Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

kfallon wrote: »
    That would prob get me a little more that 'Trivially annoyed' tbh! :P

A useful rule-of-thumb is, anything ideally requiring .45 ACP to deal with adequately is a little beyond Trivial! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The high pitched, somewhat nasal quality that men's voices take on as they approach the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The high pitched, somewhat nasal quality that men's voices take on as they approach the grave.

:D cant say I have noticed that.....do you mean as we get older, or when we are actually getting ready to kick the bucket?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    :D cant say I have noticed that.....do you mean as we get older, or when we are actually getting ready to kick the bucket?

Kind of in the late seventies stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

When you bin your winter boots and then winter decides to come back. :mad:

Hint: Let go of his balls! :D

This is more than trivially annoying - after all these monts I STILL CAN'T EAT KEBAB!!!!! I don't remember which one of you funny feckers it was, I'm suspecting jimgoose, eisenberg or Boom_Bap but "thanks very much"! I'll probably be off it for life.

czechlin wrote: »
    This is more than trivially annoying - after all these monts I STILL CAN'T EAT KEBAB!!!!! I don't remember which one of you funny feckers it was, I'm suspecting jimgoose, eisenberg or Boom_Bap but "thanks very much"! I'll probably be off it for life.

Ah don't be like that, kebab is great. Just find a good meaty one with plenty of mayonnaise oozing out of it. :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ah don't be like that, kebab is great. Just find a good meaty one with plenty of mayonnaise oozing out of it. :D

I knew it had to be you. *waves fist*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Pheww, I have a couple of years left so:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Jesus. That's fcuked up. Why not take the kid out for a special day with just the family?

...'tis far from birthday parties we were raised!!

In fairness it's usually Americans that are doing that crap. Why can't people just accept that their kids not popular and arrange something else. Literally they're having a pity party.

Women who put on a fake, little girl, twee, giggly laugh for men. It bugs me no end and should be a hanging offence. Grow the fcuk up already.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Women who put on a fake, little girl, twee, giggly laugh for men. It bugs me no end and should be a hanging offence. Grow the fcuk up already.:mad:

I'm more of a snort and howl kind of girl :o
    czechlin wrote: »

:eek: What did they say??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I'm more of a snort and howl kind of girl :o

:eek: What did they say??

Sometimes a simile "...like a badly packed kebab" is used to describe a certain anatomical feature. :D

The awkward squirmy feeling when someone fancies you and you don't fancy them back.

People asking, "going somewhere nice?" - I'd hardly bother with the nightmare of stilettos for somewhere not nice.

The slowing of time between 17:00 and 17:30

"Male" problems when males are not around - such as airlocks in taps and showers, engine light flashing orange for no apparent reason, something that needs nailing or screwing to something else, flat tyres, oil tank dipping etc.

• Advertisement

...such as airlocks in taps and showers...
    Sounds like what plumbers call Water-Hammer. Can be caused by a worn stop-valve in the tank in the attic.
    ...engine light flashing orange for no apparent reason...
    Rapid flashing? Probably a cat-damaging misfire, usually caused by a faulty coil. Get it seen to.
    ...something that needs nailing or screwing to something else.
    <HONK!> :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Sounds like what plumbers call Water-Hammer. Can be caused by a worn stop-valve in the tank in the attic.

Rapid flashing? Probably a cat-damaging misfire, usually caused by a faulty coil. Get it seen to.

<HONK!> :D

So a trip to the attic is required? er....... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

People that buy crap cuts of meat when they're shopping, wtf, do you even look at it before you buy it!!!!!!!!

So a trip to the attic is required? er....... :(

Yes. You're going to need a couple of 32mm spanners and the wherewithal to turn off the water main. Or else a plumber's phone number. I'd recommend the latter, it mightn't be a stop-valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

People who spend ALL DAY in their gardens. A neighbour of ours virtually lives in the garden in sunny weather. I'm not exaggerating this. The sun is on the back of our houses from lunchtime until sunset and he and a seemingly never ending supply of drop ins will be there until about 8pm. There is never a chance for us to sit in our garden and enjoy it in peace. To add insult to injury, they have their patio furniture right against the dividing wall, so we've fcuk all privacy at all and I've to put music on if I want to sit outside.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

People who say "bye" on the phone as many times as they can before the other person hangs up - very irritating.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Wanting to go for a picnic on the beach (been threatening to do it for ages now) and now I hear the weather's on the turn.

Opening a bag of crisps to find they're stale. Realising they're stale 'cos there's a small hole at the bottom of the bag.

Soda water going flat after only being open two days.

Wanting to make a curry and after chopping and preparing everything, realising you have no rice or naan bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

someone leaving skid marks down the staff toilet bowl in work today, have they no shame????? I wouldn't mind but the staff today were all female bar me, totally ruins the women don't poo ideal :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

EmptyTree wrote: »
    People who say "bye" on the phone as many times as they can before the other person hangs up - very irritating.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Robsweezie wrote: »
    someone leaving skid marks down the staff toilet bowl in work today, have they no shame????? I wouldn't mind but the staff today were all female bar me, totally ruins the women don't poo ideal :(

HA har

They'll think it's you since you're the only bloke in Ron :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Why is it that when you're hanging out washing you always have ONE peg too few? No matter how much or how little stuff you have to hang out, you are always just one peg too short and end up having to make that last sock share a peg (so the top of it it doesn't dry completely!) :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I went to the cinema last night and there was a group of boys and their dad sitting next to me. They brought their own snacks, rustly bags of crisps, and all seemed to have the sniffles and no tissues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

JanaMay wrote: »
    Why is it that when you're hanging out washing you always have ONE peg too few? No matter how much or how little stuff you have to hang out, you are always just one peg too short and end up having to make that last sock share a peg (so the top of it it doesn't dry completely!) :mad:

TA: When you have to ask yourself "Huh? Do people still hang out clothes? Of course they do you idiot!" :pac:

It's just been so long since I remember helping my mother to hang out clothes on the washing line. I was only a child at the time. Ever since I moved out of home at 16, I've just always brought my clothes and other laundry to the laundrette :o

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

TA: When you have to ask yourself "Huh? Do people still hang out clothes? Of course they do you idiot!" :pac:

It's just been so long since I remember helping my mother to hang out clothes on the washing line. I was only a child at the time. Ever since I moved out of home at 16, I've just always brought my clothes and other laundry to the laundrette :o

Ah there's nothing like a line of freshly-washed and air-dried clothes! Have a dryer but haven't used it in years. It also helps that I live in a country with hot weather so don't have to keep an eye out for rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Too little sleep, it's starting to seriously annoy me now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

TA 1 : that my college are having open day during study week thus reducing study space. Why??
    TA 2: Parents of small children (less than 10yo) bringing them to college open days, Im guessing they're actually meant to be aimed at school leaving age? These small children then being let loose and leaving trails of crumbs behind them.
    TA 3: students from another college using the already limited study space. I cannot get a place to study but there are six gobdaws from anther college sitting beside me having tea before going back to the classrooms they're studying in.

I didn't realise how different the weather would be yesterday so I wore light clothes. Now I can feel my bronchitis coming back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

When people are explaining something and use the word.... basically
    They start off saying 'well basically'
    I don't know why it annoys me, but it does.
    Listening to radio at moment and both people on it keep using the word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who say tenderhooks. What they mean is tenterhooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The way they keep saying "In Studio" on Irish radio & TV - joining me today "in studio" is . . .

Dates is another thing; Appearing at the gaiety for five nights from April seven, onwards :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Quazzie wrote: »

Yes! This! Thank you, couldn't think what the ad was for went I was posting here.

Annoys me no end!

That ad for Today FM. Fcuks sake, what an irritating ad.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The Fianna Fail love in, and the fact that they're all over the radio and TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm currently trying to install a game onto my hard-drive from a brand spanking new disc I only bought last week.
    For some reason, my E drive isn't picking up the disc and as a result, it's not reading. I've tried Googling " DVD Drive not working" but all I could make sense of was looking for a big red X in the Device Manager. So far, everything appears shipshape. This computer is only about 3 years old and I take good care of it so I don't understand why my drive is acting glitchy.
    I just want to play Fallout 3. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

That ad for Today FM. Fcuks sake, what an irritating ad.

It has made me not want to tune into the station anymore, as strange as that sounds. The joke that it is "not meant to make sense and be so bizarre it is funny" does not work in the slightest. A badly misjudged attempt at promotion for a station in decline.

Thinking I had X amount of money in my account, but having waaay less :o

Having cots and changing tables and drawers and all sorts to build. Grim

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Thinking I had X amount of money in my account, but having waaay less :o

Having cots and changing tables and drawers and all sorts to build. Grim

Ah, the joy of flat pack assembly. Have you stocked up on booze to counter the stress? :D

Ah, the joy of flat pack assembly. Have you stocked up on booze to counter the stress? :D

My husband has....I can't have any :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Trying not to cry at happy moments on the TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

If it annoys me it's very important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Them Aldi/Lidl ads: have you taken the Aldi challenge? Followed by some family declaring that they can't tell the difference, and in fact in some cases, found the Aldi food better!

Well I've tried on a few occasions, and found the food to be quite inferior. Maybe they do get some good quality fresh food in, but I'd say 95% of what they get is quite $hite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

how annoyingly hard shredded wheat is to eat. sloppy as **** and milk splashes , bitesize all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When certain food items go from being good for you, to bad for you, to good for you again.

Take rice cakes.

Always hailed as the dieter's dream, they're now apparently woefully bad for you.

And fruit juice. Cartons claims they're part of your 5 a day, but if you drink juice, even the "Not from Concentrate" variety, it's now apparently not good for you.

Vegetables are good for you>Boiling vegetables is not good. Steaming's better.

Drinking wine is good for your heart >Drinking wine increases your risk of cancer.

Eating brown bread is good for you> Eating brown bread is as bad as eating white. Make your own bread.

Drinking diet drinks are good for you as they're sugar-free/caffeine free, etc> Drinking diet drinks is bad for you as it increases your longing for sugar and you'll end up eating more.

Switch to sweetener/sugar-free varieties of food to cut out sugar from your diet> Sweeteners cause cancer, especially aspartame.

Switch to low-fat butters and spreads to reduce your cholesterol> Butter is now better as it's natural.

You get the picture.
    When will this bullsh*t end?
    What's good and what's not?
    Who knows!

Tomorrow, fried breakfasts could be the answer to all our obesity problems and kale will be the cause of heart attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Having no ice cubes in the house :(

Fcukwit and friends next door woke us at 4.30 coming back wasted. Listening to some young wan traipsing up and down the stairs in heels makes me wish she'd take a fricking tumble down the stairs. It's 10.30 and they're still fricking going strong. Not drink or they'd have passed out by now. Fricking 30 years old or as near as damn it, so they're old enough to grow the fcuk up and stop acting like teenagers.:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement