Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

When people pronounce the word 'height' with a 'th' at the end. Also, when people put a 'th' at the beginning of the word 'taught'. Utterly exasperates me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

YurOK2 wrote: »
    Game of Thrones book readers' irritating need to mention that they have read the books at every opportunity when discussing the show.

I read the books long before the show even existed. Just saying. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Not knowing wtf is happening with buses on Friday. I've a hospital appointment on Friday that I won't be able to get to if it goes ahead and I don't know if I'm going to have to reschedule it or not. If I've to reschedule the Friday appointment then I'll have to reschedule the one on Monday too.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

When people pronounce the word 'height' with a 'th' at the end. Also, when people put a 'th' at the beginning of the word 'taught'. Utterly exasperates me.

Drives me crazy. That and putting a "th" at the end of Lent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

xLisaBx wrote: »

Same here, it drives me menthal.

xLisaBx wrote: »

Wow, I've never heard that one. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hanging out the washing, and stepping into the self same dogsh1t I was moaning about yesterday, completely forgot to clean it up. Serves me right I suppose, but my poor Converse, it's embedded in the sole :(

73Cat wrote: »
    Hanging out the washing, and stepping into the self same dogsh1t I was moaning about yesterday, completely forgot to clean it up. Serves me right I suppose, but my poor Converse, it's embedded in the sole :(

Trivially annoyed that I can't wear Converse any more, they cripple my dodgy leg. If only they'd change the insole design so that they have arch support. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Trivially annoyed that I can't wear Converse any more, they cripple my dodgy leg. If only they'd change the insole design so that they have arch support. :(

Also, TAd that, even though my Converse look good on, unless it's warm weather, my feet always end up freezing cold in them.

• Advertisement

ratmouse wrote: »
    Also, TAd that, even though my Converse look good on, unless it's warm weather, my feet always end up freezing cold in them.

Feels like walking on ice when you wear them on a wet day, bloody treacherous on wet surfaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not knowing wtf is happening with buses on Friday. I've a hospital appointment on Friday that I won't be able to get to if it goes ahead and I don't know if I'm going to have to reschedule it or not. If I've to reschedule the Friday appointment then I'll have to reschedule the one on Monday too.:mad:

Perhaps keeping tabs on this thread might help from the Commuting and Transport forum, probably gets updated more than the bus strike thread in AH. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057420941&page=40

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Feeling hungry and have some fruit on my desk.
    Problem is, it's competing with a stash of sugary goodness in my drawer.
    Now, my brain is crying out for the fruit, but my mouth is making a much more compelling argument.
    Why must you always win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I am slightly more than TA by people who want something for nothing.
    Maybe this should be in the stingy thread too:D

Perhaps keeping tabs on this thread might help from the Commuting and Transport forum, probably gets updated more than the bus strike thread in AH. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057420941&page=40

I had to stop following that forum as I was getting so hacked off with drivers attitudes that I risked saying something that would get me a ban. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When you sit on the toilet and the seat is a bit loose and shifts while you're in the middle of peeing. Don't know why it annoys me so much but I've tried to fix it and it just catches me off guard now and again!

• Advertisement

When your favourite pen runs out of ink... (the non refillable kind :()

RIP little buddy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

scdublin wrote: »
    When you sit on the toilet and the seat is a bit loose and shifts while you're in the middle of peeing. Don't know why it annoys me so much but I've tried to fix it and it just catches me off guard now and again!

Or else when you are cocking to wipe and the f*cking seat slides over and clonks down a few centimeters. Gives you an awful shock so it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I read the books:p That being said, as far as the show goes they often completely change things. Like Jamie Lannister being at Joffreys wedding, eh, no he wasn't according to the book.:confused: Not to worry, next season won't be based on the latest book apparently.:)

I have read the books myself but thankfully I can also enjoy the show without getting my knickers in a twist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Went into my local TV store last Wednesday and ordered a new 50" TV I was told that they would have to order one into the store and that it would be there on Friday. Today is Monday and it's still not in the store yet. I phoned the shop and was told they don't know where the TV is and the person that looks over deliverys is off work today however my TV should be in the store tomorrow.

I'm so annoyed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People who call other people who decide not to believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories 'sheeple'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Reading a thread that makes you despair at the world and human beings generally.

Trivial in that it's not anything that I wasn't really already somewhat aware of, but annoying all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Reading a thread that makes you despair at the world and human beings generally.

Trivial in that it's not anything that I wasn't really already somewhat aware of, but annoying all the same.

Some of the threads in here would either make your piss boil or make you lose your hair from head scratching!
    I try to avoid both these types - me been all sensitive and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

What's TA stand for pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

worded wrote: »
    What's TA stand for pls

Trivial annoyance / trivial thing that annoys you.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

Someone who has not turned off their keypad tones on phone. I am on a bus and there is constant beeping somewhere behind me. Have earphones in, music on and can still hear it. Argh..

I'm sick of being sick. Last month I had bronchitis, that mostly cleared up but I still had a dry cough. I got soaked in the rain on Friday, then stepped in a deep puddle thus soaking my foot in icy cold water and now I'm sick again. So sick of coughing and having a sore throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've read the books and watched the show and I must admit the TV show is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was teaching infants today and a little girl threw up all over the place, including on my shoes! But she got sick on my new, fabulous handbag that everyone compliments. It's all cleaned and perfect now but I'll never forget what happened to it... purple vomit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I'm finding a lot of the new threads that are started in AH lately to be a loada sh*te. The opening posts, I mean. I know I'm a newly registered user but I'm a long-time reader. The threads lately are just getting on my nerves. Not sure why. There seems to be a lot of dumb questions being asked, or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The latest bs word to appear from the bowels of Newstalk (?) - Britex - apparently short for UK leaving EU. Lazy, lazy journalism at its worst but we are where we are. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cowboy workmen. Won't go into detail, but I had to go postal on some guys working next door for trying to do a botch job to finish early but which made our property look awful. All I wanted was to go to bed with a hot whisky and some vaporub, but oh no, I had to go and fricking argue with cowboys. I was hopping mad, you know when you're so pissed off that you actually shake with outrage. I got it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Use to work in a deli. Always annoyed me when people called it Crumbled Ham instead of Crumbed Ham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

KatW4 wrote: »
    I was teaching infants today and a little girl threw up all over the place, including on my shoes! But she got sick on my new, fabulous handbag that everyone compliments. It's all cleaned and perfect now but I'll never forget what happened to it... purple vomit!!!

What were they eating? All I can picture is fruity yogurt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

The fact that films like 'taken 3' or 'die hard 5' or 'fast and the furious 7' exist.

Oh whats it about this time. Is it by any chance a very slight variation on the last time and the one before that.

ohh look its a car jumping over a thing, and now its going round a corner sideways. thats genius. the car ... it jumped over the thing AGAIN. and now its going round a corner sideways agaaaaaiiin oh my god.

coming.

APRIL 2018.

a car ...... jumping over a thing.

and going round a corner ............ SIDEWAYS.

............. 21 (revenge-tits)

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The latest bs word to appear from the bowels of Newstalk (?) - Britex - apparently short for UK leaving EU. Lazy, lazy journalism at its worst but we are where we are. :rolleyes:

I've heard the term 'Brexit' too. You're right, it's very lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Why aren't parking discs made with suitable perforations so you can divide them in two to halve the denomination? When parking in a location that has a two-hour limit when you know you'll be there an hour or less, or will at any rate be under tariff for an hour or less (e.g. parking at about 17:30 when the tariff period ends at 18:30) you get diddled out of a Euro and it drives me nucken futs!! :mad:

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The fact that films like 'taken 3' or 'die hard 5' or 'fast and the furious 7' exist.

Oh whats it about this time. Is it by any chance a very slight variation on the last time and the one before that.

ohh look its a car jumping over a thing, and now its going round a corner sideways. thats genius. the car ... it jumped over the thing AGAIN. and now its going round a corner sideways agaaaaaiiin oh my god.

coming.

APRIL 2018.

a car ...... jumping over a thing.

and going round a corner ............ SIDEWAYS.

............. 21 (revenge-tits)

This, but also with superhero movies.

Literally the same thing over and over and yet people flock to them. I'll never understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

eternal wrote:
    What were they eating? All I can picture is fruity yogurt.

She had a bit of some purple coloured juice! I was impressed though, she didn't cry and she was only 5! I cry every time I'm sick and I'm 25!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Use to work in a deli. Always annoyed me when people called it Crumbled Ham instead of Crumbed Ham.

My Dad calls it Crumlin Ham.

• Advertisement

Biting down on the inside of my cheek.

It's been happening an awful lot lately and I don't know how to stop myself.
    I was eating pizza last night and as I was chomping away, I took a huge mouthful of my inside cheek with it.

The pain and shock was so severe, I dropped the pizza and started crying.
    It's happened again today while eating my breakfast.
    I'm now too afraid to eat! :(

fussyonion wrote: »
    Biting down on the inside of my cheek.

It's been happening an awful lot lately and I don't know how to stop myself.
    I was eating pizza last night and as I was chomping away, I took a huge mouthful of my inside cheek with it.

The pain and shock was so severe, I dropped the pizza and started crying.
    It's happened again today while eating my breakfast.
    I'm now too afraid to eat! :(

There's only one solution.
    You now have to blend all your food and drink it through a straw.

Getting food going down 'the wrong pipe' is a big TA.
    I probably eat too quickly, and usually end up having a splutter attack as my wind pipe says no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

rosb wrote: »
    Someone who has not turned off their keypad tones on phone. I am on a bus and there is constant beeping somewhere behind me. Have earphones in, music on and can still hear it. Argh..

I was on a train last week, and the woman across the aisle, from me, was playing some kind of a game on her phone, with full sound effects.
    Thankfully, it was a short journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just made a cup of coffee with cold water. My phone rang and distracted me and I forgot to boil the kettle. I decided to put it in the microwave so as not to waste it, but it's rotten. I stood up to get rid of it and sloshed it all over the floor :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I just made a cup of coffee with cold water. My phone rang and distracted me and I forgot to boil the kettle. I decided to put it in the microwave so as not to waste it, but it's rotten. I stood up to get rid of it and sloshed it all over the floor :(

there is actually someone who I work with that's how they make their coffee, - well not cold water, but luke warm then in the microwave
    could be worse, could have went all over your trousers or top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

"Yes" voter, here, but I am so f-ing sick of hearing about the marriage referendum.

• Advertisement

So tired from keeping myself awake coughing. No sleep makes pumpkinseeds something something...:(

So tired from keeping myself awake coughing. No sleep makes pumpkinseeds something something...:(

Do you have a chest infection?

Cos over Christmas I was coughing so badly and it was only when it came to Christmas Day (when the doctors were obviously not open) that I realised I actually had a chest infection.
    The coughing hurt so much and my chest was all wheezy.
    Antibiotics swiftly cleared it, though.

Dark chocolate is quite good for tickly throats, too and tis an excuse for chocolate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was making coffee earlier, and also about to pour a glass of water. Just about stopped myself from pouring the cold water into the coffee mug, instead of the hot water.
    I've sometimes forgotten to boil the kettle when making coffee, and it's yeuch.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Do you have a chest infection?

Cos over Christmas I was coughing so badly and it was only when it came to Christmas Day (when the doctors were obviously not open) that I realised I actually had a chest infection.
    The coughing hurt so much and my chest was all wheezy.
    Antibiotics swiftly cleared it, though.

Dark chocolate is quite good for tickly throats, too and tis an excuse for chocolate :)

I had bronchitis last month and I think it's a relapse, will go back to my gp tomorrow.

People who finish every sentence they type with 'lol'. What is that about:confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement