Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

redbel05 wrote: »
    People who leave their indicators on for reeeally long times.

Its never been a thing for me until today. Driving behind a gentleman who left it on for my whole 25min journey to work today after we overtook a cyclist. Wrecks your head when you are coming up to a junction or behind a slower moving car. He also slowed down often for no reason.

+1 another one people that indicate too early, ya know the ones that indicate but dont actually turn they were indicating for the next one.

Simple Eijets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

The leaving cert chemistry book we used claimed that the only subatomic particles in existence were electrons & neutrinos. There was no mention of quarks, tau, photons, bosons or gluons etc.

As a result, to this day this subject area is a confused muddle to me.

This has upset me at irregular intervals (typically once or twice a year) over the last number of decades :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

130Kph wrote: »
    The leaving cert chemistry book we used claimed that the only subatomic particles in existence were electrons & neutrinos. There was no mention of quarks, tau, photons, bosons or gluons etc.

As a result, to this day this subject area is a confused muddle to me.

This has upset me at irregular intervals (typically once or twice a year) over the last number of decades :mad:

You should have looked in the physics book!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

redbel05 wrote: »
    People who leave their indicators on for reeeally long times.

Its never been a thing for me until today. Driving behind a gentleman who left it on for my whole 25min journey to work today after we overtook a cyclist. Wrecks your head when you are coming up to a junction or behind a slower moving car. He also slowed down often for no reason.

He was slowing down as he was worried about the strange ticking noise in his car, (possibly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Getting your hair cut is so ridiculously expensive if you're a woman. :( I have long hair and haven't had it cut in ages, got some split ends now and really need a trim. It annoys me so much that this is going to cost me like 50€ though so I've been putting it off. Such bad value for money, and if I was a guy it would probably only cost half that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

miezekatze wrote: »
    . Such bad value for money, and if I was a guy it would probably only cost half that.

Half, yeah if you want it styled to the latest footballer obsession. Costs me €15 every 3-4 weeks and that's considered expensive. Most places are about €10 for what I'd get, takes about 10mins too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Half, yeah if you want it styled to the latest footballer obsession. Costs me €15 every 3-4 weeks and that's considered expensive. Most places are about €10 for what I'd get, takes about 10mins too.

Even more annoyed about it now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ironing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Working on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Unbelievably cheesy movies where everything works out perfectly for everyone.

• Advertisement

Bleaching an 8 year old childs hair for his Communion. Wtf is wrong with people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Working stupid late on a sat when I wasn't meant to be working atal :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

That two of my best friends forgot my birthday and sent half arsed 'meet soon' belated messages. Today when we were to meet I text to see if we were still on, we were I was sent back, but it seems they couldn't be bothered in the end. My trivial annoyance is at myself, it's happended before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

people who get obnoxious when drunk but are lovely people sober.
    just handle your drink better and understand you're a total dick when you cross the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who shorten words.
    "Atal" and "Anal" spring to mind.

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who shorten words.
    "Atal" and "Anal" spring to mind.

Should probably have spelt that 'Anall'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when someone could be the nicest person known to man, but has a punchable face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Robsweezie wrote: »
    when someone could be the nicest person known to man, but has a punchable face.

That is one of the very first posts you have made I like.:-) ...i know what you mean..i am sure I AM that person to many ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

whiskeyman wrote: »
    people who get obnoxious when drunk but are lovely people sober.
    just handle your drink better and understand you're a total dick when you cross the line.

Look it...drink don't make them a dick....it makes them less uptight and more loss lipped....drink doesn't put taughts in there head....just makes them more likely to say them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Now, I am not one to complain...but if the lad across the street does not get a proper silencer on his exhuast then I will......

• Advertisement

Waiting for the water to heat up for my shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Getting a scone in the shop to have at your desk in work, but then realising you forgot to get one of the little butter squares with it.

Dry fupping scone :(
    It's just not worth it. May as well keep it for when I go home and lash the butter on with a mighty cup of tea.

Mr Pumpkinseeds is on a tidying spree and it's making me feel very lazy, yet not guilty enough to get off my ass and help.:D

Fcukwit next door is playing loud dance music. He's gotta be 30 years old, or as near as damn it. *Shakes head in despair and disgust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fcukwit next door is playing loud dance music. He's gotta be 30 years old, or as near as damn it. *Shakes head in despair and disgust.

What songs he got on? Old skool stuff?

kfallon wrote: »
    What songs he got on? Old skool stuff?

Nah, it's sh*te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

The amount of idiots driving around last week in the rain in the early morning and evening when visibility is at its poorest with no headlights is unbelievable.

How does it not enter their heads to turn them on? Morons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Teenagers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The marriage referendum is all about equality. Let's see who'll have to pay child maintenance when a lesbian couple get divorced. The biological father will be in for a shock, big time!

• Advertisement

That is one of the very first posts you have made I like.:-) ...i know what you mean..i am sure I AM that person to many ...

TA backhanded compliments!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Reminds me of some of the posters here. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A day of trivial annoyances :(
    I forgot to tie my hair back before going for a walk and it was so windy it was blown either standing on end or across my face so I couldn't see where I was going.
    Shopping trolleys that refuse to give you back your euro coin.
    Standing in dog sh1t, and having no one else to blame but myself, as I had seen it and intended picking it up after hanging out the washing.
    Forgetting to get stuff at the supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

replying to someone's PM and getting a message that their inbox is full :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every time I get in the washing there is a splatter of bird sh1t on something. Every. Fookin. Time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

People who make no adjustment when paths are crossing and there could be a collision. I don't understand this. There is an energetic understanding/agreement that happens between two people as they approach each other that allows for us to walk down busy streets without knocking eachother to the ground.
    Why do some people see these moments as mortal combat where they WILL NOT walk in anything but straight lines and you better move or die?!

• Advertisement

lolo62 wrote: »
    People who make no adjustment when paths are crossing and there could be a collision. I don't understand this. There is an energetic understanding/agreement that happens between two people as they approach each other that allows for us to walk down busy streets without knocking eachother to the ground.
    Why do some people see these moments as mortal combat where they WILL NOT walk in anything but straight lines and you better move or die?!

Oh, those people are just pr1cks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Same kind of thing when one person is going down a wide stairs and holding onto the railing and another person is coming up the stairs at the same time and holding onto the railing. It's like a hardcore game of "I'm not moving over on the stairs and letting go of the rail no matter what"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

when you're walking behind someone and they suddenly stop

being called 'hun' or 'babe'

reminders about being single

when you're in college, working away on the computer or paperwork etc and the tutor/teacher stands behind you looking over your shoulder, very unnerving!

when you're on the phone and someone says bye to you 20 times before you hang up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

ratmouse wrote: »
    Same kind of thing when one person is going down a wide stairs and holding onto the railing and another person is coming up the stairs at the same time and holding onto the railing. It's like a hardcore game of "I'm not moving over on the stairs and letting go of the rail no matter what"!

I'm usually the person giving way, have accepted that and don't mind being one of those people in this world but there's only so much way you can give before you're actually doing a slapstick comedy style dive!

I'm usually the person giving way, have accepted that and don't mind being one of those people in this world but there's only so much way you can give before you're actually doing a slapstick comedy style dive!

I'm of the same attitude as you! I just think to myself "here, have the right of way. If something so trivial is that important to you, then don't let me get in your way, literally!"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When you get stuck behind a tractor with a large trailer on a narrow, winding country road.

NOS3 wrote: »
    When you get stuck behind a tractor with a large trailer on a narrow, winding country road.

And said tractor has no rear view or side mirrors

when you're in college, working away on the computer or paperwork etc and the tutor/teacher stands behind you looking over your shoulder, very unnerving!

I absolutely hate that. One of my major peeves is someone standing behind me looking righ over my shoulder, regardless of the situation. Just can't stand it for some reason.

My mum constantly telling me to get rid of my cat and get a dog, just because she hates cats. It's my house, I can have whatever pet I want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Game of Thrones book readers' irritating need to mention that they have read the books at every opportunity when discussing the show.

TA I used to hate this at school where during exams, the teacher would pace around the room and occasionally stop at certain desks to peer into people's work as we wrote. She never sat down and continously did this for the duration of the exam. Distracting as ****, my brain would just freeze when she approached. Sit the **** down bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

It seems I've developed a strange new habit - making a sort of HUP noise every time I stand up, sit down, pick something up, put something down, throw something, turn around, increase my walking speed or stretch. It's really starting to get on my t1ts.

Secondary TA - dogsh*t on the doorstep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

YurOK2 wrote: »
    Game of Thrones book readers' irritating need to mention that they have read the books at every opportunity when discussing the show.

Also applies to Lord of the Rings readers when the original movies came out..

YurOK2 wrote: »

I read the books:p That being said, as far as the show goes they often completely change things. Like Jamie Lannister being at Joffreys wedding, eh, no he wasn't according to the book.:confused: Not to worry, next season won't be based on the latest book apparently.:)

Also applies to Lord of the Rings readers when the original movies came out..

Speaking of LOTR, I had a trivial annoyance after the first film was released. We were getting married and finding rings that didn't have a LOTR theme was a nightmare.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement