Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

People who pierce their babies ears when they are so small. If I offend anyone - good :) it's a horrible thing to do! Let the child decide for themselves and dont use them as an accessory!

When plans are made for me by friends/family. I hate being told what to do :D

Spitting. There is no need to be doing that outside. Stop.

Loud eaters. It's a phobia of mine :D

When someone calls me "Hun" eeuugghh, makes me cringe!

Feet. Especially weird feet. Ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fricking gnats/mosquitos won't stop biting me and every chemist in the town has no bug bands, all of them are on order. I hate the smell of deet but I'm just gonna have to buy some kind of spray. For some reason they keep going for my right arm, think I've got about 9 bites there now and I look diseased.:(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Waking up at 6 to make the OH's coffee (and she complains because we "dont hold hands anymore") and instead of staying up, going back to sleep for half an hour, falling into what can only be described as a delicious slumber only to be woken shortly after and feeling less refreshed than after the first wake up :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Ah books. Hubby bought me a book ' just because' ( it was really a delayed apology). Been reading it in the sunshine this week during nap time. It's pretty good and part of a series which I like.

Went into easons yesterday only to be told its brand new and the next book isn't due out for 18 months! wtf!?? If I'd known I wouldn't have bothered reading it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

DeltaWhite wrote: »

Loud eaters.

Never ever go to china. I hated it over there for a lot of reasons, but these two were top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The clouds are back :( .

The silly bítch in front of me on the luas this morning masticating loudly on her chewing gum and yabbering away on her phone.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    The clouds are back :( .

Thank God! At least now we might see and end to:

* fluroescent Penneys wear
    * trams full of kids on the way home from work
    * scobes drinking in the streets while the rest of us work
    * people talking about the weather
    * Irish sunburn ie; top of head, bottom half of arms, neckline etc.
    * The (what was it someone said) "less sun kissed, more dorito raped" howiyas around the place

DeltaWhite wrote: »
    People who pierce their babies ears when they are so small. If I offend anyone - good :) it's a horrible thing to do! Let the child decide for themselves and dont use them as an accessory!

When plans are made for me by friends/family. I hate being told what to do :D

Loud eaters. It's a phobia of mine :D

When someone calls me "Hun" eeuugghh, makes me cringe!

Feet. Especially weird feet. Ew.

Pretty much all of this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The silly bítch in front of me on the luas this morning masticating loudly on her chewing gum and yabbering away on her phone.

Had to read that twice :p

• Advertisement

Had to read that twice :p

It's alright, some people need a second go :D:pac:

TA the discriminatory "policies" of health insurers. Pricing around for the folks and apparently my 67 year old dad is not covered on the pistes :eek::D

TA that my car has a puncture.
    My luck is just rock bottom this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

That I really like Mumford & Sons song 'Believe' from the new album...

Hated all their other stuff, but really like the newer sound!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    That I really like Mumford & Sons song 'Believe' from the new album...

Hated all their other stuff, but really like the newer sound!

I might have a listen to that later. Something similar happened to me last night - the battery on my phone I listen to music on, ran out and I figured I'd fire up Spotify on this one - "no Taylor Swift, bollocks... James Bay? Aww man, might as well... Heyyy that's not bad actually!" :D

Spotify free is still painful though with all the skipping and the shuffling and I could hardly find a decent song on it. I could listen to a single song on repeat for days! :o

I like my routine, when my routine is upset, it can throw me something fierce :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Nadia Forde - Seriously, would she ever just go and fúck off?

FM 104 don't play my songs because my ex works there... or maybe your songs are just shít Nadia
    They didn't support me when I was on I'm a celebrity get me out of here - maybe because it's just trash TV that aims to promote nobodies into some sort of higher place in society where they genuinely believe they belong.

as I flick through the various newspaper websites, I see nothing but stories about this attention hungry parasite!!

The boss of the football organisation doesn't talk to me anymore!! oh boo bloody hoo!!! who the hell cares?

Meanwhile, Nadia is currently promoting her new reality show, Nadia: Chasing the Dream

looks like you've caught the dream Nadia, because the newspapers won't stop writing about (promoting) you, while having absolutely no talent in the process.
    I bet she's already been on the Late Late??? another RTÉ darling in the making??

I wonder what it will be next week: Nadia Exclusive: The guys in the coffee shop just can't get my frappachino right, the way I like it!! OMG The world hates me. buy my album to make me feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I want to buy a pair of Toms online and the colour I want is sold out in my size :(

Also, I really want a kiwi and I don't have any kiwis.

Waiting for a new phone to charge. It flies from 50-99% and then takes an eternity to reach 100% :mad:

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I want to buy a pair of Toms online and the colour I want is sold out in my size :(

I'm taking an edumacated guess?

http://www.toms.com/women

Toms, Cons, Vans*, I just don't know any more, everything is all brand names now, like "I like your dress, who are you wearing?" :(

I did laugh though when one of my friends sent me a message saying there's a strange van in her driveway, with a picture of a runner in her driveway, I thought "huh?". It was still stupid, even when she did spend ten minutes trying to explain the joke :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Eugh, spawn fruit that resembles a gorilla's nether regions :( Although technically all fruit is spawn I suppose.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Where are you getting them from? Could do with a new pair myself. :)

TA that I've got really bad period pain today. :( And that I forgot to get lots of stuff (esp. coffee!) when going grocery shopping yesterday, so I had to go again today during my lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Eugh, spawn fruit that resembles a gorilla's nether regions :( Although technically all fruit is spawn I suppose.... :D

And there was me thinking Lucyfur was expressing a preference for antipodean males when she said she wanted a Kiwi:eek:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And there was me thinking Lucyfur was expressing a preference for antipodean males when she said she wanted a Kiwi:eek:

That's who I was talking about... Were you guys talking about fruit? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Spotify free is still painful though with all the skipping and the shuffling and I could hardly find a decent song on it. I could listen to a single song on repeat for days! :o

You should create a playlist of all the songs you like and shuffle through that. That's what I do. :D

Trivial Annoyance - All week I've been passing a little bag of dog crap that's been left in the middle of the path. FFS why bag the crap, and then leave the bag there? >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,190 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    You should create a playlist of all the songs you like and shuffle through that. That's what I do. :D

Trivial Annoyance - All week I've been passing a little bag of dog crap that's been left in the middle of the path. FFS why bag the crap, and then leave the bag there? >_<

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Being a very average size when you're looking for sale stuff. Can the rest of the world kindly stop having size 6 feet? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This habit some people seem to have of sawing back-and-forth and/or creeping forward in little fits-and-starts towards the stop line when "stopped" at traffic lights. What is it with that? Seriously, just what in the actual haemorrhaging fcuk is wrong with you? Now hear this, this is the fella in the Jag a couple of cars back with the big grumpy head on him - when you stop at traffic lights, stop already! This kind of arsing about does not affect the light timing and does not help, it particularly does not help when you've arsed so far forward that you can no longer see the aforementioned lights, and do not therefore know that they have chenged and you're there like a langer delaying everyone anyway! GAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! :mad::mad::mad:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

Yes, WTF is that about, leaving bags of dog crap on the path! Charming!

I posted about this very topic as part of a rant about litter in general, in Ranting and Raving, earlier this week. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

wolfmoon87 wrote:
    Trivial Annoyance - All week I've been passing a little bag of dog crap that's been left in the middle of the path. FFS why bag the crap, and then leave the bag there? >_

Happens all the time in my estate, I think I've posted about it before as well. So annoying! Sometimes the bags are in the middle of the footpath and a few days later they are all flattened from people stepping on top of it.. blergh! It will stay there for all eternity then, nobody's ever going to try and peel that off!

Our local park, is very good when it comes to people scouping after their pooing dogs. Have seen a couple of people try to get away with leaving the poo there and someone shouts at them to 'remind' them what they need to do.
    But when you go out and walk the dun laoghaire pier you would be doing well not to thread in dog poo. It is everywhere on that pier.
    They even have free poo bags in little stands, but still poo everywhere.
    People bug the hell out of me sometimes.

• Advertisement

Giving things stupid names. In my day when people dieted it was known as dieting or watching your weight, now it's a 'weight loss journey', well fcuk me, you learn something new every day.

Giving things stupid names. In my day when people dieted it was known as dieting or watching your weight, now it's a 'weight loss journey', well fcuk me, you learn something new every day.

Yes, God be with the days when "enlightenment" was referred to as " a good kick up the hole":D

Slimming World.. and people constantly talking about it in work.

And in particular, the term "syns" - something particularly annoying it - not only what it represents (which in my mind is bunkum) but also just the sound of it and the context in which it is used :/

It really bugs me when people get arsy over something that was their own fault. When we came out of Lidl at lunch time there were 2 'aul wans and an aul fella stood right at the corner of the building gossiping away, refusing to budge an inch. Mr Pumpkinseeds was pushing the trolley(I can't be trusted to do it in case I ram some fcukwit):rolleyes:, anyways, we expected them to shift out of the way since we weren't going to walk on the road into oncoming traffic in the car park.

The aul fella stepped back into the path of the trolley, getting hit in the back of the legs and proceeds to get lippy about it, until I pointed out to him that it wasn't us that should be apologising. I mean ffs, he bloody saw us before he stepped out.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

The handbrake brakes on my car are nearing the end of their productive life - can't afford to get it fixed until payday. If you hear of a car rolling down a hill into the Slaney over the next week or so it'll be because I forgot that I can't park on a hill for the moment.

The handbrake brakes on my car are nearing the end of their productive life - can't afford to get it fixed until payday. If you hear of a car rolling down a hill into the Slaney over the next week or so it'll be because I forgot that I can't park on a hill for the moment.

Put the car in gear (if its a manual) and then turn off the engine and disengage the clutch - that should lock it into place.*

*a brick behind the back wheel will also help!

everlast75 wrote: »
    Put the car in gear (if its a manual) and then turn off the engine and disengage the clutch - that should lock it into place.*

And turn the wheels in towards the kerb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Anything to do with football at weddings. Really tacky imo! Fair enough some cufflinks with a crest on them, but Man U socks are a bit much, or a Man U themed cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Trying to import a cd onto iTunes but it won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

And don't forget that if the car is facing downhill, that gear should be reverse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And turn the wheels in towards the kerb.

Ah yeah - If I have to park on a slope I'll do these - but I just know there'll be some morning where I have the brainwave to dash in somewhere for a coffee to bring to work and will forget.

Griever931 wrote: »
    iTunes

FYP! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who nitpick at every little thing you say. Why do they always have to be right??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Being asked by every other member of staff if I'm "ok there" while waiting for food at a fast food place.

We had fun playing with bubble mixture in the park with my nieces today. Unfortunately our bubbles were providing a romantic setting for the teenage couple who were all over each other on one of the benches. She was straddling him! I couldn't help mumbling "Get a room..." when we passed them on the way out of the park.

TA that my car has a puncture.
    My luck is just rock bottom this week.

I need to retract this TA. The puncture fix was only 15euro which was a lot less than expected.
    Infact, I was trivially happy when I got the bill. Perhaps I should post that in the Trivially Happy thread.
    (Ha - as if!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It really bugs me when people get arsy over something that was their own fault. When we came out of Lidl at lunch time there were 2 'aul wans and an aul fella stood right at the corner of the building gossiping away, refusing to budge an inch. Mr Pumpkinseeds was pushing the trolley(I can't be trusted to do it in case I ram some fcukwit):rolleyes:, anyways, we expected them to shift out of the way since we weren't going to walk on the road into oncoming traffic in the car park.

The aul fella stepped back into the path of the trolley, getting hit in the back of the legs and proceeds to get lippy about it, until I pointed out to him that it wasn't us that should be apologising. I mean ffs, he bloody saw us before he stepped out.:mad:

I was queuing at the customer service desk, in the local supermarket recently. When it came to my turn, as I approached the cashier, a woman appeared from my right, she couldn't even pretend to have been in the queue, because she wasn't!
    I kept going, the cashier was also looking towards me, as she knew I was next. The queue barging woman said 'go ahead', as though she was doing me a favour.
    I thought 'too right I'm going ahead. I'm after queueing patiently, wait your turn, which will be after all the people queuing behind me'.

Also what is that thing of standing beside someone in a queue. I was in Dunnes today, waiting for a staff member to check on something for me. A woman said to me, is there a queue, I said yes, so she stood beside me. :confused:
    If t'was a friend or family member they wouldn't be standing as near to me as she was. I said 'I think that cashier will be free next', so she unglued herself from my side, and went to the other till. Phew.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The CD selection in Dealz. Lots and lot of pop rubbish that no-one into collecting CDs would buy.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Anything to do with football at weddings. Really tacky imo! Fair enough some cufflinks with a crest on them, but Man U socks are a bit much, or a Man U themed cake.

It could be worse, it could be a themed wedding. God, those are so tacky. Surely people must look back in later years and think 'what the fcuk were we thinking? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who go to the till, knowing full well that they don't have anything!! One woman was strolling up the isle to the till today, blocking it up for everyone, turns out she had sent her daughter for more shopping! Grrr get all of your shopping before you hold up the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

happy clappy, sunshine and flowers, sweetness and light kind of people. its an almost sickly sweetness about them, where they never get angry, impatient, swear, lose their temper, or argue. you're just waiting on them to completely lose their **** once in a while like a normal person. the fakeness of it would have you reaching for a bucket.

prudes who look down their nose at swearing and those who do. usually goes hand in hand with the above. its been said that swearing indicates honesty in people, more than those who don't. I think that's interesting to note. I was once told by a teacher that swearing is for people that cant express themselves properly, **** that, I think its perfectly natural and refreshing to throw out an f bomb when you see fit. it makes me feel at ease with the person knowing they don't have that snobby prejudice.I have a small bit of respect for those who can express themselves without effing and blinding, but lose it when they judge others for it.

when people have something trivial to tell me via phone, like some shopping that needs doing or a favour, I prefer a small, concise text explaining what it is instead of a yappy phonecall talking ****e when im trying to concentrate on something else, especially when im out walking in a crowded public town/village where the phones likely to be robbed if I keep it at my ear. that does happen quite often nowadays. I think part of it is the introvert in me preferring text over calls, but I digress.

when you ask people a yes or no question, just yes or no, and their answer is the equivalent of a dramatic monologue, without a yes or no in sight.

''can you do this for me'?'

''why do you want that done? im not sure its my place to do that, I might not have the time, why are you asking me?'' and on and on....

''do you want spring rolls and prawn crackers as well?''

''eh them crackers are full of fat, I might have a few, dunno. are those spring rolls vegetarian? they were horrible the last time. you better not eat them all. and on and on....

not being able to discuss negative aspects of minorities, or even minorities in general without cries of racism, especially when concerns about said minorities are perfectly valid. I don't think you can even use 'black people' in any context in a sentence anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement