Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

People not sending me nudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

People not sending me nudes.
    you need to make the first move ....not with me though.

Take the initiative post some on ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when people take ages to get the point of what theyre actually trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

DareGod wrote: »
    Does anyone else's dryer just never get the clothes fully dry? My dryer always leaves everything a bit damp. I could have it less than half full, leave it on full heat for 6 hours, all the vents cleaned out and the water collector emptied, and it just never fully dries the clothes!

As someone else mentioned, spin or double-spin them first. Then put a clean dry towel in the dryer with the clothes, it seems odd but it does help. (I never use my dryer but I remember this trick from fadó fadó.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Premature ejaculation. They say it never lasts and I've a tendency to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

eternal wrote: »
    Premature ejaculation. They say it never lasts and I've a tendency to agree.

I did not see that one coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

How people turn into such gossips when it comes to a death/funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

media outlets posting opinion articles about the latest social cause ''why slut shaming is wrong'' ''why bruce jenner is a hero'' ''why we ahould accept XYZ'' ''we shouldn't glamourize XYZ - here's why'' and go all moralizing and preachy on us. just shut up and report the trashy celebrity news you're employed for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Went to buy an item last night, yer mans card machine wasn't working. I took a quick glance in my wallet and thought I hadn't enough cash. Checking my wallet this morning I had more than enough, couple of notes were stuck together.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Going to get my hair cut but having to put of with the conversation of "are you watching the game tonight?", what did you think of so in so's goal ect. I don't care about football or sports in general, never have never will, I know as a man it's assumed I do but I don't. I just come in here every 3-4 weeks for a quick tidy up and not being asked the same questions over and over on stuff I know nothing about or have the slightest interest in. Please just cut my hair and leave me alone, I'll tip you more if you do.

I have no interest in who went to who for €84 million a week thanks very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Going to get my hair cut but having to put of with the conversation of "are you watching the game tonight?", what did you think of so in so's goal ect. I don't care about football or sports in general, never have never will, I know as a man it's assumed I do but I don't. I just come in here every 3-4 weeks for a quick tidy up and not being asked the same questions over and over on stuff I know nothing about or have the slightest interest in. Please just cut my hair and leave me alone, I'll tip you more if you do.

"going anywhere nice for your holidays?":)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "going anywhere nice for your holidays?":)

I haven't left the country in 5 years and my passport expired 2 years ago. I'm serious, I'm a walking barrel of laughs. I just exist to work not to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I haven't left the country in 5 years and my passport expired 2 years ago. I'm serious, I'm a walking barrel of laughs. I just exist to work not to live.

We're getting 1 night away in Dublin next month, it'll be the first 'holiday' I've had since the 1 night away we had in Galway 2 years ago. I haven't looked at my passport for years so I've no idea if it's still valid.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

KatW4 wrote: »
    How people turn into such gossips when it comes to a death/funeral.
    The media taking photographs of people at funerals. Surprised it's not banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

My barber is the composite opposite of yours it seems,he is a lechourous,spiteful,racist,mysoginistic,drunken,vile little man,a proper c@nt.I wouldn't change him for the world.A greater entertainer I've yet to meet.He occasionally mentions sport,but very rarely.When I sit in the chair his opening gambits usually run along the lines of "you shoulda seen the arses on them young ones in the big tree there Wednesday night (student night 17/18 yr old girls,he's in his late fifties) and then proceeds to regale me with tales of the many times he's played away from home,numerous barfights he's been involved in and various other sh1te in the month since id last been in.He does a good cut in fairness to him,and allows me to flout the smoking ban.Your one sounds like a nightmare to me.But I digress,electronic gates on houses annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Missing my train home by 2 seconds because a rather large lady barged past me on the stairs and then blocked the passageway to the platform while she stopped to catch her breath after that seemingly immense effort. 15 minute wait because she wanted to be a selfish twat. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Put it through a spin cycle in the washing machine first, don't be grabbing a lump of drenched clothes and just f*cking it in there. Best it doesn't completely dry your clothes either, even if a tad damp to the touch they should be dry within 20 mins of taking them out.

You're doing it wrong somewhere.
    kildaremum wrote: »
    After 6 hours the clothes should definitely be dry and the electricity bill through the roof. You might have it on an incorrect setting like "low heat", or be putting too much into it. Google whatever make it is and see if there are any comments on it.
    JanaMay wrote: »
    As someone else mentioned, spin or double-spin them first. Then put a clean dry towel in the dryer with the clothes, it seems odd but it does help. (I never use my dryer but I remember this trick from fadó fadó.)

Thanks lads. Yeah I always put the clothes on a second spin because otherwise they come out of the washing machine almost dripping wet.

I never overload the dryer either, I always put in a smaller amount of clothes as I'm paranoid about damaging the dryer by overloading it. Like yesterday it was just light socks and underwear, three hours later still damp.

My dryer only has two settings, half heat and full heat. I've tried it numerous times on both.

I might Google it and see, as advised by kildaremum. And I'll try the towel trick, thanks JanaMay.

Maybe it's just condenser dryers. I've always found them to be worse than vented dryers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Body acceptance and the glorification of obesity. It is clearly very unhealthy and should not be promoted.

Body acceptance and the glorification of obesity. It is clearly very unhealthy and should not be promoted.

Either should "size zero" models be promoted as an ideal target for women as that's not healthy either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was out earlier and popped into Tesco for wine.

Up ahead of me I could see a former neighbour of mine and I really didn't want to get caught up talking to her, as I never liked her when she was my neighbour.

So I turned back a bit and pretended to be very interested in all the bottles of wine, all the while keeping a sly check on where she was.
    She moved off to another aisle, so I found my wine and walked towards the till.

But I could see her heading to the till ahead of me.

If I stood behind her, we'd end up talking, so I dodged into another aisle, which just so happened to be the lady's feminine care aisle and I had no choice but to buy some products because standing in front of those too long means you're really odd..

Anyway, grabbed said product and glanced towards the till.
    Aha, she was gone.

Paid for my stuff and left the shop, feeling very triumphant.
    Only to LITERALLY bump INTO her as I turned a corner and dropped my Tampax at her feet.

Spent half an hour talking to her.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yes, down with this sort of thing. I mean we're all so accepting of our bodies that there's no bulimia or anorexia at all in the world, none whatsoever. Those evil people promoting body acceptance should be shot.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

The general glorification of eating disorders is really starting to annoy me. The media is ridiculous for it and with celebrities, it's gone beyond the fact that most EDs are caused by underlying emotional issues or conditions. For many, it's not even about size and weight and measurements, it's about control tinged with a tendency to self harm- something also over glorified.
    And then people on the other side of the spectrum annoy me. I was chatting to a fella a few nights ago who said he used to be bulimic, we chatted about it, turns out he purged once because he had drank too much at christmas. Like what? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Walkers who seem to think it's ok to walk on the road when there's a footpath right beside them - get off the road.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I was out earlier and popped into Tesco for wine.

Up ahead of me I could see a former neighbour of mine and I really didn't want to get caught up talking to her, as I never liked her when she was my neighbour.

So I turned back a bit and pretended to be very interested in all the bottles of wine, all the while keeping a sly check on where she was.
    She moved off to another aisle, so I found my wine and walked towards the till.

But I could see her heading to the till ahead of me.

If I stood behind her, we'd end up talking, so I dodged into another aisle, which just so happened to be the lady's feminine care aisle and I had no choice but to buy some products because standing in front of those too long means you're really odd..

Anyway, grabbed said product and glanced towards the till.
    Aha, she was gone.

Paid for my stuff and left the shop, feeling very triumphant.
    Only to LITERALLY bump INTO her as I turned a corner and dropped my Tampax at her feet.

Spent half an hour talking to her.
    :mad:

You tried so hard and, yet, that literally could not have gone any worse for you :pac: Really cheered me up :D

Grown women engaging in / making passive-aggressive posts on Facebook. Ugh. It's so off-putting. Get your sh*t together and grow the f*** up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Cyclists who think they have the right to breathe the same Oxygen as decent members of society. SCUM!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

When you look at a word that you must have seen about a million times and it just looks spelt wrong... and you know it's spelt right... yet it just looks so wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

The vet thinking my husband was my dad, very awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Had to drive somewhere today and came across so many idiot drivers. People driving through red lights at pedestrian crossings just because there was nobody crossing, people inching forward at red lights instead of just stopping until it's green, idiots only using the middle lane on the M50, parking across multiple spaces or only driving about 2/3 into a parking space so the car sticks out really far into the lane (very common at the moment). Ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

TA'd that my insect bites are so itchy and no matter what I put on them, Antihisan, After bite, even taking Piriton only takes the itch away for a little while.:(

Ask for Hc45 in the chemist.. Works wonders..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

"revert back to" in emails. Drives me up the walls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I keep wanting to click on the Silage Thread thinking it's the Singles Thread. Which is a load of sh*ite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hives :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

eternal wrote: »
    I keep wanting to click on the Silage Thread thinking it's the Singles Thread. Which is a load of sh*ite.

Slow internet connections, when this sort of thing happens waiting for the rest of the page to load -

wp_ss_20150517_0002.png

Am disappoint :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Going to woodies to buy fold up chairs, asking two people and they say they don't have any. Just garden ones. I said of course you have fold up chairs, everything is being moved around so where are they now?
    'Dont have any, never had any, trust me I'm here 5 years I.know what I'm talking about '
    5 minutes later I stroll past with 2 fold up f*cking chairs.

Same thing in boots. Sent my husband to get something for me, told they don't have it and never have. Husband thinks I'm crazy until I tell him where in the store to get it, staff members just look dumb when he comes back with it.

I f*cking hate useless staff members, if you don't know then go ask someone who does. I swear I'm getting so f*cked off with stupid people lately I'm turning into a horrible person.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Going to woodies to buy fold up chairs, asking two people and they say they don't have any. Just garden ones. I said of course you have fold up chairs, everything is being moved around so where are they now?
    'Dont have any, never had any, trust me I'm here 5 years I.know what I'm talking about '
    5 minutes later I stroll past with 2 fold up f*cking chairs.

Same thing in boots. Sent my husband to get something for me, told they don't have it and never have. Husband thinks I'm crazy until I tell him where in the store to get it, staff members just look dumb when he comes back with it.

I f*cking hate useless staff members, if you don't know then go ask someone who does. I swear I'm getting so f*cked off with stupid people lately I'm turning into a horrible person.

Woodies are notorious for this. I also hate how there never seems to be any staff member around the store when I need to ask them something.
    B&Q is far superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

miezekatze wrote: »
    Had to drive somewhere today and came across so many idiot drivers. People driving through red lights at pedestrian crossings just because there was nobody crossing, people inching forward at red lights instead of just stopping until it's green, idiots only using the middle lane on the M50, parking across multiple spaces or only driving about 2/3 into a parking space so the car sticks out really far into the lane (very common at the moment). Ugh!

I was in the car yesterday(we were pulled in at a shop in a space). The pedestrian lights were about 50 yards in front of me. I was waiting in the car for the gang to come out of the shop and was just idly looking around.
    There was a family waiting to cross(late 30's/early 40's mam and dad, kid about 6 holding dads hand and one in a buggy being pushed my the mum)

Green man shows and the traffic to their right stops as should be. They proceed to cross and get to the halfway point in the middle of the road when some absolute numpty lashes up the road and breaks the lights that are long red for him and almost ploughs the whole lot of them out of it.
    Luckily enough, the mother saw it by a millimetre and stopped them all but it was nearly carnage :mad:

I was more than TA on their behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Losing coverage for the Sunday game :mad:

Put a chicken in the oven, prepped all the veg and potatoes and after half an hour, the oven decides to blow the mains.

Am now starving and can't head to the chipper 'cos I can't eat chipper food and am now either going to eat a bowl of Cornflakes or a sandwich made with two slices of stale bread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Was in boots last weekend picking up various baby related bits n bobs, and decided to pick up a box on Zantec indigestion tablets,
    Proceed to the checkout and the girl scans everything and then says she can't sell the Zantec down at her checkouts, and I'd have to go back up to the 'pharmacy' checkouts!!
    WTF is up with that???? I'm either in boots or I'm not in boots ffs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

miezekatze wrote: »

Only learning to drive myself, some idiot tried to overtake me on a roundabout n then was driving 2 inches behind me for a good 20 minutes. ****tards.

Hand soap that smells like furniture polish. *puke*

(Specifically Carex Moisture Plus, currently on special offer in SuperValu.)

Was in boots last weekend picking up various baby related bits n bobs, and decided to pick up a box on Zantec indigestion tablets,
    Proceed to the checkout and the girl scans everything and then says she can't sell the Zantec down at her checkouts, and I'd have to go back up to the 'pharmacy' checkouts!!
    WTF is up with that???? I'm either in boots or I'm not in boots ffs!!!

I've been stung by that rule a few times in Boots. Tis annoying alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

I get annoyed when people use
    'just saying' at the end of their Facebook status. One of my friends does it all the time. They put up something slightly controversial and then put 'just saying', like it's a get out of jail free card.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

When people use the words "wimmin" or "wimmins" instead of women and the word "dere" instead of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

When someone says 'to make a long story short'.. and they don't.
    Just listening to radio and the woman has said it twice, and not a sign of the end of her boring story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Misery slots/rare illness of the week slots on radio.

The fact that an Irish company is being prevented by the British competition authority from buying another Irish company,

yet everyone is more than happy to allow a British company to buy the same Irish company.

(I assume you all know the Irish companies I'm speaking of..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The fact that an Irish company is being prevented by the British competition authority from buying another Irish company,

yet everyone is more than happy to allow a British company to buy the same Irish company.

(I assume you all know the Irish companies I'm speaking of..)

Lets not make such rash assumptions! Are we talking about airlines?!

• Advertisement

Lets not make such rash assumptions! Are we talking about airlines?!

we are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement