Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,228 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

People who want to take on no responsibility or have no sense of responsibility :mad:

Chairman of the Board I'm a member of resigned last week, and we had a meeting last night to see who would replace them. The other people there have far more skills, experience and knowledge than I do and could bring a lot more to the position than I could, and not one of them would put themselves forward! Not one! They each shuffled and hummed and hawed until I volunteered myself for the position because I thought OK I don't have the experience or the knowledge that they do or any of the rest of it but the reason the last Chairman resigned was because the organisation was going down the shítter and I don't want that to happen! Well, then they all found their voices as soon as they were off the hook, and as soon as I had been seconded, etc. Then they all decided to question me on my capabilities and whether I'd be up to the job or not... :rolleyes:

Had a meeting arranged this morning then with a guy for 10 o clock, I called his office at 20 past 9 just to be sure we were still on. His secretary told me hold on a minute, next thing she came back with he's off sick today! Jesus the arse could have had the courtesy to have called me last night and I'd have made alternative arrangements or something, a simple bloody call or an e-mail or something, just to say could we reschedule! It's basic manners :mad:

EDIT: Having to go to the shop now to get milk for my coffee, because the person who was supposed to be responsible for there being milk in the fridge never noticed we had run out!

I give up, I really do, but all I can do is laugh, no use getting upset about it, spilt milk and all that... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who want to take on no responsibility or have no sense of responsibility :mad:

Chairman of the Board I'm a member of resigned last week, and we had a meeting last night to see who would replace them. The other people there have far more skills, experience and knowledge than I do and could bring a lot more to the position than I could, and not one of them would put themselves forward! Not one! They each shuffled and hummed and hawed until I volunteered myself for the position because I thought OK I don't have the experience or the knowledge that they do or any of the rest of it but the reason the last Chairman resigned was because the organisation was going down the shítter and I don't want that to happen! Well, then they all found their voices as soon as they were off the hook, and as soon as I had been seconded, etc. Then they all decided to question me on my capabilities and whether I'd be up to the job or not... :rolleyes:

Had a meeting arranged this morning then with a guy for 10 o clock, I called his office at 20 past 9 just to be sure we were still on. His secretary told me hold on a minute, next thing she came back with he's off sick today! Jesus the arse could have had the courtesy to have called me last night and I'd have made alternative arrangements or something, a simple bloody call or an e-mail or something, just to say could we reschedule! It's basic manners :mad:

I know what you mean. I took on a position that nobody else was going to do, in a voluntary capacity. After I left they split my job between 3 of them.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that we don't have a General election to get excited about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Having to book your day off weeks in advance.
    Knowing your nieces confirmation is coming up.
    Being told not to book the day off because the church is invitation only cos its a small church.
    Being told to book the weekend off cos that's when the family will all be doing something then.
    So working through 10 days to have a weekend off.
    Getting a text the morning of the confirmation wondering are you going to the church.
    Finding out that the 'family' get together is a picnic on the Sunday!!!
    WTF?

I could have gone to take that concert but declined a ticket when they were on sale because of this confirmation get together thing.
    Bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Get awful annoyed when the youtube video I want to watch won't load in work :mad: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

kfallon wrote: »
    Get awful annoyed when the youtube video I want to watch won't load in work :mad: :p

Holy Unblocker is your friend.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Holy Unblocker is your friend.

Most load but some don't....can't understand it tbh :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

kfallon wrote: »
    Most load but some don't....can't understand it tbh :confused:

Probably the flash vids won't play but the html5 ones will?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Doing a bit of running lately and the amount of people walking 2 a breast on footpaths that refuse to step in for you is crazy.
    They don't need to walk on the road just step behind their buddy for a second and continue on.
    If I'm running on the side with traffic coming against I'll often run on the road until I'm around them but in busy traffic that's not possible, the amount of near shoulder collisions is too damn high!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

razorblunt wrote: »
    Doing a bit of running lately and the amount of people walking 2 a breast on footpaths that refuse to step in for you is crazy.
    They don't need to walk on the road just step behind their buddy for a second and continue on.
    If I'm running on the side with traffic coming against I'll often run on the road until I'm around them but in busy traffic that's not possible, the amount of near shoulder collisions is too damn high!

On top of the running you need to strengthen your core also, crunches, the plank, squats, possibly even pilates.
    This will allow you to knock them over without losing your balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Is there an AIB branch nearby?"
    "No, the nearest one is about three miles that way"
    "Fine"

saying "fine" is not a substitute for saying "thank you"

You ignorant prickya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The election poster opposite the church. "Surrogacy? A child needs a mother for more than 9 months". Eh, I didn't realise we were voting on surrogacy ?? What a sneaky way to try and sway the No vote. I nearly exploded like that bird in Shrek :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

When you're putting butter on the bread, and the bread tears

People who put butter in the fecking fridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Even when you're just walking along a path, and there are people coming your way taking up the entire width of the path and they make no effort to let you pass, so you end up having to walk on the road or on the grass or the muck. It's so ignorant and rude.

My wife's obsession with leopard print! :(

I didn't mind before that she has leopard print throws on all the sofas, leopard print cushion covers, leopard print sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases and curtains... I'd say if she could get leopard print paint for the walls she would! :pac:

Ok, that's all fine, no problem, I don't mind what she does behind closed doors. But, when she comes to meet me and she's wearing a leopard print raincoat (parka, excuuuse me! :rolleyes: ), my jaw dropped. Jesus, too much, it just looked awful!

"Aw you've turned me off it now"

"Good".

Love the woman to bits but good grief, have to say stop somewhere or the next thing she'll be wearing her leopard print pyjamas and leopard print slippers out in public! :pac:

• Advertisement

Love the woman to bits but good grief, have to say stop somewhere or the next thing she'll be wearing her leopard print pyjamas and leopard print slippers out in public! :pac:

Or she will start buying you leopard print pajamas and boxer shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

My wife's obsession with leopard print! :(

I didn't mind before that she has leopard print throws on all the sofas, leopard print cushion covers, leopard print sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases and curtains... I'd say if she could get leopard print paint for the walls she would! :pac:

Ok, that's all fine, no problem, I don't mind what she does behind closed doors. But, when she comes to meet me and she's wearing a leopard print raincoat (parka, excuuuse me! :rolleyes: ), my jaw dropped. Jesus, too much, it just looked awful!

"Aw you've turned me off it now"

"Good".

Good look to you, because she won't change

dub_skav wrote: »
    Good look to you, because she won't change

I fear you may be right there dub. 17 years later and it's like she lives in a different era, the 70's, whereas I'm much more modern and minimalist style.

Feckin' chalk and cheese sometimes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Ha ha no offence oej but all i have in my head now is me wan julie goodyear from corrie. :-D

deise08 wrote: »
    Ha ha no offence oej but all i have in my head now is me wan julie goodyear from corrie. :-D

I had forgotten about her!
    Yer wan from Breaking Bad, Hanks wife - with her purple obsession - was who sprang to my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Just flew back from T1 at Dublin airport this morning. I saw about 3 power sockets for public use. This is 2015 ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I can't decide if I should curl my hair for tonight or leave it straight. I know I'm silly but this kind of thing drives me up the wall. It's been eating me up all day :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Creepy Google going all Big Brother on my phone. Picked up my phone to head to lunch and my normal locked screen had been replaced with an ad - 'heading to lunch? Why not try...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Read an article in the irish times ,the buttons on traffic lights don,t do anything ,they are there to fool people,
    the pedistran lights just change after a certain no of minutes.
    pressing the button will not speed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

riclad wrote: »
    Read an article in the irish times ,the buttons on traffic lights don,t do anything ,they are there to fool people,

Read a post on boards about the buttons on traffic lights. It was nonsense.

I hate feeling self-concious. I need to go walking again in the evenings but I'm concious of the fact that my sweat glands don't work well and sometimes it can look like I've got a badly sunburned face and sweaty hair when I'm really powering along. It's grand in the winter since it's dark and I can put a hat on but these evenings there's so many people around. Basically, I feel like a fat freak. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Bad hygiene.

I was in the supermarket today and after loading my groceries onto the conveyor belt, I could SMELL someone behind me loading their groceries on behind mine.
    I looked and it was a woman wearing a grubby looking white T-shirt and shorts.

She absolutely reeked of sweat. Absolutely disgusting.
    There is no need for it.

I get people sweat. But it takes two second to apply deodorant.
    And if you've got an excessive sweating problem, there are strong deodorants available.

I used to sweat a lot years ago, just under my arms and it would never smell, just wet patches, but I started using Mitchum and that problem's gone.

People smelling is just disgraceful.
    And I know this will sound anti-women or whatever, but I don't think there's any excuse for a woman to smell so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I hate feeling self-concious. I need to go walking again in the evenings but I'm concious of the fact that my sweat glands don't work well and sometimes it can look like I've got a badly sunburned face and sweaty hair when I'm really powering along. It's grand in the winter since it's dark and I can put a hat on but these evenings there's so many people around. Basically, I feel like a fat freak. :(

You might have hyperhidrosis- ask your doctor. Use a deodrant called Dilac on the effected areas first though, it might solve the problem (didnt for me but worth a try)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thats a head wreck. I cycle in a park with newly tarmaced footpaths which are marked out as three lanes- one each for each direction of cycling, the other other one for pedestrians. Theres paint on the ground pointing out the lanes at regular intervals yet walkers totally ignore that they're walking in a cycle lane, its very annoying when you lose all your momentum because you have to slam the brakes for someone in your way :(

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You might have hyperhidrosis- ask your doctor. Use a deodrant called Dilac on the effected areas first though, it might solve the problem (didnt for me but worth a try)

Thanks, but it's not that. I had a diagnosis years ago and it's something that gets progressively worse. Don't wanna get too graphic, suffice to say glands rot.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The way I panic so much. Waiting for results for my Irish exams which were due tomorrow. I worked myself up so much and haven't slept properly in a week from worrying. They came today and I thought I was gonna throw up waiting for my sister to tell me what I got. I wish I wasn't such a worry wart :(

(I passed everything though woo) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Is there an AIB branch nearby?"
    "No, the nearest one is about three miles that way"
    "Fine"

saying "fine" is not a substitute for saying "thank you"

You ignorant prickya!

My other favourite is someone asking me for directions, or the right time, or whatever, then turning on their heel, without a word.
    Or looking at me blankly since (clearly), I am not giving them the answer they want to hear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

You know what's a great one, drives me mad, but I always laugh after...

OK, you are walking down the road, and suddenly someone is in your way. You move, s/he moves, you move again, so does s/he all in the same feckin direction.

One day, this went on for so long, I just had to say to the bloke, ah here, get out of me way, and BTW, thanks for the dance!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who complain I dress all in black when my boxer shorts are grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

It annoys me when people make comments that they shouldn't. I was at a weight watchers meeting today and a woman remarked that I had put on weight since the last time she saw me. Of course I had put on ****ing weight that was why I was there. Its hard enough to go to these things without having to put up with that ****. More then trivially annoyed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

When you're trying to get off a packed bus, and the people just stand there, with their mouths open, in the middle of the aisle, and don't have the cop on to move themselves, and when you dare try and pass get the huffs almighty with you

I hate public transport and all who ride on her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When your feet are freezing in bed :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    When your feet are freezing in bed :(

I can lend you a pair of leopard print socks? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Zanablue wrote: »
    It annoys me when people make comments that they shouldn't. I was at a weight watchers meeting today and a woman remarked that I had put on weight since the last time she saw me. Of course I had put on ****ing weight that was why I was there. Its hard enough to go to these things without having to put up with that ****. More then trivially annoyed:(

can you make a complaint about that? surely comments like that shouldn't be allowed in that environment.

TA when you're getting soup and they give tiny scabby amounts of white bread rolls/brown bread

• Advertisement

TA that I am dead tired, but want to stay up watching the UK election results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

riclad wrote: »

If the button isn't pressed then it won't light up surely? Otherwise you'd have lads sitting there at 3am waiting for the Green man to stop before they get to drive away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Typing a smart and clever reply to someone, then realising you've a spelling mistake once you hit send.
    It just make you feel and look stooopid, not matter how good your overall reply was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I bought a Bosch electric strimmer a couple of years ago. This trivially annoys me because I hate the thing, it's useless. It doesn't do anything you couldn't do better and faster with a hedge-clippers and a lawn-edger, and the awkward bastard has been tripping me up and laughing at me in the shed since. I want my 50-odd squid back! :mad:

People talking politics at 9am on a Friday morning :rolleyes:

*puts earphones in and cranks up the music*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I'm really annoyed at myself this morning. Trying to lose a few pounds, been really good these past couple of weeks. Then I went out last night, got drunk, came home and ATE THE ENTIRE KITCHEN

• Advertisement

Crumpets wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed at myself this morning. Trying to lose a few pounds, been really good these past couple of weeks. Then I went out last night, got drunk, came home and ATE THE ENTIRE KITCHEN

That washing machine is gonna repeat on you......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Worst possible result in the election yesterday :mad:

Lack of sleep...the eyes are popping out of my head today. Pesky exciting election coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Newly weds who start to obsessively, relentlessly, repeatedly throw their 'husband', 'hubby', 'hub' into every single sentence in the aftermath of the wedding. Because it's a big fat novelty.

Yes I know, isn't it lovely and charming that you're all married and loved up now and all, but seriously, you're not the only person ever to have gotten married and acquired a husband. SHUT UP.

beks101 wrote: »
    Newly weds who start to obsessively, relentlessly, repeatedly throw their 'husband', 'hubby', 'hub' into every single sentence in the aftermath of the wedding. Because it's a big fat novelty.

Yes I know, isn't it lovely and charming that you're all married and loved up now and all, but seriously, you're not the only person ever to have gotten married and acquired a husband. SHUT UP.

My DW agrees with you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement