Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Bad weather. I am going stir crazy here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think it's mickey money day. "Pay" and the implication that there is some kind of earning phenomenon going on, might be stretching it :P

Saint Michaels day. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Pepper (my kitten) woke me at 5am by pouncing on my leg. Now I'm so tired! I love her but let me sleep! Calm down Pepper!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

KatW4 wrote: »
    Pepper (my kitten) woke me at 5am by pouncing on my leg. Now I'm so tired! I love her but let me sleep! Calm down Pepper!!!
    So lucky ...go take a nap with her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

LadyAthame wrote: »
    Oh no sorry to hear it ..get better! :o

Oh thank you. First time I feel a bit more human in days :)

czechlin wrote: »
    Oh thank you. First time I feel a bit more human in days :)
    Glad to hear it :-)

Bad weather. I am going stir crazy here!

I need to retract this. Turned out to be fine day all together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA can't find the After Hours joke thread and when I search the search doesn't have a bloody clue. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I need to retract this. Turned out to be fine day all together!

Lucky! We have thunder here :( Great weather for a night out later grrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,231 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

TA can't find the After Hours joke thread and when I search the search doesn't have a bloody clue. :confused:

This one?

Best joke ye ever heard..Read first post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thats the one, cheers :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There seems to be a new media format every 2 years,
    eg now 4k tv is on the way, there,s new hd video formats ,like ultrahd ,
    SO everyone has a hd tv now ,
    so we are expected to buy 4k tvs,
    even though there,s very little content in 4k .
    eg There will be new blue ray players that play a higher than blue ray resolution type video format.
    IT,S like the music industry ,got everyone to buy all their music again on cds .
    I think this is just a scam .
    Even the new consoles ,ps4,xbox 1, don,t play videogames in 1080p.
    I think most people are very happy with the channels we have now and the 20 channels broadcast in hd .
    And maybe netflix in 720p ,non hd mode .

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

Nerdy women in TV shows or movies are in fact attractive women (usually significantly above average) that have been given bad hair, glasses and terrible clothing that nobody would ever wear in real life.

I don't know why this annoys me, but it does. I feel cheated somehow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That 'Ah boll1x, what have I done' feeling when you realise you have just engaged in conversation with a lunatic. For example, today in the park asking the lady with the dog hat, dog jumper, doggie treat bag and 3 dogs if it's OK if my kids give the dogs a rub.
    I had to listen to the full history of each dog, be showed each trick, discussion on weather......but I suppose it was worth it because she let the kids give her dogs some treats and eventually she just walked off mid conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Over-eating. I cooked a huge roast dinner and now I feel all horribly bloated.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When your behind someone pulling into a motorway with a limit of 100-120, and their toddling along doing 50-60 going down the ramp, about to join into a lane where people are averaging 110!!

Annoyed that my four year old won't eat carrots. And they were lovely carrots.

When I see a posters name and I can't SAY it, like shshshsiey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

People that wait to cross 2 lanes of traffic on a bend, with 2 small kids, when there is a pedestrian crossing a stones throw away.

Knowing that when I wake up in the morning, that I will feel awful because I drank far too much tonight :(

• Advertisement

When I really want to laze in bed for the day but have too many things to do and need to get up and do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Opening credits in a film that go on for almost 10 minutes. Christopher Nolan films have none of that.
    The slow motion McDonald's ads where the people make faces at the different tastes. Yer wan at the end takes a bite out of 1 chip. Who takes a bite out of 1 McDonald's chip? Ye'd be shoveling them in 5 at a time.

Waking up grumpy, for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Waking up grumpy, for no reason.

I'm in absolutely foul humour today, but it is that time of the month.
    I just can't snap out of it and I've already made my other half leave the house by telling him to eff off.
    I feel bad but I can't control my mood.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm in absolutely foul humour today, but it is that time of the month.
    I just can't snap out of it and I've already made my other half leave the house by telling him to eff off.
    I feel bad but I can't control my mood.

That sucks.:( Have you got any nibbles in the house? I find chocolate/ice cream or crisps helps make everything better. Feel better soon.:)

Annoying that the long weekend is over, no more public holidays for ages and I am not ready for going back to work.
    Definitely in a glass half empty mood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Annoying that the long weekend is over, no more public holidays for ages and I am not ready for going back to work.
    Definitely in a glass half empty mood!

Bank Holiday in June not that far away

major bill wrote: »
    Bank Holiday in June not that far away

4 long long weeks! 19 work days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

That sucks.:( Have you got any nibbles in the house? I find chocolate/ice cream or crisps helps make everything better. Feel better soon.:)

Thanks.
    We had no nibbles but when the other half returned home, I apologised and we went off for a drive up through Glencree, then he stopped off at a shop and came back to the car with chocolate and crisps.
    He must have heard you, Pumpkin!
    Feeling better now :)

fussyonion wrote: »
    Thanks.
    We had no nibbles but when the other half returned home, I apologised and we went off for a drive up through Glencree, then he stopped off at a shop and came back to the car with chocolate and crisps.
    He must have heard you, Pumpkin!
    Feeling better now :)

I think they learn the art of survival living with us, they never know whether they're coming home to Mrs Jekyl or Mrs Hyde.:D

• Advertisement

I think they learn the art of survival living with us, they never know whether they're coming home to Mrs Jekyl or Mrs Hyde.:D

We have secret stashes of goodies in the car....so are always prepared for any situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Trying to get a physical copy of a bank statement from Permanent TSB is like looking for hen's teeth in a haystack. I put in 3 seperate requests for a full one as I need proof of incomings/outgoings to secure a loan in the local credit union. Yet, when I politely enquired about getting a list of all my transactions for the last month, the guy in the bank directed me to call up the customer care line where I spent an hour on hold only to get through to some 'wan with the tiniest, whispering voice. (I wear hearing aids and it's difficult listening to the phone at the best of times) Somehow managed to put a request in.
    So, a week passes by. I get a letter from the bank. It's a form telling me about my usual quarterly charges- not really useful in the grand scheme of things.
    Went back to the bank to tell them (as politely as I could muster) that I need a physical paper statement showing transactions for the last month. They come back with "Oh, but you have Online Banking! Sure, you can always just download and print off one if needed."
    My printer doesn't work, hence the need for a statement so I can get a loan to buy a new one.
    Urgh. It's just laughable at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Hangovers. In particular the one I have today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Insert cash or touch.
    Pay with card.

arrrgh ... no.

It should be 'insert cash or touch pay with card' not 'insert cash or touch.' ... 'pay with card'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Lionel bloody Ritchie :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Lying on your bed at night, falling asleep, but you haven't done your teeth or got out of your clothes, etc, yet. Urgh.

The Snooker. Was hoping for a quick end to it...but it is looking like a long night. I cant stop watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

NCT tomorrow..cant find the log book..Why do I always leave everything til the last minute :mad:

Colser wrote: »
    NCT tomorrow..cant find the log book..Why do I always leave everything til the last minute :mad:

TA that mine is due soon too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Nct - you can produce the log book again, they will test you without it and if sticky withhold the cert if you pass until they see it.
    Can't find the cert now? Don't stress about it, go anyway.
    Would anyone seriously have the balls to NCT a stolen car?
    Why do they want to see it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The Snooker. Was hoping for a quick end to it...but it is looking like a long night. I cant stop watching!
    You can go to bed now.:D
    TA Too lazy to get off the couch and go to bed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Today's TA is the question of why, in the run-up to the elections in the UK, anyone gives a flying furball what Russell Brand thinks. The guy's a perennial space cadet with scrambled eggs for brains and the attention span of a chihuahua, but apparently his opinion matters. (Not that Ireland can gloat ... I still haven't figured out what a "Twink" is.)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

TA that mine is due soon too!

TA that mine was on Tuesday and failed on emissions. While sorting it for retest on Friday, the oil pump fell apart and destroyed my engine. I'm car less now :( bloody NCT!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

When you click play on an embedded video on some news website and the default volume is set to its MAXIMUM.

This leads to frantically trying to pull ones earphones out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

bnt wrote: »
    (Not that Ireland can gloat ... I still haven't figured out what a "Twink" is.)

a solitary adult experience involving one (or both for the risky) sections of a twix bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

TOYOTA YARIS

FFS! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when my parents who haven't facebook accounts ask to see a video my brother posted on facebook. through my account, so basically ive to leave my account open for them to watch the video and potentially nosy round my profile, while I nervously pace around waiting on the video to finish up. usually when they ask to see family pics on facebook I just save them to pictures file on homepage to look at their leisure but videos wont save...

aaaand they take aaaages to look through photos, meaning ive to wait longer hence the aforementioned saving pics on the desktop to access anytime. I just hate leaving my FB open to anyone. they always click random **** and ask whats this who's that etc.

Colser wrote: »

My car did it's NCT in November and I never brought (or was asked to bring) the log book.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They will just say 'bring it next time' in relation to the log book.

I had that dreaded NCT fear on Saturday, that moment when you are looking through the window and you see the inspector chap taking a lot longer at inspecting one wheel than the other 3, or where he reverses back to a station that he has tested on already to redo the test.

But my tank passed :)

I am annoyed with traffic on Saturday that I was cutting it fine making it to the test center, I didn't get a chance to stop for some drive thru for the waiting room

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They will just say 'bring it next time' in relation to the log book.

I had that dreaded NCT fear on Saturday, that moment when you are looking through the window and you see the inspector chap taking a lot longer at inspecting one wheel than the other 3, or where he reverses back to a station that he has tested on already to redo the test.

But my tank passed :)

I am annoyed with traffic on Saturday that I was cutting it fine making it to the test center, I didn't get a chance to stop for some drive thru for the waiting room

They couldn't make those waiting rooms any worse places to be even if they were showing on a loop your car model going through it's Euro NCAP test crashes in super slow motion!!
    But on the other hand, you get to see every aspect of human emotion in the space of a few minutes in those places!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement