Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I would love my manager to ignore me. Got way too much work on and when he talks to me he is either going to waste my time or give me another project to work on....:(

Its not great thought when there are issues and you need them escalated and you approach said manager and they have no interest in listening to what you say or helping you - and then you cant go to their manager coz your not allowed to go over your managers head :mad: & then when issues are not resolved you get pulled in and get a b0llocking because you haven't closed out on outstanding queries!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The English language is being well and truly screwed and ****ed over by the internet, social media, the under-25s, entertainment/celebrity news outlets, etc, these days.

Grammar has gone to all hell - especially at American sources, words being left out, and/or blatantly incorrect grammar being used, left, right and centre. Though it's also rampant at Irish and UK sources too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

LynnGrace wrote: »
    What I see, more so, is deliberately dumped household rubbish. It's a disgrace.[/QUOTE

I walked past a wooded area this morning that had a sign saying there was a 3000 euro fine for dumping, it hadn't stopped people fly-tipping their rubbish underneath the sign though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

The Supervalue commercial that supposedly brings everyone to the table.......they're not even AT a table in the final scene but sitting on a sofa with plates in their laps. Are these real people? Would hate to get stuck at a dinner party with those giggly, happy,throwing knives in the sink, playing skipping in the kitchen, cross eyed DOPES.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Taxing the car online. They ask for a pin code in case you go spending your money taxing someone elses car you rascal you.

ok fair enough if you want to change your details, theres some space there for a scam, pin justified.
    But just to buy and send a tax disk (limited to one) to a pre-recorded address. stupid, trivially annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Being told a one off direct debit from your account will happen on a particular date, and then it not happening on said date, but many days later when you've forgotten about it.

Irish water protestors, again. Not content with having the town peppered with protest posters, holding protests in all areas of the town, annoyingly approaching people in the local shopping centre, they have now taken to going door to door. I had to resist the temptation to open the door to them last night and fcuk them out of it from a height. Don't wanna pay? grand, don't pay then, but fcuk off with the posters and stickers and bullsh(t. A fricking huge group of the self-important **** wandering around like they're actually important.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I walked past a wooded area this morning that had a sign saying there was a 3000 euro fine for dumping, it hadn't stopped people fly-tipping their rubbish underneath the sign though.

And the other thing I often see is a warning sign about CCTV recording at recycling banks, for example, when it's quite clear there is no such thing, and if there is, it certainly isn't stopping anyone from dumping rubbish. I have, on occasion, seen mattresses dumped, and once saw a huge TV set dumped at recycling banks, in a shopping centre car park.

Wouldn't fit in the chute I suppose :rolleyes:...

I got this gorgeous Greek frozen yoghurt in Lidl on Monday. It's full of pecans, honey and syrup. I say is full, what I really mean is that I sat down and ate the entire pint of it for 'medicinal reasons'. I know a pint of ice water would have had the same effect but hey, it wouldn't have tasted as nice. TA, is I'm craving more of it.:(

I got this gorgeous Greek frozen yoghurt in Lidl on Monday. It's full of pecans, honey and syrup. I say is full, what I really mean is that I sat down and ate the entire pint of it for 'medicinal reasons'. I know a pint of ice water would have had the same effect but hey, it wouldn't have tasted as nice. TA, is I'm craving more of it.:(

Sounds good. I think I have medicinal reasons to go to Lidl and get that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Yum! I think you have given us all a craving now:)

The frozen greek yoghurt was actually a lot nicer than some premium ice creams that I've bought. The one in Lidl was about 2.50 I think, luckily it's only available while Greek week lasts.:) The Ben and Jerry's frozen yoghurt is fabulous too, but is around 6 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

In the lorry with my boyfriend and the bumps in the road are unreal. I'm being thrown around the place! Also, no bra is equipped with enough support for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

KatW4 wrote: »
    In the lorry with my boyfriend and the bumps in the road are unreal. I'm being thrown around the place! Also, no bra is equipped with enough support for this!!

I find that mildly sexually arousing and I'm not even into women!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm annoyed with myself with for not being able to go downstairs 2 steps at a time like some folk do. What sort of magic do they use?
    I occasionally try it away from public glare, whilst looking like a cross between a getiatric who's had their knees and hips replaced and a new born foal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Lorries will do that to you:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

The fluorescent tube light bulb, above my desk, which has just started flashing like a strobe light. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People with ipods,phones playing music on the bus,
    its so loud ,you can hear a shhh shhh noise from the earphones .
    They must be playing it at high volume if i can hear it 5 ft away .

People who just drop cigarette butts ,coke ,orange ,cans on the ground , even though there s a litter bin 5 yards away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

riclad wrote: »
    People with ipods,phones playing music on the bus,
    its so loud ,you can hear a shhh shhh noise from the earphones .
    They must be playing it at high volume if i can hear it 5 ft away .

One of these days I'm going to snap at one of these people and end up snipping the chord to their headphones as I exit the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

When in the canteen at work, making a cup of tea, and there's people in there that you don't know having a conversation.

"It's like that sci-fi movie from a few years ago...what's it called again...the one where they go on a ship to find an alien ship...with that Fassbender fella....ah what's it called again?"

Cue me in my head "Prometheus!.....Prometheus!.....It's called Prometheus"

Annoying that you can't just butt in on someone else's chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

valoren wrote: »
    When in the canteen at work, making a cup of tea, and there's people in there that you don't know having a conversation.

"It's like that sci-fi movie from a few years ago...what's it called again...the one where they go on a ship to find an alien ship...with that Fassbender fella....ah what's it called again?"

Cue me in my head "Prometheus!.....Prometheus!.....It's called Prometheus"

Annoying that you can't just butt in on someone else's chat.

Happened to me on the bus recently: "That new Dublin team in the League of Ireland what are they called"

Cabinteely! It's Cabinteely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

TA - People who use acronyms such as OH and TA for no apparent reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

:O nothing sexually arousing about it! Thankfully I'm not eh big chested or I'd be smacking myself in the face!!

MrVestek wrote: »
    One of these days I'm going to snap at one of these people and end up snipping the chord to their headphones as I exit the bus.

Or taking the phone / iPod and fire it through the nearest window, then hop off the bus smiling... And crunch it under your foot.

(I haven't considered doing this, no, not really :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Or taking the phone / iPod and fire it through the nearest window, then hop off the bus smiling... And crunch it under your foot.

(I haven't considered doing this, no, not really :pac:)

We should team up :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Contrary boards members. Posters who are just being downright contrary for no reason. I get that sometimes people have had a bad day and might unintentionally take it out on anonymous internet strangers, and that's fine, I've done it myself. But... this is my TA at the moment. :)

Washing dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

people in customer service with not a hint of people skills, no point getting into that game if you're not a people person.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

Gotta head off to my GP's soon. I hate sitting in the waiting room, hopefully there won't be any kids. Trivial annoyance, when people let their kids bother everyone else in the waiting room/ throw magazines around. It's a doctors not a fricking creche. I hope my GP doesn't sign up to the free care for under 6's or whatever it is, I'd be sat there all fricking day if that happens.

Hate my doctor's waiting room. There is always a smell of tummy problems eg pooh, farts and vomit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Watched 5 min of Toddlers & Tiaras and now want to punch the idiots, sorry parents who put their 3yr olds into these pagents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My house being too warm.
    Is it just me or does the central heating feel warmer at night, even if the temperature hasn't changed?
    Sweating cobs here.

Having a delicious sandwich in someone else's house but being too shy to ask where they got their cheese/ham from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How no-one dies any more.

Happens in work all the time these days. "Did you hear Stephen's father passed on".

RTE was at it the last few days too. Derek Davis passed on yesterday and Larry Mullan's father passed the other day.

Are people afraid to say the word now?

When I go, I want to go out the old fashioned way, I wanna die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »
    Having a delicious sandwich in someone else's house but being too shy to ask where they got their cheese/ham from.

no no no!!!!

They want you to ask where they got it, so then they can impress you by giving the whole story on how they accidentally bought the wrong cheese one day and it turned out to be awesome!!

They actually made the sandwich thinking, jees, I really hope fussyonion asks where I got my cheese from!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Singing along to Hopelessly Devoted to You in the car while in a traffic jam and realizing some nosey parker can see you from another car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'm at a doctors appointment, in the maternity hospital. There's an absolute nightmare of a child here, screaming and running around wrecking the place, barging into rooms while other women are being examined. If I hear stop it Alex once more I'm going to put the mother through the wall. CONTROL YOUR CHILD!!!!!

The mother is absolutely f*cking useless. I'm going to clothesline the f *cker next time he stomps by. Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Blurring out the boobs on a Picasso painting so as not to offend viewers on Fox. Fecks sake like!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/breasts-on-record-breaking-picasso-painting-blurred-out-by-fox-news-station-1.2212440

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Watched 5 min of Toddlers & Tiaras and now want to punch the idiots, sorry parents who put their 3yr olds into these pagents.

Those shows must be a pedophiles dream come true.:mad:

Jesus, I honestly never thought of that. Eugh....:(

The word 'ONLY' in front of overpriced products. The latest one being advertised is an upmarket smoothie maker at ONLY 179.99:eek: Fool, money, easily parted.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

The word 'ONLY' in front of overpriced products. The latest one being advertised is an upmarket smoothie maker at ONLY 179.99:eek: Fool, money, easily parted.

Similarly stupid sale signs like "up to 50% off everything in store" usually that up to 50 equates to 5-10%

• Advertisement

Jesus, I honestly never thought of that. Eugh....:(

It's so creepy to dress little girls up to look like, well hookers is as good a word as any. It's sick and I always find it weird when people put toddlers or young kids in bikinis or hot pant type clothes in summer. I don't get the logic of it. Kids should be innocent for as long as possible. Whatever happened to letting them be kids and play in kid clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Ben and Jerry's frozen yoghurt is fabulous too, but is around 6 quid.

What so fabulous about B 'n' J stuff that it has to be horrendously expensive?

It's not like it's made by some producer in West Cork with only 1 cow...it's mass produced and shipped all over the world. Why the fcuk can't it be a reasonable price?

What so fabulous about B 'n' J stuff that it has to be horrendously expensive?

It's not like it's made by some producer in West Cork with only 1 cow...it's mass produced and shipped all over the world. Why the fcuk can't it be a reasonable price?

I only get it when it's on offer, which is rarely. I got some lovely Moo Yoo frozen yoghurt ice lollies in Dunnes yesterday and they're really good. Good frozen yoghurt tastes like ice cream, the crappy stuff just tastes vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StabiloBoss

Go to the shops...buy all ingredients for dinner...get home....chop up all ingredients....get pan out of press....reach for cooking oil BUT THE BOTTLE IS EMPTY.....and that someone was probably me.

This is a relative of the "Make the tea, no milk" TI, but somehow worse.

Similarly stupid sale signs like "up to 50% off everything in store" usually that up to 50 equates to 5-10%

And the 'up to' part is usually in tiny print beside the % off bit.

up to 50% off all stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Yep, paedo-baiting at its finest. I despise those shows. And the people who parade their children around like that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Taking my tub of wee out on a crowded bus . Woops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

And the 'up to' part is usually in tiny print beside the % off bit.

up to 50% off all stock

The big half price savings apply to sh!t no-one wants.:mad:

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Yep, paedo-baiting at it's finest. I despise those shows. And the people who parade their children around like that. :(

Weirdly enough the stage mothers are usually really obese pushy cows.

It reminds me of that movie 'Little Miss Sunshine'....a great show!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement