Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Weirdly enough the stage mothers are usually really obese pushy cows.

They are living out their own failed dreams/fantasies through their children.

Quite sad really, as always, it's the children that suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

They are living out their own failed dreams/fantasies through their children.

Quite sad really, as always, it's the children that suffer.

A close second to the tiara brigade would have to be the Irish dancing gang. Wigs, sunbeds and mad looking dresses that cost a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Food that looks really good but tastes incredibly boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Weirdly enough the stage mothers are usually really obese pushy cows.

26dc858179894b167cecbb3cf10783c3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MrVestek wrote: »
    26dc858179894b167cecbb3cf10783c3.jpg

:eek:

I just coughed so hard a little bit of pee came out.:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

People that eat loudly.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Taking my tub of wee out on a crowded bus . Woops

Reminds me of Dessie from the Snapper:

"Shardon, ya forgot your piss!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My ridiculous shrinking feet. I was walking to an interview today, I was all dressed up and strutting - aaand my right foot just fell out of my shoe. It took me a few seconds to get it back on. Thankfully I didn't fall over or kick myself in the ankle :p. And I think I recovered pretty well! I made a ghastly, startled sort of beeeeeahhhrgh sound when it happened though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Radio5

The phrase "in no particular order".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A close second to the tiara brigade would have to be the Irish dancing gang. Wigs, sunbeds and mad looking dresses that cost a fortune.

'Cos traditionally, Irish girls always looked and dressed like that, way back in the Fianna's time...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

A child started to roar and throw a full blown tantrum at a weight watchers meeting today, the mother just sat there and let him get on with it. The thing is the leader kept losing her train of thought and the rest of us were getting headaches instead of motivation.

I understand that mothers have to bring their children to these things but jesus if your child misbehaves just go outside till they stop. It cost a tenner to go to this meeting and it was like a ****ing creche.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Taking my tub of wee out on a crowded bus . Woops

Also (for the ladies) taking your wallet out to pay in a crowded shop and finding a sanitary towel stuck to it... woops again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Picking up a lovely choc chip cookie and waiting to savour the first bite...

only to realise its raisins!!

Why are the majority of sanitary towels scented? They moved away from that years ago and now they've gone back to it again. Disgusting heavily (badly) perfumed pads that all but advertise your period. It's like the manufacturers are saying we're all dirty lazy cows who don't wash ourselves. It's almost impossible to find an unscented one.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

Just on the misbehaving kids thing - parents who are too passive to firmly speak to and discipline* their kids in public - you're supposed to be a f*cking parent!

'Fiachra. Stop it please' didn't cut it the first ten times you said it. Take responsibility and deal with it! Ya know, try parenting ffs!

*I don't mean they should hit their kids. Just to be clear! :)

The new avatars that new members are automatically given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Zanablue wrote: »
    A child started to roar and throw a full blown tantrum at a weight watchers meeting today, the mother just sat there and let him get on with it. The thing is the leader kept losing her train of thought and the rest of us were getting headaches instead of motivation.

I understand that mothers have to bring their children to these things but jesus if your child misbehaves just go outside till they stop. It cost a tenner to go to this meeting and it was like a ****ing creche.

Do they though? Who thinks a weight watchers meeting is a suitably stimulating environment for a child?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The faux outrage directed towards Dublin footballer Ger Brennan just because he happens to be voting "no" in the referendum. Saw some people calling him uneducated and such on FB earlier, even though they probably wouldn't be able to explain the entire legislation involved by voting "yes" themselves.

The faux outrage directed towards Dublin footballer Ger Brennan just because he happens to be voting "no" in the referendum. Saw some people calling him uneducated and such on FB earlier, even though they probably wouldn't be able to explain the entire legislation involved by voting "yes" themselves.

The whole pressure on people to vote yes. Anyone on the no side is automatically under fire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The new avatars that new members are automatically given.

It makes identifying trolls that much easier though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

The new phrases being used on social media sites. Something being "on point" or the word "game". Eg, someone posting a selfie with the following text "strong eyebrow game". Or someone else leaving a comment under said selfie saying "your make up is on point". What the actual hell? Absolute gimps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

.... add to this the use of the term "my bad". Fecking hate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

LynnGrace wrote: »
    And the 'up to' part is usually in tiny print beside the % off bit.

up to 50% off all stock

Another like this is the bands playing at your local hotel which advertise themselves like:

Your Local Hotel
    Saturday night

THE EAGLES
    Tribute band

£10

Americans that say 'on accident' instead of 'by accident'

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Using the last of my cotton pads this morning and having to take off my make up with toilet tissue and cleanser cause I forgot to go to the shop this evening for more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ratmouse wrote: »
    The new phrases being used on social media sites. Something being "on point" or the word "game". Eg, someone posting a selfie with the following text "strong eyebrow game". Or someone else leaving a comment under said selfie saying "your make up is on point". What the actual hell? Absolute gimps.

90's hip hop slang is making a comeback.
    It will be kids wearing Raider hats....sh*t they are doing that already, high top basketball runners......sh*t they are doing that already.......eh, Car badge pendants around their neck. You've heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Trying to be so careful washing my face because I got my brows tinted yesterday and I'm worried I'll wash the tint away.

Toast that isn't that nice.
    I just had a "meh" slice of toast and it was all dry and claggy in my mouth.

That sour feeling you get in your cheeks when you eat something.
    Most people only get that feeling (like a sour pinch) when they eat somethin sour, but I get it no matter what I eat.
    It's only a fleeting sensation, but it's awful.

Americans that say 'on accident' instead of 'by accident'

For me, the absolute worst is when they say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less."

The people who say that...... It's an epidemic and I want them all dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Zanablue wrote: »

Far worse I think when a parent completely overreacts to a child's innocent behavior.
    Once saw a mother wallop her son on the bottom just because he was singing (not very loudly) as they were walking down the street outside the window where I was sitting.
    She then launched into a big loud tirade about how mammy should only have to tell you once to stop, that he was completely ruining mammys day and how they were going straight home, no shopping, no television, no games, straight to your room etc... kid was in bits at the end, felt really bad for him.

• Advertisement

When you're bursting for a pee at a concert just as your favourite song comes on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

People who make arrangements with you and then either never get back to you or else "Ah sorry, I cant meet up"
    Eh, I have a life too, you know! my time is just as important as yours.
    Halfwits :mad:

Friday meetings after 4pm.
    Seriously?!?
    Understand that it's a really poor time to schedule meetings as most people have mentally checked out, and don't expect active participation!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Seriously?!?
    Understand that it's a really poor time to schedule meetings as most people have mentally checked out, and don't expect active participation!

I was talking about the good kind of meetings that happen after Fridays ;)

Smidge wrote: »
    I was talking about the good kind of meetings that happen after Fridays ;)

I was just talking about work meetings and not referring to your post :)

Do explain more about your 'meetings' though... they sounds a lot more interesting! :D

I was just talking about work meetings and not referring to your post :)

Do explain more about your 'meetings' though... they sounds a lot more interesting! :D

Work meetings after 4pm on a Friday?
    I'm offended and TA'd that someone would think I would even suggest such a thing.
    I'm not a complete monster :P

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Seriously?!?

Some people in my previous workplace were mad for this!! And they always worked late too. A couple of us lost the rag when they scheduled a meeting for half 4 on a bank holiday Friday and keep blabbering on til after 6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

redbel05 wrote: »
    Also (for the ladies) taking your wallet out to pay in a crowded shop and finding a sanitary towel stuck to it... woops again

Jeez, where do you keep your wallet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

NIMAN wrote: »
    Another like this is the bands playing at your local hotel which advertise themselves like:

Your Local Hotel
    Saturday night

THE EAGLES
    Tribute band

£10

To add, the bar on the quays in Dublin near O'Connell bridge with this sign out in front annoys me:
    Free
    wifi,
    cheap
    Beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

retalivity wrote: »
    To add, the bar on the quays in Dublin near O'Connell bridge with this sign out in front annoys me:
    Free
    wifi,
    cheap
    Beer

Ah it's good though:D

Does anyone else's dryer just never get the clothes fully dry? My dryer always leaves everything a bit damp. I could have it less than half full, leave it on full heat for 6 hours, all the vents cleaned out and the water collector emptied, and it just never fully dries the clothes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

A drier, is it? Well laaa deee daaa Mr rich man. :pac:

A drier, is it? Well laaa deee daaa Mr rich man. :pac:

Are dryers a rich people thing? Haha. Well it was just in the house that I'm renting a room in. <
    things poor people say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

'Get-Go' another Newstalkism beloved of Yates, Coleman and McIntyre. Why can't media people and politicians speak English. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The wire from an underwire bra poking through the material and nothing can push it back in.
    Either wear it with the wire digging into your boob or throw it out.
    I wore it and have been in agony all day.
    Now the bra's off and in the bin and I can relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Putting your hazard lights on does not give you the right to abandon your car anywhere you like! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Putting your hazard lights on does not give you the right to abandon your car anywhere you like! :mad:

Saw some idiot with hazards on on the M50 today - stopped in the space between the overtaking lane and the median!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

DareGod wrote: »
    Does anyone else's dryer just never get the clothes fully dry? My dryer always leaves everything a bit damp. I could have it less than half full, leave it on full heat for 6 hours, all the vents cleaned out and the water collector emptied, and it just never fully dries the clothes!

Put it through a spin cycle in the washing machine first, don't be grabbing a lump of drenched clothes and just f*cking it in there. Best it doesn't completely dry your clothes either, even if a tad damp to the touch they should be dry within 20 mins of taking them out.

You're doing it wrong somewhere.

When you overhear a conversation and you can't decide whether it's funny or sad. Today I had to take an inner city bus, another hate of mine. There was a chap in his early to mid 20's with physical and possibly learning disabilites, chatting to a classmate. He was asking her where to get the bus to his home town from in the city centre and when he handed her his timetable it had his travel pass with his name on it. Which led to her loudly saying 'oh, you're named after that fella, oh what's his name, oh yeah Muhammad' 'do you pray to him?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

DareGod wrote: »

After 6 hours the clothes should definitely be dry and the electricity bill through the roof. You might have it on an incorrect setting like "low heat", or be putting too much into it. Google whatever make it is and see if there are any comments on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement