to the kid! :confused: Is this some new etiquette I am not familiar with? I can understand if she was a toddler or if the guy was struggling and in that case I'd be the first up but like to offer your seat because a kid demands it? TA2 then when the kid started listing off all her schoolmates names with "teddy bear" as the surname with an adorable lisp talking about how she loves school "but not as much as I love my daddeeeeeee" - Tick tock tick tock tick tock :mad::mad::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

TA - People on public transport intolerant of cute little kids.

galljga1 wrote: »

Where did you get "intolerant" in my post?

TA? I'm new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Beards.
    Incites mild hatred from OH. TA's me as I don't really have the correct genetics for beard growth. I look like a scruffy bum muncher for about 2 months and then when it finally fills a bit, I just look scruffy. Ya, ok I could try to look after it a bit but **** that. Personally the benefit of having a beard is to not having to shave.

Someone mentioned selfie sticks:
    Billions invested in making wireless communications feasible
    Billions invested in battery technology to make the phone charge last longer than 20 min
    Billions invested in the general industry to fit what would have taken a desk to hold back in the 90's fit in your hand.

Some canadian lad puts his phone/ipad/? on a stick and patents it. I hope he makes so much money they need to make a new word for it. TA'd that people buy this ****, delighted for the patent owner.

TA? I'm new here.

Are you TA that you are new here or new here and don't know what TA is?

• Advertisement

TA? I'm new here.

Clue is in the thread title!

When one part of a set of items is consumed before the rest. For example, a cleanser, toner and moisturiser set - moisturiser will go first. Or those little sets for the sink with handwash and moisturiser - the hand wash will go first. A three part dip set with cream cheese, salsa and guacamole - guacamole left hanging around long after the other two are gone.

Where did you get "intolerant" in my post?

Possibly the "Tick tock tick tock tick tock mad.pngmad.pngeek.png"

Possibly the "Tick tock tick tock tick tock mad.pngmad.pngeek.png"

I think you did something funny with your quote. The tick tock followed by mad expressions was a humorous reference to my biological clock :o

On the luas this morning and there was a guy with his little kid, I reckon she was around 4. Anyway, the kid starts saying, "I want a seat, I want a seat!" and the guy said, "there are no seats, we will take one when there is one free" - fair enough :) Next thing (TA1).... the woman in front of me stands up and offers her seat to the kid! :confused: Is this some new etiquette I am not familiar with? I can understand if she was a toddler or if the guy was struggling and in that case I'd be the first up but like to offer your seat because a kid demands it? TA2 then when the kid started listing off all her schoolmates names with "teddy bear" as the surname with an adorable lisp talking about how she loves school "but not as much as I love my daddeeeeeee" - Tick tock tick tock tick tock :mad::mad::eek:

Did you develop a facial tic? I think I would have. Few things in life more annoying than a child like that. Ah well, just console yourself that in a few years time daddy's little ingratiating princess will have transformed into daddy's little psycho and he's the one that will have to live with it. :D

Ah come on. There's a massive difference between cute and deliberately twee.

Did you develop a facial tic? I think I would have. Few things in life more annoying than a child like that. Ah well, just console yourself that in a few years time daddy's little ingratiating princess will have transformed into daddy's little psycho and he's the one that will have to live with it. :D

lol, no I was trivially annoyed because she just reminded me how much I want kids. :D

I think you did something funny with your quote. The tick tock followed by mad expressions was a humorous reference to my biological clock :o

No worries. I do not take anything on this board seriously particularly this thread. I don't think you do either.

No worries. I do not take anything on this board seriously particularly this thread. I don't think you do either.

I'm not really sure what that means but glad I have sorted out your initial confusion :)

lol, no I was trivially annoyed because she just reminded me how much I want kids. :D

I suggest borrowing someone else's kids for a weekend, then come back and tell me you still want kids. :D

• Advertisement

TA - when someone's post on the TA thread trivially annoys you but you can't take your trivial annoyance to the trivial annoyance thread as that'd be against the rules and stuff... and may not be a nice thing to do... but you don't know where to go with your trivial annoyance cos you're so used to taking it to the thread :D

(note... this is not specifically related to any recent post)

OK I withdraw everything I have posted this morning and apologise. I misunderstood the original post, taking tick tock etc for impatience. I was only having a laugh. This is not exactly the most serious thread.

TA at misunderstood posts.

I suggest borrowing someone else's kids for a weekend, then come back and tell me you still want kids. :D

I used to take my Godson for long stints when he was young, as his mum was single and working full time. Never has a bottle of wine tasted so sweet as when I dropped him home and cracked open a bottle :pac:

OK I withdraw everything I have posted this morning and apologise. I misunderstood the original post, taking tick tock etc for impatience. I was only having a laugh. This is not exactly the most serious thread.

TA at misunderstood posts.

Oh you thought the tick tock was a reference to a ticking bomb? Actually I can see how that could happen! :) No, it was definitely a reference to the ticking timebomb of the biological clock :o

TA that the food thread I just wandered into seemed to have a discussion about eggs going on and one person pointed out the yuck factor that is an egg being a chicken's period.... to which someone else said "nonsense.... it's not a chicken's period" (thank God! I can eat them again)..... "It's a chicken foetus" :eek:

gag......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

TA that the food thread I just wandered into seemed to have a discussion about eggs going on and one person pointed out the yuck factor that is an egg being a chicken's period.... to which someone else said "nonsense.... it's not a chicken's period" (thank God! I can eat them again)..... "It's a chicken foetus" :eek:

gag......
    Don't worry, it isn't. Commercial eggs don't use roosters to fertilise the eggs.

Don't worry, it isn't. Commercial eggs don't use roosters to fertilise the eggs.

We get ours from a farm, but I guess the same applies? So it really is just.... an egg?

On a train to Dublin and there isn't enough carriages. So we have about 100 people standing up including a large group of elderly women, but also very young kids and all.

People sitting at the back (who in my opinion should give up there seats to the old in the first place) insist on pushing through everyone to get to the dining car. How about you forget your tea and sit the **** down if you're d sitting.

He place is black with people and they are looking for a Danish?!!

Fúckwits still talking about the weather.

Apparently it's "not as nice as it was yesterday" but dont worry, if I hear anything else I'll let you all know :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

On a train to Dublin and there isn't enough carriages. So we have about 100 people standing up including a large group of elderly women, but also very young kids and all.

People sitting at the back (who in my opinion should give up there seats to the old in the first place) insist on pushing through everyone to get to the dining car. How about you forget your tea and sit the **** down if you're d sitting.

He place is black with people and they are looking for a Danish?!!

Said the croissant :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement