Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Said the croissant :D

Fair play. There are none of them looking for me, much to my dismay. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

We get ours from a farm, but I guess the same applies? So it really is just.... an egg?
    Yeah I'd imagine so. Usually they'd only let the rooster in with the hens if they want eggs to be hatched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Yeah I'd imagine so. Usually they'd only let the rooster in with the hens if they want eggs to be hatched.

Poor rooster lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Too tired to make lunch last night, so have to endure canteen today...
    Stodgy stodge stodge

I didn't reserve a seat. A lady came around saying you're entitled to a refund if you have to stand after reserving a seat.

Damn. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I didn't reserve a seat. A lady came around saying you're entitled to a refund if you have to stand after reserving a seat.

Damn. :D

I did not know that.
    Lots of people TAed when the train is not full.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Tommy O'Gorman, RTE news, Belfast"

Watch the way he holds the microphone, a big mad fist around it. It looks like they have a problem with the local skobes racing up on BMX's and snatching the mike from his hands.

The other guy who reports from Belfast does the same thing.....weird.

IPhones must come with screens already cracked. unbelievable amount of them around all smashed up.

What is the point asking you if you want your roll cut in half if they are only going to half cut it? :(

Running at lunch....tyrying to eat at desk....constant interruptions.....also reminded of all the people who are TA'd by others eating at their desks.... :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA - WH Smith.

Not sure if there's any in ROI... but in UK they annoy me.

Have a pile of special offer chocolates etc on the counter. Staff are obliged to ask every single customer if they want any of these special offers for only a pound. Even, of course, if one of your purchases is actually one of the special offers.

I say no.

Continue with my purchase. They lump a pile of discount vouchers for things I don't want - usually mcdonalds, or very.co.uk (but only a discount if you open up a credit account) on top of my purchase. I take my purchase, put the discount vouchers back on the counter and walk away.

It goes like this every time, and it's annoying.

Staff, I know, are obliged to go through this routine every single time they serve a customer, and it must be so annoying for them... and I know for me I find it so very impersonal, reminds me of getting served by a robot who's churning out the same lines again and again and that it's discouraging staff from seeing customers as actual people...

Thankfully some of their bigger shops have self-service checkouts.. which I'd always choose over people.

Before anyone says why go into WH Smith if it annoys you, but often in railway stations they're the only shop available...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Running at lunch....tyrying to eat at desk....constant interruptions.....also reminded of all the people who are TA'd by others eating at their desks.... :P

I'm annoyed that my runs (hehe) are getting too long now so I can't do them at lunch time anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

That they haven't thought of crunchy nutella yet. If they can make icky peanut butter crunchy they can make nutella crunchy.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    That they haven't thought of crunchy nutella yet. If they can make icky peanut butter crunchy they can make nutella crunchy.

I think I got something like that in Spain a number of years back :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Just crush up a few Ferraro Rochas.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

TA - WH Smith.

Not sure if there's any in ROI... but in UK they annoy me.

Have a pile of special offer chocolates etc on the counter. Staff are obliged to ask every single customer if they want any of these special offers for only a pound. Even, of course, if one of your purchases is actually one of the special offers.

I say no.

Continue with my purchase. They lump a pile of discount vouchers for things I don't want - usually mcdonalds, or very.co.uk (but only a discount if you open up a credit account) on top of my purchase. I take my purchase, put the discount vouchers back on the counter and walk away.

It goes like this every time, and it's annoying.

Staff, I know, are obliged to go through this routine every single time they serve a customer, and it must be so annoying for them... and I know for me I find it so very impersonal, reminds me of getting served by a robot who's churning out the same lines again and again and that it's discouraging staff from seeing customers as actual people...

Thankfully some of their bigger shops have self-service checkouts.. which I'd always choose over people.

Before anyone says why go into WH Smith if it annoys you, but often in railway stations they're the only shop available...

Lotto for you love?

I think I got something like that in Spain a number of years back :P

*books flights to Spain* :p

Just crush up a few Ferraro Rochas.:D

That's an idea :) . If they could invent a forrero roche spread, that'd be great! They've turned those coffee biscuits into a spread.

That's an idea :) . If they could invent a forrero roche spread, that'd be great! They've turned those coffee biscuits into a spread.

You could try Ovomaltine crunchy cream too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

If there was a Ferrero Rocher spread then it would cost a fortune.
    Mr Ambassador may even squint at that cost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

You can get Malteser spread now, it's basically a chocolate spread with crunchy little malty balls in it. I guess that's the closest thing to crunchy Nutella, just without the nuttiness.

Chocolate salty balls

I found some of last years Summer's clothes while I was having a tidy. Trivial annoyance is that they're 'snugger' than last year, even though I promised myself I'd lose weight. Someone break out the chocolate cake.:(

When you think of a TA and you accidentally post it in whatever thread you happen to be in at the time. Note to self: I am not always in the TTTAY thread.... My foolishness has been immortalised forever in a serious thread about role models, reproduction and family values - by me complaining that someone just whistled while on the phone and took my ear off :(

TA - When I catch a side glance of myself in a mirror and realise I look like a family member I don't want to look like. urgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

That everything is a fcuking challenge these days. 'The Aldi challenge', yeah it's such a challenge to do your grocery shopping in a different shop!

Single beds.

I know I booked a single room in this hotel to save money, but single beds are so fecking annoying.

• Advertisement

Getting nice and relaxed in bed then receiving a text message while my phone is charging on the floor on the other side of the room :mad:

TA that I can feel early signs of hayfever......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

on the (reality) TV show Don't tell the Bride,

The guy picks a wedding dress for his bride, she absolutely hates it, she can't get married in it, her life is ruined, her dream of a fairytale wedding dashed forever.

THEN DON'T GO ON A TV SHOW WHERE YOUR SOON TO BE HUSBAND PICKS THE WEDDING DRESS FOR YOU AND YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO SAY IN IT WHATSOEVER

your getting a free wedding, you might just have to accept that your boyfriend (who is a bit of a berk) will pick a dress for you that he thinks is lovely, but you think belongs on my big fat gypsy wedding!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,190 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The way Enda Kenny pauses and takes a sharp intake of breath through his nose, in a vain attempt to sound commanding!

everlast75 wrote: »
    The way Enda Kenny pauses and takes a sharp intake of breath through his nose, in a vain attempt to sound commanding!

Enda Kenny is getting rightly on my tits these days.
    Especially when he wants to get some point across and comes out with an anecdote about how me met Mary from claremorris this morning who told him something that completely backed up his point.

As if national policy should be dictated by a meeting of Enda and Mary from Claremorris in the local Fancy good shop.

miezekatze wrote: »
    That everything is a fcuking challenge these days. 'The Aldi challenge', yeah it's such a challenge to do your grocery shopping in a different shop!

And if it's not a "challenge" then it's either got "gate" or "tastic" stuck onto the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When you're looking forward to tinned spaghetti on toast, you open the tin and here are all of these little hoops :(

They taste totally different :(

Then you look and realise you're after buying 4 cans of hoops.

I hate spaghetti hoops.

everlast75 wrote: »

Oh Gawd, yes! :mad::mad: I didn't even realise this annoyed me until you said it!

deise08 wrote: »
    When you're looking forward to tinned spaghetti on toast, you open the tin and here are all of these little hoops :(

I hate spaghetti hoops.

I will PM you my address... More than happy to relieve you of your tins of hoops!

PTSB automated banking down :( "Please call back later" - :confused: When? "Later" is not a time. "Later" is entirely subjective - what time is "later"? I know exactly how much is there, but the only thing that offsets the mundane and the general shít is that one time per week when you can go and just have a look at what you got in exchange for said mundane and general shít :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at Aer Lingus for being complete and utter rip-off merchants on the LHR-SNN route for the entire month of May. :mad:

• Advertisement

I will PM you my address... More than happy to relieve you of your tins of hoops!

Ew worms! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

American spell checker.

Ew worms! :(

Get. Your. Mind. Out. Of. The. Gutter. Woman!

galljga1 wrote: »
    American spell checker.

I idolize it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The spate of heartwarming stories on Facebook about a strangers positive reaction to an autistic child having a tantrum on public transport etc is driving me nuts. The first one I thought awww that's lovely, but when several different versions appeared it's clear that they are made up. It's a lovely thing if it really did happen of course, but I just hate BS in any form. Maybe the idea is to raise awareness, but it's annoying me nonetheless ...

Clickbait headlines.
    Only popular because simpletons click on them. The art of journalism is dying a sad and sorry death.

deise08 wrote: »

I hate spaghetti hoops.

Tinned spaghetti must be one of the most vile creations ever.

I could never imagine a time when I would be looking forward to that.

Just my opinion of course:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Youngest had surgery on her hip two weeks ago. It's been hellish but she is starting to feel better and sleep better. As the weather was nice yesterday I decided to take the kids to the local playground. We tend to frequent it all year around but yesterday it was full of the 'fair weather' parents who wouldn't dare let little Mork or Mindy out in public during the cold winter months.

Youngest is in a brace for the next few weeks. It holds her legs in an awkward splayed position to keep the hip in place. There was nothing in the playground she could really use apart from one large swinging thing that you lie in. I plaaced her in it and just as I started to swing one of those obnoxious little Morks, about 8 hurtles over and starts to climb in. I placed my hand in front of him and asked him would he mind waiting until we had finished as the little girl in there hasd a sore leg and if he climbed in he might hurt her. He starts getting pissy with me and trying to push in so again I place my hand in front to stop him.

Next minute some overweight heffalump of a parent storms over and tells me that there is plenty of room and why was I preventing her little Mork from climbing on and that he would stay over one side so he wouldn't hurt her leg.:rolleyes: I was so livid that I needed a cigarette to calm down when I got home and I've been off them 6 months :mad::(

Short version: over indulged kids and their fat parents!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

on the (reality) TV show Don't tell the Bride,

The guy picks a wedding dress for his bride, she absolutely hates it, she can't get married in it, her life is ruined, her dream of a fairytale wedding dashed forever.

THEN DON'T GO ON A TV SHOW WHERE YOUR SOON TO BE HUSBAND PICKS THE WEDDING DRESS FOR YOU AND YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO SAY IN IT WHATSOEVER

your getting a free wedding, you might just have to accept that your boyfriend (who is a bit of a berk) will pick a dress for you that he thinks is lovely, but you think belongs on my big fat gypsy wedding!.

Or knowing the format of the show, have a freaking discussion before you go on so he knows exactly what to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Not a spread I know but you can get forrero ice cream in Gino's - never tried it myself but ive heard its lovely :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement