Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

People referring to 'suicide survivors'.

Very commonly I see it.

But suicide by its nature is not something you survive.

You can be a survivor of attempted suicide. Or a survivor of bereavement by suicide.

But no, not a suicide survivor.

Google it and you'll find many references to it, and even organisations set up including the term 'suicide survivors' in its name, but still doesn't make the term correct.

Bugs me a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

When I click on something or press something and nothing happens. FFS

And (Not Responding) And left looking at a little green circle for an eternity! WTF?

Computers! Pain in the ****ln hole :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Waking up after 5 hours sleep and knowing that it will be another 20 before I get back to bed again. Tired thinking about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Why does stuff happen at weekends when GP's are shut? I thought I was getting bitten by midges but I don't think it is. I woke up with 7 hive like things on my arm, there must be about 20 of them on my arm over the past few days, and as I was putting antihistamine cream on them 2 more clusters appeared on my leg. Am getting slightly panicky that it's all on my right arm and leg and my throat hurts. Think I'm freaking Mr Pumpkinseeds out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

gammygils wrote: »
    When I click on something or press something and nothing happens. FFS

And (Not Responding) And left looking at a little green circle for an eternity! WTF?

Computers! Pain in the ****ln hole :mad:

Yeah! I always wondered why there isn't a button on the computer called 'Well fcuking respond then.'

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I couldn't help mumbling "Get a room..." when we passed them on the way out of the park.

That annoys me - passing remarks like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

That annoys me - passing remarks like that!

I did say I mumbled! I very much doubt they actually heard me. And they were pawing each other when there were children all around them.

It's April and I have a Christmas carol stuck in my head!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Organisations, phone lines, and other help freely available for people with suicidal tendencies but none for those with homicidal ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    It's April and I have a Christmas carol stuck in my head!

You think that's bad? I had April carols stuck in my head all through Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

people leaving their loud, aggressive dogs out in the garden where they can attack and harass passers by who they think are intruding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Waking up after 5 hours sleep and knowing that it will be another 20 before I get back to bed again. Tired thinking about it!
    You wake up out of bed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭theboy1

When desperate posters fall over themselves as they flock to thank a moderator when he locks a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Finding euroshopper 'burger bites' crisps in a shop (UK), realising how much you miss the long-forgotten burger bites from Ireland, which aren't available here, buying the fake burger bites, and then discovering they're a crap very poor imitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Stubborn people. I'm TA by pig-headedness.

When you peel hard boiled eggs, and half the white comes away with the shell. Very frustrating. On the other hand, a perfectly smooth egg where the shell comes off easily is very satisfying. The two balance out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

low cut t shirts that expose my chest acne

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

Probably been said, but girls who sit in the corner of nightclubs all nigh taking pics for social media t to look like theyre having fun. Not that I even want to get with em, but seeing it just takes me out of my party vibe and makes me question if this happinness is real .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Armchair horse experts once or twice a year.

"Any tips? I'll head down on my break."

Feeling viral.:( I feel fluey. My throat is really sore, I'm really achey and the spots on my right arm and leg are really itchy. I really want to sleep but I can't. Poor Mr Pumpkinseeds must be exhausted from me throwing myself around the bed last night, and not in a sexy way. Oh, I also stink of Vicks vapo rub. If I don't get some sleep I may go mad.

• Advertisement

Colinf1212 wrote: »
    Probably been said, but girls who sit in the corner of nightclubs all nigh taking pics for social media t to look like theyre having fun. Not that I even want to get with em, but seeing it just takes me out of my party vibe and makes me question if this happinness is real .

My 2 cents, for what it's worth, if someone is spending their time on a night out taking selfies of themselves 'having a great time', then they aren't having a great time. Also, I find people who take selfies narcisstic. The worst offenders are generally women close to or over 30, who are single and unattractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Thatllteachya

Short shorts being worn at the sight of the sun. Worst of all most of the people that wear them should NOT be wearing them due to the rolls of fat around their asses.

TA that at the wedding I was at yesterday the priest had to ask people not to 'engage in social media' during the ceremony. What planet are some people on?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When you peel hard boiled eggs, and half the white comes away with the shell. Very frustrating. On the other hand, a perfectly smooth egg where the shell comes off easily is very satisfying. The two balance out.

You need to try this method;

Constant noise - I'm going slightly mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who bet on pain and suffering. Had a good facebook clearout yesterday getting rid of them all. Oh and I deleted someone who invited me to play candy crush saga. An equally meritable reason for unfriending. There'll be nobody left....:rolleyes:

OH getting up for work at 06:00. Thinking, well I'll make her a coffee and be back in bed for 6:15 and sleep for another hour. Problem is she leaves at 06:45 or 07:00 if she is late. So, in the interim I find myself trivially annoyed by her foostering, hairdrying, asking me if I have seen stuff, talking to the dog etc.... I can feel my annoyance turn to anger and this makes it harder to sleep so that by the time she goes at 07:00 I am actually fuming and cannot go back to sleep. I might as well have fúcking got up at 06:00 and stayed up and at least done something productive.

Honestly sometimes I think it's a ridiculous concept for couples to share a bedroom. By all means have a fun sack but people really need their own space! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I completely ignore my husband in the morning before he leaves for work. He asks stupid questions, have you seen my shoes? And they're right beside him.

I don't even work, I just like sleeping :o

Worst question your OH can ask you is 'Are you asleep'.
    "NOT ANY MORE I AM NOT!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Herself gets up before me in the morning and has fierce trouble trying to convince me to get out of bed a while later, so thankfully her 'foostering' (what a word ONW) has no effect on me. :D

Not being able to get out of bed, now that's something that annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

When you go through a door and the person in front or behind you is just that awkward enough of a distance away to make holding the door open a weird experience

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Toast crumbs sticking to your breasts.

Cormac... wrote: »
    When you go through a door and the person in front or behind you is just that awkward enough of a distance away to make holding the door open a weird experience

...and when they are holding it for you from a distance and you have to do that little run of gratitude so you dont delay then even though they have made a choice to stand there and hold it :(

Herself gets up before me in the morning and has fierce trouble trying to convince me to get out of bed a while later, so thankfully her 'foostering' (what a word ONW) has no effect on me. :D

Not being able to get out of bed, now that's something that annoys me.

I need fooster blockers. I think they're on prescription now :pac:

When your coming through the arrivals door at any airport in a steady stream of people, and the people just stop right in front of you (while walking through a narrow doorway) to get their bearings, or stop to look for their loved ones!!

GET OUT OF THE FÚCKING WAY

• Advertisement

Colinf1212 wrote: »

Making that stupid "my lips are pouting and I am so surprised" face. Actually, they are next on my FB delete list. So that's people who bet on horses, people who invite me to play candy crush saga, people who post no campaign propaganda and now people who post trout pouts. There's nobody left except the OH and the mammy :P

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    There's nobody left except the OH and the mammy :P

and even mammy is skating on thin ice most of the time!!!

I have said it before and I will say it again....online shopping is great, but I have so much stuff en route to me now but none of it has actually been delivered yet.
    Am like a rabid dog waiting for the postman every morning.

I have said it before and I will say it again....online shopping is great, but I have so much stuff en route to me now but none of it has actually been delivered yet.
    Am like a rabid dog waiting for the postman every morning.

God only knows what has you so excited frothing at the mouth like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

eternal wrote: »
    Toast crumbs sticking to your breasts.

Can I rub them in with my asscheeks?

• Advertisement

Can I rub them in with my asscheeks?

Now you're just being rude.

Now you're just being rude.

Boooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,236 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

God only knows what has you so excited frothing at the mouth like that.

All in discreet brown packaging of course :D

Actually I've never ordered anything like that online, does it come in discreet brown packaging?

I don't know. Anyone? Anyone?

I'll be annoyed over that now for the day, not knowing. I know who I could ask, but she'd probably leave me over the other side of her desk with a slap :pac:

AI know who I could ask, but she'd probably leave me over the other side of her desk with a slap :pac:

Some people would pay good money for that slap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Co-worker is determined to talk about what happened on Britain's got talent at the weekend despite being told that I don't watch that shíte.

Actually I've never ordered anything like that online, does it come in discreet brown packaging?

I'll be annoyed over that now for the day, not knowing. I know who I could ask, but she'd probably leave me over the other side of her desk with a slap :pac:

What makes one person excited may be entirely different to what makes another excited. For me, it's lipstick, shoes and so on. I don't know what Trigger may be so enamoured with. As for discreet packaging, I would say, yes.

As for discreet packaging, I would say, yes.

never mind the discreet packaging, who are you sending the cheque to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Yes, but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: Started off this morning all fresh faced and bushy tailed, but just over 3 hours into the working week and I'm feeling draining and pining for the weekend already!

there's no excuse for badly folded newspapers

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement