Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Robsweezie wrote: »
    when my parents who haven't facebook accounts ask to see a video my brother posted on facebook. through my account, so basically ive to leave my account open for them to watch the video and potentially nosy round my profile, while I nervously pace around waiting on the video to finish up. usually when they ask to see family pics on facebook I just save them to pictures file on homepage to look at their leisure but videos wont save...

aaaand they take aaaages to look through photos, meaning ive to wait longer hence the aforementioned saving pics on the desktop to access anytime. I just hate leaving my FB open to anyone. they always click random **** and ask whats this who's that etc.

Can you create them an account and add them as friend to you and your bro?
    Prob solved ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

A bit of rain brings the M50 to a halt. My work commute - normally 20 mins- takes 1 hours instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

A bit of rain brings the M50 to a halt. My work commute - normally 20 mins- takes 1 hours instead.

Higher viscosity rain?

worded wrote: »
    Higher viscosity rain?

Higher density drivers probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

the stink a takeaway leaves in the room the next morning if you don't clean up afterwards..

uurrrghh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

whiskeyman wrote: »
    the stink a takeaway leaves in the room the next morning if you don't clean up afterwards..

uurrrghh!

Oh yeah, especially chipper bags.
    It's the same if you eat chips in the car, too.
    The stale smell of vinegar is vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My skin seems to have decided to go into insanity mode with two and a half weeks to go to my wedding. Grrrrrr. Fúck off oil and spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »

but oh so worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Were you going north bound? there was a multi car crash at blanch about 7ish and even though it was eventually cleared it took the traffic a long time to get back to normal, few people coming to here from south side were over a hour later than they would normally be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I legged it out of the house, and down the road with my 3yr old to play school, running late as usual. We get there to find the school shut. How in the name of God did this information pass me by? With my eyes half shut with tiredness, the lack of cars driving down into the school didn't dawn on me, until we were halfway down into the school, and looking at the shut gates. Cue 3yr old wailing for her teachers:(. I hid her bag under the buggy and walked nonchalantly home again. Now I have to bring her out to the shops with me, waaaahhh....

• Advertisement

messrs wrote: »
    Were you going north bound? there was a multi car crash at blanch about 7ish and even though it was eventually cleared it took the traffic a long time to get back to normal, few people coming to here from south side were over a hour later than they would normally be

Ah! Yes, I was north bound. The signs were just saying 'delays to N4'...and when we saw no crash we assumed it was just weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

fussyonion wrote: »

My eldest had the car one night and decided to eat Chinese in it with her friends. It smelt like something had died in there for days after :(

Ah! Yes, I was north bound. The signs were just saying 'delays to N4'...and when we saw no crash we assumed it was just weather!

I was stuck in it to, heard on radio on 8am news that the cars involved had all moved to the hard shoulder but even when that happens it still takes ages to clear and get moving again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

You know those movie posters where the cast is lined up from left to right but the billing above their names does not correspond to the that line up?

That annoys me.

An example

http://theramblernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/AMERICAN-HUSTLE-poster-1024x768.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That 'Ah boll1x, what have I done' feeling when you realise you have just engaged in conversation with a lunatic. For example, today in the park asking the lady with the dog hat, dog jumper, doggie treat bag and 3 dogs if it's OK if my kids give the dogs a rub.
    I had to listen to the full history of each dog, be showed each trick, discussion on weather......but I suppose it was worth it because she let the kids give her dogs some treats and eventually she just walked off mid conversation.

I fear I will be this woman in the not too distant future!!

Delighted with myself for resisting the urge to buy a scone this morning and have now gone and undone it all by horsing into a load of Recee's Peanut Butter Cups that someone has brought in

My daughter had surgery 6 weeks ago and we got good news that it was successful and she just needs to be monitored for the moment.

Lots of people in work know what we have been going through and have been very nice and supportive, but by JAYSUS, if I have to tellthe whole story about how last week's checkup went again I may end up killing myself or the nearest person to me.

I must have been asked by five different people now and I pity the poor people around me having to listen to it all again, with me throwing in the same lame jokes in the same place etc. I am trivially annoying myself!

This is a hard one to explain but do you know when you meet someone, usually a friend of a friend, and you instantly hit it off and the banter is great and you get on like a house on fire, and then suddenely as the day/night progresses for no apparent reason it all just gets a bit awkward and the banter dries up and everything feels uncomfortable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Sitting in work with wet socks and trouser legs. :( should have worn boots today.

• Advertisement

miezekatze wrote: »
    Sitting in work with wet socks and trouser legs. :( should have worn boots today.

The disabled loo at our work is where I go when I get wet like that. There is a hand dryer in the loo so you can stip off and dry the clothes in there if you need to.
    Also a very nice place to go for a wee sleep if you are hungover!

Note: There are no disabled people in our workplace so it is ok to use the loo for these personal emergencies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

a solitary adult experience involving one (or both for the risky) sections of a twix bar.

I am going out on a limb here, purely for scientific reasons...But is this "exercise" for men or women? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Dramas that seem too unrealistic. I started to watch The C Word the other night but when I saw her dad sitting in on the consultancy I just thought it was ridiculous. I might be wrong and her dad may very well have attended appointments with her but I can't for imagine for a second my dad being in a room discussing my breasts, with anyone, for any reason. The man would be mortified. As well as that I couldn't help wondering if she needed her parents as well as her husband at the consultation. All in all it just seemed like a load of horse s h i t so I turned it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Dramas that seem too unrealistic. I started to watch The C Word the other night but when I saw her dad sitting in on the consultancy I just thought it was ridiculous. I might be wrong and her dad may very well have attended appointments with her but I can't for imagine for a second my dad being in a room discussing my breasts, with anyone, for any reason. The man would be mortified. As well as that I couldn't help wondering if she needed her parents as well as her husband at the consultation. All in all it just seemed like a load of horse s h i t so I turned it off.

I watched this aswell and found the whole thing extremely depressing.
    I know cancer is not a pleasant joyous occasion..of course not...but watching it with a member of my family who has been directly affected by cancer, I found it so upsetting.

I even asked my relative why he was watching this knowing what he's been through.
    He said he was watching it because it just came on (he'd been watching the programme before it), and he agreed it was depressing.

We watched til the end and found ourselves feeling very down after it.

I understand my opinion won't be the same as everyone else's and others will say "That's what cancer is about", but this programme didn't (for me anyway) show any light or hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,231 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Vel wrote: »
    My daughter had surgery 6 weeks ago and we got good news that it was successful and she just needs to be monitored for the moment.

Lots of people in work know what we have been going through and have been very nice and supportive, but by JAYSUS, if I have to tellthe whole story about how last week's checkup went again I may end up killing myself or the nearest person to me.

I must have been asked by five different people now and I pity the poor people around me having to listen to it all again, with me throwing in the same lame jokes in the same place etc. I am trivially annoying myself!

Great to hear your daughter doing well Vel*, I know myself there's only so many times you can explain to people what a "click hip" is that wasn't detected at birth, and eventually the self-depreciation about "getting my leg over", well, that just gets a bit "eesh!" after a while too! :pac:

*I can't be serious for a minute, can I? Soon as I said "well Vel", oh look - it rhymes! :rolleyes: It's time to take a good long hard look at yourself, when you're your own pain in the ass! :(

Boots website is really pissing me off. I lost my loyalty card months ago and ordered a replacement card twice over the past 3 months but neither has been sent. I just tried to email them and they're telling me that my surname needs to be between 1 and 30 characters long, it fricking is between that many characters long, wtf:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

1: I hiccupped so many times yesterday that my ribs are hurting today. At least I think that's why they're hurting! With my crock of a body it could be anything. :p

2: I turned on the electric shower and the motor is running but there's no water coming out. The water pressure in the taps isn't great so either there's air in the pipes or the water is going. I want to get clean!

3: Today's weather is confusing. Wet, dry, gloomy, bright, cold,warm - f*cking pick something and stick to it!

4. On the CVs I handed out I said how thorough I am - I only just realised I forgot a comma.

Not on this thread, buy you know sometimes when you're arguing with another poster and you really just want to say 'ah just fcuk off? or words to that effect, but you can't. :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Boots website is really pissing me off.

I know, I was trying to check if an item was in stock in Portlaoise.

On entering the name it came back with 'Port Leix' and bizarrely 'Maryborough' a former name for the town that is gone since the foundation of the State!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Compo culture in this country. When shopping the other day, a woman was slightly hit in the back of her leg by her kid with a trolley, he barely touched her. She went flying on the floor, screaming.. then noticed it was her kid that had hit her rather than a randomer she could have sued, and got up again. It was so obvious what went on in her mind. Absolutely disgusting.

Car pooling. Its not a good idea. Small talk after a long days work is not my thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Interviews with Nordies on the news. Some lad shot up there today, and every interviewee says 'sitcy-achun' and 'communiddy' in every single sentence.
    Is it on the curriculum when you they go to school? Why do all of them say those two words so much?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Interviews with Nordies on the news. Some lad shot up there today, and every interviewee says 'sitcy-achun' and 'communiddy' in every singles sentence.
    Is it on the curriculum when you they to school? Why do all of them say those two words so much?

+1 and 'wee' truly grates on my nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Customers complaining at work. Its not my fault you don't like your salad, I'm the waitress, I didn't make it. Then to write into work complaining about it and me as a waitress.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who ask questions the whole way through a programme or film even though they claim to hate it. Shut up and let me enjoy my crappy tv programmes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

People that stand and hold conversations in.the middle of a corridor, stand to the side you edjits.

Pedantic pats.

Not on this thread, buy you know sometimes when you're arguing with another poster and you really just want to say 'ah just fcuk off? or words to that effect, but you can't. :(:D

Can we make up a word then that means that and only we on this thread know ?:P like remember in friends when Ross used to make both hands into fists and clap them together, that was his way of giving the middle finger without getting in trouble;):D

When people deliver those 'catalogues' to your house and then knock on the door a week later looking for it back!!
    They get all arsey when I tell them I'm not aware of it and if they did indeed put it through my letterbox it is most likely now residing in my green bin.

If it's not addressed to me or the OH, it's considered junk, and is treated as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Interviews with Nordies on the news. Some lad shot up there today, and every interviewee says 'sitcy-achun' and 'communiddy' in every single sentence.
    Is it on the curriculum when you they go to school? Why do all of them say those two words so much?
    +1 and 'wee' truly grates on my nerves.

Did the story involve "a mon bringin sax wee wains tee school":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Looking forward to pizza hut potato wedges topped with bacon and cheese, and them arriving and the toppings being really hard, and them being all pretty tasteless. Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Some absolute cnut hacked my email account today and sent malicious emails to everyone on my address list. If my brother hadn't flagged it by ringing me up and informing me of a rogue email with a dodgy link in it, I'd be completely unawares. Had to change my password and implement a 2 step authorization protocol. Pain in the ass, sure but I'm seething.
    Why do people do this?! :mad: Managed to rescue my account but it remains to be seen if the fcukers try anything else.

Also: Dear McAfree Virus Scanner. Please stop popping up and telling me to scan every five seconds! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

McChubbin wrote: »
    Some absolute cnut hacked my email account today and sent malicious emails to everyone on my address list. If my brother hadn't flagged it by ringing me up and informing me of a rogue email with a dodgy link in it, I'd be completely unawares. Had to change my password and implement a 2 step authorization protocol. Pain in the ass, sure but I'm seething.
    Why do people do this?! :mad: Managed to rescue my account but it remains to be seen if the fcukers try anything else.

Also: Dear McAfree Virus Scanner. Please stop popping up and telling me to scan every five seconds! :mad:

My student email with all my grades, exam dates and assignments handed in was hacked a few days ago, also managed to rescue it but my details were sent to some fella from abroad who gave away the whole thing by wishing me good luck in my exams :o Complete pain in the ass, and I can only hope it doesn't contain my bank details from paying my fees etc. :( :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Celebrities and how obnoxiously out of touch with reality they can be.

McChubbin wrote: »

happened me before as well and didn't know anything about it until my brothers friend sent me a message asking me why I was sending him links to a porn site!! so like you had to change my password aswell , didn't know about the 2 step authorization thing though, must check that out - pain in the ass I know but if it works its worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Going to a really expensive steak restaurant, asking for your fillet to be cooked medium....and getting it well done

I said it to the waiter, we both wanted medium and we both got a grey steak. He just shrugged basically. Won't be going back there again :(

On the luas this morning:
    - someone listened to the radio at a ridiculous volume. It was also one of those shows where someone just talks for most of the time, interrupted by ad breaks.
    - sniffly people that wouldn't use a tissue
    - someone near me farted.

miezekatze wrote: »
    On the luas this morning:
    - someone listened to the radio at a ridiculous volume. It was also one of those shows where someone just talks for most of the time, interrupted by ad breaks.
    - sniffly people that wouldn't use a tissue
    - someone near me farted.

Eugh. If I had to use public transport daily I would likley have gone postal by now. :(

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Celebrities and how obnoxiously out of touch with reality they can be.

As bad as that is, I just watched Harriet Harman, a senior member of the Labour party, ask the Sky news presenter who was interviewing her, 'what's his name?' when referring to Russell Brands support of the Labour party. She then proceeded to say how important it was to have him promoting the Labour message.:D

The way politics and politicians work in general,

currently we regularly have Fianna Fail politicians on the news rounding on the government and criticising any and every move they make to try and recover the economy, while they also completely ignore the part their own party had in decimating said economy, "oh, we don't talk about the past, fresh faces, new beginnings etc etc..." what a load of bullshít. its the same faces, the same people, and they'd do it all again given half the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Woman on the radio talking about Irish Water and saying that if you can't pay call them up and they'll sort out a payment plan of one or two euro a week. As if! You might get away with that for a month but let's face it, they'll call you up and make you pay more whether you can afford it or not.

She couldn't answer anything she was asked and made up excuses for everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement