Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Someone hogging the bathroom when you're in a rush and need a shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Having to eat my lunch an hour early as am booked out for the day.
    I am not hungry yet and trying to force a sandwich in to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Had to change my work password yesterday... came up with something that's a bit tricky to type, due to password requirements.
    Now I keep signing back on using my old password, or getting my new password slightly wrong!!

aargghhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Being so hungry that you absolutely wolf down your food and look like a complete pig :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    Being so hungry that you absolutely wolf down your food and look like a complete pig :(

A pig with hic-cups!

• Advertisement

A pig with hic-cups!

God how annoying are hic-cups!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I love the hiccups! Always have, very rarely get them :( once a year or less

My wisdom teeth are bugging me, two came out fine but the other 2 are growing towards my cheek. They're causing a lot of pain and I won't be able to do anything about it until October at the earliest because I'm pregnant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Someone hogging the bathroom when you're in a rush and need an unmerciful shíte.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

People on boards who say "rabble rabble". Fúck off. :mad:

kfallon wrote: »
    FYP ;)

Saw this and thought it was a dating site for the folically challenged

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Cienciano wrote: »
    People on boards who say "rabble rabble". Fúck off. :mad:

rabble rabble

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I love the hiccups! Always have, very rarely get them :( once a year or less

Can't believe that, I get hiccups about twice every hour. Usually mange to nip them in the bud with various techniques I've learned over the years - breath holding, dry swallowing etc.

Saw this and thought it was a dating site for the folically challenged

No interst in a bald lady.....unless it concerns her growler :P

Stubborn people. Have a lad at work and there is just no changing his mind. What is annoying though is that he is smug in his wrongness.

Annoying on too many levels.
    If you are wrong, have been proven wrong, everyone is telling you are wrong...then just admit you are wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I love the hiccups!

Hiccups when drunk suck.

Hiccups when drunk suck.

Worst. Thing. Ever.

Impossible to get rid of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

City AM newspaper and its rather large "Vote Conservative" front page. You can go and take a long hard scuttery ****e for yourselves if you think I'm lowering myself to vote for that kind of scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Clicking on 'Suggestions for you' on Netflix to be presented with Bubble Guppies, Peppa Pig and the like.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Clicking on 'Suggestions for you' on Netflix to be presented with Bubble Guppies, Peppa Pig and the like.

You really need to set up a separate profile for the kids!

Trying to nap and there's kids on the road screaming songs from frozen. I genuinely want to hurt their parents, yes they're kids and they're having fun, but Jesus they never check them, they root in your bins, scream at mourners in the graveyard and are an absolute nuisance.

My 5 year knows he'd be left out there if he was screaming in someone's garden!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Trying to nap and there's kids on the road screaming songs from frozen. I genuinely want to hurt their parents, yes they're kids and they're having fun, but Jesus they never check them, they root in your bins, scream at mourners in the graveyard and are an absolute nuisance.

Are they singing let it go to the mourners? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

smash wrote: »

"Let it go... let it gooooo"

Ohh god...

smash wrote: »

I know you were making a joke but it really has happened!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When you've had a long day, you've still got loads to do and you're so weary all you can do is sigh, shrug and haul your tired ass forward.

My boyfriend saying "yeah no" after everything someone says! I actually wanted to scream earlier listening to him!

"That's a nice tractor" "yeah.. no... it is" ahhhhhhhh. God I am cross today!

When you're at the deli/food counter and the staff approach you like "are you OK there?"before you've made up your mind, and you're still looking at the menu, you feel awkward asking them to wait. Not annoyed at them just at my own indecisiveness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

You know when a radio interviewer says something like...."Hello X, delighted to be talking with you today"

And the interviewee answers " Thank you for having me" I always have bad thoughts about that, must go to confession!

It annoys me so hence the TA...

Ohhhh and when someone manages to spray the whole bathroom with underarm deodorant, and you're gagging from it when you head in there because it gets inside your mouth...

When you have a day off, and cannot sleep on past the alarm hour!

God that gets me going. TA

Is it only me?

• Advertisement

I'm on a roll,

So...why does cereal left in a bowl turn into absolute cement if not washed IMMEDIATELY!

Seriously, it is unreal!

Feckin TA'd about that when I have to wash up.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

When someone waiting at a pedestrian crossing keeps pressing the button really fast, over and over again... as if its going to make any difference,

My boyfriend saying "yeah no" after everything someone says! I actually wanted to scream earlier listening to him!

"That's a nice tractor" "yeah.. no... it is" ahhhhhhhh. God I am cross today!

I know someone who does the same, I just kept calling her Vicky Pollard to piss her off!

I hate when I get really angry annoyed, no way will I sleep for a couple of hours now :rolleyes:

kfallon wrote:
    I know someone who does the same, I just kept calling her Vicky Pollard to piss her off!

I don't think I'd mind if he there was some expression or something funny like that but he's so monotonous!!! I'll call him that later, see if he understands ;)

I'm just in a horrible mood with him and everything he does is annoying me. Ahhh can't wait to wake up and not be annoyed!!!

I don't think I'd mind if he there was some expression or something funny like that but he's so monotonous!!! I'll call him that later, see if he understands ;)

I'm just in a horrible mood with him and everything he does is annoying me. Ahhh can't wait to wake up and not be annoyed!!!

Jaysus I'd say he could be getting his bags packed for him soon :P

kfallon wrote:
    Jaysus I'd say he could be getting his bags packed for him soon 

Haha this happens once a month :( being a girl sucks.

And anyway I couldn't do that to him... no one would put up with him like I do :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Boredom.

Have you ever tried to walk down the street, and TOURISTS get in your way, you know, stopping, sauntering, looking at a map and clog the street up? Doh,

OK already, YOU might be on holidays, but I have to get to work/shop/pick up kids.

The irony is, I have probably done that myself abroad, without thinking!

Still TAs me here, sorry

Have you ever tried to walk down the street, and TOURISTS get in your way, you know, stopping, sauntering, looking at a map and clog the street up? Doh,

This fills me with rage!!!! Just get out of the bloody way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

TA'd that I got my forward helix pierced in February and still cant change it. Not only has it not healed, the ball screwed onto the needle is stuck because it was screwed on too hard. I need to change it to a lighter bar so it can heal properly. I need it to heal properly so it can get a brother and a sister right beside it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

TA at cafes that don't have any sort of signage up that indicates whether you should take a seat and they will bring a menu to you, or whether you are supposed to order at the counter.

Invariably, when I presume that it is table service, I wind up sitting there like an eegit for ages, before having to concede defeat, when no one shows up to bring me a menu, or take my order. I then have to wander sheepishly back up to the counter to place an order. I never know if I should go to the end of the queue, or if am I entitled to go to the head of it, as I was sitting there so bloody long.

When I presume that it is counter service & I try to place my order there, I am told to take a seat and someone will bring a menu down to me. That then makes me feel like a pushy twat for trying to place my order at the counter.

I just can't win.

Put a bloody sign up FFS !!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I go into a shop that sells dvds, games etc theres loud heavy metal music playing ,
    its annoying ,
    whats the point of this,
    are they trying to get rid of customers ?
    I dont know how someone can work in a shop like that,
    its not a record store .
    most of the customers are over 30 years of age .
    people dont just go to a shop to listen to music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You go to the checkout at your local grocery store, and the woman in front of you has a pint of milk and a loaf of bread on the conveyor,
    she then proceeds to go back out into the shop to pick up the other 17 things she needs to buy!!

or even worse, when she can't find what she's looking for,

the checkout operator goes out into the shop looking for the mysterious product, comes back 5 minutes later saying "I was right, we don't sell that"

The 'No' poster that is now on our street.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The 'No' poster that is now on our street.....

The one on my street is upside down!! :D

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The one on my street is upside down!! :D

Vote On!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Captchas are a fricking pain, especially the ones that are near impossible to read.

OK already, YOU might be on holidays, but I have to get to work/shop/pick up kids.

The irony is, I have probably done that myself abroad, without thinking!

Still TAs me here, sorry

When we lived in York I couldn't go out for a ciggy break without being approached by a tourist for directions to the Minster. My answer was always the same, 'you see that huge building in the distance, walk towards it, that's the Minster'. How the feck they didn't see it I have no idea, it dominates the city skyline.

This one is more than a trivial annoyance, the Bradys ham ad. What dafuq is that about:confused: It's mortifying. An absolute paddywhackery fest that makes me physically cringe and change channels as soon as it comes on. Buy Bradys ham? Will I fcuk after that ad, I will never allow it in this house again.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

On the way into work the news was on about the UK elections and they said:
    And due to the UK's overnight counting we should know most of the results in the morning.

He said this like it was the craziest thing in the world, working through the night to get a result for one of the most important things in a democracy, the election of the government.
    Trivially annoys me that I live in a country where counting the votes outside of Banking hours seems mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The First Past The Post electoral system makes a count here much quicker too, no going to 15 counts to decide a seat between two Fianna Failers who may as well be the same person.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement