Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People killing a shark because someone went into the sharks territory and got eaten.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    ...someone went into the sharks territory and got eaten.

Huh?

Their territory?

Huh?

Their territory?

Sorry should have said habitat. Someone went into their habitat and got eaten. And then they killed it. Oh no actually, they didnt even kill the right one, it was a different one.

Haaaaaaate this plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace :(

Sorry should have said habitat. Someone went into their habitat and got eaten. And then they killed it. Oh no actually, they didnt even kill the right one, it was a different one.

But I presume they kill the sharks to make a place more safe ie. they are not doing it for fun nor chasing them around oceans. It has some utility.

If there is a lose rabid dog hanging around, and kids want to play, I say kill the dog. Let's not get hung up about who is in whose habitat, just neutralise the danger.

But I presume they kill the sharks to make a place more safe ie. they are not doing it for fun nor chasing them around oceans. It has some utility.

If there is a lose rabid dog hanging around, and kids want to play, I say kill the dog. Let's not get hung up about who is in whose habitat, just neutralise the danger.

Swim in shark infested water - expect to get eaten.

I'm not hung up - are you?

Swim in shark infested water - expect to get eaten.

I'm not hung up - are you?

Get rid of shark, solve problem.

As for hung up, I think the title refers to "things that annoy". Much of a muchness imo.

Get rid of shark, solve problem.

As for hung up, I think the title refers to "things that annoy". Much of a muchness imo.

Yeah, because....there is only one :rolleyes:

I'm not interested in your verbal gymnastics. I'm still not "hung up". Perhaps you are :)

The person who just referred to their kid as "the bambino" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The way my mother engages weirdos on public transport. I get that she is not in town every day and she is friendly so when someone talks to her, she talks back but serioulsy. The space cake that nattered to us the whole way home yesterday was creepy. And I grew up with her telling me to be wary of strangers. Pffft

Yeah, because....there is only one :rolleyes:

I'm not interested in your verbal gymnastics. I'm still not "hung up". Perhaps you are :)

So you are confirming it annoys you, but you object to saying you are hung up about it....and you say that pointing out they are pretty much the same is "verbal gymnastics"!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Rabid dog in the neighbourhood is a bad example. Should we kill all the tigers in Africa because they are a danger to humans?

Rabid dog in the neighbourhood is a bad example. Should we kill all the tigers in Africa because they are a danger to humans?

I think you mean to respond to the poster who wrote "kill all sharks in the sea everywhere"!

I said if a shark is causing a problem, get rid of it. In much the same way if a tiger is posing a problem in some African village, get rid of it.

So you are confirming it annoys you, but you object to saying you are hung up about it....and you say that pointing out they are pretty much the same is "verbal gymnastics"!

:D

QED.

QED.

We fully agree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

sharkweek...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The f**king size of the adverts on Independent.ie for the likes of Super Valu etc, jesus, what an eyesore

whiskeyman wrote: »
    sharkweek...

Sharkgate. It's sharktastic.

We fully agree!

QED - that which was to be proved. Your last post about verbal gymastics was such a mouthful that it proved my initial point about your verbal gymnastics. I am glad you are in agreement with me :)

Cormac... wrote: »
    The f**king size of the adverts on Independent.ie for the likes of Super Valu etc, jesus, what an eyesore

And on the next page, Teso.... and on the next page, Lidl etc....

Is the price of food actually coming down??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It has just been brought to my attention that a local hotel is hosting a slimming club of some sort called "Flab U Less". Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go and kick someone in the head... :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    It has just been brought to my attention that a local hotel is hosting a slimming club of some sort called "Flab U Less". Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go and kick someone in the head... :pac:

Ah now, let's not be making fun of their "weight loss journeys" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I think that's brilliant! *Receives thunderous roundhouse to the temple...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Better than this, I suppose. :D

http://9gag.com/gag/4788309/tired-of-being-fat-ugly

QED - that which was to be proved. Your last post about verbal gymastics was such a mouthful that it proved my initial point about your verbal gymnastics. I am glad you are in agreement with me :)

Could you inject more of a shrill tone into all these posts about how not hung up you are. M'kay? ;)

Which reminds of another one, texts that consist of "k".

Could you inject more of a shrill tone into all these posts about how not hung up you are. M'kay? ;)

Which reminds of another one, texts that consist of "k".

lol.

TA the link is blocked for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Very casual racism. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

TA the link is blocked for me :(

It's an ad for a gym, that says 'tired of being fat and Ugly?' 'Just be ugly' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Sitting by the phone waiting for a call at 1pm... then checking the email and realising they've said 'I'll give you a call after 1pm Monday.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I have said it before and I will say it again....online shopping is great, but I have so much stuff en route to me now but none of it has actually been delivered yet.
    Am like a rabid dog waiting for the postman every morning.

I'm the exact same today. I ordered some really cute baby clothes and I want them NOW!! Baby isn't due til September.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

People who resurrect ancient threads on boards without looking at the date. Thank christ i'm not a mod or admin otherwise that ban hammer would swinging.

Itching to go out tonight and have some fun... but time is DRAGGING...

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I'm the exact same today. I ordered some really cute baby clothes and I want them NOW!! Baby isn't due til September.... :o

Its terrible. You start getting irrational. Call the post office. Check the tracking numbers...and then you contact the seller to 'check' that they really really did dispatch the item.

Its terrible. You start getting irrational. Call the post office. Check the tracking numbers...and then you contact the seller to 'check' that they really really did dispatch the item.

Take solace in the fact that eBay vendors do indeed occasionally for get to dispatch stuff, and Parcel Motel occasionally loses things, both of which happened to me recently in the same week. You're welcome! :D

Take solace in the fact that eBay vendors do indeed occasionally for get to dispatch stuff, and Parcel Motel occasionally loses things, both of which happened to me recently in the same week. You're welcome! :D

No, dont say that! Does constantly pressing F5 on the parcel tracker page help any?

TA'd that it is still Monday. Why is it still Monday? Why is it always Monday? Fifty fúcking Mondays in every month it seems :(

Sitting by the phone waiting for a call at 1pm... then checking the email and realising they've said 'I'll give you a call after 1pm Monday.'

Did you get your phonecall yet?

No, dont say that! Does constantly pressing F5 on the parcel tracker page help any?

I wouldn't think so. I find standing on the chimney with a telescope and a pretend-wooden-leg going "Aaaarrrrrrrhh!! Parcel-lubbers ahoy!" good. I'm not sure if it helps much, but it's therapeutic. :D

• Advertisement

Burning the top of your mouth on hot pizza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

My over weight boss who complains to me daily about how they cant lose weight. I just stand there awkwardly being a skinny minny and I know they hate me secretly for it!

Waiting on so many online clothes deliveries that I feel anxious all the time :D

When I get a missed call, phone person back ONE SECOND later and they don't answer? WHY?

Every member of the Kardashian family. And also people that LOVE them? WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYY??

Burning the top of your mouth on hot pizza

Or when a piece of cheese gets pulled off and falls down, scalding your chin with the hot sauce attached to the bottom of it.

DeltaWhite wrote: »
    I just stand there awkwardly being a skinny minny and I know they hate me secretly for it!

Be thankful it's secretly and not that general skinny shaming you get which cleverly disguises itself as "office banter".

"I don't know where you put all that big lunch" is ok whereas "Are you really going to eat that given how large you are" is not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Be thankful it's secretly and not that general skinny shaming you get which cleverly disguises itself as "office banter".

"I don't know where you put all that big lunch" is ok whereas "Are you really going to eat that given how large you are" is not

She is really mean :( she followed me around at the Christmas Party one year pulling my dress down, saying it was "too short" and that I was too skinny to wear it???? :(

I'm almost 30, I don't need to be mothered!!! She does hate me because of it, so as payback I just LOVE eating big massive slices of cake in front of her :D

"How do ye manage at dinner in your house? Has your husband a forklift permit?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Itching to go out tonight and have some fun... but time is DRAGGING...

People that can go out on a Monday (or any weekday night, really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Unattended children at a sporting event (usually a GAA match). Always, without fail, there is going to be one within the group that will fall and end up crying, heightening the annoyance of the neutrals around them whose enjoyment of the match has already been severely tested.

Trivially annoyed at people being trivially annoyed at people who go out on weeknights :D

Exchanging some scrabble tiles cos I've all constonants and I'm too restricted in what I can do... and you guessed it... returned tiles are all consonants too..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When someone beats you in connect 4 and you weren't focused enough to see it coming...

When people end sentences in a yoda esque style with words that
    should begin said sentence.

"locked up, he should be!"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement