Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

fussyonion wrote: »
    New products that are hardly new or inventive.
    Take these new McVitie's Deli Choc biscuits.
    I bought a pack the other day thinking they'd be something different, but they're not.
    They're just biscuits coated in chocolate.
    And they're gritty.

I tried the Oasis vegetable soup in my local last week. I pointed out to a staff member that is actually the same as normal vegetable soup . she replied "No, it's not, you got a roll with it":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Aglomerado wrote:
    Probably a direct translation from the French "Tu me manques" which looks like "You will miss me" but actually means "I will miss you"!

Haha I know, they explained it to me. The cursing out of them when they realised! Still super funny.

I'm TA'd about how attached I got to them. They leave tonight and I just know I'll cry a bit saying goodbye. They've only been here for 2 weeks. What is wrong with me!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Rachel Allen now has a range of tiles

Roight Proice Toiles perhaps.......will need a little bish of groush.

That ****ing ad, I feel like kicking the radio when I hear her.

I am outside, on my personal phone, on my time and still
    people come up and insist on asking questions. Nothing urgent, usually some inane,
    pointless sh1t.

"Are Mick and Paddy here?"

I am standing alone, speaking on a phone...where the fcuk do you thing they could be hiding?

Then you excuse yourself from your call, hang up so you can talk to this idiot, and what do they do?

"Ah its ok, I think they are over the other side, I will ring Mick, you go back to your call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

10 degrees in May

The mass illness and general foul humour that goes with it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I smoked on a night out recently. I was off them for 4 months. I'm so annoyed with myself. I didn't even enjoy smoking that night; the drink and cigarette combination made me sick as a dog. I now know I NEVER want to smoke again. Bleugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I smoked on a night out recently. I was off them for 4 months. I'm so annoyed with myself. I didn't even enjoy smoking that night; the drink and cigarette combination made me sick as a dog. I now know I NEVER want to smoke again. Bleugh!

Don't beat yourself up too much over one slip. I've been off them at least 6 years now and had the very occasional slip and had one on a night out - the important thing is not to say "Ah crap, I messed up, might as well just keep smoking"! :) Giving up the fags is pretty much the best thing you can do for yourself in terms of well-being and your bank balance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Rosie Rant wrote: »

I gave up a the start of the year and have been good so far. But nights out are the worst. I just spend the evenings dying for a smoke. But know that if I 'borrow' one from someone I will be up buying a pack and all that follows....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I gave up a the start of the year and have been good so far. But nights out are the worst. I just spend the evenings dying for a smoke. But know that if I 'borrow' one from someone I will be up buying a pack and all that follows....

Hang in there. Around 6 months was the big turning point for me where things like nights out stopped being a bit of a struggle without the smokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,231 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Last few posts have reminded me, I need to seriously look into getting one of those e-cigarettes, they're the dogs bollocks apparently from anyone I've talked to, but I've managed to avoid them so far :p

Truth be told I've just been lazy about it, and they look weird, and having tried one, it's like smoking a pipe, just can't get into it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Last few posts have reminded me, I need to seriously look into getting one of those e-cigarettes, they're the dogs bollocks apparently from anyone I've talked to, but I've managed to avoid them so far :p

Truth be told I've just been lazy about it, and they look weird, and having tried one, it's like smoking a pipe, just can't get into it :confused:

I genuinely couldn't recommend them more highly. Save you a small fortune and you'll feel better for it. Just get yourself a decent one and not one of the poor efforts that they stock in news agents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cleaning a garlic crusher.
    Jesus, it must be the most awkward thing to clean thoroughly. Bloody hate it.
    Wish I was rich enough to just throw 'em away when I'm finished using them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That ad with Katie Taylor. She sounds lobotomised, wtf:confused: That being said, the other women in the ad are also cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

That ad with Katie Taylor. She sounds lobotomised, wtf:confused: That being said, the other women in the ad are also cringeworthy.

Seems to be a sports thing, could never understand why sports people speak in monotone! Very annoying

lolo62 wrote: »
    Seems to be a sports thing, could never understand why sports people speak in monotone! Very annoying

I think it's just a thing where some people just can, not, act. They just aren't natural actors. The whole cast of Fair City is a good example :D

Except Niamh. I like Niamh... mmm, Niamh :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I only realised the mapmywalk app existed recently at physio. Oh God I think I'm going to become obsessed! I found myself getting annoyed coming up behind anyone walking slower, and really annoyed at having to stop to cross a road. I nearly slipped on my arse several times on the wet footpaths in my quest to make the quickest mins/km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Nooo! The lesser of two evils. You won't "free yourself from the the chains of addiction" that way.

Try Allen Carr's book "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" first. You'll probably find it in the library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Nooo! The lesser of two evils. You won't "free yourself from the the chains of addiction" that way.

Try Allen Carr's book "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" first. You'll probably find it in the library.

Someone tell me that I'm not the only one who read this and still continued smoking???

My TA is that I've no good book to read tonight, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I had an online assessment for a job but never heard back about an interview which is a shame. Also I went to a meeting with an employment officer a while back to help find work, help with cv things like that but was no help at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Just came across the most hideous dress I've ever seen in my life, on donedeal. It includes a headpiece and a neckpiece!

What's annoying me though, is that they've called it a regout! Haven't heard that word in years, thought only women over the age of 70 said it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

If I pull the headphones out of my laptop one more time I will scream, JESUS F**KING CHRIST!!

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Just came across the most hideous dress I've ever seen in my life, on donedeal. It includes a headpiece and a neckpiece!

What's annoying me though, is that they've called it a regout! Haven't heard that word in years, thought only women over the age of 70 said it.

A regout?

I have heard of a rig out. I am not an aul wan over 70:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

PandaPoo wrote:

Just looked it up.. yikes!

Never heard the word regout before.

miezekatze wrote:
    Just looked it up.. yikes!

I'm TA'd that I can't find the hideous dress :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm TA'd that I can't find the hideous dress :(

Sweet baby Jesus! That dress should come with a warning! :pac:

EDIT: Best remove that link, just to be on the safe side... :o

Sweet baby Jesus! That dress should come with a warning! 

My eyes!!!! Why would someone want to wear that?

Why did I not think of googling it? My brain is mush today :(

My eyes!!!! Why would someone want to wear that?

Why did I not think of googling it? My brain is mush today :(

It's the second pic that really shows up the beauty of it. Would love to know how much she's selling it for, someone email her!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding wouldn't get a look in.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    It's the second pic that really shows up the beauty of it. Would love to know how much she's selling it for, someone email her!!!!

The expression "You couldn't give that away", comes to mind.

It looks like someone threw eggs at her in the club or something, at least I hope it was only eggs and they didn't throw up on her! :eek:

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A regout?

I have heard of a rig out. I am not an aul wan over 70:D

Yeah, heard of it....doubt you'd actually use it in a sentence!

Just said goodbye to my French students. I'm annoyed that some of them forgot their manners and didn't say goodbye :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Eek! That dress IS pretty atrocious. Did she make it herself?

TA : I accidentally bit the side of my tongue hard while sneezing. How?!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

My neighbours starting their building work at half eight this morning.

I had a late night last, so I'm slightly tired :(

Does anyone else think this is very early for a weekend? zzzzzz

Having an early night but tossing and turning for most of the night and feeling more tired than before I went to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Am I wrong? Maybe I'm the one with the problem

I go to League of Ireland football every Friday night and I was getting a pre match pizza in Apache Drumcondra. The guy started to take my order than cut me off to answer the phone. I was at the counter before the phone rang so I'm the customer you deal with.

Later I went back up to get a plastic fork, he was heading to get it but then left me waiting for a few minutes because the phone rang and he took the order. Again, I was there before the phone rang!

I get that he is busy, I don't think it's right though

• Advertisement

The cost of going to the vet. 7 dogs is bloody expensive :(

And again in two weeks, and two weeks after that! Lucky they're so cute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My TA is that:

I had my hour long cycle at 9am. Came home, showered & changed; had a coffee and it's almost 12noon and I've still not yet warmed up after my cycle :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Had to contend with this scenario this morning. 6 people ie. 2 grandparents a daughter and 3 grandchildren who ALL stand at the till while the daughter pays for 4 items. The grand mother then produces VOUCHERS for some of the daughters items. They then have aCHAT with the cashier who they know well. Meanwhile the rest of us just wish to get out the door as quickly as possible.

Had to contend with this scenario this morning. 6 people ie. 2 grandparents a daughter and 3 grandchildren who ALL stand at the till while the daughter pays for 4 items. The grand mother then produces VOUCHERS for some of the daughters items. They then have aCHAT with the cashier who they know well. Meanwhile the rest of us just wish to get out the door as quickly as possible.

Sounds like the Waltons doing the weekly shopping :pac:

Queue jumpers. We were in Dunnes this morning and as we reached the checkout a woman jumped in ahead of us. I was fairly sure that she was skipping the queue but since she clearly knew the woman that was ahead of us, who was on crutches, we assumed they were together. She went out of her way to make it seem as though they were together. When I clicked that they weren't I pointed out to her that it was a very handy way for her to jump the queue. She apologised but I said 'yeah, sure you are'. Fcuking queue jumping should be a hanging offence.

• Advertisement

Playstation. I want to go and get dinner but the bf is glued to the bloody thing. I shouldn't complain as he only plays every now and then but I hate the stupid thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Playstation. I want to go and get dinner but the bf is glued to the bloody thing. I shouldn't complain as he only plays every now and then but I hate the stupid thing!

Can't you see the man is busy. Go get dinner and bring some back for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When my playstation died I was convinced that Mrs Happy had made it die on purpose.

Schwiiing wrote:
    Can't you see the man is busy. Go get dinner and bring some back for him.

Ha! I'm not his maid!

When my playstation died I was convinced that Mrs Happy had made it die on purpose.

If she's like me, she'll threaten it but wouldn't ever do it!

I bought him a PS4 last year so it's my own fault. Cursing myself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The new Cadbury ad with the women playing the spoons!!

Ok, so they hit gold a (good) few years ago now with the gorilla ad, but just stop already with trying to replicate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 thecamcam

windows 8 phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

The rapid changes in temperatures, which result in me getting tonsillitis. Again. Which also cause a chain reaction of TAs: I don't like taking antibiotics but I've no choice here => the size of them! I'd need to be a catfish to swallow them comfortably! Having the heating on in May. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

czechlin wrote: »
    The rapid changes in temperatures, which result in me getting tonsillitis. Again. Which also cause a chain reaction of TAs: I don't like taking antibiotics but I've no choice here => the size of them! I'd need to be a catfish to swallow them comfortably! Having the heating on in May. :mad:
    Oh no sorry to hear it ..get better! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭MrMojoRising

Not being able to see the clock on the microwave as its displaying the last few seconds of what was in there before

Bin being full

Posters who describe their kids as DD, LO etc. Does my head in

Emails confirming I've unsubscribed

Being given a massive receipt when I've just bought a bottle of water or a pack of gum

Lightbulbs blowing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement