Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    What

Got some bad news for you!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0430/697799-bus-strike/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Tomorrow bus strike. Playing havoc with my social life.

My annoyance has been the lack of coverage it's been getting! And the first article I saw in days started with "bus strike should not go ahead". It then goes on with a statement from the minister saying this but it's still happening. I'm not sure if it was misleading or im too tired to comprehend anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

fussyonion wrote: »
    Irish supermarkets being so slow to get new products in-store.
    I saw an ad about two months ago for this new Cadbury Puddles bar.
    I've been looking every week in a few shops for it and nobody has even HEARD of it, let alone stock it.
    I reckon we'll have it around Christmas time.
    If I went to the UK, I bet they'd have it.

I saw this bar in Dunnes Stores in Clondalkin last Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Jaysus, just heard Eileen Dunne there now, and it really does sound wrong! 'Ne-pal-ese' she said, rather than 'Ne-paul-ese"... reminds me of that whole 'onvelope', or 'an otel' :rolleyes:

Ne-paul-ese, that's fierce posh altogether !! I've never heard it pronounced that way.
    It annoys me that I get such a slagging for saying "onvelope". I'm the least posh person you could meet, and I actually don't have a clue why I pronounce it like that, just always have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Having a stuffy nose. One nostril is always worse than the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

fussyonion wrote:
    Irish supermarkets being so slow to get new products in-store. I saw an ad about two months ago for this new Cadbury Puddles bar. I've been looking every week in a few shops for it and nobody has even HEARD of it, let alone stock it. I reckon we'll have it around Christmas time. If I went to the UK, I bet they'd have it.

I got one in dunnes the other day, the hazelnut one. Found it a bit disappointing tbh. They had a mint one too.

TA that I'm wearing a white top today and spilled coffee on it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Trying to find a dog park! I won't let my dogs off the lead anywhere except a dog park but I'm not seeing any close by :(

Idiots who let their dogs off the lead and they jump up on me or my son, annoy my dogs etc. There's a sign up saying they must be kept on a lead you imbeciles!!

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Trying to find a dog park! I won't let my dogs off the lead anywhere except a dog park but I'm not seeing any close by :(

Idiots who let their dogs off the lead and they jump up on me or my son, annoy my dogs etc. There's a sign up saying they must be kept on a lead you imbeciles!!

I don't have a dog, but there is a dog section of our local park where the dogs can run free. Love going there and watching other peoples dogs.
    TA that I don't have a dog!

I don't have a dog, but there is a dog section of our local park where the dogs can run free. Love going there and watching other peoples dogs.
    TA that I don't have a dog!

I have 7 if you want one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Samsung mobile battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Wreckless MotorCyclists that drive up your hole

Nothing more Dangerous on the road than an Impatient prick on Motorbike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Knackers with modified cars pumping tunes parking in disabled parking spaces with no card. Screaming and shouting at each other while their miniature sprogs waddle around the outskirts of the car looking to get squashed. Jesus Wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Wanting to make a post about something.

Doing a search to see if it has already been discussed before, to avoid people moaning at you for starting a thread that already exists.

Finding thread has already been started.

Posting in it.

Thread instantly closed because it's old.

Can't win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Aidric wrote: »
    Samsung mobile battery life.

Let it drain all the way until it powers itself off. Then plug it in and don't switch it on until it's finished charging completely. Depending on what's wrong with it, you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ordering a cuppa and a toasted hang & cheese sanger in a cafe/pub and not being asked if you want them together, or if you want the tea first. Drives me fcukin demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the ''I told you so'' type of people who lord it over others when proven right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My boyfriend blew the engine of my car :( I'm so sad, it was my first car and I loved it. :(

Let it drain all the way until it powers itself off. Then plug it in and don't switch it on until it's finished charging completely. Depending on what's wrong with it, you might be pleasantly surprised.

After draining the battery you should remove it from the phone for 3 mins. This resets the battery calibration file and can help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

KatW4 wrote: »
    My boyfriend blew the engine of my car :( I'm so sad, it was my first car and I loved it. :(

Ahh now, that's a bit more than just trivial :(

I think the worst I ever heard was when I lent a guy a laptop (think he was doing a college assignment or something), and he handed it back to me with a cracked screen. He didn't seem to care a whole lot and then he goes "well you shouldn't have lent it to me in the first place then, should you?"...

If ever there was a time I wanted to kick someone up the hole so badly, that was it! :mad:

TA: Playing lift roulette this morning when the lift still goes up and down, but you never know what floor it's gonna land on. I wanted to go to the fifth floor, took me ages, and then I didn't want to get out because I thought "it'll go to the right floor this time"...

Eventually had to get out and take the stairs. Hate stairs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

People who can't articulate their argument beyond "it's an absolute disgrace".

Aidric wrote: »
    People who can't articulate their argument beyond "it's an absolute disgrace".

Worse is when they put 'Joe' at the end of that sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Saw two elderly women (like the scene in Fr Ted) earlier this week, at lunch, 'I'm getting this, no I'm getting this, no here, take the money from me'...

Next woman to arrive told the endlessly patient girl, (who had just dealt with Mrs Doyle and her friend), that she really wanted a dinner, but she would have a sandwich, and this monologue went on for quite some time.

Staff there deserve a pay rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Those pedestrian partitions they erect when roadworks are being carried out so that there is essentially one line of people walking one direction and another line walking the other direction. Usually when you are rushing for a bus too, and there is some slow fúcker waddling along at the top dictating the pace for everyone. Can't pass them because of pedestrians walking the other way. My God the fúcking frustration. Yesterday I actually nearly shouted out, "can you move it along up there at the front" :(

TA that I had to drive to work today instead of taking the bus, and some guy in a van apparently thought it his duty to intimidate me by driving up my backside when he saw the L plates :( Ended up stopping at lights on a hill. Lights changed. Into first. Handbrake down.

... Idiot behind immediately regrets driving so close when my car starts to roll back :D He kept his distance after that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Getting into work a little late after a 7am 2 hour driving lesson, absolutely bursting for the jacks, only to find out that the cleaners are in the ground floor ones and you have to go up three floors to get to a working one.

• Advertisement

No plasters in the first aid box, and then one of the girls pulls a kids plaster out of her purse as if I'm supposed to go around with a Disney characters plaster or something on my finger all day?

Oh, the humanity... :pac:

Worst thing it's on my knuckle so the damn plaster won't stay on :rolleyes:

Ahh now, that's a bit more than just trivial 

Yeah it was more than trivial. On a happier note, he is getting the engine replaced woohoo.

Also cheek of that guy not caring about the crack on your laptop. Can't stand people like that, if you did it to their property there would be war!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Rachel Allen now has a range of tiles

Roight Proice Toiles perhaps.......will need a little bish of groush.

All my french students wrote "you will miss me" on their thank you cards for the families they stayed with. That's what they get for not listening :(

I did have a good laugh at them to be fair but still, it's not good for a grammar nazi like me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

All my french students wrote "you will miss me" on their thank you cards for the families they stayed with. That's what they get for not listening :(

HA! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Those big panels they have in Dublin Airport Terminal 1 immediately as you walk out in the arrivals hall, blocking most of the view for those arriving, and the people there waiting to meet people!

BECAUSE THATS WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS, CONFUSE PEOPLE THAT LITTLE BIT MORE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

All my french students wrote "you will miss me" on their thank you cards for the families they stayed with.!

Typical rude French people, telling people what feelings they should have.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I did have a good laugh at them to be fair but still, it's not good for a grammar nazi like me!

Probably a direct translation from the French "Tu me manques" which looks like "You will miss me" but actually means "I will miss you"!

I also found it confusing the other way around when I was learning French!

...Pedant hat off...

Anyway: Back to annoyances; I've a bit of a dodgy tummy today and need to go to the toilet a lot. I hate going #2 at work because I get stage fright... spent 20 minutes in there waiting for a gaggle of vapid women colleagues to finish up talking about dresses, bags, shoes, etc for a wedding one of them has coming up. By the sound of things, she had brought the dress into work and was modelling it for her friends in the toilets!

... dear god, the screeching!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Anyway: Back to annoyances; I've a bit of a dodgy tummy today and need to go to the toilet a lot. I hate going #2 at work because I get stage fright... spent 20 minutes in there waiting for a gaggle of vapid women colleagues to finish up talking about dresses, bags, shoes, etc for a wedding one of them has coming up. By the sound of things, she had brought the dress into work and was modelling it for her friends in the toilets!

... dear god, the screeching!

I am going to assume that you are female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Being hungover. It was our wedding anniversary yesterday and a shocking amount of booze was consumed. I'm not used to it and I've got shakey hands today.:(

I am going to assume that you are female.

Of course!

Just not the type that squeals over handbags. :D

I'm a craft beer, hurling and literature kind of girl. :D

I am out tonight at a works do and already annoyed that I will have a hangover tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Getting home after a hard day's work, strapping on your uilleann pipes to play a few tunes, only to find that your bag deflates immediately with the slightest bit of pressure, and upon investigation discovering that the valve on your blowpipe tenon that normally prevents backflow of air towards the bellows has broken off completely.

Getting home after a hard day's work, strapping on your uilleann pipes to play a few tunes, only to find that your bag deflates immediately with the slightest bit of pressure, and upon investigation discovering that the valve on your blowpipe tenon that normally prevents backflow of air towards the bellows has broken off completely.

I ma struggling not to read euphenisms into this :D

..he he. pipes. :D

• Advertisement

I shouldn't tell you then about the supplies I bought for both cleaning and oiling my flute recently.

Somehow I feel it's important to point out that you're talking about a musical instrument, before anyone else gets the wrong impression :D

That said, I'd hate to be your neighbour! :pac:

EDIT: Fcukers are on the ball this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When I was eating really well I lost hardly any weight. After a week or two of eating a wheelbarrow-load of sweet, beautiful chocolate I lost 4 pounds. I'm befuddled.

Somehow I feel it's important to point out that you're talking about a musical instrument, before anyone else gets the wrong impression :D

Common misconception - the uilleann pipes are nowhere near as loud as their Scottish highland cousins. My chanter is no louder than an average fiddle. Tee hee. Fiddle.

We have an overnight stay in the hotel we got married in for our anniversary. Can't be used Friday or Saturday, so my husband has a Monday off this month so we tried the Sunday before, no rooms available. He can't take the day off just to stay in the hotel :( grim

Not me! I love uileann pipes. And the Galician version, the gaita.

3 more hours to home time. I put in 11 hours at work yesterday and I feel like I never went home. I'm exhausted!!
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

New products that are hardly new or inventive.
    Take these new McVitie's Deli Choc biscuits.
    I bought a pack the other day thinking they'd be something different, but they're not.
    They're just biscuits coated in chocolate.
    And they're gritty.

Getting a toastie in the local deli. Ham cheese and mustard please.
    I did not watch him as he made it. As I was eating it I discovered that he lashed on the mustard like it was mayonnaise.....the mouth is burning off me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »
    thinking they'd be something different, but they're not.
    They're just biscuits coated in chocolate.
    And they're gritty.

They just find cheaper ways to make them and rebrand them as new or rustic or some other buzz word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This new "thing" of people hassling folk on twitter trying to get them to help surprise their fiance/fiancee for a wedding video, or trying to get a certain singer to appear at the wedding.
    One fella I've seen is hoping they record a video and send it onto him themselves.

Also the Nespresso ad with Clooney swapping his shoes, if the ad were chocolate it would eat itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement