Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I had bronchitis last month and I think it's a relapse, will go back to my gp tomorrow.

Do. Don't suffer anymore; I know how awful it is and how tiring and draining it is on your body.

Feel better soon, Pumpkin.
    Meanwhile, sip hot tea, drink hot water with honey and lemon and a dash of whiskey and keep warm x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

fussyonion wrote: »
    Biting down on the inside of my cheek.

It's been happening an awful lot lately and I don't know how to stop myself.
    I was eating pizza last night and as I was chomping away, I took a huge mouthful of my inside cheek with it.

The pain and shock was so severe, I dropped the pizza and started crying.
    It's happened again today while eating my breakfast.
    I'm now too afraid to eat! :(

I do that all the time as well! I cried a couple of times too, just out of pure frustration because I felt so stupid doing it again and again. Another thing I keep doing lately is kicking myself in the ankle when walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

People who finish every sentence they type with 'lol'. What is that about:confused:

That and the other one of finishing every sentence with haha. It's always younger people, younger than me I'm 29. I'd love to see what their leaving cert English essays read like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My grey shirt. Its a great grey shirt, bought it about 7 years ago...but now it is nearing the end of its natural life.
    Have searched high and low, on line and in real bricks and mortar shops...but you cant get a grey shirt like my one anymore.
    First world problems folks.....

My grey shirt. Its a great grey shirt, bought it about 7 years ago...but now it is nearing the end of its natural life.
    Have searched high and low, on line and in real bricks and mortar shops...but you cant get a grey shirt like my one anymore.
    First world problems folks.....

Could you get a white shirt of a similar style and dye it grey?

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Could you get a white shirt of a similar style and dye it grey?

G'way out of that you with your solutions!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I finally got around to watching "Birdman". Oscar nominations to beat the band, everyone raving about how good it is.

I thought it was sh1te, so there.

In my opinion, most of the films that win the oscar for best film, are to be avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I do that all the time as well! I cried a couple of times too, just out of pure frustration because I felt so stupid doing it again and again. Another thing I keep doing lately is kicking myself in the ankle when walking.

That made me laugh out loud :) !!
    I'm desperate for stepping on the wheel of the buggy as I push it, and nearly going flying:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I finally got around to watching "Birdman". Oscar nominations to beat the band, everyone raving about how good it is.

In my opinion, most of the films that win the oscar for best film, are to be avoided.

I often think that too about books short listed for this, that and the other award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So did I tbh! Load of me 'brown'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

That and the other one of finishing every sentence with haha. It's always younger people, younger than me I'm 29. I'd love to see what their leaving cert English essays read like.

there is a woman in my job (mid 50's) and if she says something thats not true, she immediately says 'only messing' and its obvious stuff - like she came in this morning, "happy Friday everyone, only messing its not Friday its Tuesday" or she will come out with something random stuff, like she was in really early one morn and someone said to her, oh your here early this morning, she her reply was, " thats coz I slept in my car outside last nite, only messing I didn't" like she doesn't even stop for breath , its all the one sentence . I know its only small and stilly but it bugs me!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

messrs wrote: »
    there is a woman in my job (mid 50's) and if she says something thats not true, she immediately says 'only messing' and its obvious stuff - like she came in this morning, "happy Friday everyone, only messing its not Friday its Tuesday" or she will come out with something random stuff, like she was in really early one morn and someone said to her, oh your here early this morning, she her reply was, " thats coz I slept in my car outside last nite, only messing I didn't" like she doesn't even stop for breath , its all the one sentence . I know its only small and stilly but it bugs me!! :mad:

She sounds like she should be a character on Father Ted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

fussyonion wrote: »
    Biting down on the inside of my cheek.

It's been happening an awful lot lately and I don't know how to stop myself.
    I was eating pizza last night and as I was chomping away, I took a huge mouthful of my inside cheek with it.

The pain and shock was so severe, I dropped the pizza and started crying.
    It's happened again today while eating my breakfast.
    I'm now too afraid to eat! :(

I was thinking about this the other week when it kept happening.

Because you bit the inside of your cheek hard, it's probably now swollen and thus more likely to happen again the immediate future. I think that's why biting your lip/cheek happens in quick succession.

This maybe obvious to everyone else, but for me it was one of those things I just realised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It was just about watchable, and I'm feeling generous.
    (I did think Ed Norton was good in it though),

I watched it, I have noted it, therefore I don't need to see it again, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I hate when people forget their toast in the toaster
    Or forget to take their coffee off the hob
    I HATE when people use my things without asking me, then proceed to place them in some obscure location in the house where I cant ****ing find them (or as happened once, just take the whole thing with you and leave for a few days)
    I get annoyed when women who have boyfriends think Im trying to get stuck into them when Im all doing is trying to pursue a platonic relationship. Yes Im fully aware you have a boyfriend - can you not appreciate the fact I think youre a cool person and would like to be in your company some more? I feel like a fúcking creep sometimes, just by simply asking if they want to go for coffee (I have since ceased bothering to try be friends with these 2 separate women)
    I hate when Im hitching and drivers drive past and laugh (fair enough youre not going to pick me up, but why laugh in my face? Do you think I love standing on the side of the road like a mong?)
    I hate when lefties (not to generalize as I am a leftie) call anyone who disagrees with them a 'fascist', that seriously boils my blood
    And although Ive said this one in this thread before, Ill say it again, because it drives me up the wall: I HATE WHEN PEOPLE PUT TEABAGS IN THE SINK. TEABAGS GO IN THE BIN, BEHIND YOU. ITS NOT THE SINKS PROBLEM YOU HAVE FINISHED BREWING/DRINKING TEA. NOR SHOULD I HAVE TO LOOK AT A PILE OF MANKY TEABAGS WHEN IM TRYING TO WASH A FECKIN DISH.

Yes, Im in a bad mood :)

turnikett1 wrote: »

I hate when Im hitching and drivers drive past and laugh (fair enough youre not going to pick me up, but why laugh in my face? Do you think I love standing on the side of the road like a mong?)

Yes, Im in a bad mood :)

What is a mong?

What is a mong?

An idiot, I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

An idiot, I guess

It's not nice. It refers to people with Downs Syndrome.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

+1. In a similar vein, the tendency among skangers and scumbags to use the word 'handicap' as an insult. Funnily enough the irony of the fact that they claim that their own kids bad behaviour isn't the childs fault, oh no it's ADHD, escapes them. Amazing how many kids have ADHD these days.:rolleyes:

I guess it does, mongoloid and all that. I dunno, I never thought of it that way, lots of people say it around here just as a (somewhat) harmless term for someone whos acting like an eejit. Sorry if it offended you.

I TA myself sometimes! Keep on saying the wrong thing and pissing others off. Need to be quiet for a bit.

I guess it does, mongoloid and all that. I dunno, I never thought of it that way, lots of people say it around here just as a (somewhat) harmless term for someone whos acting like an eejit. Sorry if it offended you.

I am sure we are all guilty of this kind of thing at some stage. I was reminded of a thread I cam across last year, something like "Do you know any gay people" and some very quick wit posted something like..

"Yes, according to my fourteen year old son, I am gay, my wife is gay, the dog is gay, the TV, stereo system, car and pretty much everything we own is gay"
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I am sure we are all guilty of this kind of thing at some stage. I was reminded of a thread I cam across last year, something like "Do you know any gay people" and some very quick wit posted something like..

"Yes, according to my fourteen year old son, I am gay, my wife is gay, the dog is gay, the TV, stereo system, car and pretty much everything we own is gay"
    :D

I remember that, that was fungin' brilliant! :pac:

There is a lovely little walkway that I pass through when I walk my OH to work and it is honestly one of my favourite places in the world. It is just off a very busy, very loud main road. The noise of the road wrecks my head, but when I step a few feet into this place it all fades away almost instantly and is replaced by the lovely sound of the birds chirping in the trees that line the walkway on either side. It is completely peaceful.

Unfortunately, while I walk through there thinking "Ahh, this is such a nice place to grab a few minutes of quiet" , a lot of other people seem to be thinking "This would be a grand, out-of-the-way place for dumping rubbish!" And that is exactly what they do. Every time I go there now, there is always litter strewn all over the place. It seems like people are walking through, eating their lunch and throwing their sandwich wrappers and drink bottles aside when they're done with them, others are sitting there at night drinking cans or naggins and leaving all their crap behind them. Some people leave bags of rubbish behind the trees.

It's such a shame to see such a lovely place wrecked by carelessness. There are nursing homes and indepedent living facilities in the area and the walkway provides a shortcut to the bus stop and local shops. It can't be nice for the residents to pass through that every day. The people who run the local shops are the ones who go out with black sacks several times a week and pick up all the crap that's been thrown around and they deserve a medal because it must be so frustrating, having the area spotless one minute and destroyed the next.

TL/DR - litterbugs suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Having to walk to get a lift to football tonight :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

It's actually Down syndrome, that's my trivial thing for today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I'm a bit annoyed about people complaining about Irish emigrants not being allowed to vote in the referendum.. but what about all of us immigrants that don't have Irish citizenship?! Surely the outcome will affect us more than those people who have left the country? I've been paying taxes in this country for over 10 years and consider it my home, it annoys me that I'm still being excluded from these things and I can't even vote in a referendum. :( (EU citizen here, so paying over a grand for citizenship just to be allowed to vote is not worth it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

miezekatze wrote: »
    I'm a bit annoyed about people complaining about Irish emigrants not being allowed to vote in the referendum.. but what about all of us immigrants that don't have Irish citizenship?! Surely the outcome will affect us more than those people who have left the country? I've been paying taxes in this country for over 10 years and consider it my home, it annoys me that I'm still being excluded from these things and I can't even vote in a referendum. :( (EU citizen here, so paying over a grand for citizenship just to be allowed to vote is not worth it)

I am Irish but no longer live in Ireland, so didn't know that, and that TA's me now too.

I would've thought if your permanently resident in Ireland you should be allowed vote in the referendum... as a comparison although not a UK / Scottish citizen, I was eligible to vote in the Scottish independence referendum last year.

On the other hand, many born in Scotland, but no longer residing there, weren't eligible to vote in the referendum.

As you say, it affects you more than those who've left the country, and it was the same for me in the case of the Scottish referendum.

I know very little about the upcoming referendum in Ireland, as it doesn't affect me (will never live in Ireland again) so haven't read up much on it, but based on your post, it seems senseless, so definitely annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I would've thought if your permanently resident in Ireland you should be allowed vote in the referendum... as a comparison although not a UK / Scottish citizen, I was eligible to vote in the Scottish independence referendum last year.

Thanks for your comment :) No, I can only vote in EU elections and some local stuff, but not in any of the important ones and no referendums. Bizarrely, I can still vote in my home country even though I haven't lived there in over 10 years and have no plans of ever moving back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

people ending every sentence with an upward inflection as if asking a question, shows a lack of confidence and need for validation in what they're saying. I do it very rarely when nervous.

Feck it, I'm going for it.

1. Being on holiday abroad alone (by choice), but being alone and having a potentially sprained ankle.

2. Chatting to two strangers who are clearly a couple, but the male in the couple practically feeling the woman up as they talk to you - and her not bothered about it, which is a secondary TA probably.

3. People you talk to who go on and on about themselves, and show no interest in the person they are talking to - conversation is a two way thing, right?

4. Bad customer service, but so appalled I should probably take it to the ranting and raving forum, or on second thoughts probably best not to get me started.

5. My own head and the sh1t in head... but on the other hand my own head if wonderful and amazing in it's own right, so hey ho.

6. People saying they'll be somewhere, and then not being there

7. Putting a bottle of sun lotion in my bag, and it spilling all over the book and other stuff in there.

8. People who go on a super cheap holiday to a very budget holiday, and who then moan on tripadvisor about how basic it is (not me). If you want a good standard, go pay for it, and most of the things you're paying for are so very trivial, especially given the price you pay for them.

Gonna stop now, enough for now. Be back later maybe :P

Having two running threads for days on the same forum on the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Stubbed my toe on a misplaced shoe.
    Even more annoyed that I can't blame anyone for said misplacement as it was my doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

People out running.. Everynight between 5-9pm you have every twat out.. And if you don't move.. The bang into you.. I am stationary.. Would you bounce off a post box? No so why do you feel the need to bounce off me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

dubscottie wrote: »
    People out running.. Everynight between 5-9pm you have every twat out.. And if you don't move.. The bang into you.. I am stationary.. Would you bounce off a post box? No so why do you feel the need to bounce off me?

sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Lumbersexuals (sailorsexuals?), this new breed of hipsters with the gelled hair and the beards, if I saw one drown I'd probably just wave back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I must be turning into a right old crank as I find myself agreeing with a lot of stuff here.

My number one annoyance are out of control kids and the parents who "don't want to suppress their development by setting restricting boundaries", closely followed by social climbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

There is a lovely little walkway that I pass through when I walk my OH to work and it is honestly one of my favourite places in the world. It is just off a very busy, very loud main road. The noise of the road wrecks my head, but when I step a few feet into this place it all fades away almost instantly and is replaced by the lovely sound of the birds chirping in the trees that line the walkway on either side. It is completely peaceful.

Unfortunately, while I walk through there thinking "Ahh, this is such a nice place to grab a few minutes of quiet" , a lot of other people seem to be thinking "This would be a grand, out-of-the-way place for dumping rubbish!" And that is exactly what they do. Every time I go there now, there is always litter strewn all over the place. It seems like people are walking through, eating their lunch and throwing their sandwich wrappers and drink bottles aside when they're done with them, others are sitting there at night drinking cans or naggins and leaving all their crap behind them. Some people leave bags of rubbish behind the trees.

It's such a shame to see such a lovely place wrecked by carelessness. There are nursing homes and indepedent living facilities in the area and the walkway provides a shortcut to the bus stop and local shops. It can't be nice for the residents to pass through that every day. The people who run the local shops are the ones who go out with black sacks several times a week and pick up all the crap that's been thrown around and they deserve a medal because it must be so frustrating, having the area spotless one minute and destroyed the next.

TL/DR - litterbugs suck.

Yeah, i live in the country and there's a lovely woodland walk near me that is really well maintained by Coillte or the OPW or whoever but of course every **** and their cousin just uses it as a dumping ground at any point they can get a vehicle into it.

I'm out there most days and there's routinely black sacks full of rubbish left around. The most i counted in one day was 10 in the same place :eek: Last week someone had dumped a load of car batteries in a gully running alongside part of the walking route.

People suck and are the reason we can't have anything nice. There will always be some scumbags who have to ruin it for everyone else.

I see the same in a local park where I often walk. It's really well maintained, but some yokes choose to use it as a place to dump all kinds of stuff. Disgusting.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I see the same in a local park where I often walk. It's really well maintained, but some yokes choose to use it as a place to dump all kinds of stuff. Disgusting.

This bugs me - my local park on a nice sunny day is swarmed with people and they mess the leave behind just crap thrown everywhere -and there are so many bins in the park - often about 100 feet away but still instead of walking over to the bins they just leave all their crap right where they were sitting!!

This bugs me - my local park on a nice sunny day is swarmed with people and they mess the leave behind just crap thrown everywhere -and there are so many bins in the park - often about 100 feet away but still instead of walking over to the bins they just leave all their crap right where they were sitting!!

These last few posts should be highlighted and probably deserve to get their own thread!!

Absolutely disgusting behaviour, dumping your shíte like that,

How awesome would it be to locate who dumped what, and dump it all back on their front garden...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Gotta head off to my GP's soon. I hate sitting in the waiting room, hopefully there won't be any kids. Trivial annoyance, when people let their kids bother everyone else in the waiting room/ throw magazines around. It's a doctors not a fricking creche. I hope my GP doesn't sign up to the free care for under 6's or whatever it is, I'd be sat there all fricking day if that happens.

What I see, more so, is deliberately dumped household rubbish. It's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that my work mate blatantly ignored me when I said Good Morning. Doesn't cost anything to be civil.

Trivial annoyance, when people let their kids bother everyone else in the waiting room/ throw magazines around.

"Awww, but their so cute when their that age!!!!!!!" :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Things dropping again and again.

I was drying the dishes and I grabbed a spoon from the draining board to dry it.

It fell. I bent down to pick it up (and I have back problems, so bending is not easy for me). I started drying it. It fell again. I picked it up.
    Got a rush of heartburn as I bent over.

About to put said spoon into drawer. IT FELL ON THE FLOOR AGAIN.

Bent over to pick it up. Swore at spoon, threatening to kill it and fecked it in the drawer in a temper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Squeezing an orange on an old skool glass juicer, then attempting to pour it into a glass, but to see most of the juice pour anywhere but in the actual glass!!! :mad:
    Enjoy my OJ Mr. worktop....

Samsgirl wrote: »
    TA that my work mate blatantly ignored me when I said Good Morning. Doesn't cost anything to be civil.

my manager does that!!! & not just to me but to the whole department!

• Advertisement

my manager does that!!! & not just to me but to the whole department!

I would love my manager to ignore me. Got way too much work on and when he talks to me he is either going to waste my time or give me another project to work on....:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement