Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When someone decides to bring in fish for lunch and heats it up in the microwave and the foul, noxious, putrid stench of fish permeates throughout the office.

Sneak their car keys, pop the bonnet and place a raw mackerel on the engine....give a couple of days and see how they like it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

beks101 wrote: »
    People in the gym who have no concept of personal space or etiquette.

Don't stare at fellow exercisers, don't try to have a 'race-off' with the person on the treadmill next to you, don't stand up their arse at the water cooler, don't try to engage in conversation when someone is very clearly trying to tune the world out and get in the zone.

Seriously, what's wrong with people?

Agree. And also don't plonk yourself at a locker right beside someone in the changing room who is trying to get dressed , when the place is half empty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

why on 'discussion' forums, so many people have to resort to being a smart cnut, in order to 'discuss'.

NOT a personal dig at anyone here.

Like the spelling and grammar police?? so what if I miss-spelt a word or didn't punctuate properly - im sure most people get the general meaning of the post - but there is always someone who has to correct your mistake and 'FYP'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Seeing as there have been a few gym related ones recently.
    Saw this yesterday and it trivially annoyed me.

In the changing room in work waiting for a shower after cycling in and a guy takes off his shoes, top, shorts etc down to his birthday suit, but the last thing he takes off is his...

socks.

Who takes off their socks last - weirdo - and removing socks while standing with nothing else on is not a pleasant look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Is today some sort of major pay day? I only ask as the fcukwits were out in force in the supermarket this morning. I lost track of the amount of trolleys left abandoned arseways in aisles while people browsed elsewhere or were having chats, that I had to move in order for us to get our trolley past them.:rolleyes: The queues at checkouts were ridiculous for a Thursday morning. Some woman raced us to our checkout and lost, I actually had to ask her to move her trolley back so I could pay for our shopping. Bitch seemed intent on parking it up my ass.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Is today some sort of major pay day? I only ask as the fcukwits were out in force in the supermarket this morning. I lost track of the amount of trolleys left abandoned arseways in aisles while people browsed elsewhere or were having chats, that I had to move in order for us to get our trolley past them.:rolleyes: The queues at checkouts were ridiculous for a Thursday morning. Some woman raced us to our checkout and lost, I actually had to ask her to move her trolley back so I could pay for our shopping. Bitch seemed intent on parking it up my ass.:mad:

I think it's mickey money day. "Pay" and the implication that there is some kind of earning phenomenon going on, might be stretching it :P

People who spend ALL DAY in their gardens. A neighbour of ours virtually lives in the garden in sunny weather. I'm not exaggerating this. The sun is on the back of our houses from lunchtime until sunset and he and a seemingly never ending supply of drop ins will be there until about 8pm. There is never a chance for us to sit in our garden and enjoy it in peace. To add insult to injury, they have their patio furniture right against the dividing wall, so we've fcuk all privacy at all and I've to put music on if I want to sit outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think it's mickey money day. "Pay" and the implication that there is some kind of earning phenomenon going on, might be stretching it :P

Wrong end of the month for MMD!

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Wrong end of the month for MMD!

Do they not get paid weekly?

Oh, I didn't realise mickey money was a reference to childrens allowance. I thought it was the dole :(

Apologies to any parents I may have offended! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Agree. And also don't plonk yourself at a locker right beside someone in the changing room who is trying to get dressed , when the place is half empty :(

Oh for sure! Are some people born with no sense at all of personal space. I could rant for Ireland on that subject.

This example was trivial, but anyway, I was walking out of a shopping centre yesterday evening, the doorways are wide enough that a car could be driven in, comfortably.
    Yet, a woman was so close behind me, that the bag she was carrying actually touched me. The place was really, really quiet. I thought when we would get out into the car park, she would surely manage to find a path of her own, i.e. not having to follow in my footsteps.
    No, she was still on my back. I stepped aside, to set her free into the big wide world, on her own. :rolleyes:
    She said something about the weather, and I agreed, then walked away, finally free. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Do they not get paid weekly?

Oh, I didn't realise mickey money was a reference to childrens allowance. I thought it was the dole :(

Apologies to any parents I may have offended! :(

In fairness though, it's been years since I heard anyone use the word 'mickey', but 'kebab money' just doesn't have the same ring to it :D

When you are on a tram or a bus and you are sitting on the inside seat. The outside seat is free for almost all of the journey....until some fúcker plonks down beside you just before your stop :(

In fairness though, it's been years since I heard anyone use the word 'mickey', but 'kebab money' just doesn't have the same ring to it :D

What. Is it because they use their mickey for procreating?

...scurries over to the "really obvious thing you have only just realised" thread....

I bent over to get a paper bag for bread in Lidl this morning and the stench of BO from the guy ahead of me was disgraceful. The wife was with him, you'd think she'd have a discreet word with him about personal hygiene. In the humidity it's easy enough to get a bit whiffy, but you assume your spouse would mention it to save you any public embarrassment.

If it's Dunnes, it might be the ten euro off fifty offer, or value club vouchers just issued. The Dunnes we sometimes go to is always mad when that is on.

When I see some people with trollies, in any supermarket, I often think, I hope you don't drive a car. T'is like taking your life in your hands, betimes.

And I won't even start on the drivers who seem to think it's a free for all in the car park.

I bent over to get a paper bag for bread in Lidl this morning and the stench of BO from the guy ahead of me was disgraceful. The wife was with him, you'd think she'd have a discreet word with him about personal hygiene. In the humidity it's easy enough to get a bit whiffy, but you assume your spouse would mention it to save you any public embarrassment.

It certainly is a downside of any bit of good weather. Not that they are any cleaner in winter time, probably, but there are definitely more stink people evident when the sun shines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

LynnGrace wrote: »
    It certainly is a downside of any bit of good weather. Not that they are any cleaner in winter time, probably, but there are definitely more stink people evident when the sun shines.

Yup... a colleague of mine doesn't change his shirt from one end of the week to the other regardless of the weather. As you can imagine, Fridays are fairly ripe in our office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Spotted a gorgeous girl at lunch, pretty, slim, lovely outfit and all completely let down by the fact that she could barely walk in her really high stilletos and ended up looking like a baby giraffe on rollerblades.

I've often had trouble trying to pass a slow moving stilleto wearer on the path as they veer around wildly.

I just couldn't be bothered. I love clothes and fashion as must as the next person but I could never imagine myself been bothered enough to wear something, especially to work, that inhibits my ability to get around quickly and painlessly.

I'm getting old, aren't I?!!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Yup... a colleague of mine doesn't change his shirt from one end of the week to the other regardless of the weather. As you can imagine, Fridays are fairly ripe in our office.

Imagine what his jocks are like:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Reminds me of that joke about the woman who went into her doctor about her husband and the doctor asked her for... "samples", so she handed the doctor a pair of her husbands underpants :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They have probably just become a part of him at this stage.

The guy that sits beside me in work, he's one of these guys that drinks protein shakes and has something to eat every 1 hour....nothing wrong with that.
    My main gripe is when he is eating his porridge in the morning. It's exactly like Woody Harrelson in Kingpin. Some day while he is eating I'm going to ask him if he wants some supplemental income.

I try not to think about his nether regions at all! :eek:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They have probably just become a part of him at this stage.

The guy that sits beside me in work, he's one of these guys that drinks protein shakes and has something to eat every 1 hour....nothing wrong with that.
    My main gripe is when he is eating his porridge in the morning. It's exactly like Woody Harrelson in Kingpin. Some day while he is eating I'm going to ask him if he wants some supplemental income.

Please do! :D

Aglomerado wrote: »

Why, just why...
    I know the type alright. Thankfully, haven't endured them in recent years.
    At least, if it's on a bus, or in a shop, I know I will be away from them, in a relatively short time. How do the basics of hygiene pass some people completely by :eek:

Why, just why...
    I know the type alright. Thankfully, haven't endured them in recent years.
    At least, if it's on a bus, or in a shop, I know I will be away from them, in a relatively short time. How do the basics of hygiene pass some people completely by :eek:

I flatshared with a guy many years ago who only showered once a week as he didn't want to 'overwash' this guy played football so would be at training and come home in his football gear and just get changed into his trackies for the eve then - he went running in the evenings aswell but still no shower - Friday night was the magic night where he washed!! :(

messrs wrote: »
    I flatshared with a guy many years ago who only showered once a week as he didn't want to 'overwash' this guy played football so would be at training and come home in his football gear and just get changed into his trackies for the eve then - he went running in the evenings aswell but still no shower - Friday night was the magic night where he washed!! :(

I hope you didn't have to flat share for long :( That is just vile.
    Ugh. I've never had smelly flat/ housemates, but have had the odd smelly colleague along the way.

Ugh. I've never had smelly flat/ housemates, but have had the odd smelly colleague along the way.

about 6 months in total - he was just a law unto him self , luckily he was the only smelly flatmate I had :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

messrs wrote: »

That's mank. I shower twice a day when I'm running / cycling. Wouldn't inflict that on myself, nevermind anyone else!

That's mank. I shower twice a day when I'm running / cycling. Wouldn't inflict that on myself, nevermind anyone else!

Don't start the shower debate again! Does anyone here remember that? :P

• Advertisement

I had a smelly housemate back when I lived in Limerick and was studying in UL.

She worked part time in McDonalds while studying in LIT and her (seldom washed) clothes stank of the place. Her hair was lank and greasy from the job and whenever she left her bedroom door open it smelled like something had died in there.

I seem to be a magnet for smelly people as I have met many, many more. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Don't start the shower debate again! Does anyone here remember that? :P

I loved that thread and they closed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Went off to the vending machine for a five minute work break looking forward to a really cold bottle of coke.:rolleyes:
    Money in the slot - delighted with myself that I had the correct change.:D
    Pressed c7 - Here it comes!!!!:eek:
    *Click* - Bottle stuck half out :mad:
    I almost cried! :(
    If there hadn't been others in the canteen at the time, I would have given it an almighty kick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

There a woman who sits near me at work, and in the afternoon she will start humming what I could only describe as some sort of lullaby or hymn - really low and barely audible, but once I realise she's doing its all I can hear and it gets incredibly annoying

Waiting to cross the road earlier and some bint was standing hammering away on the pedestrian crossing button. You only need to press those things once! Pressing them repeatedly does not make the green man appear sooner. She must have hit it 50 times non stop while we were standing there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

TA that I work with a load of Sieve Heads. The type that would be on the phone to someone for 10/15 mins hang up resolve a separate issue and when asked did they speak to such and such on the phone about such and such they can't give an answer. You were just talking to them on the phone for 20 ****ing Minutes!!!!!

This happens everyday with the same people not just on phones but on everything, Maybe Ive no paitence but lack of awareness, not knowing what you've just done 50 mins previous is frustrating to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

eternal wrote: »
    I loved that thread and they closed it.

Any link to it?

I'm sick of stories on social media describing how some random mother begs other people, mostly strangers on social media to come to her kid's birthday party, all because the kids classmates don't want to go. When did this sh(te become an acceptable thing? So the kid isn't popular, for whatever reason. People really need to have some self-respect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Pubs/cafés in Dublin located at a street corner with a sign outside on the pavement blocking pedestrians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

major bill wrote: »
    Any link to it?
    Thank me after you have been disgusted :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057351880

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Madame_Diem

Really hate being on a train with someone who is on their mobile phone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Really hate being on a train with someone who is on their mobile phone.

Muck savages occupying all the seats before the train reaches civilization.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Stupid cnuts getting on a jammed Luas wearing backpacks/rucksacks. Slamming it off everyone. Taking up the space of two people. And they're usually not alone. Doors open at a later stop and they stand there, looking out at the people trying to get on, with a kind of "I'm as surprised as you that there's no room. Morning commuters eh?" look on they're faces. They make that half added pretence of looking around to see if anyone, not them, could make more room.

Thank god I'm only on public transport once a week.

I'm sick of stories on social media describing how some random mother begs other people, mostly strangers on social media to come to her kid's birthday party, all because the kids classmates don't want to go. When did this sh(te become an acceptable thing? So the kid isn't popular, for whatever reason. People really need to have some self-respect.

Jesus. That's fcuked up. Why not take the kid out for a special day with just the family?

...'tis far from birthday parties we were raised!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I got to know a delivery guy because I bought so much stuff online. He was at my door 3 times a week. He called today and asked would I take a parcel for my neighbour across the road because she wasn't answering the door. The lady is deaf and her husband normally answers it, but he was hit by a car and is in hospital.

I took the parcel and signed for it, having a chat with the delivery driver. Then he drove off and I read the address, it's for number 27 in the estate down the road with a similar name to my one. So now I have to go for a walk later to deliver a parcel to a stranger. I'm so glad I looked at the address before I went to yer wan across the road, she would have thought I was nuts. In future I'll check it before I accept it
    Idiot :o

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

The cashier at my local Centra will start serving the next person before you've had the chance to pick up your good. She'll reach across above your head to get the good from the next person to scan. I find it a bit rude.

grundie wrote: »
    The cashier at my local Centra will start serving the next person before you've had the chance to pick up your good. She'll reach across above your head to get the good from the next person to scan. I find it a bit rude.

Absolutely. I hate that, and will always wait until I have my change put back in etc before moving. It's equally annoying when you find you are the person behind and the cashier starts saying, "next" or beckoning you on while the person in front is still trying to get their stuff together. I usually just smile and say, "yeah, just waiting for this lady/man to finish"...quite pointedly :) Can we not afford to give people an extra two seconds? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

When I'm doing my shopping and a deranged lunatic comes running at me screaming and waving a butcher's knife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When I'm doing my shopping and a deranged lunatic comes running at me screaming and waving a butcher's knife.

That would prob get me a little more that 'Trivially annoyed' tbh! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

People who drunkenly post a passive aggressive rant on Facebook, attacking people, making snide little comments that are unfair and unfounded, just because they like to create a little drama for themselves. The only thing they'll achieve is total self-alienation.

Sounds like a great place to shop.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement