Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vel wrote: »
    Youngest had surgery on her hip two weeks ago. It's been hellish but she is starting to feel better and sleep better. As the weather was nice yesterday I decided to take the kids to the local playground. We tend to frequent it all year around but yesterday it was full of the 'fair weather' parents who wouldn't dare let little Mork or Mindy out in public during the cold winter months.

Youngest is in a brace for the next few weeks. It holds her legs in an awkward splayed position to keep the hip in place. There was nothing in the playground she could really use apart from one large swinging thing that you lie in. I plaaced her in it and just as I started to swing one of those obnoxious little Morks, about 8 hurtles over and starts to climb in. I placed my hand in front of him and asked him would he mind waiting until we had finished as the little girl in there hasd a sore leg and if he climbed in he might hurt her. He starts getting pissy with me and trying to push in so again I place my hand in front to stop him.

Next minute some overweight heffalump of a parent storms over and tells me that there is plenty of room and why was I preventing her little Mork from climbing on and that he would stay over one side so he wouldn't hurt her leg.:rolleyes: I was so livid that I needed a cigarette to calm down when I got home and I've been off them 6 months :mad::(

Short version: over indulged kids and their fat parents!!!

I got so angry just reading this! What utterly inconsiderate twatty parenting. She had a perfect opportunity to show her son not to be a spoilt little b*llox and to put someone else's needs before his own :(

Fairweather (especially in this weather) parents do my head in. The hometime commute was a f*cking nightmare yesterday too as they all decided to come home on the same luas as the 9-5 ers after a day out spending their mickey money. The carriage was actually like a creche, and I had to start navigating my way off a stop early because there were so many buggies blocking the doors. Where are these people when the sun is not shining??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,190 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    And if it's not a "challenge" then it's either got "gate" or "tastic" stuck onto the end of it.

This enrages me - lazy journalism.

Latest one? Cameron eats a hot dog with a knife and fork?

Yup - you've guessed it!

Hot-dog gate!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

messrs wrote: »
    Not a spread I know but you can get forrero ice cream in Gino's - never tried it myself but ive heard its lovely :)

Ooh and today's the perfect day for ice cream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ah Vel, that's awful. I don't know how you resisted the temptation to say 'fcuk off ya fat fcuk and take your kid with you', she'd have deserved it. Jesus, with parents like that it's no wonder so many kids/teens have become obnoxious wan*ers.:mad:

Oh Gawd, yes! :mad::mad: I didn't even realise this annoyed me until you said it!

Sorry :(:(:(

There's no putting it off. I've got to go to the library today, the library that's built almost entirely of GLASS, so it feels more like a greenhouse than a library and will feel like walking into an oven in this heat.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

There's no putting it off. I've got to go to the library today, the library that's built almost entirely of GLASS, so it feels more like a greenhouse than a library and will feel like walking into an oven in this heat.:(

So we will have some of this later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Vel wrote: »

Next minute some overweight heffalump of a parent storms over and tells me that there is plenty of room and why was I preventing her little Mork from climbing on and that he would stay over one side so he wouldn't hurt her leg.:rolleyes: I was so livid that I needed a cigarette to calm down when I got home and I've been off them 6 months :mad::(

Short version: over indulged kids and their fat parents!!!

FFS. What a charmer that kid is going to be, as an adult. Some kids really have no chance to develop any bit of kindness or sensitivity to others.

I nearly needed a cigarette just reading that, and I don't even smoke.

Stop talking about smoking everyone! Off them a good while now and suddenly getting pangs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Waiting for the post man all day, no sign yet and I just know that he will arrive when I leave the house later. And then I'll have to get two buses and walk miles to get my package.
    Even more trivially annoying was realising I had parcel motel credit, just after it had been dispatched.

Stop talking about smoking everyone! Off them a good while now and suddenly getting pangs!

Same here! Shhhh!

I found shoes for sunshine! TA - I now have to get my feet "sandal-ready" .

My friend sent me a picture of a fat dog eating just as I was trying to get my jaws around a massive sandwich - now I feel like I'm being watched :p.

I keep forgetting to descale the kettle. I'm currently gagging down a cup of limescaley tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Speaking of parks/playgrounds-

down here there's a pub out the country kinda thing. has a big outdoor place for when the weather is good.
    And has a playground thing beside it.
    so of course with this fine weather and Easter holidays it's very busy.
    Now I don't go out there, but the sister wanted to bring the kids to feed the donkeys there so I tagged along. Then of course, ice cream and the kids wanted to play in the playground.
    Now we were minding ours, but what really annoys me is all the parents were more interested in their food and drink than little Jimmy bouncing his head off the ground when he falls off the climbing frame. Or when he's sitting at the top of the slide stopping all the other children.

tl:dr parents who are more interested in drinking and talking than minding their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Cold calling cork suckers.

If you are going to cold call, at least try something like the following

"Hi, I am Brian from Vodaphone, would you mind if I asked some questions about your current provider, and perhaps I can show you some of our offers, and maybe cut your Bill a little"

Not "Howya, do you have a landline?, no? Who does yer broadband? Right, here's the deal...

Eisenberg killed the thread.

:o

• Advertisement

Eisenberg killed the thread.

:o

"You cannot kill that which is already dead" - Van Helsing (Dracula, somewhere at the back):D

Thats my TA

I hate that the sunny spell coinciding with Mickey Money Day has sent the skangers on a spending spree to Penneys. So many of them are decked out in the skanger Spring/Summer collection of fluorescent clothing and or velour tracksuits. The colours are migraine inducing, I suppose they wear them to accentuate their horrendous fake tan shades of orange/teak. As I read somewhere 'not so much sun kissed as Dorito raped'.

The ants are back in our garden so I've been putting down a pet safe mix of icing sugar mixed with baking soda to kill them, the annoying bit is that Mr Pumpkinseeds will start waffling on about 'the poor little ants', when he sees it. Yeah, when it comes to a choice between my feet getting bitten by the little bastards or killing them, the latter is always going to be my choice.

I hate that the sunny spell coinciding with Mickey Money Day has sent the skangers on a spending spree to Penneys. So many of them are decked out in the skanger Spring/Summer collection of fluorescent clothing and or velour tracksuits. The colours are migraine inducing, I suppose they wear them to accentuate their horrendous fake tan shades of orange/teak. As I read somewhere 'not so much sun kissed as Dorito raped'.

Eugh, yeah. The amount of young, able bodied slackers wandering around with drink is just unbelievable. Kind of makes you feel like an idiot for actually working :(

As for the luas at 5 30...... I'd actually rather walk. You kind of live in hope that some of them will alight at say...a certain stop. And then when they don't alight at that stop...you know they will not alight until maybe 5 stops later....and if they don't alight at that one..... they're likely going all the way ;)

And that's another thing, if they want to burn the ass off themselves, go ahead, but can someone think of the children:D.

I have seen some serious sunburn On kids over the last couple of days.

• Advertisement

The ants are back in our garden so I've been putting down a pet safe mix of icing sugar mixed with baking soda to kill them, the annoying bit is that Mr Pumpkinseeds will start waffling on about 'the poor little ants', when he sees it. Yeah, when it comes to a choice between my feet getting bitten by the little bastards or killing them, the latter is always going to be my choice.

There are often such moments in our house too. "Put vaseline on the tick to suffocate it" - um....can I not just pull it out and throw it into the field?

...and then I remember the little bástards are sucking the blood of my dog :rolleyes:

We'd a similar dilemma when a stray wandered in and we wanted to get her neutered but didn't know if she'd been er..."got at" before.... we sort of looked at each other with mild concern as we all silently considered whether our pro-life stance extended to felines :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Being charged twice for a particularly hideous train journey, and waiting for the bank to get back to me about whether they can sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Was in the cinema today somebody's phone rings annoying enough but the cow answered the phone and had a full blown conversation. Not bothering her hole to keep her voice down :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When black contestants appear on a TV game show they never win the sun bed.

fiachr_a wrote: »

WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

WTF?

A very unfunny joke I'd say!!

And more than a lil hint of racism

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

People who think it's ok to take off their shoes and socks anytime they sit down.

I dont want to smell your manky feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

TA that ive fair skin and never Tan :(

puts me off wearing T-shirts in summer when everyone else is so Brown

fiachr_a wrote: »

Can you name even one game show where you witnessed this......just one

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Can you name even one game show where you witnessed this......just one

Don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

You should try working in one!! Need a shower every evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

My deformed toes. Possibly not trivial but my deformed toes annoy me very much.
    Oh and the person that caused them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Seeing two mothers with new born with perfect eyebrows and makeup and I forgot to even moisturise this morning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

loubian wrote: »
    Seeing two mothers with new born with perfect eyebrows and makeup and I forgot to even moisturise this morning :(

I've no kids, and barely bother much with my eyebrows - if I'd a baby, especially a newborn, it's definitely not something I'd be thinking of :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

People who walk slow deserve to be kicked in the back of the legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

brummytom wrote: »
    People who walk slow deserve to be kicked in the back of the legs.

What about short people :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Golf coverage. I don't care. Pampered mammies boys whacking a ball around. And as for Rory McBritish, just go away, your voice and accent are unbearable.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

My housemate put the heating on. WHHHYYYY?!?!?!??11 At least if he'd warned me I'd have turned off the radiator in my room.

Now I'm too warm to sleep with the duvet over me but I can't get to sleep without the weight of the duvet over me.

Nnnngggnnghgghhh.

I hate onions... in fact it transcends hatred.

driving home from work along the M1 some evening's there's a strong waft of onions/leaks coming from one of the local fields. ugh :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

What about short people :(
    I'm short, I still walk at a normal speed!

(Jesus.. my 10,000th post, and 6 years to the day since I joined. What a shít post.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

loubian wrote: »

Why would a baby even need its eyebrows and make up done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Why would a baby even need its eyebrows and make up done?

I thought the same. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

How the guy doing the Guinness Hophouse 13 ad pronounces 'lager' as 'larger'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

When people refer to food as 'grub' or 'noms' ... YUCK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA is lack of that leafy substance you put with tobacco and skins to get ya high, Galway is completely dry, we need a flood of weed to enjoy this weather with. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Women in work who talk about one thing only, their young children

No matter what you start a chat about they'll bring it back their little darlings. "We're busy today, hope we get out on time.......c'mere and I'll tell you what little Sorcha did this weekend" and then you are trapped for the next 15 minutes

And if you dare state an opinion you'll be dismissed with "one day you'll understand"

Remember children are like your fantasy sports team. You're obsessed and could chat for hours but that doesn't mean others want to

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Golf coverage. I don't care. Pampered mammies boys whacking a ball around. And as for Rory McBritish, just go away, your voice and accent are unbearable.

It's not even a sport. Do they ever work up a sweat? Have to laugh at the old lads with their golf cars. Playing a "sport" but too fúckin lazy to drive from hole to hole :rolleyes:

Samsgirl wrote: »
    You should try working in one!! Need a shower every evening.

:D. During the 80's there was a male librarian working there who always wore polyester shirts and he stank of BO. The library doesn't have windows that open so the smell used to linger.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    When people refer to food as 'grub' or 'noms' ... YUCK

Or "eats"

Reading a book on the way to work and realising that I may have mixed up two character's ages but being too proud to go flicking back through the pages looking for a reference to an age in case I come off as too intellectually challenged to remember what happened in the previous chapter :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement