Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Ok, I might be in a very annoyed mood, hopefully getting this lot off my chest will help :D

1. When I go up to a bar to order I check who is standing queuing already, and if someone comes to serve me before them I tell them that the other person is first. Well, it trivially annoys me / pisses me off when I'm standing there with one other girl, and these two guys march up, the barmaid comes back serves the girl and then the guys, and the guys get thick and act surprised when I point out that I was there first. Not annoyed with the barmaid at all, she's not expected to be psychic, but doesn't take much not to skip your place in a queue and do the decent thing.

2. TA when having an online conversation with someone and it's good craic, and they just respond with a smiley, and I'm like how do I respond to a fecking smiley? They've basically just killed the conversation, and I'm so tempted to say it to them 'I'm not sure how to respond to that', but choose to keep my oddness to myself.

3. When my brain stops working properly.

- Was at a meeting, closed my laptop, thought must put that in my bag, but walked five minutes down the road, before I realised I'd left it behind. Eejit!

- Lodged some cheques to a self service machine. Usually I lodge each one separately so it shows as separate transactions when I import my bank tagging feed to my accounts system... and naturally it was as soon as I lodged them I realised I'd done them both together!

And there was at least a couple other similar things like that today that I could have kicked myself for. Hopefully my brain wakes up before work tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Signing up to Irish Water paperless billing and then realising the bar code is missing. It's only on the bills they post out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Those micro USB plugs for charging phones/tablets etc. Go to plug in - won't fit, turn over - still won't fit, turn back the way it was first time and it fits....grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

People who write ye. It's bad enough when people say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

worded wrote: »
    Here you go Pumpkinseeds

Excuse me while I find a corner turn white and throw up :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPWHkK-_a_A

Oh God haven't heard that in years:) Another trivial annoyance: being too young to realise he was gay back in the early 80s, and planning my future wedding and children with him. The innocence of youth!

73Cat wrote: »
    Oh God haven't heard that in years:) Another trivial annoyance: being too young to realise he was gay back in the early 80s, and planning my future wedding and children with him. The innocence of youth!

Mine was Stephen Gately... ah them were the days ;)

TA that I'm finding trivial annoyances everywhere I look today.

TA that my feet are so fecking smelly.

That my body is so flaky after the sun and covered in insect bites. Stupid, stupid me for not being more careful with applying repellant.

TA that I'm away for the night and forgot shampoo.

TA that I've to get up in the morning at a set time and go to work, when I just want to stay in bed for several days.

TA that I can't find my bank card.

TA that it's the eurovison this weekend.

TA that my bra doesn't fit me properly anymore and I've to go get re-fitted.

TA that the elastic in the primark knickers isn't strong enough to hold my big belly in, and they're so pretty but will probably be falling down half the day.

TA that it's so annoying going into pubs where you've go note your seat number and order at the bar when I'm on my own and trying to both order and keep the seat can be a nightmare.

TA that I didn't realise how sh1te my mood was till I walked past the holidays rails in primark and almost cried cos my holiday's over. It's less about the holiday but more that looking forward to my next holiday keeps me going. May need to book my next one, but it may be at christmas and I can't think about christmas yet.

TA that the package I've been waiting several days for wasn't dispatched until today and will likely arrive tomorrow the one day I'm not home .

TA that the weather is so unpredictable. It's summer, for feck sake, why can't it act even a little summer-ish?

TA that I still haven't done that thing I've been meaning to do since January.

TA that I only have little hair ties with me that aren't strong enough to hold up all of my long hair.

TA that the place I'm staying in only serves breakfast from 9am. I mean, if I was on holiday I'd love that, but I'm away for work, and never heard of anyone starting serving so late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Mine was Stephen Gately... ah them were the days 

Mine too! Broke my heart when I found out he was gay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

Not realising you'd cut yourself shaving until you find blood on your shirt collar as your about to leave for work. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Verified by visa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA that I had something to post that TA'd me earlier and now I've forgotten what it was!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

My mother calls the neighbours cats "Pussy". Shouts it out and all. She can't just say cat or kitty it has to be pussy. "Come here pussy" "where are ya pussy" "my pussy is not around today"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

LiamHam82 wrote: »
    My mother calls the neighbours cats "Pussy". Shouts it out and all. She can't just say cat or kitty it has to be pussy. "Come here pussy" "where are ya pussy" "my pussy is not around today"....
    Does she do it in a Mrs. Slocombe voice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

Does she do it in a Mrs. Slocombe voice?

No she has a bogger Kilkenny accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Verified by visa

What's the 5th, 8th and 11th letters of your password if you were viewing them upside down through the convex side of a silver spoon in a mirror? Come on now, chop chop, we're timing you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

I am trivially annoyed at how slow this thread is going, have everyone expressed their trivial annoyances or is life being good to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

People who gossip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I am trivially annoyed at how slow this thread is going, have everyone expressed their trivial annoyances or is life being good to everyone.

They're too busy listening for trumpets in the clouds cos they saw a few youtube videos it must be true :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Extendable dog-leads. I've repeatedly been almost tripped up because some inconsiderate bellend allowed their dog to roam semi-freely at the end of such a lead, in the process blocking the entire width of the path.

Extendable dog-leads should be banned! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Thought that read "edible" dog leads

Rar rar rarrrrrr

Will be in contact with dragons den tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who gossip.

Are you talking about Mary in number 7? The one with all the kids? I heard yer man is not the father...what did you hear?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Are you talking about Mary in number 7? The one with all the kids? I heard yer man is not the father...what did you hear?

The father of the youngest two is after moving in with a quare wan, they're living up in the other place. Saw them down the town the other day, holding hands they were, bold as brass the pair of them!

Betty Shaughnessy was telling me the other day that Mary is going in to be sterilised during the week.....sure tis for the best really!

kfallon wrote: »
    The father of the youngest two is after moving in with a quare wan, they're living up in the other place. Saw them down the town the other day, holding hands they were, bold as brass the pair of them!

Betty Shaughnessy was telling me the other day that Mary is going in to be sterilised during the week.....sure tis for the best really!

Don't get me started on that Shaughnessy wan.....shure thenwhole family are the same, the father never worked a day in his life, and them with two holidays a year, not to mention the apartment in Bulgaria and three cars in the drive. Bad back me arse...........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

People who breath in to the microphone on conference calls. Like a heavy breather. Freaks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I woke up with a perfectly circular little bruise on my leg this morning. That was a mystery until I spotted the 10 cent coin in the bed when I was getting dressed.

I got all fumble-mouthed at the chemist's and asked for my "prescrimtium" . The lady who served me was very nice and only raised her eyebrows a little bit. She sounded really sincere when she told me to "take care now" :p .

This little fu'er cut in front of me at the self service till. The one that had become free was card-only, though, so he couldn't use it and I went to the next one. Mwahahahaha, 'tis the small victories :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Those Foo Fighters ads on the radio. I hate them, that forced shouty voice is so annoying.
    Bad spelling and text speak.
    Getting blamed for a fart you didn't let.
    Having got a large quarter pounder meal, and a chicken burger from McDonald's and still being hungry after it.
    The referendum.
    People who can't sit down, or shut up.
    Stupid drivers.

Lau2976 wrote: »
    People who write ye. It's bad enough when people say it.

And people saying/writing tis and twas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Extendable dog-leads. I've repeatedly been almost tripped up because some inconsiderate bellend allowed their dog to roam semi-freely at the end of such a lead, in the process blocking the entire width of the path.

Extendable dog-leads should be banned! :mad:

+1.
    Encountered a dope last week, her on one side of the path, dog on the other, the lead was across at knee height. I just stopped and waited for her to wake up, and realise that other people can actually use the ****ing path, not just her and her dog.
    If that was an elderly person, that she met, they could have been tripped up, because of her stupidity. I just don't understand the purpose of those leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I was out today and I have an awful headache, so I decided before I got the shopping I would buy myself a bit of lunch and oh my god it was the lunch from hell. I went into the cafe and took a seat at a single table in the far corner as I didn't want to be bothered. This man walked in and even tho there were lots of seats he sat at my table directly in front of me. Then a family came in and the little fella started throwing his toy at me over and over again. So I ate my sandwich trying to avoid eye contact with the ****wit in front of me while being bashed by the brat beside me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Zanablue wrote: »
    I was out today and I have an awful headache, so I decided before I got the shopping I would buy myself to a bit of lunch and oh my god it was the lunch from hell. I went into the cafe and took a seat at a single table in the far corner as I didn't want to be bothered. This man walked in and even tho there were lots of seats he sat at my table directly in front of me. Then a family came in and the little fella started throwing his toy at me over and over again. So I ate my sandwich trying to avoid eye contact with the ****wit in front of me while being bashed by the brat beside me.

do you mean there were actually free tables but he still sat at your table with you?

• Advertisement

messrs wrote: »
    do you mean there were actually free tables but he still sat at your table with you?

Yes there were lots of free tables and he sat at mine. They are only small tables so the ****er was literally breathing on my lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

People who press the button at pedestrian crossings and then cross before the lights change. Then cars end up stopping at the red light even though no-one is crossing.

Either don't press the button and cross whenever you want, or press the button and wait!

J.

Yes there were lots of free tables and he sat at mine. They are only small tables so the ****er was literally breathing on my lunch.

I'd be more than trivially annoyed!
    That is weird behaviour. I was in Arnotts one day, ages ago, quiet Saturday morning, in the coffee shop, at the Abbey Street entrance, on the ground floor. Loads of tables empty. I chose one, and the next guy to arrive, chose to sit, back-to-back with my chair.

Ages ago, I was in a Marks and Spencers coffee shop, and the woman behind me repeatedly managed to bash her chair off mine, for no good reason. So, when I got up to leave, I did the same to her chair. Cue, hurt puppy dog look :D...

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And people saying/writing tis and twas.

I'm guilty of twas in writing, (only on boards though, not in work/ formal stuff), please forgive me eisenberg, t'is the least you can do :pac:

jasonb wrote: »
    People who press the button at pedestrian crossings and then cross before the lights change. Then cars end up stopping at the red light even though no-one is crossing.

Either don't press the button and cross whenever you want, or press the button and wait!

J.

:confused:

So cars are coming, you press the button! 30 seconds later there is a gap in the traffic, you want me to stand there like a twat until the green man rather than just cross over the road at the first available opportunity?

Jesus wept!

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I'm guilty of twas in writing, (only on boards though, not in work/ formal stuff), please forgive me eisenberg, t'is the least you can do :pac:

'Twas not you I was talking about:D

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I'd be more than trivially annoyed!
    That is weird behaviour. I was in Arnotts one day, ages ago, quiet Saturday morning, in the coffee shop, at the Abbey Street entrance, on the ground floor. Loads of tables empty. I chose one, and the next guy to arrive, chose to sit, back-to-back with my chair.

Ages ago, I was in a Marks and Spencers coffee shop, and the woman behind me repeatedly managed to bash her chair off mine, for no good reason. So, when I got up to leave, I did the same to her chair. Cue, hurt puppy dog look :D...

You would wonder what people are thinking when they do this sort of weird ****, but I suppose it takes all sorts to make a world. Though I couldn't understand the people letting the 3/4 year old throw his toy at me over and over again because it was less then cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Aldi and Lidl shopping trolleys taking a €2 piece and and other trolleys taking a €1.

Never seem to have a €2 when I want one, hate standing around with €2 in change shadowing people with trolleys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

You would wonder what people are thinking when they do this sort of weird ****, but I suppose it takes all sorts to make a world. Though I couldn't understand the people letting the 3/4 year old throw his toy at me over and over again because it was less then cute.

I remember a few years back in Rathmines walking down the footpath one day and next thing something smashed into the back of me, I stumbled forward and then looked around to see what had hit me & it was a young child on a trike about 3 years of age with him mam and I hadn't even said anything & the mother started screaming at me " don't you dare say anything to my child, he didn't hit you on purpose , he is only a baby, leave him alone" I hadn't said anything to the child at all, something hit me full force on the back of my legs so of course im going to turn around to see what it was!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Reaching that stage in life that you know what's bad for you and you feel so guilty about it, you don't eat it.
    When younger, you'd horse in whatever badness and not give a feck :(

• Advertisement

messrs wrote: »
    I remember a few years back in Rathmines walking down the footpath one day and next thing something smashed into the back of me, I stumbled forward and then looked around to see what had hit me & it was a young child on a trike about 3 years of age with him mam and I hadn't even said anything & the mother started screaming at me " don't you dare say anything to my child, he didn't hit you on purpose , he is only a baby, leave him alone" I hadn't said anything to the child at all, something hit me full force on the back of my legs so of course im going to turn around to see what it was!!

"I'll fcuking say it to you then you loud rude cow... "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Shopping for new glasses. Nothing worse than trying to decide what to wear for the next two years, let alone the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Jester252 wrote: »
    Shopping for new glasses. Nothing worse than trying to decide what to wear for the next two years, let alone the cost.

I hear you.
    On entering the opticians you have all these ideas about how slick and suave you will look with your new glasses....on exiting you find you have bought the least offensive pair in the shop and that your grandad would love them. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

That SuperStay 24-Hour lipstick by Maybelline is SO drying.
    And it's IMPOSSIBLE to remove.
    My Jesus, I applied it earlier (bought it this morning), then applied the balm, thought the colour looked a bit odd so tried removing it.
    Tried Micellar water, tried face wipes, tried my argan oil for my hair...eventually I had to use sunflower oil and a bit of elbow grease.
    It's put me off using it now; my lips are very dry now.

Oh and not a TA, but thought I'd share with you...

My mother wanted to know what the lipstick looked like, cos she was going to buy one, so I said I'd take a photo of my lips and send it to her.

The only decent place I could get some natural light was if I stood at the front door, with the pane of glass letting sunlight in.

So I was standing in front of the glass, pouting like a Facebook darling, when I see something move in the garden...on the other side of the door obviously.

I can't make it out, but whatever it is backs away.
    I glance out the window and it's a girl delivering takeaway leaflets.

She must have saw me standing on the other side of the door, WITH MY PHONE IN THE "TAKING A PICTURE" POSITION, DEEMED ME A LOONY, AND FECKED OFF!!!!

Mortified is not the word!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Verified by visa

Don't even go there....:mad: Mr Pumpkinseeds AIB card won't work on it so any time he wants to pay for something with his card that requires VBV I have to use my card to pay for it. He went to the bank they assured him there's no problem with the card. I beg to disagree.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

So an online company cancel my order and now I have to wait 10 poxy working days before the money goes from pending back into my bank account jesus wept

also what is the deal with Radio stations all reading the news at the same time????? ive a 10 min drive to most destinations and to work, i wanna hear music, i dont want to have to spend most of the drive trying to find a station that isnt reading the fooking news :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Don't even go there....:mad: Mr Pumpkinseeds AIB card won't work on it so any time he wants to pay for something with his card that requires VBV I have to use my card to pay for it. He went to the bank they assured him there's no problem with the card. I beg to disagree.:mad:

why is this even an option???, something that bugs the **** out of me as i can't remember signing up for this and I always **** up the digits which ends up locking the card

I'd just like to say that my VBV works perfectly, never had a problem with it :D

*legs it*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Someone in Spar after buying a sandwich roll and they bite into it like they're trying to kill it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who lean their heads in when eating from a fork.
    Bring the fork TO you, ffs!

I also hate people who use their knife to "help" the food onto the fork :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement