Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I hate it when people write know when they should be writing no.

"Thanks for letting me borrow that book."
    "Know probs."

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Journalists and news broadcasters who say "Brishish" instead of "British".
    Drivers who don't indicate.
    Americanisms - 'store' instead of shop; 'movie theatre' instead of cinema; 'movie' instead of film.
    Jaywalkers - getting tired of people crossing the road in front of moving cars.
    "I seen" and "I done" instead of I saw and I did.
    When I look for something in my trousers or coat pockets, it's NEVER in the first pocket I search.
    Why does Brian Dobson say "goeen", "meeteen", "talkeen", "sayeen" instead pronouncing "ing" properly?
    Noisy eaters.
    Poor customer service - "are you okay there?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Journalists and news broadcasters who say "Brishish" instead of "British".
    Drivers who don't indicate.
    Americanisms - 'store' instead of shop; 'movie theatre' instead of cinema; 'movie' instead of film.
    Jaywalkers - getting tired of people crossing the road in front of moving cars.
    "I seen" and "I done" instead of I saw and I did.
    When I look for something in my trousers or coat pockets, it's NEVER in the first pocket I search.
    Why does Brian Dobson say "goeen", "meeteen", "talkeen", "sayeen" instead pronouncing "ing" properly?
    Noisy eaters.

Is jaywalking not also an Americanism?

Otherwise, yeah, I'm with you on the whole American influence thing - smoothies, juice bars, brownies, cupcakes... and loads more that if I wasn't trying to think of them they'd occur to me :o

Hate when that happens! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mondays......that is all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The fact that an Irish company is being prevented by the British competition authority from buying another Irish company,

yet everyone is more than happy to allow a British company to buy the same Irish company.

(I assume you all know the Irish companies I'm speaking of..)

Lets not make such rash assumptions! Are we talking about airlines?!

When I have no idea what people are talking about (I'll google later, but for now I have no idea :D).

I'm reminded of being in company and we're all talking about something, and then someone says something they weren't meant to say and everyone else knows what they're talking about, gives them that look to hush up, and you're left wondering why are you being left out of the loop? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Where I am it's "ye awright dare", followed by "no bodder"

The new Pringles ad, where yer wan snatches the last Pringle and devours it, camera changes angle and she's eating another one from her other hand.
    How did the people who made the ad not spot this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Put waffles in the oven and forgot about them. An hour and a half later I have a very smokey kitchen and some very black waffles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

One of my neighbours is really pushy and thinks she can get in my face and ask me any personal question she wants. I try and avoid her as much as I can but sometimes I get hijacked and find myself answering things that are none of her business and it really annoys me. I feel like saying just mind your own business and feck off, but I cant because other then the pushiness she is a nice woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The bitch next door really gets on my proverbials. Our cats like to sit on the dividing wall in the front garden, emphasis being on DIVIDING wall, it's a shared fcuking wall, but without fail the bint will come out and chase them off the wall every fcuking time she sees them. Every fcuking time. They've a concrete garden for fcuks sake, the cats can do no harm. Sometimes I actually think it'd be worth an assault charge. Instead I'll have to content myself with daydreams of me, her, a shovel, some bin bags and a deep bog.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

**** with umbrellas who stand under a bus shelter or awning/canopy when it's pissing down forcing someone without a brolly to stand in the rain. Stand out in the damn rain under your umbrella and let someone who needs shelter in. Alternatively stay where you are but give the brolly to some oul dear who's getting drenched, you berk.

• Advertisement

The bitch next door really gets on my proverbials. Our cats like to sit on the dividing wall in the front garden, emphasis being on DIVIDING wall, it's a shared fcuking wall, but without fail the bint will come out and chase them off the wall every fcuking time she sees them. Every fcuking time. They've a concrete garden for fcuks sake, the cats can do no harm. Sometimes I actually think it'd be worth an assault charge. Instead I'll have to content myself with daydreams of me, her, a shovel, some bin bags and a deep bog.

My next door neighbour was the same except it was me she pushed off the wall and I had a massive cut down my arm. I was only about 8!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Losing 20 euro credit when doing a good deed.

Karma me arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

The bitch next door really gets on my proverbials. Sometimes I actually think it'd be worth an assault charge. Instead I'll have to content myself with daydreams of me, her, a shovel, some bin bags and a deep bog.

Bin bags are no good. What you want is a bag of lime... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My Mam insisting that dinner isn't 'proper' dinner without spuds & veg. Made curry & rice for dinner and she added turnip and spuds to make it 'proper' Who the heck adds turnip to a curry?? Apart from my Mam.

I actually think something is wrong with me. I'm watching The Fox and The Hound for the first time ever and it's making me so sad. I actually feel awful watching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Apart from the turnip and curry incident Im very ta that I dropped my.phone down the toilet today. It's not charging now and I have a funny feeling it won't live to see another day.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Apart from the turnip and curry incident Im very ta that I dropped my.phone down the toilet today. It's not charging now and I have a funny feeling it won't live to see another day.

Mine survived a toilet dunk, just give it a chance to dry out. My phone is pretty great actually, it was even chewed up by a puppy and it survived.

I'm currently TA'd by tipsy hiccups!

Trivially annoyed at the Irish instance on trotting out every stereotypical fcukwit gob****e whenever there's a high profile visiting dignitary. Other countries take such visits as an opportunity to showcase their country in a positive light, what do we do? We bring out the fcukwit 'King of Claddagh' and parade him and his ilk as representative of our country. No doubt there'll be a string of these fricking gombeen gobsh*tes all week. Sweet suffering Jaysus on a burning bike, I feel like I'm living in a fricking cliche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I took the kids to a book reading on Saturday with a little workshop after where they could make a book. The kids all sat around a table with the parents/grandparents sitting nearby.

All of the kids and the parents were having a great time as the author was really engaging and thankfully no one felt the need to get out their phone and document proceedings, apart from one absolute head melter of a granny who spent a good 30 minutes out off the 45 taking photos and video of her grand daughter. She moved around the room, blocking people's view, so she could get various shots of the child from different angles. At one stage she knelt down and physically positioned herself on the back of a chair of a young kid to get her shot.

How many fcuking pictures of a child sat around a table listening to a man talking do you actually need? Are you ever going to look at them again? Oh look there is young Sinead sat a table. And luckily I have the same shot from numerous different angles to look at too should I get bored of this particular one.

The child in question was one of those who was shouting out things/talking loudly/interrupting the author a couple of times, and every time she said something 'funny' the granny would leap up and look around the room with a big proud grin on her face making sure we all thought her grand daughter was a special as she obviously thought she was.

She was definitely 'special'!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Asked our next door neighbour to consider lowering the wall between our houses, because we used to have a lovely view and now we don't. She was a complete c*nt about it, now we have one 4ft wall and one 6ft wall and no lovely view :( they're landlords so it doesn't even affect them. Dicks.

• Advertisement

My kids are really well behaved when we eat out. We've brought them to restaurants since they were young so they are well used to it and know how we expect them to behave. I brought the eldest two for lunch at the weekend and once seated I gathered from the dirty looks, eye rolling and muttering from the couple beside us that they weren't too impressed with the prospect of my spawn sitting beside them!

Fair enough as I've seen some terrible behaviour from kids in restaurants go unreprimanded by parents but we had only just sat down and they had pre-judged the kids and weren't shy about making it obvious they didn't want us there.

And, OH YEAH, don't get arsey about children in restaurants if you choose to go to one that welcomes children, provides a kid's menu, crayons for colouring etc. and be careful with that eye rolling or one day they may get stuck in the back of that ugly head of yours, and wouldn't that be a tragedy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Samsgirl wrote: »

Apparently putting it in rice helps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Vel wrote: »
    And, OH YEAH, don't get arsey about children in restaurants if you choose to go to one that welcomes children, provides a kid's menu, crayons for colouring etc. and be careful with that eye rolling or one day they may get stuck in the back of that ugly head of yours, and wouldn't that be a tragedy!

'Normal' food for the adults and highy nutritious chicken nuggets and chips for the kids.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

"Awww, but their so cute when their that age!!!!!!!" :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did you have to drop out of 2nd class to work down the mines or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The fact that sarcasm just doesn't come across in text to most people..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

rosb wrote: »
    When someone says 'to make a long story short'.. and they don't.
    Just listening to radio and the woman has said it twice, and not a sign of the end of her boring story.

Nobody who uses that phrase has ever made a long story short in their life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

KatW4 wrote: »
    I actually think something is wrong with me. I'm watching The Fox and The Hound for the first time ever and it's making me so sad. I actually feel awful watching it!

Go and sabotage a fox-hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If my brain could get back out of holiday mode and back into work mode for the rest of today that would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When you've just hung out the washing because it's lovely and sunny....and it starts raining within 5 minutes!

• Advertisement

scdublin wrote: »
    When you've just hung out the washing because it's lovely and sunny....and it starts raining within 5 minutes!

Sure tis wet anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

I'm with a new company and I seem to have attracted a shadow. A co-worker who desperately wants to be my friend to the point that he stands up when I do and follows me everywhere.

I'm even winding him up by standing up and sitting down a few seconds later, he copies me exactly. He asked what I was doing for lunch and I said I was meeting my wife for lunch date, he said "Ok, I'll come too".

He's bloody creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

grundie wrote: »
    I'm with a new company and I seem to have attracted a shadow. A co-worker who desperately wants to be my friend to the point that he stands up when I do and follows me everywhere.

I'm even winding him up by standing up and sitting down a few seconds later, he copies me exactly. He asked what I was doing for lunch and I said I was meeting my wife for lunch date, he said "Ok, I'll come too".

He's bloody creepy.

Ask your wife if you can keep. You will probably have to promise to walk it and feed it every day....and clean up after it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Asked our next door neighbour to consider lowering the wall between our houses, because we used to have a lovely view and now we don't. She was a complete c*nt about it, now we have one 4ft wall and one 6ft wall and no lovely view :( they're landlords so it doesn't even affect them. Dicks.

Did you offer to pay for it?
    I'd have to be honest, if it was my wall and there were no objections to it being built in the first place, I wouldn't reach into my pocket to knock two feet off so the crowd next door can have something to look at.

grundie wrote: »

He's bloody creepy.

He's been hired to spy on you by your managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

bags of crisps that just don't have enough crisps in them to go with lunch.
    Nothing worse than being left short when you still have some sandwich left and need some crisps to go with it!

• Advertisement

That moment when you send a bitchy text about someone to someone else and for a split second think that you have sent it to the person you were bitching about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Vel wrote: »
    That moment when you send a bitchy text about someone to someone else and for a split second think that you have sent it to the person you were bitching about.

I've actually done it, although not by text, but rather our Webex messenger service!!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Zanablue wrote: »
    One of my neighbours is really pushy and thinks she can get in my face and ask me any personal question she wants. I try and avoid her as much as I can but sometimes I get hijacked and find myself answering things that are none of her business and it really annoys me. I feel like saying just mind your own business and feck off, but I cant because other then the pushiness she is a nice woman.
    Know how you feel. Try living in a rural town land surrounded by 4 families of these type of people, all of who are related to one another. I swear I can't even walk the dog but one of them has to drive up to me and stop to ask me 40 questions. And sure don't you know you'd be the worst in the world if you told poor wee Mary to shove off and keep her nose to herself.

I hate waiting for something important to happen. I just run through a bunch of worst case scenarios in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Tiredness. I seem to be perma tired this week. But have had 8 hours sleep this past two nights.

• Advertisement

Getting pins & needles in me foot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The wind. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The wind. :mad:

Were you eating beans again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Were you eating beans again?

Those giant Greek butter beans in Lidl are irresistible....

*PHARRRP*

kfallon wrote: »
    Getting pins & needles in me foot :rolleyes:

I hate that. I got them once when I'd been sitting on the sofa with one leg tucked under me. When I stood up my leg had gone numb and I slumped as soon as I took a step and tore a ligament. I'll never forget the sound of that crunch. My husband came running down the stairs when he heard my screams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My husband came running down the stairs when he heard my screams.

When I read that I thought there was a punchline coming!

I just had some primary school kid knocking at the front door selling tickets for something. I didn't answer the door, I never do. I don't know how people can let kids go knocking on strangers doors on their own. It had stopped for ages and is a pain in the ass to see them back again. It's Communion/Confirmation season here and I've seen parents spending ridiculous amounts of money on their kids for the day. How about not sending your kid to my door begging for money for the school and instead putting some of the money you would have spent on the Communion/Confirmation towards whatever the school is collecting for.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Printer cartridges. So many things about printer cartridges do my fecking head in.

Printer cartridges. So many things about printer cartridges do my fecking head in.

The cost is what bugs me the most. I need a new black ink cartridge to print one sheet and it'll set me back over 20 euro.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I probably sound really mean but a big trivial annoyance is my feckin mother coming over whenever she likes with no thought about weather or not we are rushing to go somewhere. If I rush her back out I'm the worst in the world. Then if I do invite her over she never comes at the proper time and is always at least an hour late. rant over:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement